AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-11, 15:59   Link #61
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
i disagree. There are actually certain identifiable things that women look for in men. For example: Money/Power, Attractiveness.. i don't think anyone can deny these two qualities that women actively seek in men.
Hm, I won't argue with you about your statement. But I like to know the knowledge source on which you base your generalization.
Jinto is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 16:16   Link #62
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
Hm, I won't argue with you about your statement. But I like to know the knowledge source on which you base your generalization.
I vaguely remember a show on The Learning Channel about something that deals with what attracts people to other people for dating and/or other stuff. Pheramones (sp) and looks rated pretty well up there. I also think that someone else stated it also about the attractiveness thing. A section of our brain just more or less gets excited/active when there's something that grabs someone's attention.
Spiggy is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 16:27   Link #63
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!!! IT'S TRUE.
I have a group of friends.

There are two members of that group who are, for lack of a better description, assholes.

They are the only two in the group with girlfriends.

The way I see it, girls seek confidence in guys, but far too few can discern the difference between confidence and arrogance. And often times that arrogance ends up coming with or leading to mysogony and chauvanism.

Personally, I find it disheatening that so many women should seek out wealth. No matter how wealthy, I'd probably still wear the same clothes, sport the same long shaggy hair and drive the same ragged old Toyota van (though it probably would be considerably less ragged, but the fact still remains that I wouldn't trade in my Toyota for a Lexus or a BMW or anything fancy like that)... if a girl is gonna love me, I want it to be for me as a person, not me as a monetary figure and/or potential. Security for ME is knowing that I'd have someone who'd stick by me whether I was pulling in $100,000 a month or so poor that I have to live in a shack deep in a forest. (The latter I don't really even see as being all that bad), someone who loves me because of reasons deeper than the number of digits on my bank statements. And if that's a selfish thing to ask for I'm not the least bit sorry.
ZhanDVG is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 16:30   Link #64
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I vaguely remember a show on The Learning Channel about something that deals with what attracts people to other people for dating and/or other stuff. Pheramones (sp) and looks rated pretty well up there. I also think that someone else stated it also about the attractiveness thing. A section of our brain just more or less gets excited/active when there's something that grabs someone's attention.
I agree with you so far, but I suggest every women rates/weights the certain attracting elements different. It must be that way, because I know many women that won't fit in that money/power scheme. And good looking/attractiveness is a very vague description, it depends much on the person how such things are defined (like art, not every person likes the same art).

@ZhanDVG,

totally agree with you.
Jinto is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 16:38   Link #65
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Something I heard somewhere about girls and guy a*sholes -

The girl wants a project. A fixer-upper. All that talk about girls trying to change guys fits in this category.

To guys that don't understand, it's not dissimilar to buying an old clunker of a car and restoring it. It's the challenge, the project that is more appealing than the guy.
raikage is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 16:49   Link #66
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Something I heard somewhere about girls and guy a*sholes -

The girl wants a project. A fixer-upper. All that talk about girls trying to change guys fits in this category.

To guys that don't understand, it's not dissimilar to buying an old clunker of a car and restoring it. It's the challenge, the project that is more appealing than the guy.
Harsh, blunt, to the point. I do agree with this for most women but I also agree with Jinto about levels. I have wondered what it would be like to act the way I do around "the guys" around a girl I actually like. I don't think too many take extreme levels of sarcasm very well

Hmm...what happened to the female side of this? I know that some guy will just say that women don't know what they want I agree but I would still like to get their opinions. Something hard like a shot of tequila or Barcardi, nothing sugar coated, something you would tell your girls because they don't care because they know what you're talking about. Idk...
Spiggy is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 17:15   Link #67
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Harsh, blunt, to the point. I do agree with this for most women but I also agree with Jinto about levels. I have wondered what it would be like to act the way I do around "the guys" around a girl I actually like. I don't think too many take extreme levels of sarcasm very well

Hmm...what happened to the female side of this? I know that some guy will just say that women don't know what they want I agree but I would still like to get their opinions. Something hard like a shot of tequila or Barcardi, nothing sugar coated, something you would tell your girls because they don't care because they know what you're talking about. Idk...
It's not that we don't know what we want. We know what we want. But our priority changes depend on our mood and condition. I think guys that can read their women mood will make bettter lover.
Secca is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 17:47   Link #68
msgpoisoning
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Here's an article I thought was interesting related to this subject taken from www.intellectualwhores.com

What Women Really Want:




So the breakdown looks like:

Money and Power: 50%

Attraction: 40%

Things Women Say They Care About But Do Not: 10%
(this includes intelligence, sense of humor, honesty, sensitivity etc. )


As to the first point, that of money. Well most guys know that women dig guys with money. Would Donald Trump be fucking models if he wasn't rich? That question is rhetorical. Now I don't even believe this is wrong, I think it is just nature. But I also think women who are this way (and it is almost all of you) should be honest and admit that they are basically whores, and stop saying bad things about the so-called "actual whores" who are just trying to earn an honest living.

