AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 09:38   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Katteni Kaizou

well, kinda wondering if anyone else here has read this manga series. Definitely one of the craziest, most immoral, most genius, funniest, and greatest manga ever.

Too bad it ended all too early because of pressures from the manga magazine company and various other sources...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 10:27   Link #2
stpehen
kisses for all

Kaizo has more than its share of crazy and brilliant humor. However... I'm amazed it got as far as it did, with the methods that the author used to create new material. I lost interest after a while, but I can only assume that it got uchikiri-d because he was running out of steam. It would be a good manga to compile a "best of" collection for, assuming one had the drive to actually translate it.
Old 2004-07-20, 11:00   Link #3
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Kaizo has more than its share of crazy and brilliant humor. However... I'm amazed it got as far as it did, with the methods that the author used to create new material. I lost interest after a while, but I can only assume that it got uchikiri-d because he was running out of steam. It would be a good manga to compile a "best of" collection for, assuming one had the drive to actually translate it.
Well, the manga ended not because of the author running out of idea or anything, but because he was told to end it by the magazine. Well, I guess the ending chapters could be said as his retort to those who force him to end it.
Old 2004-07-20, 11:14   Link #4
Yxy
chaunen...

Just read the first 6 chapters of vol 1 and I must say that this is one of the most screwed up manga I've ever seen

Is it published in chinese, btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Well, the manga ended not because of the author running out of idea or anything, but because he was told to end it by the magazine. Well, I guess the ending chapters could be said as his retort to those who force him to end it.
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 11:24   Link #5
dreamless

there are 11 volumes in chinese I think, and some fan scanslated chapters here and there...
Old 2004-07-20, 11:27   Link #6
stpehen
kisses for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I was inferring that his series got canned because he was running out of ideas and thus its popularity/sales was waning. Magazines don't just tell veteran authors they have to stop out of the blue, unless there are extreme circumstances (see Shimaboo).
Old 2004-07-20, 15:23   Link #7
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i just read the first couple of chapters to be exact (chapter1-6 of vol 1) and (chapter4-5-9 of vol 2) to bad there are ony 2 groups scanning it one of them lost interest (as stpehen said) the other is just doing it randomly (mooninite)

but that kaiou is one crazy guy
Old 2008-04-21, 23:54   Link #8
ellifeedn
Thinker

I understand this was made by the same guy who made Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and I'd like to know what this series is about.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 19:56   Link #9
myopius

ellifeedn, it's about a high school kid named Kaizo with a bizarre yet very serious personality, and a few of his classmates who are also fairly unique people. The narrative style is a lot like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but it's a more silly than socially relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU
The story follows the crazy misadventures of Kaizo Katsu, a former child prodigy turned weirdo after his female childhood friend, Umi, kicked him off a jungle gym in the playground, and he got a huge bump in the head.

With this set up, Kaizo (believes he is a cyborg) and his classmates, Umi (will go revealing her dark side with every chapter), Suzu, and Chitan(an inferior being?), will treat in every chapter a different topic of life with the hilarious and interesting way of thinking of the author Kumeta. The attacks of different geniuses/weirdos will create a lot of funny situations.
Spoiler:
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote