AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-19, 08:44   Link #61
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
Yeah those would be the only ones that suit the picture, or maybe Mesanna because the other two had black hair I think.....

Anyway, I love the series, but it seems I'm on a hiatus from it; I've only read up to book 5. Is it worth finishing? I'm kinda too lazy to do that, and Jordan is still writing them...
You guys are out of your minds! If you didn't finish the 10books that are currently released, plus the prequal that has recently been released, you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING. And saying that ANY series is 'better' then WoT is a huge mis-statement. ITs one of the best series ever, and I've read a LOT of them. I personally enjoy it more then LotR ^_^

and FYI, Masenna? You don't even read about her.. The 2 you were talking about is Lanfear and Moghedian.. Lanfear being the one who loves Rand and Moghedian being the spider.. However, I think you meant Moiraine. She's the Aes Sedai who helps rand in the first couple books then
Spoiler:
.. anyways, you NEED to finish the books.. I've read all 11 at least twice, and currently on my 3rd pass. Amazing character development and storyline, and if you don't get to at least the end of book 10 where Rand and Nynaeve bust out the Chodan Kal, you are cheating yourself of one of the coolest chapters in any book, anywhere, ever! (In my opinion of course).

Do yourselves a favor and finish reading the series.. Hell, start over if you want the full effect.. The first 3 books are pretty slow.. 4 and 5 start to heat things up.. After that it gets REALLY awesome. By book 11 you are hoping that Jordan finishes the series before he dies.. Dear God if I don't get closure on this series im going to go mad! =)

Sorry I know this is horribly off-topic for the Naruto forums but I just had to get my WoT fix =)

(BTW, Book 11 is due out October 2005 ^_^ Another year of waiting =( )
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 117,420 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.

Last edited by Anjin; 2004-07-19 at 10:28.
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 08:47   Link #62
Nubixkube
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!ranha
Someone said Naruto was an orphan because his parents died during the fight against kyuubi
I don't believe that was ever mentioned about Naruto, it was on the other hand mentioned about Iruka.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 08:48   Link #63
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
If naruto isn't related to the fourth in some way, then how come they look so much alike? And about the fourth's soul, didn't anyone think the soul hung on the death god's cross looked a little like the fourth? Check it out, they've obviously made the soul look like what they've shown us the fourth looks like.
To get back on topic ^_^ I believe that Naruto is the 4ths Child. He's been referred to as the 4ths 'Legacy' in the Manga/Anime.. He looks like him, and he was 'chosen' to be the vessel for Sealing Kyuubi.. It seems to me that the 4th would have selected himself if possible to seal the Kyuubi, but since it wasn't possible (i.e. 4th had to die for the Jutsu.. in death the Kyuubi would be re-released since hte Death God couldn't handle the immensity of the Kyuubi power.. or however this is argued), he decided to seal it within his own family.. Another idea is that the 4th realized that the Kyuubi power could be harnessed for good, and therefore didtnt WANT to destroy it with the Death God..

Either Way, the similarities between naruto and the 4th is hard to deny and discredit .. Although Naruto looks like Tsunade's brother also.. Maybe its just the way they are drawn ... Anyhows, we will find out eventually, but theres more to it then what we can think of im sure.. Kishimoto hasn't let us down yet, and I don't expect him to anytime soon =)
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 117,420 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 09:08   Link #64
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
hmm.. good points... but im a skeptic; i wont believe unless kishimoto tells us about naruto, the 4th and the kyuubi.. in the ep when the 3rd summoned the shinigami, we saw the souls of the 4th and kyuubi(?) when the shinigami ate them.. quite weird, but it tells me that naruto was not the 4th's reincarnation, because reincarnation, if i remember my lessons about hinduism correctly, always involves the soul entering a new body, right? so, well, its my opinion..

if you guys dont mind, let me ask another question... what if naruto was the REAL bad guy in this series?? i mean, with the kyuubi in his body, and his ability to control the chakra, what if the kyuubi goes berserk and out of naruto's control and that he becomes the bad guy again?? who will be able to seal that again??
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 09:24   Link #65
HopelessLover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
(I searched) Sorry for bringing this up because it seems kind of un-answerable, but I wanted to see what other people though.

