AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-13, 22:48   Link #1
AznFenixX

Azureus prob

Hi.. im using azureus but i keep getting errors when i tried to download
The error msg says failed to establish listen on port 6969, Check that other applicaations aren't already using this port.
The health is just stayin red the whole time, doesn't seem it's connecting. Also i've config everything based on the guide by sin, and it still wont work.
Can anyone gimme some suggestions? Thx
AznFenixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 08:06   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznFenixX
Hi.. im using azureus but i keep getting errors when i tried to download
The error msg says failed to establish listen on port 6969, Check that other applicaations aren't already using this port.
The health is just stayin red the whole time, doesn't seem it's connecting. Also i've config everything based on the guide by sin, and it still wont work.
Can anyone gimme some suggestions? Thx
Port 6969? Umm, nevermind. Did you try changing the Incoming TCP listen ports in Configuration:Server to some random number (i.e. 6880)?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 08:53   Link #3
AznFenixX

I tried changing incomin port to 6880, but the error still showed up
Old 2004-07-14, 09:03   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I tried changing incomin port to 6880, but the error still showed up
Do you get the exact same message like before (about port 6969)?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-14, 10:28   Link #5
AznFenixX

Yes.. Exactly the same
Old 2004-07-14, 10:58   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Yes.. Exactly the same
OK, I just checked my open ports with TrojanHunter and it tells my that port 6969 is open although I defined 6880 as incoming port. I faintly remember, however, that Azureus did not use the 6969 port in previous versions. So, before I tell you to open port 6969, I'll look into that again.
I'd appreciate if whoever reads that could tell me which ports your Azureus uses.

Update: I just downgraded to Azureus 2.1.0.0 and it did not use the 6969 port (or any suspicious port for that matter). Azureus 2.1.0.4 however, opens the 6969 ports (with or without plugins - doesn't matter).

Update2: OK, I now know why Azureus opens port 6969.

AznFenixX, go to Configuration:Tracker and uncheck Enable tracker on HTTP port.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-07-14 at 11:47.
Old 2004-07-14, 13:14   Link #7
AznFenixX

thx for the help, it solved the error prob. However the health stays red and doesnt seem it's connecting.... even the newest naruto 90
Old 2004-07-14, 13:40   Link #8
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
thx for the help, it solved the error prob. However the health stays red and doesnt seem it's connecting.... even the newest naruto 90
Did you configure the router and/or firewall correctly?
To configure the router, you must first know your router's ip. Go to www.whatismyip.com to find out the IP. After that, type that IP in the address bar of your internet browser and the configuration of the router should be accessable. If your router supports UPnP enable it in the configuration and in Azureus (Configuration:Plugins:UPnP). If your router does not support UPnP, things are more tricky and since Doppelganger did a nice job in explaining how to configure the router manually, see his post.

Old 2004-07-14, 15:06   Link #9
AznFenixX

Im not really good with router, so i dont quite get how to make the router accessable. I have been used azureus for a long time, all the weird stuff just happened yesterday including the error msg when i run azureus. I think i config my router correctly b/c it works b4. Just to make sure, is it possible to put some screenshots on how to config a router? Btw i have a linksys router. Also i've done port forwarding and enabled Upnp. Thx
Old 2004-07-14, 15:07   Link #10
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

There is a screenshot in my guide (2nd post) and in the Doppelganger's post.

Old 2004-07-14, 15:14   Link #11
AznFenixX

I see the sn in your post and i enabled the Upnp, is that all to the router?
Old 2004-07-14, 15:16   Link #12
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I see the sn in your post and i enabled the Upnp, is that all to the router?
If UPnP is enabled in Azureus and the router config, then yes. Better than asking would be trying it though Don't forget to tell me if it worked, though.

Old 2004-07-14, 15:24   Link #13
AznFenixX

Sorry for being dumb and lazy...... but what exactly do u mean by config the router? i read both posts but still confused...
Old 2004-07-14, 16:12   Link #14
AznFenixX

BTW ... do u use AIM i figure it's easier to find where the prob is =)
Old 2004-07-15, 15:37   Link #15
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Case closed, and problem solved through PM

I thought I'd let you know so that you don't waste your time solving a problem that is non-existent ^_^