AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-21, 14:02   Link #1
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Arrow Looking for anime written by the person(s) who wrote Escaflowne...

I know it's almost ten years since Vision of Escaflowne came out initially... however... I re-watched the entire series again just recently and I realized that it was really well written... the story/plot/characters were crafted together nicely... I was really impressed!

I am looking for anime that has been written by the person or persons who wrote Vision of Escaflowne... any suggestions? licensed and unlicensed suggestions are welcome...

thanks!
Old 2004-07-21, 14:36   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

My suggestion is to check Anime News Network and AnimeNfo for the writing credits. You can click the staff member names and get resumes. For some shows the credits lists are incomplete and there are probably some mistakes for some shows (which is why it's best to check both sites), but for an older licensed show like that I am pretty sure the right information would be there.
Old 2004-07-21, 14:56   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, check some anime info site. there are more than one script writers for Escalflowne. The only one I can remember from the top of my head is that the one who made Earth Girl Arjuna was also involved in Escaflowne... And that Watanabe Shinichiro directed Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne and Samurai Champloo...
Old 2004-07-21, 15:06   Link #4
jennwenn

Go out right now and buy/rent Heatguy J! Run, go get ITTTTTTT! Its amazing, featuring the same director and character designer as Escaflowne. The last volume just came out on DVD.

A truly worthy successor to Escaflowne. This series has great characters, great art, great music, great plot. I'm on the fifth DVD and the story just had big twist.
Old 2004-07-21, 17:00   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Heat Guy J looks and sounds pretty interesting... I'm prolly gonna check my local Blockbuster/Rogers and try to rent it first... hopefully they have it in stock... cuz I definitely won't be able to buy it till a couple months from now... Last Exile and FMP! took most of my flow...

thanks for the suggestions everyone....
Old 2004-07-21, 18:59   Link #6
Za Paper

Does heatguy J undergo a 180 degree change in story? I watched about 13 eps and I thought it was kind of boring. When does the continuous plotline kick in?
Old 2004-07-22, 00:07   Link #7
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Does heatguy J undergo a 180 degree change in story? I watched about 13 eps and I thought it was kind of boring. When does the continuous plotline kick in?
Well, I wouldn't say 180 degree turn but the continuous plotline kicks in right after 13. I'll try and be general here: major charcters die and/or nearly die, you learn about the pasts of major characters and how it ties into the future, relationships go a step further, climactic battle is slowly building up, MAJOR betrayal, and the balance of power in the city shifts.

The general tone and style of the series are still the same though, so if you thought the first 13 episodes were boring, you'd probably feel the same way about the rest. I loved this show from the beginning, so think its worth a rental at least.
Closed Thread