The 3rd said that when using the Death God sealing technique (sorry, dont want to look up the name), the soul is sealed within the user of the technique. If Yondaime used it on Kyuubi...how is it sealed in Naruto? I can come to my own conclusions, but again - want to see what you think.

There is a very easy answer to this:

The 4th did infact have kyuubi sealed in him. It was only when he banged one of the pretty girls in konoha that he lost the kyuubi. Why you ask? Becuase when he banged that girl, the kyuubi jumped on to a sperm and 9 months later he found him self trapped in a new body, naruto's body.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 09:31   Link #66
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
There is a very easy answer to this:

The 4th did infact have kyuubi sealed in him. It was only when he banged one of the pretty girls in konoha that he lost the kyuubi. Why you ask? Becuase when he banged that girl, the kyuubi jumped on to a sperm and 9 months later he found him self trapped in a new body, naruto's body.
1) Dont make completely stupid comments.
2) If he had the Kyuubi sealed in him, he'd be dead. Not many pretty girls have sex with dead men.
3) I think the Kyuubi has better ways to move around then sperm-hitchhiking.

I realize your post was a joke, but try to be more tasteful or something. =/
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 117,420 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 11:38   Link #67
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!ranha
I read all 3 pages I think there are a lot of good points, but also some bad ones. Someone said Naruto was an orphan because his parents died during the fight against kyuubi, so they could use the baby. It wasn't like: "Hey, we need a baby, who would like to give his?" (when I remebmer correctly it was the voice of Sandaime). I think this is true. So all theories with Naruto being Yondaimes son or is Yondaime himself are untrue or not well-reasoned. Since Yondaime is the king (we heard it many times from everybody in the village) I'm sure his sealing jutsu had a higher level than Sandaimes. Also Jiraya's comment about the chakra flowing should give a hint that Yondaime could do a lot with this jutsu than just seal forever. The user of the jutsu dies (even if he only seals two arms). I'm sure Yondaime died and there is no revive system in the jutsu and some recarnation is also unlikely in my opinion. "So why does Naruto and the 4th are that much alike?" you will ask. Since the jutsu binds both souls (and chakra) for all eternity (well probably not the Kyuubi's) where is the 4th's soul? I think this brings us to the many similarities between Naruto and the 4th BUT also to the things that don't match. Naruto is not the Fourth and Yondaime is not Naruto's father, uncle, brother, grandpa or mother (lol to this idea).
There are some other questions: Why does the 4th bind kyuubi in Naruto and not in himself? All given answers are okay, I think. He didn't want OR could destroy such a big recource of chakra so he put it into a baby for later use or to be able to even bind the kyuubi to anything (if not bind away for all eternity just put it in a less secure cage).
Why didn't the villagers just killed Naruto to get rid of Kyuubi-chan ( )? Well, Noone knows what happens if Naruto dies. Will kyuubi be released or will he die? Even Kyuubi doesn't know for sure, why should he protect Naruto if he would?

If you found some holes in this theory or something else that proves I'm wrong, I'm happy to show the contrary

It was never noted anywhere who his parents were, or how they died. Its also never noted where Naruto came from. Also im pretty sure the 3rd was stronger than the 4th, he was known as the "god" of the kages, or something like that (its said when Oro fights him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
To get back on topic ^_^ I believe that Naruto is the 4ths Child. He's been referred to as the 4ths 'Legacy' in the Manga/Anime.. He looks like him, and he was 'chosen' to be the vessel for Sealing Kyuubi.. It seems to me that the 4th would have selected himself if possible to seal the Kyuubi, but since it wasn't possible (i.e. 4th had to die for the Jutsu.. in death the Kyuubi would be re-released since hte Death God couldn't handle the immensity of the Kyuubi power.. or however this is argued), he decided to seal it within his own family.. Another idea is that the 4th realized that the Kyuubi power could be harnessed for good, and therefore didtnt WANT to destroy it with the Death God..

