AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-05, 17:15   Link #101
Rhia
shush! I was only helping
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under ur skin
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
I'am nevere falle in love yet. Neeveer had a date also. I mightbe 16, but I dont fall in love at girls. Not that I like some girls verry good looking. that isn't it.
love is a great feeling. but damn it has its lows..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:23   Link #102
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Being in love is awsome.....but expensive on the pocket book haha

It's a good thing where after a few relationships, cars > girls hahaha
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:36   Link #103
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Located Mr. Quareteth, moving in.
Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
This may be a very personal question but thought hey lets all share experiences..
So have you ever been in LOVE???
What was the out come? and would you ever what to be in love again?

Me:I think so....
The outcome was bad, he was too old for me my mum hated him and i doubt he really loved me back any way and people always said "its puppy love" (puppy love my A**) :-(
If being in love feels like how i felt i dont ever want to love again,
I wish sometimes i had a restart button where i could just wish we'd never met to spare my self the heart ache...

How did you feel?
"love" is nothing more than a modern term for an excuse to do or have some kind of relationship other than just reproducing. In nature there is no "love" so to believe that there is something called "love" within humans is naive and ignorant. Besides most of what people would classify as "love" is merely lust. Lust-Love same thing. Do you truly "love" anyone? Or do you just feel a you would like to be friends or are friends with them, because all "love" is is lust which comes with an obligitory "friendship". Have I been in "love" no but i have had the urge of lust, yes as with all humans it is a primal instinct to spread ones seed. But there is no "love" call sex whatever you like "love" just doesnt exist.
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 20:17   Link #104
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WA State
Age: 42
Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harogenki
"love" is nothing more than a modern term for an excuse to do or have some kind of relationship other than just reproducing. In nature there is no "love" so to believe that there is something called "love" within humans is naive and ignorant. Besides most of what people would classify as "love" is merely lust. Lust-Love same thing. Do you truly "love" anyone? Or do you just feel a you would like to be friends or are friends with them, because all "love" is is lust which comes with an obligitory "friendship". Have I been in "love" no but i have had the urge of lust, yes as with all humans it is a primal instinct to spread ones seed. But there is no "love" call sex whatever you like "love" just doesnt exist.
If love doesn't exist in Nature then you tell me why do Wolves and other animals Mate with one another for life?
There is a difference between Love and Lust. Lust is nothing more than Sexual attraction

Love is/should be caring more about someone else more than yourself. Now don't all take that to an extreme but what I mean is "I would (this is me personally) give my life for one of my children or my husband and I would take every ounce of pain if I possibly could." Love is something that can tear your heart out and at the same time fill it to an almost bursting state.

I guess what I truly mean is LOVE is something you can't just explain or define you must just experience it. Trust me you will know when it happens! Probably each person here experience's it a little differently but they experience it just the same.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 22:45   Link #105
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Located Mr. Quareteth, moving in.
Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
If love doesn't exist in Nature then you tell me why do Wolves and other animals Mate with one another for life?
There is a difference between Love and Lust. Lust is nothing more than Sexual attraction

Love is/should be caring more about someone else more than yourself. Now don't all take that to an extreme but what I mean is "I would (this is me personally) give my life for one of my children or my husband and I would take every ounce of pain if I possibly could." Love is something that can tear your heart out and at the same time fill it to an almost bursting state.

I guess what I truly mean is LOVE is something you can't just explain or define you must just experience it. Trust me you will know when it happens! Probably each person here experience's it a little differently but they experience it just the same.
Hm nope love doesnt exist. A wolf having sex with a female wolf in the wild isnt love my friend that is the need to spread their seed so the species can continue to exist. Plus defending something you have lust for is not love either, that is making sure your species continues to exist by protecting young and others of that species. No love.
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 23:34   Link #106
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WA State
Age: 42
Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harogenki
Hm nope love doesnt exist. A wolf having sex with a female wolf in the wild isnt love my friend that is the need to spread their seed so the species can continue to exist. Plus defending something you have lust for is not love either, that is making sure your species continues to exist by protecting young and others of that species. No love.

If it isn't love, then why doesn't the wolf go mate with other wolves? Why would a wolf find one opposite sex wolf and stick with him/her for life? If it was just to spread their seed so the species will continue they would have sex with any and all wolves they came across. NOT TRUE!

