AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-30, 18:10   Link #1241
s1fizik
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I don't get the nature of this thread... There is romance in naruto... Asuma and Kurunai...
Hinata-->Naruto...
__________________
Naruto Theme Song and Music Video Database
s1fizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 18:23   Link #1242
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
I don't get the nature of this thread... There is romance in naruto... Asuma and Kurunai...
Hinata-->Naruto...
Romance means interaction, granted Asuma and Kurenai, but they are far from the spotlight. In Naruto you only find unrequited love: Hinata->Naruto->Sakura->Sasuke...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 21:19   Link #1243
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Kishi just sucks at writing romances, it's pretty obvious.

But he's pretty good at BL apparently
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 01:43   Link #1244
Obito, Tobi
Maker Of Crap AMVs
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In your shadow.
Are you shittin' me? I like the story...
But yeah, some romance would be chill. Seriously... Do you know how many X x Y (Narusaku, etc.) videos on youtube would be laid to rest? Plus, it's unrealistic that like 30 16-30 year old aren't going out with anyone, or have any intimate relations. I mean they leave times open for such things to be filled in, but the interaction between the two (or maybe a harem :3) would be beyond just the basic appreciation of friendship...
__________________

Last edited by Obito, Tobi; 2011-07-01 at 01:43. Reason: typo
Obito, Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 02:08   Link #1245
s1fizik
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kishi just sucks at writing romances, it's pretty obvious.

But he's pretty good at BL apparently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obito, Tobi View Post
Are you shittin' me? I like the story...
But yeah, some romance would be chill. Seriously... Do you know how many X x Y (Narusaku, etc.) videos on youtube would be laid to rest? Plus, it's unrealistic that like 30 16-30 year old aren't going out with anyone, or have any intimate relations. I mean they leave times open for such things to be filled in, but the interaction between the two (or maybe a harem :3) would be beyond just the basic appreciation of friendship...
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it (except with sakura UGH). I dont want Naruto to be another Gundam where the story revolves around loves triangles and action. He's broken out of the oldschool mold and brought us a truely great universe and story.
__________________
Naruto Theme Song and Music Video Database
s1fizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:20   Link #1246
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it (except with sakura UGH). I dont want Naruto to be another Gundam where the story revolves around loves triangles and action. He's broken out of the oldschool mold and brought us a truely great universe and story.
I think in Gundam there are even more than 3 angels

But yeah I too would like a bit more romance. If the amount is just right,it makes the story better. If it is overdone, it just makes worse, like sugar.
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:44   Link #1247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it (except with sakura UGH). I dont want Naruto to be another Gundam where the story revolves around loves triangles and action. He's broken out of the oldschool mold and brought us a truely great universe and story.
It's one thing with being blatant, and another of being non-existent. The only only characters to have relationships thusfar are the ones that don't matter. And the one's that the audience do care about have zero progress. Explain that one.

People just want some kind of progression, it doesn't have to be some ninja love opera, just throw us some damn hints. Kishi waits like 200 chapters before giving us anything. Well, at least it's not as bad as Ippo.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:54   Link #1248
s1fizik
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's one thing with being blatant, and another of being non-existent. The only only characters to have relationships thusfar are the ones that don't matter. And the one's that the audience do care about have zero progress. Explain that one.

People just want some kind of progression, it doesn't have to be some ninja love opera, just throw us some damn hints. Kishi waits like 200 chapters before giving us anything. Well, at least it's not as bad as Ippo.
You are just to naive to notice the subtleties.

Let's see:
Naruto + Hinata: Hinata finally confessed her love for him, unfortunately due to the Ninja War and the crisis of Konoha theres no time to start dating. Before it's usually be a one way crush.

Sasuke + Sakura: not going to happen obviously. It s a relationship that brought the team together and helped them bond but with Sasuke going nuts and Sakura beginning to see the darkness in Sasuke its obvious that it's not going to happen. I am sure we are past the point of no return with sasuke killing danzo...

Jiraiya + Tsunade: there was a little flirt/love between the two. Tsunade was crushed when Jiraiya died fighting pain. I bet they wouldve ultimately hooked up but both of them were old anyways. Besides Tsunade had a kid and a husband and she hasnt been able to move on.