Either Way, the similarities between naruto and the 4th is hard to deny and discredit .. Although Naruto looks like Tsunade's brother also.. Maybe its just the way they are drawn ... Anyhows, we will find out eventually, but theres more to it then what we can think of im sure.. Kishimoto hasn't let us down yet, and I don't expect him to anytime soon =)
A legacy is a piece of work or something of that nature that is left behind by somebody. So really it didnt mean it was his relative, otherwise they would have used a different term.

So if you agree to that theory, you have to agree to this: The 4th had a women pregnant that nobody knew about, AND she just happen to give birth at the moment the 4th wanted to seal the Kyuubi.

I say this because if Naruto's mother was known, they would know who Naruto was to begin with, but they dont, so you have to assume he knocked somebody up, then didnt tell anyone. Secondly the child had an umbillical cord still, which means that it was just recently born. So as you can see that theory would be very hard to pull off.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 13:38   Link #68
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
It was never noted anywhere who his parents were, or how they died. Its also never noted where Naruto came from. Also im pretty sure the 3rd was stronger than the 4th, he was known as the "god" of the kages, or something like that (its said when Oro fights him).



A legacy is a piece of work or something of that nature that is left behind by somebody. So really it didnt mean it was his relative, otherwise they would have used a different term.

So if you agree to that theory, you have to agree to this: The 4th had a women pregnant that nobody knew about, AND she just happen to give birth at the moment the 4th wanted to seal the Kyuubi.

I say this because if Naruto's mother was known, they would know who Naruto was to begin with, but they dont, so you have to assume he knocked somebody up, then didnt tell anyone. Secondly the child had an umbillical cord still, which means that it was just recently born. So as you can see that theory would be very hard to pull off.
I don't believe any theory yet. And just because Naruto's parents havn't been mentioned yet doesnt mean nobody knows who they were. Obviously they have died somehow (because they no longer exist and Naruto grew up alone), but that doesnt mean that the 3rd, Kakashi, and others don't know who they are.

When Kishimoto explains it to us, then all of us will know.. I tend to think that Naruto's parents aren't important and thats why they have never been mentioned. Maybe they died and so Naruto was used as a vessel for the Kyuubi in their memory, as an HONOR to save Konoha. Remember what the 3rd said? THe 4th wanted Naruto viewed as a Hero, not a Monster. I tend to believe more and more that the 4th was Naruto's father. We'll find out one day =)
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 117,420 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 13:50   Link #69
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
I don't believe any theory yet. And just because Naruto's parents havn't been mentioned yet doesnt mean nobody knows who they were. Obviously they have died somehow (because they no longer exist and Naruto grew up alone), but that doesnt mean that the 3rd, Kakashi, and others don't know who they are.

When Kishimoto explains it to us, then all of us will know.. I tend to think that Naruto's parents aren't important and thats why they have never been mentioned. Maybe they died and so Naruto was used as a vessel for the Kyuubi in their memory, as an HONOR to save Konoha. Remember what the 3rd said? THe 4th wanted Naruto viewed as a Hero, not a Monster. I tend to believe more and more that the 4th was Naruto's father. We'll find out one day =)
However if people knew who he was, he wouldnt have been treated the same way. Thats why its easier to assume nobody knows who his parents are, especially if you are in favor of the father/son theory.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 19:59   Link #70
Nubixkube
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
However if people knew who he was, he wouldnt have been treated the same way. Thats why its easier to assume nobody knows who his parents are, especially if you are in favor of the father/son theory.
It doesn't matter who your father, mother, or grand mother is. If people view you as the person/thing who slaughtered the memebers of their village 13 years ago, they'll hate you for it.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:16   Link #71
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
It doesn't matter who your father, mother, or grand mother is. If people view you as the person/thing who slaughtered the memebers of their village 13 years ago, they'll hate you for it.
I think it would matter if your father was the one who saved everyone. So i guess thats both our opinions eh
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:18   Link #72
Nubixkube
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Yeah he did save them, but that doesn't mean the Kyuubi won't burst out and kill their families again and just cause the 4th stopped it, doesn't mean it will bring back the loved ones they lost and won't erase the horrors they've seen, felt, lived through and know Naruto is capable of doing again.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:52   Link #73
pacificterrific
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Well... one thing I noticed while keeping track of Naruto has been Kishimoto's use of different japanese mythologies. The Kyubi being one of the first shown in the manga.
Throughout reading the common myths of the Kyubi, it repeatedly refered to it as being a shapeshifter, and usually takes the form of a beautiful woman.
It was mentioned that Naruto was born the night the Kyubi attacked Konoha. Also that the battle occurred on the outskirts of the village in the middle of the forest. So unless the Fourth carried the Kyubi back to the village to a newly born Naruto, one can surmise that Naruto was born within the vicinity of the battle. Also I'd find it highly unlikely that pregnant female kunoichi would be fighting in a life and death battle of this type. If his mother was the current vessel of Kyubi that for some reason attacked the village, then one can assume that she gave birth to naruto at the end of the battle, most likely to escape the soul entrapment performed by the Fourth. The Fourth having already started the death seal on the woman's soul would be unable to stop it in midstream as the Kyubi tried to escape to a newly born Naruto. The best the Fourth could've done at that point would be to kill the newly born and innocent child but doesn't (due to conscious or some other undisclosed reason ;P ).
pacificterrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 21:51   Link #74
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
I didnt say that the 4th used a jutsu to purposely make himself a child. And i use the word reincarnation for lack of a better word.

What i said was that he was reverted back to that age due to either the Kyuubi being unable to die, therefore it stays sealed in him, and instead of him dying (since if he dies the kyuubi goes as well) he becomes a child. Or maybe something happened because of the healing powers, or maybe the kyuubi interefered somehow in order to save his life. But thats that theory in a nutshell.

However your comments have inspired another thought, what if he did have some kind of jutsu that could revert him to a child? Now i know your thinking WTF hes not god! Well it wouldnt be that great of a technique, it would be like a very crappy version of Oro's technique, except a lot crappier. You lose all your memories and start from scratch. Anyways, if he knew that the fox had to be sealed, he could have done that jutsu after performing the sealing jutsu, somehowe negating the having to die part? It does solve the fact that he had everything prepared though, as well as the umbillical cord.

However it is true that with the candles etc. it does look like it was prepared before hand. Im still not buying that it was his son etc however, or that he purposely sealed the kyuubi within him. I dont think he would do that WILLINGLY, but if it was the only way for some reason, i would agree with that. Also the fact that the baby was JUST born makes the coincidence of it being related to him pretty far off, it just seems more likely it could have been some random baby.

Also the 4th could be sealed inside of him, perhaps in another door or something, or behind that Kyuubi .
Don't worry, I understand what you're saying. The whole cloning thing was there for the pure reason that its quite linked to the idea of your reincarnation.

Okay, let me reiterate what I'm trying to say with more details (hope you can understand, I probably won't be able to understand it myself :P ).

It doesn't take a genius like the 4th to figure out what to do. I think once he's got the death sealing jutsu perfected all he needs is perfect timing and to hope that everything goes according to plan. In all honesty, Naruto's world has a mixed of medieval and the future - we see bicycles and headsets...advanced hospitals and electricity so why not learn the day of the baby's birth. Granted, somethings may be off, or the baby's birth might be premature or a little late but that doesn't mean everything is a lost cause things can still go according to plan.

