|2004-07-23, 22:22||Link #1|
10 Things that makes you happy and sad
Well its been a while since I have made one of my nutty post, so heres a new one. What are the top ten things that make you happy and top ten things that make you sad. I'll go first.
10 Things that make me Happy :
10. Realizing that I'am still young and still have a chance to decide how I want to live my life and guide my future.
9. Getting Drunk (This is one is a double standard)
8. Learning things about almost anything, I love to learn.
7. watching the sun rise and set
6. I love moderate weather thats not too hot and not too cold
5. A confortable sleep in which I don't toss and turn
4. People that can relate to me
3. Working with my fansubbing group
2. Watching anime (Anime has definetly affected my life in a great and postive way, its helped me get through some troubling times and has taken me on numerous adventures that I could never have traveled otherwise)
1. Waking up in the morning and knowing I'am still alive (This definetly is a recent addition to the list, I guess as you get older you value life more)
10 Things that Make me Sad :
10. Getting questions wrong
9. Tv Re-runs
8. Hurting others (I hate to cause others any type of pain, physically or emotionally)
7. Current World Politics (Example: Iraq politics) and oppression of any kind
6. watching others suffer
4. being powerless to help others
3.being powerless to help myself
2. Feeling depressed (sometimes caused by getting drunk, its a 50\50)
1. Being Alone (I always tell people that I want to be left alone, but I think the fear of being alone scares me the most, in the end everyone needs someone.)
Well here you have it my list of the ten things that make me happy and sad. Lets hear yours.
|2004-07-23, 22:35||Link #2|
Back From The Dead?
Join Date: Apr 2003
Hm, seems interesting. Hopefully it doesn't get closed!!
1. Nice People: Yep, when I see someone that is very nice I can't help feel overly happy inside, and I instantly want to be their freind
2. People who stand up for others: Basically the same as really nice people, but not a lot of people have the will to stand up for people (IRL life more so then the net)
3. Certain People *blush*, just being around or talking to them makes me overly happy, which is good!
4. Dawn/Dusk: The orange color is very calming, I can't help but smile even if I am in a horrid mood.
5. People who believe in themselves. I like people who keep on trying no matter what! (as long as it doesn't get messy)
1. Trend followers, like robots...sad really. Acting and dressing like someone your not is just plain not cool.
2. People who put others down, I can't stand people who make others feel inferior!!
3. People who think they are better then everyone else, *sigh* I know a lot of people like this
4. Homophobes, god...I don't understand them, someone being gay doesn't affect their life so why does it matter to them? Because some religion says it's wrong doesn't mean you should hate it. Pah!
5. Overly religious people (no offence to anyone!!). I tjust bothers me, the really religious ones, who don't celebrate Christmas because its not the right birth of christ T_Tor something along those lines
sorry, only five!
|2004-07-23, 22:57||Link #3|
Join Date: Jul 2004
2.Romantic movies in which they live happily ever after
3.Natural stuff like rainbows
4.The Starbucks guy in Los Angeles
6.dreams in which i get to either fly or fall ((theyre both fun))
7.Little details a guy can do to make a girl happy, and big ones which only happen on movies
2. People who ruin a peoples life for a laugh.
3. 2 week love
6. my art teacher
7. being with people but feeling alone
8. tuna and pumpkin
9. any digestive upset
|2004-07-23, 22:58||Link #4|
1.) Dreaming. (see signature)
2.) Watching children play (if you forget the fact that I hate kids.)
3.) Watching someone walk away with a smile.
4.) Reading a good book. (Goes hand in hand with dreaming.)
5.) Settling back against a tree, listening to the birds sing.
6.) The smell of dew in the morning.
7.) The feel of a coming storm, like just before it breaks (for that hour or two ahead of time. Never took the time to just stop and experience it? You should.)
8.) Hiking a trail... especially one in the mountains.
9.) Night. (Other screen name is NightSlave. Night has a very special feel to it, too. Because you can't see anything, you can really start to hear, smell, and feel what's going on around you.)