Most women read this and say something like, "Well I'm not the average woman because..blah...blah...not true...blah blah...my boyfriend/lover/husband/masseuse was poor...blah...blah."

If you thought something like this you are very likely the average woman. If you read it and went "Hmmm..." and then you went back to doing physics, then you have a case.

Looks are not to be discounted. I see many girls revert to about a seventh grade emotional level when they see some guy at the club, or some guy from a crappy movie. I think everyone has seen this phenomena, and it seems to have become an alarming trend in women of increasing age.

The attraction category is broken down further in the next section. This is a change from previous versions of the ladder theory that included looks here instead of attraction. I feel this is a more accurate depiction, as evidenced by experiment and peer review.

The last 10% was my effort to give women the benefit of the doubt. A common question men ask of women is "Tell me what you want in a man?", which is like asking how many guys she's slept with, an invitation to be lied to. Because she'll almost invariably answer with some combination of

sense of humor
intelligence
sensitivity
emotional stability
As far as I can tell this is mostly rubbish. But in an effort to be fair I have included this, since there seem to be a few rare cases of this. Just none that I have ever seen.

Another thing to watch out for is the code words women use. Here is a translation guide for dealing with women.

Says: I want a man who is motivated and has goals.
Means: I want a rich man

Says: I want a man who knows how to treat a woman.
Means: I want a rich man

Says: He's from a really good family.
Means: He's from a really rich family.



Deconstructing the Woman's Pie Chart

It was previously thought that the pie chart was fundamental. New advances in Ladder Theory have brought us to a more complete understanding. We have made new advances in the inner structure of the woman's rating system and now present it here.

First let's look at the rating system in Classical Ladder Theory



Now this is a fairly accurate description, and is essentially accurate. It misses a number of fine points. By defining the 40% block as "looks" the theory had originally assumed that looks were influenced by factor's other than just phyical attraction. For example, a guy who is a complete asshole to a woman seems to somehow look better to them. It soon became apparent from peer review that the term looks was inappropriate and has been replaced by the more accurate "attraction". The new chart then looks like this.



Previously it had been assumed that looks was fundamental. That is, that it could not be broken down any further, and that a score was assigned based on whatever biological principles made women attracted to men. Through extensive research we have been able to discern the inner structure of attraction. A chart will illustrate a very close approximation of the inner structure of attraction for the female. Commentary to follow.



Physical Attraction/Looks - This is still a big factor in attraction. This is self-explanatory.

Competition - I almost titled this section disinterest. The two are closely related. We can only pursue what runs away from us. A man who is devoted to something else besides the woman is autmatically more attractive. Any intellectual whore who has ever listened to a girl complain about how her boyfriend-ran-off-with-a-slut or how her boyfriend-is-really-not-dumb-he's-just-streetsmart-and-he- has-to-sell-weed-to-support-his-baby's-mama or he's-really-nice-even-though-he-ignores-me-and-hits-me-sometimes-but-you-don't- know-what-he's-like-when-we're-alone or he's-not-emotionally-available-that's-why-I-like-talk-to-you-until-it's-time-to-go-fuck-him while he himself is sitting right there and would like nothing better than to be with her but of course is sitting solidly on the friends ladder knows this intuitively. Ultimately, almost all guys learn this truth for themselves: The best way to never score with a woman is to show too much interest in her.

Women seem to especially like it if you are more devoted to your bad music, biker gang, forearm tattoo or marijuana. These all seem to work wonders. There are some interests you can show in a woman that will help you to fuck her: a healthy interest in destroying her self-esteem and in fucking her friends more than her seem to work wonders. Note that the following topics of disinterest have been field tested and shown conclusively not to work: Unix, literature, poetry, international politics, and sodomy.

Novelty - Let's face it, if you're like every other guy who works a normal job and tries to live a good life, you're probably like just about every other guy. Chicks don't dig this, and why would they? Who wants someone who is just like everyone else? Something different is more attractive. Like someone who does not have to work during the day like most people because they have lots of money from business or selling drugs. Or like someone who has stabbed a man and went to prison for it. Different and a veritable ticket to getting laid.