I guess the problem with my theory is Kyuubi. How exactly does he go about attacking Konoha? Does he visit daily or does he do it every single day? What would it take to push back Kyuubi in hopes that he disappears for awhile? Because when news of Naruto's birth reached the 4th's ears, he could've drawn the hiding Kyuubi out of his realm and force Kyuubi to attack Konoha (with Naruto's sealing preparation ready to go). Who knows?

Also, I think that the 4th would willingly seal Kyuubi inside Naruto (if he was someone close to him OR his son) because no matter what he is Hokage and even Hokages are forced to make decisions no matter how bearing it could be.

The fact of the matter is, who in what mind would ask someone's elses child to be sealed? No one because the moment Kyuubi is sealed inside the child he (in Naruto's case) becomes a monster and Yondaime doesn't want to put the burden on his citizens. On the other hand, why would he seal it on his own blood? Because I think, he thinks, that it lessens the burden because it would be okay if his own blood shares his pain and his burden and his belief that everything would be okay. Because he trust his own blood - Naruto.

I think he was fully aware of the consequences because he isn't a genius and a hokage for no reason. Which is why he told Sandaime that he wanted him to remind everyone to look at Naruto as a hero - the savior of Konoha because he will be the one to carry the burden - Yondaime's legacy. To remind everyone that out of the fruit of evil (or disaster or terror, etc), something good can come out of it. Hope and peace. And the greatest future Hokage that anyone will ever see. ^^ Naruto of course.

Sadly, they forgot. (Stupid bakas)

There's also the additional bonus that Yondaime can sit back in Shinigami's belly knowing that his son (or neice or lil bro...blah...blah...)isn't going to die for awhile with Kyuubi constantly healing him and making him technically immortal (once Naruto is able to control it).


As for the jutsu-reverting him back to a child. O_o Your ideas are rather unique...lol...I would agree...except I remember the Laws of Relativity and that there's always a limit to what you can control (to a degree of course seeing as Orochimaru has his 'thing') - (we know that whatever laws here in real earth doesn't apply, but to some extent it could very well apply to Kishimoto - you don't see Naruto strutting around with perfection do you even though he has Kyuubi?)
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 00:29   Link #75
GoatMan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I coulda swore reading somewhere that the demon fox was actually to powerful for the fourth to completly kill off so he sealed it in naruto.
GoatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 00:37   Link #76
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Also, I think that the 4th would willingly seal Kyuubi inside Naruto (if he was someone close to him OR his son) because no matter what he is Hokage and even Hokages are forced to make decisions no matter how bearing it could be.

The fact of the matter is, who in what mind would ask someone's elses child to be sealed? No one because the moment Kyuubi is sealed inside the child he (in Naruto's case) becomes a monster and Yondaime doesn't want to put the burden on his citizens. On the other hand, why would he seal it on his own blood? Because I think, he thinks, that it lessens the burden because it would be okay if his own blood shares his pain and his burden and his belief that everything would be okay. Because he trust his own blood - Naruto.
Its true he would feel safer, and not have to really have permission to put it in his own relative. However if he doesnt have one readily availible i think he would also put it in a random orphen as well, its not like Narutos parents could argue ;p. Like i said, if he absolutely had to choose Naruto over the village, sure he would seal it in Naruto. But i dont think he did it to turn Naruto into Leafs weapon

Also, i was thinking about the Kyuubi deal. I think it would have been pretty cool if say another village, or Leafs enemies had summoned the Kyuubi upon the village, and couldnt control it. Maybe thats why Itachi wants to obtain it so bad. It just seems odd that this kyuubi is just a "natural disaster" that runs through killing things every now and then.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 07:13   Link #77
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
If naruto isn't related to the fourth in some way, then how come they look so much alike? And about the fourth's soul, didn't anyone think the soul hung on the death god's cross looked a little like the fourth? Check it out, they've obviously made the soul look like what they've shown us the fourth looks like.
1.Well,the Manga has yet to reveal if Naruto is related to the Fourth.
2.The soul hung on Death's 'cross'(*It wasn't a cross,by the way.The soul was bound by Death's hair*)wasn't the Fourth,it was the Third.
3.No,they havent' made the soul look like what they've shown us how the Fourth looks like.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 03:17   Link #78
Cait
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I'll admit this right off. I'm new to the Naruto series. I've been watching, reading, and all in all catching up since early June and am surprised at how many conclusions that I have made that others haven't. I shall spill out a few now. I make no claims to have massive ammounts of the details memorized. But, I'd still like to share my perspective.

Gaara as Naruto's Copy

Several people have mentioned Gaara's birth and the nature of him in comparison to Naruto. I'm sure it's been mentiond somewhere before, and this might be a little off topic, but my first thought when learning the explanation of Gaara's abilities and, well, possession, was that Gaara was created in an attempt by the already paranoid and power hungry Kazekage to match what the 4th Hogage had done. I cite the fact that a son and daughter were already born. If he had been planing this all along, he wouldn't have bothered waiting for his third child. Perhaps something else was wrong I don't know about. Maybe he wanted his wife to die out of malice or she wanted to die or she was already dying. Like I said, not sure on all the details. Anyway, going off this theory, it seems likely that the 4th is Naruto's father. 'Hungh?' you ask? What does Gaara being the third child of the Kazekage and all that have to do with anything? Well, if the Kazekage had known something along the lines of, say, the leader of his rival village had recently sealed a dangerous demon inside the body of his own child, then he, too, could be loured into doing something similar despite the danger. I've seen almost nothing of this man and yet it seems like the kind of rash thought that a person like him, a person who put so much emphasis on the streagnth of his village over Konoha, would make. And, how else to one up a dead guy than to mimic what he did exactly and live through it yourself?

Secret-keeping in Konoha

Oh, in case you hadn't already guessed I'm a fan of the theory that Naruto is the 4th's son. Many people all over the internet seem to think that it's unlikly that Naruto could be the son of a man so well respected and yet such a thing could go unnoticed or unknown by so many poeple. This is ridiculious. Of course it could be so. One of the major themes in Naruto is secrecy. Information is more valuble, especially to the shinobi, than anything else in their world, and let's face it these people can keep a secret. No child had any real idea of Naruto's nature, including him, until he was told. People are constantly surprised by everything in the show. Even shinobi wearing Konoha headbands were surprised when Naruto was able to perform the Shadow Replication during his battle in episode 60! Come on! Him swiping that scroll set at least half a dozen shinobi on his tracks and when it comes to 'the' kid, some of them had to have spilled some about the results of that little incident. Nope. Does no one gossip in this village? Like I said, secrets. The audience takes for granted that other people can see what we see and know what we know and that they let on all that they in turn know to us. That's just plain foolish. Just about every character in Naruto over the age of 13 has a whole stack of proverbial cards behind his or her backs. A little thing like an illegitimate child, or hell even a loving wife, doesn't seem like it would be that hard to conceal (by those involved) or even to simply forget (as in the village as a whole). They've proved it can be done.

I've not heard this brought up at all, either. If Naruto was a 'bastard' child of the 4th and a woman, reagardless of weather they loved each other or not, this could be considered shameful. In many societies a child born out of wedlock is shunned automatically. After all, in such a society such a child is not considered to be a true heir to either mother or father and might as well be an orphan. Along this line of thought, perhaps part of the motivation of the 4th sealing the nine tails in Naruto could have been in an attempt to redeem him in the eyes of the people. Can't change the birth situation, but you can make the kid a hero and hopefully give the people a reason to ignore what he was... or so he could have tried to do. If Naruto was illegitimate, having the fox in him could have been just another strike against him. Already a loathsome bastard creature to them, and now he has a loathsome creature in him. How appropraite, ne? Of course, not a soul who knew would have been able to speak of it even if they knew. To give a reason why he was chosen would have meant telling him he was chosen for anything at all.

A Loving Wife?

If the 4th was married, everyone's subsiquent ignorance could have been because at the time simply no one cared. I'm still a little sketchy about the powers and reign of the Hokage, but it seemed in at least the first half of the series that the 3rd was the one the people knew as their leader. I'm really reaching here, but was the 4th at all active? When was he named as the successor? If he hadn't held the title for very long, like perhaps as little a few days or hours, few people would know about his family, especially if his family was new as the presence of a newborn baby would imply. Heck, news doesn't travel fast amonst the commoners, it seems. Anything under a decade (either the marriage or title holding) and apathy and ignorance are still plausible.

Also, if mom had given birth a few weeks ago {see gripe about 'newborns' below} and thought the village as at an end unless they all defended it with their lives, she could have theoretically been headstrong, and physically strong enough, assuming she was a shinobi, to go into battle and be killed. Many people have spoken about the 4th as being a lot less spastic or trouble ridden as Naruto. While it could be only the result of being an orphan out for attention, a 'headstrong mother' could also be to blame. And, if she died in battle, I could picture a heartbroken 4th sacraficing himself to save his home and new son. It would fit right into this series {see rant about corny emotional plotlines below}. And from what I've read and seen it seems entirly possible that the 4th could have essentially completed technique on the spot. We've seen lots of characters do such things. Get an idea, toy with it for a while, throw your power behind it in battle... Whoala! And this wasn't just any ordinary character, this man was a genius with the jutsu. Acomplishing something amazing in the aftermath of something great. Anyone ever seen the Red Violin? Like that.

The Heart, Soul, and Lineage of an Innocent Hero

I'm a chick. I've become obsessed with Naruto. I myself was surprised by this at first. I had been under the impression before seeing it that the Naruto series was somehow a fighting anime/manga and that it wouldn't be able to hold my interest which is why it has taken me so long to discover it's true glory. Naruto is not a fighting anime, not really. The series is stacked with emotion and character devlopment, and a lot of it is corny and predictable. You know what the results of the battle has to be and that's what makes it so hard to watch. Naruto is a very emotional series. That can be proved by the first story arc in which Naruto himself is moved to tears by an act of caring. Love, companionship, and togetherness are constant themes. How many times have they talked about caring for and protecting special people in one's life? One of the rebuttles to the theories about Naruto being the son of the 4th is that it would just be too corny to be true, and that really is the strongest arguement for it. You always see the big tear-jerking, gut-wreanching, searching for the tissue box kinda scenes coming a mile away in this show. Oh, so Iruka is an orphan too? I wonder if he will sympathize with Naruto and become like a surrogate father? Nah, too corny. Haku the faithful trainee give his life for the one he cares for? Nah, too corny. The guy Sasuke is after turing out to be his own brother? Nah, too corny! I think you catch my drift. Naruto is number one at suprising everyone but the audience.

(Continued in next post)

Last edited by Cait; 2004-07-21 at 03:29.
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 03:18   Link #79
Cait
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Naruto's exibition of open emotions, lovable naivete, and boundless capacity for streagnth both physical and emotional are the classic signs of an anime/manga stereotype that I like to refer to as the Innocent Hero. We see them all the time. The two most famous are Sailor Moon and Son Goku. Please don't throw rotten fruit at that. You all may detest those two characters and their respective shows, but Naruto fits side by side with them. The Innocent Hero isn't very bright, usually, until it comes to battle. The IH has a heart of gold. They are alway hungry and love food. They never seem to lack the ability to manifest power when it is needed, even if they seem to lack it on a day to day basis. Often, their true power is only revealed in battle, and when it comes to battle, the Innocent Hero always outdoes his or herself. They can ultimatly match anything they come against. And, the Innocent Hero is almost always of special, often secret origin. Goku turned out to not even be human. Sailor Moon is the Moon Princess. While being host to the nine tails could be considered a special/secret origin, this was revealed very early on in the show and seldom does the IH have all their secrets revealed right away. Usually all you get is the power maifesting itself and then you slowly trace it back to secret birthright. For the 4th to be Naruto's father, who sealed the nine tails in his son fore any reason, would play right into the stereotype. Somehow, a brother or cousin wouldn't have the same fire that the IH usually gets. Also, if he'd bound a little of himself inside Naruto when he died, then while Naruto would be an orphan, a part of his father would always be with him. So cheasy, but it would really fit. A relation like that would remind me a little of Dune and Paul-Leto II, as long as we're quoting from scifi/fantasy novels.

