AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 14:47   Link #81
Codex

Heh, wao ... I watched the ep on Wednesday, and boy was I surprised. I was planning to leave a little note for you to GO WATCH EP 9 since I figured you'd be excited, but I see it is not necessary ...

Ep 9 spoiler ... continuing from where wao left off ... sorta ...
Spoiler:

Hmmm ... and I'll have to try your page again later ... link not working yet
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 08:30   Link #82
wao
OK.

Ah, !@##!!!!!!!!! I didn't type in the right URL -_-

Well anyway, This should be the right URL. WIth all the pics.

About ep 9,

Spoiler:

Again I ask you to correct any mistakes on that page...
Old 2004-09-05, 13:23   Link #83
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Ah, !@##!!!!!!!!! I didn't type in the right URL -_-

Well anyway, This should be the right URL. WIth all the pics.

About ep 9,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Again I ask you to correct any mistakes on that page...
Your Japanese is much, much better than mine . I could hardly make out what they were saying. Thanks for preparing the page!

Still there's one line which I thought I understood, but you have transcribed and translated differently.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-06, 19:15   Link #84
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched the episode 9, so the speculation about the hidden meaning of Raiko's poem to Hikari is indeed true!
Spoiler:

For Mansairaku, I still think he's evil... his eyes look just soooo eerie and devoid of emotions
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 07:11   Link #85
wao
OK.

Ah, your translation does actually make more sense... I'm too lazy to change the page though <_<

After watching ep 10,
Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2004-09-10, 17:01   Link #86
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

that anime really kicks ass, i always enjoy samurai-historical shows....
And Mansairaku is freakin' cool !!!
i dunno why, but sadamitsu's voice reminds me of Shikamaru's , hehe
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:06   Link #87
wao
OK.

Yup, er, now that we have a, um, clarified version of #9..... WHEE! My translations are so off XD But the real deal is so nice! I'm almost drunk. Heh.

And I really don't know what to say about Urabe... She always gets stuck inthe most troubling situations. Stupid Abe no Seimei.
Old 2004-09-11, 15:48   Link #88
dreamless

Hmm... it looks interesting now... I think this series is supposed to be 26 episodes? But it seems the Hikaru and Magatama story will conclude at episode 13? Kinda wondering if the next 13 episodes will be some new story with the same characters, or it will be another completely different Otogizoushi (picture book story) altogether?

episode 10 sure has some supernatural kind of stuff
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-11, 20:46   Link #89
wao
OK.

I imagine Shuten-douji would be drinking ... wine. BUt it seems like a very weird one.

Yeah, based on the (again) summary for ep 13 on Production I.G.'s site... I think this arc will conclude at 13 eps. But it doesn't look like it ends totally so I'm sure we'll see more Mansairaku and Hikaru etc

It seems Hikaru loves going to Rashoumon... maybe because there is a higher chance of encountering somebody >_>
Old 2004-09-12, 06:06   Link #90
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Having only watched till episode 9, I got a theory or two on Seimei and Mansairaku.

I believe Seimei to be the one that plots to get rid of the old regime and implement a new regime for the benefit of the people but in a harsh and cold method. He would be the Machiavelli of the show ("ends justify the means"). We already know that he actually is not following nor giving in to the desires of the two ministers but rather working on plans that are out of the thoughts of the ministers (for example, both thought he concocted a cure for the Emperor when he actually served a strong poison).

Mansairaku on the other hand is the idealistic revolutionary that will bring doom to the country. His ways are likely to be too bent on the injustices served previously that it would merely turn into a vengeance drive (the ways he express the slights he feel and his haunting theme music). He and Seimei might be working to the same end of eliminating the old corruptness but their goals and methods would be different.

In this way, both in my thinking would serve as a good contrast and a nice mystery plot to go on. Who should Raikou support in the end? Destroy the corrupt regime along with the country or suffer a bit of slight of being servant to someone's plan to restore an effective government?

Of course, the above is just my opinion. They may be wrong.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 08:29   Link #91
wao
OK.

That's a pretty good theory, Yebyosh I kind of agree with it. We haven't seen enough of Mansairaku yet, but he seems like the kind that outwardly is calm, collected and cool but inside is a melting pot of emotions (ooh, how the fangirls drool!)

I think Hikaru/Raikou, being attracted to Mansairaku, would have her heart going in his direction but her mind going neither way... I think she is also now in the group that is aware of the ministers' corruptness, and what the rest of the group thinks could also affect her. For example, Tsuna might be more inclined to the old-style method (I think?) while Sadamitsu might be more inclined to Mansairaku's method.

