AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-24, 23:44   Link #141
GinFanGurl
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: kuwait
hm...

my fav will allways be robin and zoro, i dont mind robin and franky nor zoro and kuina, but not a fan of Zoro and Tashigi

i like nami and sanji together

as for luffy....he has bao

kaya and usopp is pretty awsome

as for yaoi, sanji and zoro :P i have nothing for yuri, even tho i'm a hardcore fan of it

i still dont agree with romance in OP, but i can allways dream
__________________
I am strong, because I am weak.
I am beautiful, because I know my flaws.
I am a lover, because I am a fighter.
I am fearless, because I have been afraid.
I am wise, because I have been foolish.
And I can laugh, because I've known sadness....
GinFanGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 16:12   Link #142
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinFanGurl View Post
hm...

my fav will allways be robin and zoro, i dont mind robin and franky nor zoro and kuina, but not a fan of Zoro and Tashigi

i like nami and sanji together

as for luffy....he has bao

kaya and usopp is pretty awsome

as for yaoi, sanji and zoro :P i have nothing for yuri, even tho i'm a hardcore fan of it

i still dont agree with romance in OP, but i can allways dream
You're young (especially considering that you're a new forum member) and I can't blame you for it, but your way of thinking would not stand a chance of coming true (not if Oda has anything to say about it anyway; besides, I dream of being Oda's apprentice when I meet him).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 02:07   Link #143
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Has everyone remembered that after this time skip, Luffy will be 19 and Boa Hancock will be 31?
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 04:31   Link #144
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Luffy is no longer jailbait ?


what is the legal age in OP-verse I wonder
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 08:50   Link #145
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Luffy is no longer jailbait ?


what is the legal age in OP-verse I wonder
Luffy's obliviousness to love/women or anything related to it makes him jailbait either way, he's innocent in that way.

And I'd guess it's around 18 like anything else, but who knows.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 09:20   Link #146
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Hmm, so Boa'll be too young to be a MILF but too to be a suitable age-
*looks at Boa images*
Age isn't important
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:01   Link #147
NaruHay4evur
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States of America
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............Hancock is a *
NaruHay4evur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 01:10   Link #148
Fuujin
Raijin's Husband
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Hmm, so Boa'll be too young to be a MILF but too to be a suitable age-
*looks at Boa images*
Age isn't important
This.
Well, in my case, even though I like Hancock and her interactions with Luffy, I'd have to say that if there's ever an epilogue showing Luffy's kid (as the "Will of D" MUST be passed on to the next generation), the mother can't be anyone but Nami.

I know I my sound like a fanboy, but for some reason, I think Luffy and Nami have a very special "connection"...not to mention Nami is probably the only woman who can take being Luffy's wife....and viceversa...(ESPECIALLY viceversa)
Fuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:16   Link #149
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuujin View Post
This.
Well, in my case, even though I like Hancock and her interactions with Luffy, I'd have to say that if there's ever an epilogue showing Luffy's kid (as the "Will of D" MUST be passed on to the next generation), the mother can't be anyone but Nami.

I know I my sound like a fanboy, but for some reason, I think Luffy and Nami have a very special "connection"...not to mention Nami is probably the only woman who can take being Luffy's wife....and viceversa...(ESPECIALLY viceversa)
The question is if Luffy is brave enough to marry Nami, he even commended Absalom by saying "He must be brave to want to marry Nami" or something. I think their relationship would be interesting to say the least.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 16:12   Link #150
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
As much as I love my Luffy X Hancock ship, if I was to be honest I don't think they would make a good couple on 1 simple fact, they are both hammers in water
Altho I find their interaction higly amusing and the fact Hancock is smoking hawt, I would honestly say a Luffy X Nami outcome would be likely...if it were ever to happen

TBH I'm moar interested in a Zoro X Robin pairing than anything else atm, ever since I saw the few fanart stuff about that ship I jumped on board, theres something very appealing and interesting about it
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:13   Link #151
Fuujin
Raijin's Husband
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
As much as I love my Luffy X Hancock ship, if I was to be honest I don't think they would make a good couple on 1 simple fact, they are both hammers in water
Altho I find their interaction higly amusing and the fact Hancock is smoking hawt, I would honestly say a Luffy X Nami outcome would be likely...if it were ever to happen
My thoughts exactly. As much as I love LuffyXHancock, if I had to be totally honest, then I think the most likely "ending" pairing would have to be LuffyXNami.
Fuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:22   Link #152
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
I don't expect any specific romantic outcome for the series, especially between the main characters. Honestly, I've always seen the Strawhats as being a family unit of sort (not necessarily assigned to any specific stereotypical familial role), so I find it odd to place nay of the crew with each other. Rather, I see them accomplishing their dreams, and then separating as they grow-up. Nami will find a place to relax where she can publish her findings; Franky needs a good workshop somewhere; Usopp will settle down quite nicely; Zoro will go out on his own to wander the seas ala Kung Fu; Sanji will open his own restaurant; Chopper will settle down somewhere so he can help everyone; Brooke will ride inside his whale friend into the sunset; and Luffy will go off and find new adventures and possibly new crews with maybe a bit of romance on the side somewhere (though unlikely).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:28   Link #153
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I don't know about that. Roger's crew broke up because he was dying. I don't think Luffy's crew would break under anything less at this point. I could just as easily see the crew becoming like Shanks and his crew, sailing around and just having a good old time.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:37   Link #154
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^We know that the Strawhats all sail for specific reasons (I have no idea why the Red Hair Pirates sail the Grand Line other than serving under Shanks). So, it stands to reason that their dreams will one day influence their behaviour. For example, what's the point of Sanji finding All Blue if he has to follow Luffy for the rest of this life? No, at some point in the future, after they have accomplished their dreams, or at least helped Luffy accomplish his dream, I can see them splitting up to finish their own dreams. That's not to say that they will not stay in touch, because they will always be nakama, but their own dreams can easily lead them apart if they so desire.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 09:55   Link #155
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^We know that the Strawhats all sail for specific reasons (I have no idea why the Red Hair Pirates sail the Grand Line other than serving under Shanks). So, it stands to reason that their dreams will one day influence their behaviour. For example, what's the point of Sanji finding All Blue if he has to follow Luffy for the rest of this life? No, at some point in the future, after they have accomplished their dreams, or at least helped Luffy accomplish his dream, I can see them splitting up to finish their own dreams. That's not to say that they will not stay in touch, because they will always be nakama, but their own dreams can easily lead them apart if they so desire.
While they could be split up, I think they can just as easily stay together. I mean by the end of this they are going to be ridiculously famous pirates which would make settling down kind of tricky though possible if they did it right. Their goals are going to be accomplished while on the ship and then who knows what they will want to do. Sanji wanted to find All Blue, but he never said he wanted to just stay there forever. They can always sail back there every now and then. The whole group may not stay together, but some shouldn't have a problem continuing to sail together. Can't exactly leave the Pirate King by himself, he'd never make it .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:44   Link #156
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Seems more feasible that the (majority of the) strawhats will stay together then they'll split up. There's the ones who seem just a dead given to stay which are Robin, Nami, Chopper and Zoro. Robin has no place to return to, Nami and Chopper's dream is as good as impossible to achieve and they'll be forced to sail every ocean / island. Also, I'd expect Chopper will be needed to stay bye Luffy's side so that he won't share Roger's fate while Nami will stick bye Luffy so that he will always be able to go on his adventures. Zoro just seems someone who'd stick bye him cause he's as adventurous as Luffy and if he sticks bye him he'll never run short of interesting matches.

Then there's Franky and Sanji, Sanji could some day feel obligated to take over Barratier to carry on Zeff's dream. But then again that love stricken fool could as easily stick around Nami and Robin so that he can cater to their wishes till the end of time. Franky seems more likely to stay put to fix up the ship to see it conquer every ocean to surpass Tom. The pirate / carpenter blood is to rich in him. Makes you wonder, will the Thousand Sunny ever be needed to replace? Being made bye Adam wood and bye Tom's carpenters always made me think it's as good as indestructible.

The two that I do think will leave eventually are Brooke and Usopp. Brooke to live the rest of his peaceful days bye Crocus and Laboon's side and Usopp bye Kana's side.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 22:40   Link #157
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post

Then there's Franky and Sanji, Sanji could some day feel obligated to take over Barratier to carry on Zeff's dream. But then again that love stricken fool could as easily stick around Nami and Robin so that he can cater to their wishes till the end of time.
You don't think Sanji will use what he learned on New Kama island to live on Kuja island?
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 11:59   Link #158
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
You don't think Sanji will use what he learned on New Kama island to live on Kuja island?
^Cosign. Sanji's way too much of a per-*cough* opportunist to let that pass.
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:42   Link #159
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
. I mean by the end of this they are going to be ridiculously famous pirates which would make
I don't believe that, by the end of the manga, the world will still be governed by the current World Government.

I believe that the Strawhats will do a lot more than just achieving their dreams; they aer probably going to change the world as we know it.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 18:27   Link #160
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I think we can pretty much conclude that Luffy won't become the king of all pirates. He's gonna grow up and he's going to fight for something more idealistic.

Roger discovered the One Piece and became Pirate King but in the end he didn't want either. In the end he just wanted his kid to live and to keep the One Piece safe from evil or something.

So yeah, in the end the pirate era will probably end. And Luffy will probably help overthrow the WG. It could be that in the end Luffy will just join the new governments Navy or government in some way for a Star Wars ending.

Han Solo was a pirate smuggler but in the end he became a leader in the rebellion ...

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-09-21 at 02:34.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.