Protecting the young has nothing to do with making sure your species continue. Look at all the people/animals that do away with their own offspring? How can you say they are protecting their young only to keep their species going? There again NOT TRUE.........................

Don't take any offense to any of this, I am just arguing for the sake of arguing, I do believe in love don't get me wrong, but this is all just in good fun. I like your arguments and therefore am trying unsucessfully to refute them.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 01:10   Link #107
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 33
Since the defense of love seems a worthy cause, I might as well jump in also, just for fun!

Personally, I think both of you are right in a way, because love isn't an emotion, it's a choice. Love is a choice to sacrifice your pride and selfishness purely for someone else's good, with no expectation of return. That's what love is and, personally, I believe that it is something that only humans are capable of.

Most of what we call love these days truly is lust - it's about romantic feelings, sexual desires, and the give-and-take of a human relationship. Being "in love", "making love"... none of that is truly love at all. That kind of "love" is fickle, changes with your feelings, and never truly lasts. Real love is freely doing something for someone else, even though you hate doing it. Real love is protecting someone, even though it puts you at risk. Real love is choosing to be with someone, even though you have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Real love is being willing to die for someone, and then actually following through when the the time comes. Some say that kind of love is simply foolishness - a rash throwing away of good judgement. But, it's that kind of love - actions that seem so illogical on the surface - that has inspired writers and poets for millenia and that has changed the course of history itself.

So, to go back to the topic at hand... have I ever "been in love"... no, I don't think so. But one of my goals in life is to become the type of person who is worthy of being loved, and able to love others with the kind of true self-sacrificing love that will inspire others to do the same. That probably sounds obsurdly sappy and lofty, especially coming from a guy, but I really think that if everyone would aim for that ideal, we'd live in a much better world.

And now, back to your regulary scheduled thread!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 02:56   Link #108
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Age: 41
I agree.

I've been through three stages in my belief in love. When I was young I believed in the rather superstitious idea that I will find my one and only soulmate promised by God, and destined to meet me and fall in love instantly, etc. Then I got all scientific about life and love and religion... brain chemistry and such, down to chaos theory, quantum physics, behavior structures, divorce statistics, etc. All of the stuff Zapaan writes of up there. I thought if I understood the mechanics of my own feelings and behaviors then I could ignore them more easily.

That worked, and kept me from making some really bad marital decisions at a (relatively) early age.

However, I know now that truly being in love isn't just to satisfy the programming installed in my brain. True love is also where you actually test, change, and strengthen your priceless true self, rational and emotional. And at the end, the more love you feel and demonstrate to those around you the more satisfied you will be when it's time to die. I don't think you can live a full life without having found the emotional peak of a true adult not-infatuation-eyes-wide-open love.

The alternative is a downer. How does that profit a person?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 17:46   Link #109
full_metal_31
*anime lova*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: L.A, California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Being in love is awsome.....but expensive on the pocket book haha
i do agree that's why my bf is goin to get broke hahahahahaha but his family rich so doubt that will happin soon..:'( o well he promised me a shopin spree wit me and my friends so that be a good thing!!
and soon for my next b-day gonna ask him to buy me a car hahahaha!!
Yup it's great to be in love!!!...wit a rich guy lol...j/k..love isn't about money...
full_metal_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 19:22   Link #110
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Harogenki: thats what loners always say, pathetic if you ask me.

I think that is how LoveofAnime said, you have to experience it, and yes, its painful but uplifiting.

Ive been in love a few times, each more painful than the one before, and Im not going to discuss it
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:33   Link #111
BriteDarkness
The Me-est Person
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to BriteDarkness Send a message via MSN to BriteDarkness Send a message via Yahoo to BriteDarkness
I don't feel like reading this thread too much. I think my time is better spent talking to the woman I love with my heart and soul. I would just like to say that I have been in love and I am currently in love. It hit me quickly. I talked to a girl for a couple of nights and before we knew it, we had fallen for each other hard. We will have been together for 3 months on Monday, but last Friday I asked her to marry me. She and I both know that we won't be able to get married for a few years and I didn't give her a ring yet, so it's sorta kinda unofficial. We don't care though. We want to be together for the rest of our lives and she is the world to me and vice versa.
BriteDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:03   Link #112
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Well, relentessflame has said it all, Good speech.