Deconstructing money/power

"Power is a great aphrodesiac" - Notorious Asshole and War Criminal Henry Kissinger
"A woman's test is material. A man's test is a woman...if a man could fuck in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house." - Rabbi Dave Chappelle
It was previously assumed that money was a fundamental unit of attraction to a woman. Further investigation has revealed a better understanding of this very important piece of the woman's rating system. The piece which was formerly labelled money has been replaced by a money/power paradigm. The two are almost always intertwined in a way that makes them hard to distinguish, so I don't think it productive to make a chart of how they breakdown exactly. One almost always follows the other in any case.

What is important to know about the money/power piece is that previously it was thought of as static. Now we know that the money/power piece of attraction displays time-variance. That is, the amount of money needed to get maximal "points" in the money category varies according to the age of the woman. When a woman is younger her perspective is different as to what makes a lot of money. As she gets older the amount of money neccessary for full points increases.

For a girl of 16 full points for money might be obtained by having access to a car and beer money. When she is in her early college years, a nicer car and enough money to join a fraternity is probably sufficient. As she advances into her twenties what we consider to be the normal money chart will begin to manifest itself -- that is, she'll want the richest man she can get.

At no point that we can discern does money ever not become a factor. Take any guy. Take a woman that has that guy. In no circumstance that is known would she not rather have a guy just like that, but with more money. Actually, maybe in one circumstance -- when the guy has enough money to buy her basically everything she wants. This is self-evident, I should think.

Dreams of a Final Theory
I think is very very close to a final analysis of how a woman's rating system works. If you are very attractive, rich, and novel and show no interest in her she is almost guaranteed to want to fuck you. Indeed, isn't this the very definition of Alpha Male? In this way we have derived from our theoretical framework an idea that agrees with observation and experiment to many degrees of accuracy. It also provides a frameowrk for the Logic. Strive to be attractive, novel and aloof and you will go far.


Again let me reiterate that this article is courtesy of www.intellectualwhores.com

What do you guys think of this article? Women, do you agree/disagree with this article? Tell us!
msgpoisoning is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:31   Link #69
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 30
I dunno, I read some more of the content on the site, and most of what he says just seems to be based on broad stereotypes.. which is usually either employed by the underinformed or comedians... either of which doesn't make for good source on the definitive answer on how women act and why.
ZhanDVG is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:34   Link #70
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Bah! this Thread is getting tiredsome.

http://askmen.com/dating/heidi_100/114_dating_girl.html

Just read it.
aahhsin is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:34   Link #71
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
Here's an article I thought was interesting related to this subject taken from www.intellectualwhores.com

What Women Really Want:
Spoiler:

Again let me reiterate that this article is courtesy of www.intellectualwhores.com

What do you guys think of this article? Women, do you agree/disagree with this article? Tell us!
Holy shit!!! LOL. I do have one small thing to ask, did you get dumped or turned down? I'm not expecting an answer but damn...you can almost single-handedly start a gender war.

Secca - yeah, that works both ways but I find male's simpler to understand when it comes to emotions. If we're happy, sad, pissed, depressed, it shows and we'll most likely tell you the reason why when asked. Women...are kind of like double-edged swords IMO of course. Men can for the most part read emotions I sure as hell hope most can, but we can't read minds especially when a woman is pissed.
Spiggy is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:35   Link #72
msgpoisoning
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhanDVG
I dunno, I read some more of the content on the site, and most of what he says just seems to be based on broad stereotypes.. which is usually either employed by the underinformed or comedians... either of which doesn't make for good source on the definitive answer on how women act and why.

well i don't think just because you think a source in bad you should automatically label all their material as false. i read this article through, and found many things to be true.
msgpoisoning is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:38   Link #73
msgpoisoning
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Holy shit!!! LOL. I do have one small thing to ask, did you get dumped or turned down?
pointless question... but yes i've been rejected a lot of times by women. However, you don't learn if you don't try, and currently i am seeing this girl in a college close to mine. But how would you know? i could also say that I am also George Bush and i am in a bikini drinking Dom Perignon while juggling 3 chainsaws...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I'm not expecting an answer but damn...you can almost single-handedly start a gender war.
in YOUR opinion that is. I'm asking the women and men here what they think of the article. So i can gauge the credibility of the article on my own. I'm not asking anyone to take it as fact or proclaiming this to be the ultimate truth.
msgpoisoning is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 18:44   Link #74
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
pointless question... but yes i've been rejected a lot of times by women. However, you don't learn if you don't try, and currently i am seeing this girl in a college close to mine. But how would you know? i could also say that I am also George Bush and i am in a bikini drinking Dom Perignon while juggling 3 chainsaws...