Asuma + Kurenai: had a kid for godsakes. What did you want? More Public displays of Affection? some french kissing? Asian culture is different from western culture. Romance isn't all about getting physical, and especially in a setting like Naruto relationships are kept on the DL.

what other relationships would "matter" hmm. Every character needs to be in a relationship? This isn't a high-school themed manga. I don't think Kishi wrote this series thinking of all the perverted combinations his characters could be made into.
__________________
Naruto Theme Song and Music Video Database
s1fizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 11:18   Link #1249
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Naruto + Hinata: Hinata finally confessed her love for him, unfortunately due to the Ninja War and the crisis of Konoha theres no time to start dating. Before it's usually be a one way crush.
What?... dating?... Naruto didn't care about that confession. When the fight with Pain was over, Sakura hugged him in front of Hinata

Quote:
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it (except with sakura UGH). I dont want Naruto to be another Gundam where the story revolves around loves triangles and action. He's broken out of the oldschool mold and brought us a truely great universe and story.
Again... WHAT?...
He doesn't overdo the romance because he doesn't write any romance at all. Kishi didn't broke any mold, he is using the "DB mold", now Naruto looks exactly like a Super Saiyan, even the attacks are similar.

People forget that Naruto is just a very lucrative franchise targeted FOR CHILDRENS.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 13:07   Link #1250
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Kishimoto doesn't do romance. He ruins romance.

Naruto x Hinata - This one sided pairing is over. Hinata achieved her goal of telling Naruto how she feels about him. Naruto in turn has done nothing about her feelings. Hinata seems satisfied with the current status and has gone back to using Naruto as inspiration.

Naruto x Sakura - A train wreck. It's really gone downhill since the Kage Summit. Since then Kishi has shoved down our throats that Sakura loves Sasuke and not Naruto. Naruto's own feelings for Sakura are iffy at best now. And to think, this was actually developing well.

Sasuke x Sakura - An epic disaster. Yes, Sakura still loves Sasuke, but Kishi actually portrays this as extremely negative. Look at her reaction when the injured Rock nin makes a play for her and she she thinks about Sasuke. This pairing is beyond hope and would only insult the audience if Kishi bothered to reform Sasuke to the point where it can happen.

Shikamaru x Temari - Everyone's safe "canon" pairing. Well Kishi ruined this too. A perfect side pairing with enough hints that carried into Shippuden. Then Kishi doesn't have them interact for about 6 years and even introduces a new girl to be Shikamaru's Hinata. Recently this started up again as they were placed on the same team for the war. Folks on 2ch say Kishi may be forced to do this pairing by his editors even though he doesn't want to. The fact that he might be forced to do a relationship that is such a no brainer speaks volumes.

The rest of the romances don't matter unless you were really sitting around waiting for Kishi to do crack like Kiba x Hinata. And I don't care about dead couples since Kishi is very good at writing romance when someone is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Jiraiya + Tsunade: there was a little flirt/love between the two. Tsunade was crushed when Jiraiya died fighting pain. I bet they wouldve ultimately hooked up but both of them were old anyways. Besides Tsunade had a kid and a husband and she hasnt been able to move on.
Tsunade was never married to Dan. She was engaged. And that wasn't her kid. It was her little brother.
__________________

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-07-01 at 16:34.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:07   Link #1251
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Kishimoto doesn't do romance. He ruins romance.

Naruto x Hinata - This one sided pairing is over. Hinata achieved her goal of telling Naruto how she feels about him. Naruto in turn has done nothing about her feelings. Hinata seems satisfied with the current status and has gone back to using Naruto as inspiration.

Naruto x Sakura - A train wreck. It's really gone downhill since the Kage Summit. Since then Kishi has shoved down our throats that Sakura loves Sasuke and not Naruto. Naruto's own feelings for Sakura are iffy at best now. And to think, this was actually developing well.

Sasuke x Sakura - An epic disaster. Yes, Sakura still loves Sasuke, but Kishi actually portrays this as extremely negative. Look at her reaction when the injured Rock nin makes a play for her and she she thinks about Sasuke. This pairing is beyond hope and would only insult the audience if Kishi bothered to reform Sasuke to the point where it can happen.

Shikamaru x Temari - Everyone's safe "canon" pairing. Well Kishi ruined this too. A perfect side pairing with enough hints that carried into Shippuden. Then Kishi doesn't have them interact for about 6 years and even introduces a new girl to be Shikamaru's Hinata. Recently this started up again as they were placed on the same team for the war. Folks on 2ch say Kishi may be forced to do this pairing by his editors even though he doesn't want to. The fact that he might be forced to do a relationship that is such a no brainer speaks volumes.

The rest of the romances don't matter unless you were really sitting around waiting for Kishi to do crack like Kiba x Hinata. And I don't care about dead couples since Kishi is very good at writing romance when someone is dead.


Tsunade was never married to Dan. She was engaged. And that wasn't her kid. It was her little brother.
You hit the nail on the head on this one, +1
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:21   Link #1252
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

The rest of the romances don't matter unless you were really sitting around waiting for Kishi to do crack like Kiba x Hinata. And I don't care about dead couples since Kishi is very good at writing romance when someone is dead.
Yep, this is true. Yahiko and Konan shared the single most intimate scene in the series (not counting pervy sexy no jutsu gag scenes) going as far as vaguely implied sex! . Of course, by the time it's revealed both characters are dead. Though to be fair, Yahiko was never actually alive when we saw him in the present.

But I can see why Kishi does this. It's easy to write a romance where one or both partners or dead. Real relationships evolve, they slowly blossom, go through peaks and valleys. Some thrive, some die. It's difficult to devote proper time to a romance without crossing into shojo territory. But romance involving dead people is like a perfect snapshot picture, it will never get ugly and never change. Even if one of the partners is alive, they remember their lover though a curtain of nostalgia and the reverence living people have for the dead. Writing about the romance of dead characters is good drama without the complexity of an actual relationship.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 07:23   Link #1253
Obito, Tobi
Maker Of Crap AMVs
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In your shadow.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it (except with sakura UGH). I dont want Naruto to be another Gundam where the story revolves around loves triangles and action. He's broken out of the oldschool mold and brought us a truely great universe and story.
Yeah, i like that too, but i think; for instance, what Naruto did for Shion in the Naruto Movie: Bonds or whichever one was tap-worthy. Because at a certain point, it's overdoing it, not having any at all. For instance in the specials where nothing important in the story line happens, add it right there and it's not overdoing it, people with my point of view are satisfied, and everyone's happy.
__________________
Obito, Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 08:19   Link #1254
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Naruto + Hinata: Hinata finally confessed her love for him, unfortunately due to the Ninja War and the crisis of Konoha theres no time to start dating.
There was some time before Naruto left the village, but the author didn't give even the slightest hint that something happened. At least a scene where Naruto says "sorry Hinata but i'm in love with someone else" or Naruto thinking about what he should say to Hinata but unable to decide what he should say and decides to take his time. Of course i hope there'll be some flashback of this, Naruto being unable to address this issue, then him thinking that if Jiraiya lived he could ask that old guy about romance stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Sasuke + Sakura: not going to happen obviously. It s a relationship that brought the team together and helped them bond but with Sasuke going nuts and Sakura beginning to see the darkness in Sasuke its obvious that it's not going to happen. I am sure we are past the point of no return with sasuke killing danzo...
With Naruto's actions it seemed the opposite, either Sasuke dies or he will end up being with Sakura. First when Sakura confesses to Naruto he says she's lying, then after he talks with Sasuke we see how Sakura is happily thinking that Naruto may still rescue Sasuke. It was kinda ridiculous to see that just a few minutes after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Jiraiya + Tsunade: there was a little flirt/love between the two. Tsunade was crushed when Jiraiya died fighting pain. I bet they wouldve ultimately hooked up but both of them were old anyways. Besides Tsunade had a kid and a husband and she hasnt been able to move on.
She had a lover who died in the war (and a brother who looked like Naruto), and it was made clear that there was nothing between her and Jiraiya other than being "nakama". She didn't have to be Jiraiya's lover to be so deeply moved by his death. It was one sided and Jiraiya never succeeded. They were over 50 years when Jiraiya died, so the whole thing was already over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
Asuma + Kurenai: had a kid for godsakes. What did you want? More Public displays of Affection? some french kissing? Asian culture is different from western culture. Romance isn't all about getting physical, and especially in a setting like Naruto relationships are kept on the DL.
I think what people want in this manga is something like the relationship of the main characters seen in movie Shinobi (there was also a ninja anime series with same story).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 09:54   Link #1255
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Kishimoto doesn't do romance. He ruins romance.

Naruto x Hinata - This one sided pairing is over. Hinata achieved her goal of telling Naruto how she feels about him. Naruto in turn has done nothing about her feelings. Hinata seems satisfied with the current status and has gone back to using Naruto as inspiration.

