AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-03, 11:45   Link #221
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
lol what would u do if u wake in the morning and see a catgirl on ur bed
Aaaaaaaaaa, please don't say that. Your making me upset becasuse they don't really exist. I would absolutely love that! I would be like "here kitty kitty kitty!" Haha.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 12:56   Link #222
Dxon
Inactive user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Aaaaaaaaaa, please don't say that. Your making me upset becasuse they don't really exist. I would absolutely love that! I would be like "here kitty kitty kitty!" Haha.
I might try to infuse cat DNA with human DNA when I'm older and a super scientist.

I'll update you about it when I did it right.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 20:37   Link #223
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

^

LOL dude i will make a DNA splicer machine before you do that ahhha when i bevome a super engineer hahahaha

I WILL MAKE CAT GIRL that ill be LOLI FOREVER OR A TEENAGER FOREVER AHHAHA or some bunny girls or wolf girls

depending on the wants of the client hahaha
Old 2008-03-25, 00:51   Link #224
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I'm going to bump this and post http://kemonomimi.pipefox.org/ again. I've done some backend work on it so it should be faster and generally more responsive. Especially when the archive gets bigger. So all fans of catgirls and other assorted mimis rejoice. Now I just need to figure out the whole RSS deal. >.<
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 01:07   Link #225
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (also known as the Sailor Moon Live Action series) had Sailor Luna, Luna in human form. She looked like a pre-teen girl with cat ears so I would guess she counts as a catgirl.
Old 2008-03-25, 01:29   Link #226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The mochi-pounding bunny-eared girl under the full moon is cute (though not particularly my cup of tea).
Old 2008-03-25, 01:55   Link #227
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The mochi-pounding bunny-eared girl under the full moon is cute (though not particularly my cup of tea).
Yeah, it verges on NSFW with her outfit. I try to keep the site clean, but it can be difficult while maintaining themes. Some pics will be a little ecchi just to fit in to the theme for the week. My host (a friend who owns the domain) has demanded I put in several NSFW themes too, but they're few and far between. ^^; I have a few friends help me with picture selection and arranging themes, so I don't end up posting lots of dumb stuff. Other opinions are always good; and I'm always open to theme suggestions.
Old 2008-03-25, 02:10   Link #228
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Yeah, it verges on NSFW with her outfit. I try to keep the site clean, but it can be difficult while maintaining themes. Some pics will be a little ecchi just to fit in to the theme for the week. My host (a friend who owns the domain) has demanded I put in several NSFW themes too, but they're few and far between. ^^; I have a few friends help me with picture selection and arranging themes, so I don't end up posting lots of dumb stuff. Other opinions are always good; and I'm always open to theme suggestions.
Well, there definitely are a couple of NSFW pictures in there.

Also, this one is so cute.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 03:08   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
oh I didn't think her outfit was too edgy ... I'm just not a fan of "mega-absurd anatomically-unreal boobs" ... the ones that people draw that crawl up over the collar bone or aren't correlated with what the body is doing. That's just not how they work. That was my only complaint about the moon bunny pic... (22March)

I'm actually surprised there's so little Horo in Feb/Mar ... but then we've got plenty of Horo elsewhere.

the 25March image is really just pretty (especially the leaves and yukata).
Old 2008-03-25, 04:12   Link #230
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I try not to reuse the same chars too much. Though I've probably used Horo more than any other over the year. (2008 is fully plotted out) but Horo is just that awesome.

As for the breasts thing, yeah, that bugs me too, but it's fairly common in the artwork. A lot of artists don't seem to have seen real ones before. I generally try to avoid bad art, but I can forgive some poorer aspects if the overall image is decent, and if I'm running low on anything suited to the week's theme (usagi are the hardest, I have a half dozen themes just missing an usamimi) so sometimes I settle for slightly lower quality images.

And yeah, tiachopvutru, there has been one NSFW week so far this year, and a couple random images that are questionable. As I said though, it's a demand from my host (he wanted me to do a parallel H site, which is just far too much effort since I barely even collect ecchi art let alone H, so he settled for a few NSFW themes a year.)
Old 2008-05-18, 09:21   Link #231
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Bump for great justice. I updated the archive: http://kemonomimi.pipefox.org/index.php?archive=1 recently so that the weeks are separated by the themes they're centred around, and have been given NSFW and questionable tags when appropriate (such as last week, which is why I didn't bump ths then even though I did the archive overhaul last Monday. >.>)

The index; http://kemonomimi.pipefox.org/ now lists the theme in the title, with the date, and has the tag above the image, as well. But I recommend using the archive as a bookmark (if you're gracious enough to return) if you use a computer where the tags may come in handy, ie. a public, work, school or family machine where others may see and question you looking at lolis or nudity etc. Though the NSFW themes are few and far between, as I've previously stated. The warnings are there all the same. ^^

I also regularly update the about page with links for further reading, and internal links to mimis from anime, as they become available over the themes. Though that page has the least views of any on the site, even 404 has more hits from people trying to dig where they shouldn't.