in YOUR opinion that is. I'm asking the women and men here what they think of the article. So i can gauge the credibility of the article on my own. I'm not asking anyone to take it as fact or proclaiming this to be the ultimate truth.
I just realized something Msgpoisoning, did you just create this thread in an attempt just to argue about men and women? It sure looks like it. Gender roles is a great way to start a fight with someone.
aahhsin is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 19:01   Link #75
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
pointless question... but yes i've been rejected a lot of times by women. However, you don't learn if you don't try, and currently i am seeing this girl in a college close to mine. But how would you know? i could also say that I am also George Bush and i am in a bikini drinking Dom Perignon while juggling 3 chainsaws....
It's not entirely pointless. A thread starts for a reason and the reason lies within the person who starts it. Some start just to see how big of a mess they can create, to display their art skills, while others start due to some personal experience. I felt that this was one of those threads considering that 2 of your posts have been killed and your attitude is well this :fingers:.

And yes, since this is the internet and unless someone knows you personally we have to take what you post as truth until proven otherwise. So you say that you're seeing a girl...cool if you want to find out what she thinks...ask her! Am I wrong in stating that?
Spiggy is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 19:25   Link #76
Fool On The Hill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
There is? In that case, I'm eager to know more of breeding too. Is it better than sex?
Yeah, if you want kids...
Fool On The Hill is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 20:17   Link #77
jennwenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: good 'ole US of A
I think people are overestimating the money factor. I, for example, am not looking for a guy with a trust fund or Daddy's millions. I simply want a guy who is capable of holding down a decent job. If I can do that, I expect my man to be able to do that too. I respect a guy who works hard more so than just some rich guy.

And let's not pretend that women are superficial and men aren't, which a lot of posters here are implying.

Please no one take this thread seriously. Its full of misinformation, male speculation, sarcasm, and flames that I find offensive but not worth my time responding too. There are like 4 women responding and few intelligent posts.

If people don't quit some of their immature whining and pointless speculation, I think this thread should be closed.
jennwenn is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 20:28   Link #78
Jonte
. . . . .
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: sweden
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to Jonte Send a message via MSN to Jonte
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I prefer guys who are drawn and/or animated, but..

Sense of humour, and not hiding the fact that you're a pervert.
We all know you are, so just stop trying to act like you aren't staring at our boobs.
Honestly, don't take us for fools. We know what you're thinking. Really.

Looks are a bonus, but not everything. Oh, and be nice. If there's one thing that I love, it's seeing a guy be nice to his little sister.
It shows that he might be a good father one day. I'm probably never going to get married though. Screw that.

I hate n00bs. Period. I like a few people on this board, I guess..
act like you are here in real life, and you'll get some girls. XD
I dunno, thats just really well writeln.. and yeah, somehow animated people seem alot nicer than real people :S I guess that total honesty is the key. when Im ever on the way to a relationship, it always fails when I start trying to "fit in" as her boyfriend. and that really sucks, since I would really like to have someone :P

...

And for the rest. I read through this thread. feelt like writing something. I had to register. took a while so now Ive forgotten half of what I read. might have something to do with that its 4.10 AM here. its been an interesting read though. there are alot of interesting people in this forum. being bundled with the regular forum morrons ofcourse :P

Might write something more "on topic" later if I read through the thread again.
Jonte is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 20:38   Link #79
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
And let's not pretend that women are superficial and men aren't, which a lot of posters here are implying.
I agree. If anything I think men are more superficial than women, but lets not get that started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Please no one take this thread seriously. Its full of misinformation, male speculation, sarcasm, and flames that I find offensive but not worth my time responding too. There are like 4 women responding and few intelligent posts.
Absolutely true. It seems people want to start a flame war more than they want to discuss what women really want in men. And using sources of information that come from places like "intellectualwhores.com" are obviously unreliable and full of bias. (By the way, maybe you shouldn't be hot-linking those pie chart images from their own server, bandwidth thief).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
If people don't quit some of their immature whining and pointless speculation, I think this thread should be closed.
I concur. This 'serious discussion' is going nowhere very fast.
Roots is offline  
Old 2004-07-11, 20:45   Link #80
msgpoisoning
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I just realized something Msgpoisoning, did you just create this thread in an attempt just to argue about men and women? It sure looks like it. Gender roles is a great way to start a fight with someone.
why does everything have to be a fight with you? Ever heard of an adult conversation/discussion?
msgpoisoning is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.