AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 11:43   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably the majority of people here buy some sort of anime merchandise.
I collect the figurines, buy the soundtracks and the associated character CDs as well as the anime/manga.

I have no idea where you're at (and don't be specific) but I usually order everything online outside of the occasional visit to the Kinokinuya Bookstore in my area. The local comic/hobby shops just don't carry things I'm interested in.

I've had good luck with:
cdjapan.co.jp
www.hlj.com
amazon.co.jp
nippon-export.com

Be aware the shipping costs can sometimes exceed the price of the item. Try to bundle up orders so that the shipping is less expensive per item.

I have no idea what sort of career would be involved here. Its a money and time sink like most hobbies. Turning items over on ebay is the only revenue generating stream I can think of.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:43   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Considering I'm deathly afraid of using my credit card (must be my parent's fault for hammering it to my brain that it is teh evil), I only buy stuff unless it's really really hard to get. For example, Hirameki's games, and even then I buy from them maybe once a year. The rest I wait for conventions, since a) I'm already going to them anyway and b) they're cheaper if you don't figure in the admission cost to the convention.

Basically all I get are mangas (only entire sets at once, I hate buying them one by one), box sets (same reason for mangas), and games (and yes, some english translated ero-games as well, since some of the have a REALLY good story like Kana, Crescendo, Figures of Happiness). I don't buy other stuff because sadly, I do have another hobby (Magic: the gathering), which really is my main hobby.

And seeing as that hobby is my main one, I try to remain competitive. As anyone who has played Standard format for the past year would know, the mana base alone costs up to $200 for some decks, so it was really expensive this season...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 08:18   Link #43
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran

Not necessarily girl masks. Shonen heroes like naruto or Ichigo gonna look really kewl in parties
(remember the naruto movie special previews with the little girl and the fat guy)

Anyone knows where I can get stuffs like these?
Any stores that sells one?

thx
I think that people shouldn't dress in ways such as these are shown here. It's rather replusive because from the 2-D world in which they came from are just better suited for them. Never mind, it's just plain creepy.

Answer - Check Ebay, than froogle, if no luck come and ask here. Hongfire is good place too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Probably the majority of people here buy some sort of anime merchandise.
I collect the figurines, buy the soundtracks and the associated character CDs as well as the anime/manga.

I have no idea where you're at (and don't be specific) but I usually order everything online outside of the occasional visit to the Kinokinuya Bookstore in my area. The local comic/hobby shops just don't carry things I'm interested in.

I've had good luck with:
cdjapan.co.jp
www.hlj.com
amazon.co.jp
nippon-export.com

Be aware the shipping costs can sometimes exceed the price of the item. Try to bundle up orders so that the shipping is less expensive per item.

I have no idea what sort of career would be involved here. Its a money and time sink like most hobbies. Turning items over on ebay is the only revenue generating stream I can think of.
Japan Amazon don't ship PVCs to where I live, so it's basically a useless site to me. I haven't checked out the art books from there yet though.

ps: Still can't find a wall scroll of Yuzuki from Chobits

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 05:18   Link #44
GoTz
Deleted

Anime Lighters

So...I'm interested in buying a zippo style lighter and I thought "hey wouldn't it be fun to buy one of a good anime i've watched..." anyone know of a place online i could see the best/nicest/most durable/top quality lighters?

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 18:46   Link #45
asgeras

Pani Poni Dash Wallscrolls

Can't find one anywhere and they probably don't even exist. I've been searching for a Pani Poni Dash wallscroll for a while now, checking my usual anime strores (animecornerstore, animecastle, etc), and even googling.

Nothing...

Any help you could give would be awesome!!! Thanks!
asgeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:54   Link #46
Fullmetal_Axel
Disgaea Fan

www.animecastle.com
Fullmetal_Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 19:55   Link #47
k0p4n

naruto's sleeping cap and frog wallet

ive been looking for this through ebay and google and amazon and all those other sites but i cant find the official one...

im sure naruto fans know wat im talking about...the black night cap thing naruto wears whenever we see him waking up in the anime

anyway...the caps on ebay seem so fake...like they're going to fall off...it looks like the went to some arts and crafts store to buy
the cheap fabric used in elementary school to make those things...

does anyone know the site where they sell these...i also went to the american naruto site that has the shop and it was sold out...
but that too seems so fake...anyone know where i can find it?

-edit-
how bout the frog wallet naruto has?
i want the officials because i dont want to be jipped with some hat and wallet that would fall apart

Last edited by k0p4n; 2007-02-19 at 20:18. Reason: added
k0p4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 09:38   Link #48
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Flying Doraemon RC toy!

