AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-13, 21:52   Link #1
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Mozilla Firefox Prob

Hey guys, I've been using mozilla firefox for quite a while now, and I've found it to be better than IE in most persepectives, but just in the last min. or so I had a prob... bad prob...

Mozilla Firefox doesn't seem to display table borders correctly. I don't see the border color at all.

I just noticed this too for one site. The one I'm building. I also tried looking through all the settings, but none of them seem to work.

The site: www.vietclub.tk
Old 2004-07-13, 22:04   Link #2
Babbit

Send a message via AIM to Babbit
eh don't click the link kiddies if you want ads
Babbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 06:23   Link #3
Ending

What ads?

Mozilla 1.7 has a similar kind of problem, but ALWAYS shows the borders even if they have been specified to be "0." Nothing to be done about it, as it is a feature Mozilla has...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 11:46   Link #4
Onakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1
Mozilla Firefox doesn't seem to display table borders correctly. I don't see the border color at all.
I don't see a poblem with a browser not showing borders if border="0" almost everywhere. Why should it display them?
Onakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 13:36   Link #5
Ending

I think you misunderstood, or then I did; had some difficulty understand your post. Like said: Mozilla shows some ugly, gray border in tables even when there shouldn't be one, and even if there should, Mozilla still places that line between the table borders.
Quote:
<frameset onLoad="JavaScript;popup()" rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
If you are using Mozilla at that site, or any site that has tables, there are borders even though the code above specifies that there shouldn't be anything. On IE, there isn't a problem.
Old 2004-07-14, 19:48   Link #6
AOforever1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbit
eh don't click the link kiddies if you want ads
THat's because ur probably running ur browser with no Popup blocker. Try IE on SP2 RC2 or Firefox! With popupblockers that work and non-intrusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
I think you misunderstood, or then I did; had some difficulty understand your post. Like said: Mozilla shows some ugly, gray border in tables even when there shouldn't be one, and even if there should, Mozilla still places that line between the table borders.

If you are using Mozilla at that site, or any site that has tables, there are borders even though the code above specifies that there shouldn't be anything. On IE, there isn't a problem.
So is this a bug in Firefox??
Or my redirection in conjunction with it?
Old 2004-07-15, 03:46   Link #7
Onakra

Hmm, it's probably me then, but Firefox (0.9.2) doesn't seem to render any borders for me where border="0". Tested using something simple like

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>test</title>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=iso-8859-1" />
</head>
<body>
<table border="0">
<tr>
<td>t1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>t2</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>
A part of the problem(s) on this site is probably the use of attributes that are not in the W3C standards (like for instance bordercolor and frameborder) so behavior is different in Firefox(/Mozilla).
Onakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 06:06   Link #8
Ending

Seemed to work, but it would be interesting to know when they disable that grey line when the borders are *enabled.* My site uses tables a lot, so it is kinda annoying to have those lines breaking the layout.
Old 2004-07-15, 07:37   Link #9
Shadowlord
~DESU

my firefox (0.9.2) also has trouble with borders once in a while, although it has the tendency to shove everything in tables to the right off the screen.
Old 2004-07-15, 17:03   Link #10
AOforever1

The test code worked out just fine, I tried using the border color tags as well, and it works... what the h3ll...

Where as my site doesn't... I'll look more into this.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals.