AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 14:14   Link #1
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

My first tracker, need some help!

Hello everyone, I just setup my first tracker ever and I am tracking a few torrents right now. I don't know if this is a tracker related problem but it seems that I cannot allow remote connections to these torrents that I'm seeding using BitTornado experimental client. So basically BitTornado says that I'm firewalled because that status lights remains yellow. I have tried downloading other torrents not tracked by my tracker and they all seem to funtion correctly ie the status lights are green and in the advance tab I can see remote connections.

My setup:
I'm on a network using a Linksys cable router

1. The tracker is setup on one of my servers with port 6969 forwarded to it

2. The PC I'm using to seed the torrents tracked on my tracker has ports 7001-7050 forwarded and configured in BitTornado's port range.

Now is this happening because I'm running a tracker on my network? Anyone have an idea whats going on.
Old 2004-07-21, 16:11   Link #2
warnold
nerfelwap

If both your client and your tracker are behind the same firewall/NAT device then you need to do special things to the client (and sometimes the firewall) to allow them to work.

You need to
1) tell the client to declare that it's using the externally visible IP address when it's communicating with the tracker, instead of just letting the tracker pick it from the connection info.
2) you need to get the tracker to trust the info the client is sending it. (the mainline tracker will trust the client if the client's IP is in one of the ranges reserved for use on local networks) I don't know about your tracker.

I don't know how to do 1 in BitTornado.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 06:50   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnold
If both your client and your tracker are behind the same firewall/NAT device then you need to do special things to the client (and sometimes the firewall) to allow them to work.

You need to
1) tell the client to declare that it's using the externally visible IP address when it's communicating with the tracker, instead of just letting the tracker pick it from the connection info.
2) you need to get the tracker to trust the info the client is sending it. (the mainline tracker will trust the client if the client's IP is in one of the ranges reserved for use on local networks) I don't know about your tracker.

I don't know how to do 1 in BitTornado.

--
-billy-
I'm running Trinitys BNBT EasyTracker 7.7 Beta. Ok...so what BT client would you know how to set this up to work correctly?
Old 2004-07-29, 12:07   Link #4
warnold
nerfelwap

In azureus it's Configuration->Server->"Override IP address sent to tracker"-><ipaddr>
In the origional client it's the command line option --ip <ipaddr>

Those are the only one's I know.

(<ipaddr> is your externally visable IP address.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 15:24   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I found the option in the advance tab where I can input my external IP address to report to the tracker. It works fine now, thanks for your help.