A love that expects nothing in return. That kind of love is what made me and my gf together in this past 6 years. I dont really agree with the scientific thinking of love that you people wrote though, which are "calculated and thinked before, if I do this I'll receive that, my genitals told me to fuck her, hormons and stuff blah blah blah".

You had to have commitment for love that's for sure, because my gf and me fights often (as an example, just for the slightest thing, the tv channel lol), just for a drama she wanted to watch and the live show soccer match that I wanted to watch, but she always anticipated this drama and she's giving me this angry pout looks(but cute) so finally I let her won hahah, because I love her and ended up watching the match at my neigbours. This is only one example of my daily lives with the person I love, there's also sometimes she let me win, because she knew I wanted it so bad, and....without doubt, because she loved me. And believe me, it's not because of sex. It's pure feeling and mutual affection for each other.

So who cares if you're an atheist.
Who cares if you're a religious person.
Who cares if you're an agnostic or something else

Love is there for all of us, if you search for them, or let them come for you by themselves.

As for me, I searched for them
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 15:12   Link #113
Blue*Dragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: holland
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
love is a great feeling. but damn it has its lows..
I will never known that feeling. Maby only if I will be in love a time.
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 03:38   Link #114
g33k
Just another anime fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Venezuela (SOUTH AMERICA)
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to g33k
love... ummm i guess im jsut 2 young for it ;D dont really need it now (got other stuff in my mind if u went passed my age u knw what im talking about ) but i do think i came close to it.. all though in the end she liked a nother guy... i ddint really cry or feel like i was gonna die but it did hurt (somewhat) hehe puppylove?
btw im 16 u think thats a good enough age post it
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 04:19   Link #115
Blue*Dragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: holland
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k
love... ummm i guess im jsut 2 young for it ;D dont really need it now (got other stuff in my mind if u went passed my age u knw what im talking about ) but i do think i came close to it.. all though in the end she liked a nother guy... i ddint really cry or feel like i was gonna die but it did hurt (somewhat) hehe puppylove?
btw im 16 u think thats a good enough age post it
Many peoples fall in love when they are around the age of 16 years old.
So it might be happned to you ass wel ;g33k;
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 20:02   Link #116
Archuka
A territory most absolute
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Finland
Age: 29
I used to have a huge crush when I was younger, but I was too stupid and insecure to notice she also had a crush on me. Oh well, today I probably wouldn't feel the same way (she was really, really hot, though). Today I think I was a damn fool just a few years ago...just like all the other kids of my age.

The narcist side of my personality is growing stronger and stronger and most girls (guys also) I know seem like ingorant fools or just plain idiots to me. I don't think I could ever fall in love with someone I think is inferior to me.

Yeah, it's very sad, but I feel pride in my impression of being "superior" to most people around me, even though it is a bad thing. Not too good for my social life.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 21:24   Link #117
g33k
Just another anime fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Venezuela (SOUTH AMERICA)
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to g33k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka

Yeah, it's very sad, but I feel pride in my impression of being "superior" to most people around me, even though it is a bad thing. Not too good for my social life.
superior to ppl around u... k dude... thats not good at all.. u may have a surpirse 1 of these days proving that may be some1 is better than u
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 22:16   Link #118
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Anyone ever experience being in love with someone but didn't work out in the end? That you feel you just want to disapear because it hurt so much thinking and missing that person night after night being alone?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 22:54   Link #119
g33k
Just another anime fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Venezuela (SOUTH AMERICA)
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to g33k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Anyone ever experience being in love with someone but didn't work out in the end? That you feel you just want to disapear because it hurt so much thinking and missing that person night after night being alone?
Thats kinda what heppened to me :S but with out the missing part... i just felt like.. damn feelings are sh** didnt miss her... cause i never had her
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 23:07   Link #120
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex, UK
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
im gonna read all this 2moz..but whenever love goes through bad patches most of the time its great because you get to kiss and make up! hehe.
~_~ nehoo hobbs is tired...mus sleep..but damn its hot...
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.