As always, all feedback is appreciated (PM me, post here, whatever ^^) I'm constantly working to improve the overall quality, especially as the archive grows. A new picture every day is slow but steady, I hope to keep it running for many years, so some day the archive will be thousands of pictures long like APOD which inspired me. ^^
Old 2008-05-18, 13:40   Link #232
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its certainly on my bookmarks ... there are a lot of "archives" out there but most of them seem to have no sense of quality control (no, sorry its not 'all good' --- my drawing sucks and I'll say so).

Thanks for your hard work
Old 2008-05-18, 15:42   Link #233
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
I think you should at least show the artist's name for the sake of minimal respect required in an artististic context...

I immediately notice the picture titled 26th of April 2008 is the work by 天砂晃成. Perhaps all pictures can be traced back to the authors.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 17:50   Link #234
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
I think you should at least show the artist's name for the sake of minimal respect required in an artististic context...

I immediately notice the picture titled 26th of April 2008 is the work by 天砂晃成. Perhaps all pictures can be traced back to the authors.
As I state in the about page, I collect pictures from over a dozen different image boards, most of which don't have any such info. Such a task is impossible. I'd rather do an all or nothing, since I can't list them all, I'll stick with nothing. It's not like I'm making money off it. Just sharing better (usually) quality kemonomimi art in a vaguely organised fashion.

Really, I do wish I could credit every artist, but it truly is an impossible task given the nature of the internet.
Old 2008-05-18, 23:09   Link #235
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just stick a note to the effect that "if anyone has information or the name of the artist" drop you a comment and you'll take it into consideration (after all -- it is possible to miscredit and better no credit than the wrong credit).
Old 2008-05-19, 20:15   Link #236
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

That's an idea, but given few people even give feedback, I can't really count on people trying to figure out which artists are responsible.

Anyway, some images have a little artist 'watermark' or 'tag' which can help identify them, though they seem strangely uncommon for some reason. I'm not sure if they're removed before being uploaded to most image boards or what. I do leave them intact, but the year so far only has a ~dozen. It's obvious for the game CGs, but a lot more picures should have them, I imagine. Every artist I've ever worked with has always tagged their work. >.<
Old 2008-05-20, 12:27   Link #237
Amray

I have so very many pictures of Catgirls. I love them!!! XD
They are pretty awesome, and cute to the extreme!! There are tonnes of galleries full of them.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:41   Link #238
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Just a minor update, there is now a wallpaper filer in the archive, for the monthly 1920x1200 images. A theme filter will be added in the near (figuratively) future, but it's been low priority since theme titles are already listed on the main archive page anyway. But it's a nice addition as the site grows, especially after we roll over in to next year. ^^;

I thank the handful of return visitors that originated from Suki. The site hasn't been doing quite as well as I had hoped (100 daily visitors... barely average 50 on a good week), but there are a few return visitors who originated from AS. I appreciate the continued support from the few. The return visitors are what make it worthwhile to bother assembling the themes this site is focused on. ^^;
Old 2008-10-22, 22:33   Link #239
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Gently bumping this thread, I'd like some feedback from the people who have visited the site from here (Vexx and whoever else are regular visitors) concerning a layout change today.

A number of people have complained that the nav bar 'jumps around' making it difficult to just repeatedly click back, as when a scroll bar appears when an image is too tall for the browser's resolution, the entire page's contents shift a few px, then shifts back when the scrollbar disappears. The effects of this vary greatly depending on browser and resolution, but it was a bother to a number of people.

I've investigated numerous options on how to fix this, but the best I can come up with is to force the scroll bar to always be present even if the image isn't taller than the browser window. This leaves a lot of white space under some images. But the navbar works perfectly (aside from first pic and most recent, once you're in to the whole year it's static). It's an inelegant solution but it seems the best I can do to fix the navbar which is quite a large gripe among visitors.

So, http://kemonomimi.pipefox.org/ -- check out the new design and let me know if the permabar bothers you more than the jumpy navigation. I apologise for bumping this thread but it's relevant and I want feedback since some of my return visitors are from AS. ^^;
Old 2008-10-23, 00:17   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally I think the solution is fine -- and its simple (as opposed to some nasty frame or flash solution).