AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-28, 21:16   Link #21
XooX

Its cool to see the show that spawn knight of ramunes
XooX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 21:28   Link #22
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XooX
Its cool to see the show that spawn knight of ramunes
Not really. Knights of Ramune (VS Knight Lamune &40 Fresh) is an OVA series that was made after the TV series VS Knight Lamune &40 Fire that comes from other Lamune releases. The first Lamune anime product was NG Knight Lamune &40, a TV series shown from 1990-1991. Ryu Knight is a TV series from 1994-1995.

The first episode of NG Knight Lamune &40 was fansubbed by Anime Haven (http://www.theanimehaven.com/pro/index.asp). The first 5 were fansubbed on tape long ago by some group whose name I forgot.

All the 26 episodes of VS Knight Lamune &40 Fire (that features Parfait and Cacao, like Knights of Ramune) was fansubbed by a group called Hecto a long time ago. The fansubs were done on tape, but I think someone has digitized them.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 23:11   Link #23
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, this series definitely gets the Boney Jellyfish Seal of Approval™. As an earlier poster said, any series subbed by Triad is guaranteed to be a good series, with the exception of Ultra Maniac... *makes a quick getaway*
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 23:37   Link #24
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
The OVA isn't set before the TV series... They are completely independent, what is absolutely now a uncommon thing.
Ah, thanks for the info. All I got was one tape with TV eps. 1-3 and Adeus Legend ep. 1 so I didn't have too much material to judge from. I also saw some trading lists with TV eps. 4-6 and Adeus Legend ep. 2 in one tape, and I wonder if Adeus Legend was made as an additional feature for the LD release of the TV series, much like the old Patlabor "P-Series". But there's a second Ryu Knight OVA, is it unrelated to the other series too?

I have a couple of Hecto's Lamune tapes. Damn catchy song stuck in my head for weeks Pity the quality is so bad (even when I got them directly off Hecto) my digitizing card refused to accept them, too noisy and jumpy.
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 00:49   Link #25
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Talking

Hey no offense taken TBoz i was just letting you know lol that i know the difference between the two shows. i must have missed one of the replies that were saying that the show is simmilar to both lodoss and slayers, so it's mostly my fault. Anyways it looks like i will be downloading this one to go with the grip of series i am already in the midst of downloading. Man good thing i just bought another 100 cdr
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 13:46   Link #26
Tboz

No problem... misunderstandings only...

Sigh, I haven't start with the downloading as I am pretty occupied with some another series. But from the pics that kuru posted, it seems to be more of a fun series like Slayers.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 11:51   Link #27
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Whoever came up with the idea to colour coordinate everyone's font with their respective armor and/or hair color is a genious. Give them a Nobel prize or something.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 11:56   Link #28
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
As an earlier poster said, any series subbed by Triad is guaranteed to be a good series, with the exception of Ultra Maniac... *makes a quick getaway*
Hey..... I actually liked that anime

Well I watched the first two episodes, and I must say that I love it already. I love the fact on how Triad is matching the colors with the characters. Now I know who is who. But what I liked the most is how Adeu summoned his Ryu. I like this series, I think I will download more of it. Even if it is a really long series.
Old 2003-11-30, 13:06   Link #29
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid|J
Ugh, just when I thought I had enough anime to follow... This will be show #21 for me at present.
Yeah, makes for #20 for me only because I just closed out a bunch of older series. Otherwise it would be like #30 for me.

But overall I like the series because:

1. It's got mechas in it.
2. It's got knights.
3. It's got magic.
4. It's funny.
5. It's a great adventure/action story.
6. Cute girls with pointy ears?
7. It's got a medieval feel to it.

I'm anxious for the next couple of episodes.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 23:11   Link #30
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Yeah i liked this show so far. Definitely i am going to keep downloading this show. I really liked how they used the colored fonts as well. Sometimes it's hard to determine who is exactly talking but that wasn't the issue in this. Great job guys at Triad. Another great show from a great fansubbing group.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 23:35   Link #31
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Episode 3 is out My comments in spoiler tags below ;p

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 17:56   Link #32
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The series is closer to Slayers than it is to Lodoss War.

I've seen the entire TV series (I actually have the entire set on LD with the slick LD covers that very few people have seen). It was originally my intention to sub it ages ago (when we were known as Ignition-One and not Infinite-Zero as we're known now) but we never could get any help with it.

It's an excellent series through and through even if it does use the standard RPG/Anime conventions. The TV series is undoubtedly the better of the series when compared to the OVAs. It's a long ride but well worth it. Trust me.

As for Triad, I'll be keeping my eyes on you cause after AW's work on the OVAs (and a few other subbers that stopped on the series) I swear Ryu Knight is cursed with less than par subs. Not a knock on ya'll but something always happens to people that work on Ryu Knight. =P
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:08   Link #33
Dragosmore
Translator

I know there has to be some people who watch this series out there, right? :P There hasn't been much discussion of it recently, and I want to discuss @_@;; Start posting guys or something :PPP Anyway, episode 4 is out. Kind of slow in my opinion, but others seem to like it. Spoiler stuff below:

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-07, 18:57   Link #34
Nins

Send a message via ICQ to Nins
Thumbs up

I have been waiting for the continuation of this funny and light hearted series since NLA subbed the first 3 series! Thanks guys/girls for continuing this series! downloading ep 4 now (yay! Matlab is back!). Hope the entire series will be subbed without any problems! thanks again!
Nins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:45   Link #35
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, I thought episode 4 was actually pretty good. At least, I thought it was better than episode 3

I have a question just for Dragosmore though (nobody else look!):
Spoiler:

I'm really wondering how they've all ended up with Ryus though. I can understand Paffy and I...I...tsumi? Itsuki? I can't remember his name. However, I can understand why he and Paffy have their Ryus.

Furthermore, how did the ninja guy and Paffy/the priest guy meet up?

Sorry, I'm REALLY bad with names.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 00:29   Link #36
Dragosmore
Translator

Well first things first.

1) You're unbanned, you shouldn't have been in the first place

2) I know how Paffy and Izumi met up, but I won't spoil because it's sometime in the later 10s ( i havent t/led the ep with it, but i know how they meet ). If you really want to know, PM me on irc. And I assume Sarutobi is just another hired guard they got in their two travels together or whatnot.
Old 2003-12-11, 20:22   Link #37
Dragosmore
Translator

It's that itme again. Ryu5 is out! It sort of is related to Ryu6, but you can easily watch Ryu5 without seeing 6 right away, hehe. It's actually a really good ep imho :P

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy it :P
Old 2003-12-11, 22:40   Link #38
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-12, 01:45   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Married

ryu knight

unlike most people here I perfer the OAV to the tv. The oav was both action pack and the storyline tight with very little fillers. The villians were both funny without being buffons and were shown quite deadly and capable. A good match against the heros. And Adieu was definetly less annoying in the OAV then the TV. overall the all the main characters were develope a lot better in the OAV then the TV.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:02   Link #40
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
unlike most people here I perfer the OAV to the tv. The oav was both action pack and the storyline tight with very little fillers. The villians were both funny without being buffons and were shown quite deadly and capable. A good match against the heros. And Adieu was definetly less annoying in the OAV then the TV. overall the all the main characters were develope a lot better in the OAV then the TV.
With only five episodes subbed out, I find that really hard to say. Also, I don't necessarily think Adeu is annoying, but rather amusing with his lessons of Chivalry that he babbles on about. Not to mention, the OAV's, if they were to take place in the same world as the TV, it would be much after the end, since of what Adeu has/how he looks in the OVA.