AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-09, 20:14   Link #1
Fuun_Saki

I can't download ANY movies here

I can't download any movies, especially ragnarok online s!! HELP! I have right click and save target as,.... I have Click the movies, etc. BUT It can't be downloaded!! What should I DO?????? I have divX, realtme, WIndMediaPlayer, I have Installed BIT toren too!!!

Is my computer Error??
Btw, If i right click and save target as / click the movies the player that showed was real time player but it says like..."Real time player can't play or realTime doesn't has any program to run it! HELP me pleaseeeeeeeeee !!

reply me hury
Fuun_Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 02:15   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I would suggest you read the sticky in this forum first of all.
BitTorrent Step-By-Step

If you still have problems after that, then you need to describe the problem since I do not understand from your description what is wrong.

You need to tell us the name of the torrent you are trying to download (the full file name), the name (and URL) of the site you are trying to download from, the BitTorrent client you have downloaded. More details...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 04:01   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuun_Saki
I can't download any movies, especially ragnarok online s!! HELP! I have right click and save target as,.... I have Click the movies, etc. BUT It can't be downloaded!! What should I DO?????? I have divX, realtme, WIndMediaPlayer, I have Installed BIT toren too!!!
Argh, DivX.. But that's not important now.

Quote:
Is my computer Error??
Btw, If i right click and save target as / click the movies the player that showed was real time player but it says like..."Real time player can't play or realTime doesn't has any program to run it! HELP me pleaseeeeeeeeee !!
If I understood you correctly - which I honestly doubt - you say that whenever you open a torrent file you saved with "right click and save target as" and open them, a media player starts instead of a the BT client, am I right? If that's the case there are two possibilities:
1. The torrent you are trying to play does not have a *.torrent extension but a media player extension, i.e. *.avi.
Example: Ragnarok_Episode_X.avi.torrent looks like Ragnarok_Episode_X.avi.avi.
Porbability: Quite high since you were refering to movie files only
Solution: rename the file's extension to *.torrent from *.avi.

2. Your BT client is not configured properly, i.e. it won't open ANY *.torrent files because they are linked to your Real Media player or whatever.
Probability: Low - but I've seen things like that happening
Solution: Register the *.torrent files to your BT clients manually or alternatively reinstall your BT client.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 11:57   Link #4
Fuun_Saki

I still can't play it T_T
I have downloaded azureus, bit torent, and what should i do? It still won't show!!

I right click it and change the file name to *.torrent , but it still no work! I have just click the file too! BUt it automaticly play with real player and it won't work either, HELPPPP HOw can i watch it??

Btw, the azureus, i have installed it and in start menu, i click azureus, and won't show anything, help! and if i just right click the movie file here, it ONLY between 13Kb or 16Kb!! isn't it to small number? i thought it was 100MB or more!!
reply quick PLeaseEZZZZZ

Old 2004-07-10, 12:30   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Btw, the azureus, i have installed it and in start menu, i click azureus, and won't show anything, help! and if i just right click the movie file here, it ONLY between 13Kb or 16Kb!! isn't it to small number? i thought it was 100MB or more!!
reply quick PLeaseEZZZZZ

This tells me that renaming the torrent files was not done properly because these "movie" files are indeed *.torrent files.

Ok, here's the deal:

Uninstall all you BT clients, and reinstall BitTornado only. (Normally I'd say go for Azureus but BitTornado seems to be the most appropiate thing for you)
Now we made sure that the *.torrent files are registered to BitTornado and only BitTornado. Plus, uninstall Real Player if you do not need it to play rm files, it sucks - really.
Note: The stuff written in italics is a 1:1 translation so they might be off. If anyone with an English Windows stumbles across this post and can provide the real translations, please do so.
Next step: Open up a Windows Explorer window(Not Internet Explorer), and go to Extras-->Folder options
On the View Tab (click on View to get there), look under Advanced Settings. Search for something like Do not show file extension of known(registered) file types and check it. Click on Apply (the button on the bottom right) but do not close the window! Search the *.torrent files you want to rename and rename then now to Filename.torrent (open another instance of the Windows Explorer if necessary). Make sure that ".torrent" is the last part of the name.
If you are done with that, uncheck Do not show file extension of known(registered) file types and confirm with the OK button and execute the torrent file.
-or-

Open up BitTornado first and prompt it to the torrent file you want it to download.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-10, 13:12   Link #6
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
I still can't play it T_T
I have downloaded azureus, bit torent, and what should i do? It still won't show!!

I right click it and change the file name to *.torrent , but it still no work! I have just click the file too! BUt it automaticly play with real player and it won't work either, HELPPPP HOw can i watch it??

reply quick PLeaseEZZZZZ

Ok, just out of curiosity...when you installed Azureus did you also install Java?

Cause when you say that when you open up Azurues and nothing shows..that reminds me of the time i installed it and didn't install java....w/o it azureus won't work much less open...

but anyway, try out _Sin_'s advice hopefully it'll work for you...

Spoiler for my idea on the problem:

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 13:26   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Ok, just out of curiosity...when you installed Azureus did you also install Java?

Cause when you say that when you open up Azurues and nothing shows..that reminds me of the time i installed it and didn't install java....w/o it azureus won't work much less open...
Yup, I, too, thought that he did not install Java, but honestly, I don't think that he should use Azureus - yet.

Oh, and I told him to reinstall the BT clients so that the *.torrent files get re-registered to BitTornado without making it too complicated for him. But if that should not work, he can follow your detailed way.

Old 2004-07-10, 13:39   Link #8
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Yup, I, too, thought that he did not install Java, but honestly, I don't think that he should use Azureus - yet.

