AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 22:57   Link #1
Sakuya
*Artist

Blocked IPs?

Is there any way to see if one site (a domain) is blocking me? I have a feeling it is but I don't know why. I cannot load the site but other people can. It's been like this since Saturday so I know it's not a glitch. I'm talking about:

http://www.videohelp.com/
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 23:03   Link #2
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
You probably have some cookies or something in your cache that loads the wrong thing. I remember not being able to go on animesuki when they changed servers through the anime expo weekend, while my friend could. Even though I can't guarantee anything try and empty your temporary internet files, and cookies or something.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 23:56   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Is there any way to see if one site (a domain) is blocking me? I have a feeling it is but I don't know why. I cannot load the site but other people can. It's been like this since Saturday so I know it's not a glitch. I'm talking about:

http://www.videohelp.com/
Could be DNS error on your end. Try using IP and not hostname.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 16:16   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Looks like videohelp.com is down getting "page cannot be displayed message". So maybe it was on their end and not just you.
Old 2004-07-13, 16:34   Link #5
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Looks like videohelp.com is down getting "page cannot be displayed message". So maybe it was on their end and not just you.
Works just fine for me, try connecting directly to the IP address:

http://66.17.140.17/
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 21:10   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

Thanks, that works. How/where do I empty the Temporary Internet Files? If I empty them, will something bad happen?
Old 2004-07-13, 23:21   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Thanks, that works. How/where do I empty the Temporary Internet Files? If I empty them, will something bad happen?
I assume your using IE as your browser. To empty the temporary Internet files all you have to do is click tools -> Internet options -> General tab -> Delete Files. Deleting temporary Internet files shouldn't harm anything. Temporary Internet files are just junk collected from browsing the Internet. While your at it change the temporary Internet files cache to 80MB. Tools -> Internet options -> General tab -> Settings -> type in 80 in the text box then apply settings. This should be sufficient enough for IE to function correctly and lowers the amount of HD space it uses.
Old 2004-07-13, 23:31   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Nothing bad will happen. At all. You'll just automatically reload some images the next time you go to the page they are on. Here is a simple graphic to explain the proceedure.

Spoiler for picture:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 19:26   Link #9
Sakuya
*Artist

So that's where it was? I've done that occasionally. Even though I clicked that, I always find a "Temporary Internet Files" folder in C drive and it has lots of trash in there but I never know if it's safe to delete them.

And by the way, I set the cache to 15MB a long time ago. Is that too low?
Old 2004-07-14, 19:41   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Honestly it doesn't really make much of a difference. You'll browse a little slower with only 15MB, but if you're on a high-speed connection it won't make any real difference. It's only if you're on a dial-up that you really need a larger cache.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote