AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 17:21   Link #1
SyntheSis21
SyntheSis21

partial download of Naruto 64

Hi all! I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I recently just dl Naruto 61-70 and for some reason episode 64 and 69 won't download and I've tried to redo it about 4 times. Is there something we're doing wrong ? We've got the rest of them and they came out fine. Please help... I need to know what happened in 64 NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Just kidding. Thanks! Peace
SyntheSis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 17:47   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheSis21
Hi all! I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I recently just dl Naruto 61-70 and for some reason episode 64 and 69 won't download and I've tried to redo it about 4 times. Is there something we're doing wrong ? We've got the rest of them and they came out fine. Please help... I need to know what happened in 64 NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Just kidding. Thanks! Peace
How do you know that this episode did not come out fine but the others did? Did you wait until the BT client displayed 100% complete (file sizes do not matter with BT)? If yes, are the correct codecs installed? Take a look here and download ffdshow. Uninstall all of your previous codecs and install ffdshow only. This should solve any playback problems you might have.

Did this solve the problem?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 05:02   Link #3
SyntheSis21
SyntheSis21

Wink Hmmm....will try this method first

Okay... we will check out this page after work tonight. My husband is better at figuring the tech stuff out. But to answer your question, all of the other episodes can be played as we have watched almost all of them. Episode 64 has 2 separate icons showed as Media player, #69 has one. And with both of them you can hear the audio but no visual and it says something about "error downloading codec". What I can't understand is how we were able to get them all as a group (61-70) but still have 2 not playing . Oh well. Thanks for the help and I'll post whatever happens. peace!
Old 2004-07-13, 05:32   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Episode 64 has 2 separate icons showed as Media player, #69 has one. And with both of them you can hear the audio but no visual and it says something about "error downloading codec".

OK, I am pretty sure now that you have a codec issue. Just follow the instructions I gave you above (ffdshow etc).

Quote:
What I can't understand is how we were able to get them all as a group (61-70) but still have 2 not playing.
Sometimes groups change their codecs (or just update them) during subbing a series. Nothing uncommon.

PS: It's cool that even "older" (sorry for the lack of a better word) are still watching Naruto. Way to go!
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 18:13   Link #5
SyntheSis21
SyntheSis21

Talking Sin...Domo origato, muchas gracias,

Sin, thank you sooooooooooo much for referring us to that page. The episodes play just fine now. And thank you for the compliment earlier. I've been watching anime ( and just cartoons in general ) for many, many years. The first animes I ever watched were Starblazers and Gatchaman ( or Battle of the Planets ) when I was about 8 or 9. They used to be on TV either before school or afterschool everyday. I've always liked scifi and adventure stuff and I first saw Akira in 1989 at the University of Georgia on the big screen. That was way cool and from then on I was hooked. Even now, I prefer watching anime or playing video games with my husband and kids to watching regular TV, mainly because TV has gone to shyte now. But I digress. Thanks again for the help. If you are in school studying computers and technology, keep at it. You appear to be very knowledgeable and it will take you far. Oh yeah, btw, you don't need to have a cool pic by your name. I like your avatar. Peace!