AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-01, 21:22   Link #1
Xichito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Talking Looking for some good anime :)

Hey, i'm looking for any anime that is good, action with drama and mature. I've watched (or still seeing) Bleach, Naruto, and finished KgNE, and i liked them 3. I looked into 2x2Shinobu and I kinda thought it was more comedy than action (doesn't really interest me much). Any suggestions out there for a deep, action/drama anime? I don't care if its licensed or unlicensed. I don't like machine type anime also. Maybe an anime that would maybe make me sad and some action to it? I hope I gave yah all the details, thanks much

Edit: Any tragedy/action type anime is also welcomed
__________________
Thousands of people die each year in their sleep, don't be a statistic, stay up and watch anime.

Last edited by Xichito; 2004-12-02 at 22:28.
Xichito is offline  
Old 2004-12-01, 23:16   Link #2
shino bugged
shino
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: torrance , ca
Age: 28
Paranoia Agent : A kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" has been going around attacking people with bats. now two detectives are on the case to stop this kid from any more attacks... but they will find out soon enough, that this is much more than they can handle. i think its the best anime of 2004 it has action,drama,comedy,etc. its a badass trip. licensed

Sunabazo: Trigun on crack its about a short bounty hunter in a future dessert world who goes around accepting jobs . Action and comedy (in the first episode the main badguy look like Rock lee on steriods). not licensed

Full metal alchemist : if u hanen't watched it yet, u have too. licensed

cool sign
__________________
Think about it a world without idiots...... ....None of us would be here..
shino bugged is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 00:34   Link #3
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Twelve Kingdoms: The best anime of 2002. Star studded cast. A good amount of fighting in the beginning and the ned of the series. The focus switches from a quest for survival to political intrigue in the end.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 09:08   Link #4
Xichito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
If you can, can you tell me how many episodes of each anime suggested, thanks
I just want to see how long am i gonna be into
__________________
Thousands of people die each year in their sleep, don't be a statistic, stay up and watch anime.
Xichito is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 12:30   Link #5
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xichito
If you can, can you tell me how many episodes of each anime suggested, thanks
I just want to see how long am i gonna be into
12 Kingdoms has 39 episodes.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 17:41   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
12 Kingdoms has 39 episodes.
Actually 12K has 45 episodes. First season was 39 episodes long. Then they started to make a second season, but it was cancelled after 6 episodes.

39+6=45

Twelve Kingdoms has 45 episodes.
Paranoia Agent has 13 episodes.
Fullmetal Alchemist has 51 episodes.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 17:57   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xichito
If you can, can you tell me how many episodes of each anime suggested, thanks
NoSanninWa has already answered this but you could have found out by yourself by looking in the How Many Episodes: Answered here! sticky
xris is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 18:23   Link #8
UnDeaD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shino bugged
Paranoia Agent : A kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" has been going around attacking people with bats. now two detectives are on the case to stop this kid from any more attacks... but they will find out soon enough, that this is much more than they can handle. i think its the best anime of 2004 it has action,drama,comedy,etc. its a badass trip. licensed

Sunabazo: Trigun on crack its about a short bounty hunter in a future dessert world who goes around accepting jobs . Action and comedy (in the first episode the main badguy look like Rock lee on steriods). not licensed

Full metal alchemist : if u hanen't watched it yet, u have too. licensed

cool sign
Is anyone subbing Sunabazo?... I dont see any fansub around...
UnDeaD is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 18:39   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeaD
Is anyone subbing Sunabazo?... I dont see any fansub around...
You mean apart from those listed on AnimeSuki under Sunabozu (moral: Don't trust other people's spelling)
xris is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 18:57   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
You mean apart from those listed on AnimeSuki under Sunabozu (moral: Don't trust other people's spelling)
LOL! That's why I also list a link when I suggest something. (I link to our site if unlicensed or to ANN if licensed.)
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 19:23   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by shino bugged

Sunabazo: Trigun on crack its about a short bounty hunter in a future dessert world who goes around accepting jobs . Action and comedy (in the first episode the main badguy look like Rock lee on steriods). not licensed
Hmmm, Iíve never heard of this. Is it old?

If not then why is this not listed here on AS? It sounds really cool.

More info plz.