THrow in the various types of relationships they have with each other as well as Hikaru's lie of being a male... where's the next episode??
Old 2004-09-12, 11:05   Link #92
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
ooh, how the fangirls drool!
yeah ! i'm one of them, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao

For example, Tsuna might be more inclined to the old-style method (I think?) while Sadamitsu might be more inclined to Mansairaku's method.
hmm, i think whatever would happen, Tsuna will follow his "raikou - sama"...
i was wondering what's his true feelings to Raikou/Hikaru... love ? loyalty ?
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 11:51   Link #93
dreamless

wow, just discovered something related to the plot of Otogizoushi after episode 13 on the NTV official site!
Spoiler for not sure if it's spoiler but it's quite shocking @_@:
Old 2004-09-12, 20:47   Link #94
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
wow, just discovered something related to the plot of Otogizoushi after episode 13 on the NTV official site!

That would be ... really ... odd.

My thought was that the magatama arc would end, and the next arc would be focused on Abe no Seimei's plans and its ramifications - and, of course, putting the capital to rights.

Then again, I guess it's not so weird that Mansairaku and Hikaru came to an understanding so quickly. Blah ...
Old 2004-09-13, 05:17   Link #95
wao
OK.

Quote:
Spoiler for not sure if it's spoiler but it's quite shocking @_@:
WHAT THE FSCKING HELL? O__________________________O
O_O
O_O
O_O
That's just totally unexpected and weird. I'm desparately hoping that is NOT the case. (though Production I.G.'s site is suspiciously not including any more titles after ep 13...)
O_O

Spoiler:

That's juts too weird. I'm going to check up on it. Oh gosh...
Spoiler:

EDIT: Yes, heh, sorry, I overreacted. Right, I'm calmer now, now where is this image on NTV site... I know you couldn't have pulled it from thin air...
Old 2004-09-13, 07:59   Link #96
dreamless

well, someone else directed me to the link to the image... it is indeed on the NTV site though...

now I have a new theory about Mansairaku
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-13, 11:38   Link #97
wao
OK.

Quote:
well, someone else directed me to the link to the image... it is indeed on the NTV site though...

now I have a new theory about Mansairaku
Spoiler:
I've spent a good hour looking all over the NTV and Production IG and VAP site for any hint of it but I can't find it. Could it possibly be a fluke? Or a little leak which has spread around? Whatever it is.... Let's hope it's an October Fools joke or something
But like I said, Production I.G. not putting those things up after ep 13... noooo.... Mansairaku-sama!

(Though I did read the comment of this Japanese person on the Otogizoushi BBS on the NTV site, heh, she said Mansairaku kakkoi saikou desu and I agree wholeheartedly~! )

EDIT: Nothing on the original site, however I'm looking it up a bit on google using Japanese... seems like it's true !!! I'll try find any related images. For now, there's this text one... anyone can translate?

bit of text which says something hinting about the, er, shocking revelation?

Wait. WAIT. *WAIT*.
I just tried reading a bit of that.
WHAT THE
Just as I became a fan of this series, I'm.... going to go into concussion...
What the HELL? (yes, I know I'm overreacting, but --
Spoiler:

*calms down*
This is an absolute WTF-er. I haven't been so completely SHOCKED in ages. Now how the hell
Spoiler:

EDIT2: From what I am, um, trying very hard to read on 2ch, it seems that
Spoiler:

Last edited by wao; 2004-09-13 at 11:52.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 12:27   Link #98
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Eh wao, dreamless's image is linked from NTV itself... though I too failed to find any link to its category ("other").

If it does happen in that manner, I would be in a "WTF" mode . They would really need to pull something really good to save it for me then.

The very, very brief synopsis for episode 13 on Production I.G.'s site does indicate that in that episode, Raikou becomes the commander of the Rashomon gate with the burden of everyone's wishes and hopes on her shoulders. It also seems to indicate the start of a life-and-death battle...

Hmm, it seems Otogizoushi is serialised as a manga in Comic Blade. I wonder if the anime follows the manga, perhaps some information can be garnered from there... Of course that begs the question, does anyone on animesuki actually read Comic Blade?
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 14:41   Link #99
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

what's so wrong about the new arc?
Old 2004-09-13, 21:44   Link #100
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
what's so wrong about the new arc?
Imagine ... the new opening sequence ...

A lush forest ... all in the gorgeous watercolour that we know and love ... gets overtaken by concrete. Cue dramatic OP.

Then, flash to Hikaru - in a sailor school uniform. Okay, maybe it'll be a nice elegant colour like, oh, lavender or a deep imperial blue. Except she's not drawing a bow now ... no, it's a cell phone she's pulling out of her pocket.

Oh wait. I just had a thought - or more like a follow-up to dreamless' post. I wasn't going to bother with a spoiler tag because, well, it's totally groundless ... but I suppose it's better to have it just in case.

Spoiler for Wild speculation:

[EDIT: Oops, silly me. Completely forgot about hunterx's question. What is so wrong about the idea of this possible new arc is that ... well, these characters are from ancient folklore. The setting is ancient Japan. The watercolour backgrounds, the art style, the music ...everything enhances the feel of this dignified legend of a story. - it is the feel of 'Otogizoushi'. The modern-day sort of new arc isn't bad in itself ... it is just too sudden and incongruous with what has come before.]

Tags
historical