Naruto x Sakura - A train wreck. It's really gone downhill since the Kage Summit. Since then Kishi has shoved down our throats that Sakura loves Sasuke and not Naruto. Naruto's own feelings for Sakura are iffy at best now. And to think, this was actually developing well.

Sasuke x Sakura - An epic disaster. Yes, Sakura still loves Sasuke, but Kishi actually portrays this as extremely negative. Look at her reaction when the injured Rock nin makes a play for her and she she thinks about Sasuke. This pairing is beyond hope and would only insult the audience if Kishi bothered to reform Sasuke to the point where it can happen.

Shikamaru x Temari - Everyone's safe "canon" pairing. Well Kishi ruined this too. A perfect side pairing with enough hints that carried into Shippuden. Then Kishi doesn't have them interact for about 6 years and even introduces a new girl to be Shikamaru's Hinata. Recently this started up again as they were placed on the same team for the war. Folks on 2ch say Kishi may be forced to do this pairing by his editors even though he doesn't want to. The fact that he might be forced to do a relationship that is such a no brainer speaks volumes.
Pretty much.

If Kishi is forced to do ShikaTema then I will take it. Even though it is utterly ridiculous that he should be forced to do a pairing that should occur anyway. He was the one who shipteased them every time they were together and set up the relationship. Of course fans would then jump on the pairing and expect them to be the new Asuma x Kurenai. What did he expect? Kishi sometimes makes my brain hurt.

And yeah, Kishi is more comfortable writing about romance if one or two of the people involved are dead. He is not good at building relationships, but is good at showing the end product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obito, Tobi View Post
Naruto did for Shion in the Naruto Movie: Bonds or whichever one was tap-worthy.
The movies generally handle romance much better. More than a few fans thnk Shion has been the best girl for Naruto and should be brought in to canon to continue her relationship with Naruto. She promised herself to Naruto. Not that this will happen, but she is still popular.

__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 18:00   Link #1256
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Wasn't Shion the one that wanted Naruto's babies, but he had no clue what she meant?
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:19   Link #1257
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Wasn't Shion the one that wanted Naruto's babies, but he had no clue what she meant?
Yeah that's the one.
The crowds reaction was priceless.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 16:57   Link #1258
ridgezipline
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Naruto would become over 9000 times better in Oh Great's hands, and while I don't like how all his mangas went left field from their original concept, doing something drastic a la Oh Great would do Naruto a lot of good
art-wise only. naruto wouldn't be as successful if it was oh great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
He doesnt overdo the romance which is perfect. He suggest that there are relationships without being blatant and annoying about it.
true that. the subtleties are great. the only direct romance played out was that of minato and kushina. i wish kishi does something similar for characters who are alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
She had a lover who died in the war (and a brother who looked like Naruto), and it was made clear that there was nothing between her and Jiraiya other than being "nakama". She didn't have to be Jiraiya's lover to be so deeply moved by his death. It was one sided and Jiraiya never succeeded. They were over 50 years when Jiraiya died, so the whole thing was already over.
there's prolly something at least at the end. about tsunade telling jiraiya about that he no longer need to act cool in front of her if he made it out alive but he didn't
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 20:43   Link #1259
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Caladan
I'm most interested in ShikaTem. ShikaTem has a lot of merit. Kishi dropped too many hints then just let their relationship died. And even with them being in the same team recently they didn't have much "screen" time together. Temari haven't been kicking ass since the war started. I want to fry Kishi on a stick.
__________________
"I have a dream..."
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 18:12   Link #1260
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I'm most interested in ShikaTem. ShikaTem has a lot of merit. Kishi dropped too many hints then just let their relationship died. And even with them being in the same team recently they didn't have much "screen" time together. Temari haven't been kicking ass since the war started. I want to fry Kishi on a stick.
I have no faith in Kishi anymore when it comes to ShikaTema. My only faith is the talk that he may be forced to do it by his editors. That's the only reason I believe that Shikamaru and Temari were in the same division.

To be fair, Gaara's division have done nothing and Temari in totally in the background. So Shikamaru and Choji had to be dragged from that division in order for the whole Team 10 vs. Asuma fight to occur. But if he doesn't return them as backup like he promised to reform Gaara's division, than he is hopeless.

ShikaTema is the easiest romance to do in the entire manga because it doesn't have the baggage of the others. A 4 year old could write it.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
official pairings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.