Edit: ALWAYS READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING OR YOU WILL END UP LOOKING LIKE ME. (A total idiot)
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 20:31   Link #12
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xichito
Hey, i'm looking for any anime that is good, action with drama and mature. I've watched (or still seeing) Bleach, Naruto, and finished KgNE, and i liked them 3. I looked into 2x2Shinobu and I kinda thought it was more comedy than action (doesn't really interest me much). Any suggestions out there for a deep, action/drama anime? I don't care if its licensed or unlicensed. I don't like machine type anime also. Maybe an anime that would maybe make me sad and some action to it? I hope I gave yah all the details, thanks much
GUNPARADE MARCH! oh god you would love it. mech/love story. awesome. go buy it! "buy" it!

shay- its listed isnt it?

urgh.. and Gundam seed. gundam seed rocks. go dontbdownuloady it. dont ask for it either!
__________________
hobobaggins is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 21:33   Link #13
UnDeaD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
You mean apart from those listed on AnimeSuki under Sunabozu (moral: Don't trust other people's spelling)
... LOL... Thanks for the link
UnDeaD is offline  
Old 2004-12-02, 22:24   Link #14
Xichito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
NoSanninWa has already answered this but you could have found out by yourself by looking in the How Many Episodes: Answered here! sticky
Ah how come I didn't come across this >.<; doh. Thanks a bunch
Also, because of Twelve Kingdoms getting cancelled during their 2nd season, does it end in a good way?

Btw thanks for the suggestions guys!
__________________
Thousands of people die each year in their sleep, don't be a statistic, stay up and watch anime.
Xichito is offline  
Old 2004-12-03, 00:08   Link #15
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Twelve Kingdoms: The best anime of 2002. Star studded cast. A good amount of fighting in the beginning and the ned of the series. The focus switches from a quest for survival to political intrigue in the end.
You, my friend, have just said the magic words.

I also suggest The Twelve Kingdoms. (licensed) Not as action-filled as Bleach perhaps, but it definitely has a more well-written story. Great cast, (Aya Hisakawa, Houko Kuwashima and more), a great musical score and interesting characters.

As for my wild suggestion of the day--try Condor Hero. (licensed..?) Martial arts, romance, adventure. Some people have problems with it--particularly with regard to the animation quality--but if you can get past that, it just might be worth your time.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2004-12-03, 00:52   Link #16
DrewGSR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
If you like KGNE I would recommend:

Full Moon wo Sagashtite (mostly a drama & available on fansub 52 Eps)
Ai Yori Yoshi (romance/drama)
Stellvia of the Universe
Saikano
Roses of Versailles
Da Capo
Kanon

Action/Other

Elfen Lied (quite possibly the best new anime of 2004. ranked #1 @ anidb & #4 @ animeNFO and climbing)
Fullmetal Alchemist (just awsome action and drama and they get to the point no filler crap like naruto)

Theres alot more all i can think of off top of my head
DrewGSR is offline  
Old 2004-12-03, 01:07   Link #17
Xichito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
If you like KGNE I would recommend:

Full Moon wo Sagashtite (mostly a drama & available on fansub 52 Eps)
Ai Yori Yoshi (romance/drama)
Stellvia of the Universe
Saikano
Roses of Versailles
Da Capo
Kanon

Action/Other

Elfen Lied (quite possibly the best new anime of 2004. ranked #1 @ anidb & #4 @ animeNFO and climbing)
Fullmetal Alchemist (just awsome action and drama and they get to the point no filler crap like naruto)

Theres alot more all i can think of off top of my head

I tried Kanon before and thought it was too colorful for me, (ack the pink!) X_X
Can you please tell me what it's about ^_^;; Thanks
__________________
Thousands of people die each year in their sleep, don't be a statistic, stay up and watch anime.
Xichito is offline  
Old 2004-12-03, 02:23   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xichito
Ah how come I didn't come across this >.<; doh. Thanks a bunch
Also, because of Twelve Kingdoms getting cancelled during their 2nd season, does it end in a good way?

Btw thanks for the suggestions guys!
Twelve Kingdoms ends at the conclusion of a story arc, not in the middle of one so I guess it is ended "in a good way."
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2004-12-03, 02:52   Link #19
Budweineken
Crap
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
I guess there is still hope that the anime will be finished... if im not mistaken it is a matter of the author finishing the novels in order to have enough material to finish the anime...

I might be talking out of my ass
Budweineken is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.