Newborns and Umbilical Cords

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's because many of the posters here are male or just too young to care, but an attached umbilical cord stub is not a sign of a baby that has been born within hours. The umbilical cord stub on a baby takes anywhere from 10 to 20 days to fall off. There's lots of time in there for a drama to have unfolded. To be honest I don't even see one in the anime, and Naruto does seem a little big for a newborn of less than a few days or hours. And, a baby is considered a newborn for up to four weeks. Go ahead, look it up.

It can't be just any kid!

As much as I would like to see the 4th revealed as Naruto's loving father, I have to disagree with the constant comments that someone without the same strong blood as the 4th could contain a demon. In most anime, especially Naruto, it is proved time and again that every human contains within them the potential for greatness. Bloodlines my butt! The human body is a temple and the human heart and soul contain within them limitless power. After all even Naruto's power is often tied to his emotion. From the way they present the human body and heard in Naruto, it seems to me anyone could contain a demon.

Sealed on the Battlefield

As much as people are saying that there was no way that the spirit of the fox could have been brought to Naruto rather than the other way around, I don't see how else it could have been done. The whole bit with the candles doesn's seem to be portraied as the aftermath, it seems to be the enviroment the sealing was held in.... or that at least part of it was held in.

Also, and I've never heard this, but what if the baby wasn't healthy? What if he had been injured or if he had been born with something wrong? One of the great manifestations of the nine tails power when Naruto first really began to tap into is was the insta-healing. If the 4th had known this, he could have been saving the kid's life by sealing that thing into him. That theory goes regardless of Naruto's relation to the 4th.



Anyway, thus was my take on the whole matter. Please feel free to scold me for all my lapses in knowledge. I'm very interested in this whole nature of Naruto's seal thing. Oh, and sorry that I went on about the linneage bit about as much as the logic behind sealing. They kinda intertwine, methinks.... or at least I hope they do.

Last edited by Cait; 2004-07-21 at 03:34.
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 10:13   Link #80
BlackDove
Unheard
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Sorry, just let me backtrack a little O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
(I searched) Sorry for bringing this up because it seems kind of un-answerable, but I wanted to see what other people though.

The 3rd said that when using the Death God sealing technique (sorry, dont want to look up the name), the soul is sealed within the user of the technique. If Yondaime used it on Kyuubi...how is it sealed in Naruto? I can come to my own conclusions, but again - want to see what you think.
Who said he used THAT technique on Kyubi in the first place? From Kakashi's Evil Sealer to the Death God, I'm sure there are a lot of other sealing techniques. For the sake of argument, I'm quite sure Yondaime couldn't have used the death seal on Kyubi in the first place, because the seal needs you to be physically attached to someone, which

a) we saw was untrue, he stood on Gama
b) even if he did it in that "light" we saw, I'm quite sure Kyubi would shake him easily off with one of his tails (in order to be sealed, he needs to be connected to the one who will be sealed for a period of time, be it 10 seconds, or 10 hours). Kyubi would crush him for just being touched.

I'd suggest a technique used on Gaara was used by Yondaime too. Gaara is exactly the same as Naruto, it's just that the seal used on Naruto - being that it was Yondaime's design, was somewhat superior to that of the Shukaku seal Kazekage performed. Either that, or Kazekage left Shukaku intentionally on the verge of emergance, so that Gaara would be using him unconciously.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.