Oh, and I told him to reinstall the BT clients so that the *.torrent files get re-registered to BitTornado without making it too complicated for him. But if that should not work, he can follow your detailed way.
Yeah, but like some other programs that i know that shall remain nameless...real player likes to associate itself with practically everything and refuses to give up it's default position in the association...(probably what he's experiencing) and although there might be a way to unassociate the .torrent file from within real player itself...i don't feel like opening it up and and going through all of it's menu's/options/etc etc cause i really really don't like real player so the less i use/see it...the happier i am

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Old 2004-07-10, 14:59   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Yeah, but like some other programs that i know that shall remain nameless...real player likes to associate itself with practically everything and refuses to give up it's default position in the association...(probably what he's experiencing) and although there might be a way to unassociate the .torrent file from within real player itself...i don't feel like opening it up and and going through all of it's menu's/options/etc etc cause i really really don't like real player so the less i use/see it...the happier i am
You should just uninstall that player. I did so long ago and I'm not missing that "Let-me-connect-to-the-Internet-please-oh-you-won't-let-me-then-i'll-nag-you-shitty-program"

Old 2004-07-10, 15:37   Link #10
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Lol, i would uninstall it...but a good friend of mine has her own radio show while she's at college...and since i'm too far away from here to get it directly through my radio...using real one is the next best thing...so i ONLY use it to listen to her show (unless i find some other way to listen to it w/o having to install any other programs) and honestly...i don't have any problems with real one...when i first installed it i unassociated everything (except .rm files) and i went through as many menu's/options as i could and disabled as much as i could...so unless i actually run it manually i never have to see/hear from it...and the times i do...it doesn't bother me much since auto-update and everything is disabled

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Old 2004-07-11, 02:40   Link #11
kree

Quote:

Is my computer Error??

reply me hury
I'm not sure the Torrent Client is the problem. What I understand from reading the original post is,

1. Fuun saves the torrent on the computer.
2. Fuun tries to open the torrent with a media play and gets a "can't play" error of some sort.

Fuun have you tried double left clicking the torrents?
kree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 07:39   Link #12
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kree
I'm not sure the Torrent Client is the problem. What I understand from reading the original post is,

1. Fuun saves the torrent on the computer.
2. Fuun tries to open the torrent with a media play and gets a "can't play" error of some sort.

Fuun have you tried double left clicking the torrents?
He can try that...but in his 2nd post he said that he has azurues....(which i doubt he installed java to run azurues) so even if that was the problem it still wouldn't work...

well...between all of us here helping him....i hope we solve his problem sooner or later (hopefully sooner )

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Old 2004-07-11, 08:08   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
He can try that...but in his 2nd post he said that he has azurues....(which i doubt he installed java to run azurues) so even if that was the problem it still wouldn't work...

well...between all of us here helping him....i hope we solve his problem sooner or later (hopefully sooner )
Actually I hope we got a really challenging problem on our hands that will spawn pages and pages of posts until we figure out the problem. I like these kind of problems, yeah. ...what?

Seriously: This kind of problem is easy to solve normally.

Old 2004-07-11, 09:14   Link #14
Fuun_Saki

I'm trying......

wait a minute...
Old 2004-07-11, 09:16   Link #15
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

lol, i wouldn't mind having a problem that complicated...the only thing that i don't like about that...is that we might of already solved his problem early on but he/she just missed it...so we keep on going thinking it's something so complicated that we eventually try to get him to change registry keys and things like that...while it was something easy to solve and just overlooked

I just hope that we explain it clearly enough for the person to fully understand and not get confused and mess something up...cause people relatively new to computers/programs/etc/etc tend to not fully understand explanations cause of their lack of experience....

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Old 2004-07-11, 19:24   Link #16
Fuun_Saki

Exclamation

I know! maybe..
I have not download Java yet!!
where i can get one?? the java thing for azureus? and another one iz is that Free? or i should pay for Java?

thanX 4 helPing me! i'm a MALE, so don't ~..."he/she" again, OK?
Old 2004-07-11, 20:43   Link #17
Shadowlord
~DESU

java can be downloaded here

http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp

just click the link on the right sideof the page that says "get it now"
Old 2004-07-12, 03:45   Link #18
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

If you are done downloading Java, read this.

Old 2004-07-12, 10:37   Link #19
Fuun_Saki

Talking

Ok, i have download it, and i'm downloading the animes now,.. but...
why the downloading process is SLOW??
I have download 1/2 hour before I post ths message, but it haven't completed YET!!! whew, i download the ragnarok animation 1-5 <shinsen & ragnamart> but it too SLOW! phew why??

Is there any way to faster it? weLL reply me in easy way, in your guide to azureus I can't understand your guide, to faster azureus...

thanX
Old 2004-07-12, 11:15   Link #20
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Ok, i have download it, and i'm downloading the animes now,.. but...
why the downloading process is SLOW??
I have download 1/2 hour before I post ths message, but it haven't completed YET!!! whew, i download the ragnarok animation 1-5 <shinsen & ragnamart> but it too SLOW! phew why??

Is there any way to faster it? weLL reply me in easy way, in your guide to azureus I can't understand your guide, to faster azureus...

thanX
Hmm, I need more information then:

1. Your internet speed. If you don't know it, go here and take a speed test.
2. The color of the "smileys" in Azureus
3. Programs running in the background

That being said, I'll present you some generic answers to "why is my download so slow":
1. Your internet connection isn't as fast as you've thought and is achieved pretty fast. Solution: Get a "ph4t" pipe or learn to live with it.
2. The swarm of the torrent does not upload as fast as you could download. Remember: You can only download as fast as others are willing/capable of uploading. Solution: There is none
3. The smiley is yellow which means you are behind a router which in turn let's you connect to less people. Solution: Forward your ports or enable UPnP in the router configuration window.