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/product_i...roducts_id=259

I hope this is in the right section, since it's both anime and toy. *shrug* Either way, I found it while reading an artilcle about a set of headphones. This is really kind of neat, so I thought I'd share.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 12:00   Link #49
Mr JeburtO

new help finding some figures

Well i was looking around for some Azumanga Daioh figures and all i could find was this image.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...TO/figures.jpg

if anyone has any information about these figures, or can translate to gather any information then i will be very happy
Mr JeburtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 16:15   Link #50
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Using this Ebay auctions as examples, they are quite hard and rare to find. Some of them.

Twin White Cats which is priced at $150.00 USD.

Not sure if this is that weird yellow cat thing but it could be it.

Gotta go now, i'll be back on later to do more research for you.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-03-07, 17:37   Link #51
Mr JeburtO

tah very much, but maybe i should clarify im not interested in the cats just the girls
Mr JeburtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 05:10   Link #52
xzer0joker

I've recently gotten into buying anime figures, but I've been wondering, are there any good sites where you can trade or sell your figures, besides ebay?
xzer0joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 01:50   Link #53
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

These are all commercial sites. There are more, but these are pretty much the biggest starting from Ebay from the top and going down to the lowest. So if you want to start start from ubid.com.
  • eBay
  • uBid
  • Bidz.com
  • Yahoo Auctions
  • MSN Auctions
  • Amazon.com Auctions
  • Auctionweiser
  • AuctionAddict
  • Auction-Warehouse
  • AuctioNet.com
  • Auctions.com
  • Dealspin
  • FairAuction
  • Auctionscape
  • Internet Auction List
  • It's Gotta Go
  • BuyitSellit
  • Auctionguide.com
  • AuctionPort
  • Xuppa Auctions

Old 2007-03-15, 17:54   Link #54
Epi
Otaku++

Neko-Hat

I have been furiously searching for this ever since I failed to buy one at an anime convention last year. I've looked everywhere, and thought that perhaps here would be a good place to ask. I hope this is the correct subforum!

I am looking for a cat ears/animal ears touque (wool hat). I have no idea where I can get one that isn't either for babies or has some corporate logo on it (I know the "Emily" hats have ears, but they also have that Emily logo I don't want). Does anyone know any place in Toronto, Canada where I could get this type of hat, or perhaps an online store that would sell something like this? You can PM me, if you're not allowed to 'advertise' as a response. And yes, I've tried eBay and their hats are ugly, not like the ones sold at CN Anime last year.

Thanks!
Epi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 19:49   Link #55
azupanda

Send a message via AIM to azupanda Send a message via MSN to azupanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi View Post
I have been furiously searching for this ever since I failed to buy one at an anime convention last year. I've looked everywhere, and thought that perhaps here would be a good place to ask. I hope this is the correct subforum!

I am looking for a cat ears/animal ears touque (wool hat). I have no idea where I can get one that isn't either for babies or has some corporate logo on it (I know the "Emily" hats have ears, but they also have that Emily logo I don't want). Does anyone know any place in Toronto, Canada where I could get this type of hat, or perhaps an online store that would sell something like this? You can PM me, if you're not allowed to 'advertise' as a response. And yes, I've tried eBay and their hats are ugly, not like the ones sold at CN Anime last year.

Thanks!
Errrrrm have you looked here:
http://kawaiinekohat.com/KNH/pages/stockhats.html

Not to sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's all that I could find.

~Panda
azupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:17   Link #56
Epi
Otaku++

^^ Thank you very much!
Old 2007-03-15, 22:35   Link #57
azupanda

Send a message via AIM to azupanda Send a message via MSN to azupanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi View Post
^^ Thank you very much!
No problem ^___^.
My friend bought a hat off there a week or so ago.

~Panda
azupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:39   Link #58
Epi
Otaku++

Hmm seems like these hats don't fold down that well, I wonder if there are hats out there that fold down to cover ears for those cold days... Anyone know?
Old 2007-03-15, 23:08   Link #59
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Discontinued figure being sold online. Should I trust the site?

As the topic states... I have found a figure that has been discontinued by the manufacture. I just emailed the site and here's there response.

Quote:
Hello Justin,

Yes, you are correct.
In fact this Rin figure is similar to this Saber figure here
http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=451

They are both discontinued figures in Japan, these are re-manufactured
for US market by Kotobukiya.
They are exactly the same as the Japanese, but half of the price, just
like all the Bome figures.

Ivy

Justin To wrote:

>From: Justin To
>Email: justinto1@gmail.com
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>
>Dear ToysLogic,
>
>I would like to confirm availability of this figure:
>http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=450
>
>According to the manufacture, that figure has been discontinued.
>
>Thank You.
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 06:13   Link #60
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

What exactly are you trying to say or state? I'm not sure.

oooohhh... I see now after i read it 4 times more. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by azupanda View Post
Errrrrm have you looked here:
http://kawaiinekohat.com/KNH/pages/stockhats.html

Not to sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's all that I could find.

~Panda
Those are pretty much modified beanies >.<

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-03-16 at 09:41.

Tags
anime shopping