10.) Walking in the graveyard. (I know this sounds strange, but it's really a peaceful experience. There are stone monuments everywhere, (sometimes) with beautiful statues. And there's this slightly unsettling feeling... but very peaceful at the same time. Just the feeling that something is out of the ordinary. The best experience of my life was walking in the graveyard at 1 o'clock in the morning, when a storm broke overhead. Now THAT was an experience.)
11.) My cats.
1.) Going to work. (Being a cashier for a living really sucks tush.)
2.) Watching children (or pets) cry, misbehave, or (especially) get hurt.
3.) Other people. Especially the ones that get mad at me.
4.) Watching someone tear down a tree to build something. (At least 30 years went into the making of that tree... and they destroy it overnight to build something in 3 months)
5.) Watching people fight.
6.) People in general.
7.) World Politics. This should really go into slot 1, but, well...
8.) People who can't keep their temper under some semblance of control.
10.) Stupidity. Just the inability to think things through.
|2004-07-23, 23:17||Link #5|
Join Date: Apr 2003
2. Having my mom and dad (I think having divorced parents is one the worst thing in the world.
3 .Watching anime
4. The moon in winter
5.Seeing my friends smiles
6. A good argumentation
7. Showing that im better than someone (what, never said that only positive stuff could make you happy)
8. Assembling a computer
9. the smell of coffee in the morning
10. Seeing someone I hate suffering
1. Being ignored
2. Being repressed
3. Being used by someone
4. People who are too cheerful
5. People who opressed other people for no reasons
6. People who act stupid to be popular
7. High temperature (above 30 celsius is unbereable and quite depressing for me)
8. Being Wrong
9. People that dont get sarcasm
10. People who ignores my point of view
11. The list can go on, at first it makes me sad, then I use my sadness to anger technique and I shout it right back.(too bad you cant change the weather...)
|2004-07-23, 23:17||Link #6|
Ed & Winry? :O
10 Things that make me Happy:
- Winning in sports (rugby, football, cricket) - playing or spectating.
- Beer after hard work. (Carlton Draught, Guinness, Kilkenny, & Heineken).
- Successful exam results.
- One-on-one fair biff.
- My wife.
10 Things that Make me Sad:
- Losing in sports (rugby, football, cricket) - playing or spectating.
- Cheap shots during biff.
- Attempted humour by an individual.
- George W. Bush (US).
- John Howard (Australia).
- Bogans & yobbos.
- Toothless football/rugby supporters.
|2004-07-23, 23:48||Link #7|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada eh?
1.learning, but only if I am able to understand.
2.making other people happy, within certain limits.
3.watching anime, probably my #1.
4.using the computer, unless windows decides to act up.
5.knowing that there are people out there just like me.
6.asians, I seem to identify with them better.
7.friends, for obvious reasons.
8.seeing my hard work pay off.
9.money, not many people out there that hate getting money.
10.dreams, I rarely have nightmares, and since I dream every night, thats alot of good dreams
1.the end of an anime, the saddest thing for me, other than a loved one dying.
2.loved ones dying.
5.disabled, I just can't help feeling sad for them.
6.hurtful comments, who wouldn't be sad?
7.money, money can also make you sad, especially if you don't have enough.
8.sad movies, but not all, only if I identify with the characters. I am a sensitive guy, and no im not gay, I know thats a popular stereotype with sensitive men.
9.things I can do nothing about.
10.death, my death.
|2004-07-24, 00:08||Link #8|
I'm Gonna change the list a little into Things that make me happy and sad at the same time
In no particular order:
- A career. I'm looking forward to making lots of money, but at the same time it seems like an awfully monotinous way to spend half my life.
- Girlfriends. Can't live with em... can't live without em
- Fansubs. Great to watch.... painful to wait a week for the next one.
- Computer/video games. Lots of fun, but sometimes I really need to get out more
|2004-07-24, 00:19||Link #9|
|2004-07-24, 01:31||Link #10|
Weapon of Mass Discussion
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Just what we need: a listing thread. Sorry, but we like threads to discuss topics not make lists. That's why we created the rule against "What type are you" threads. See the Forum Rules for details. Like anyone ever actually reads the whole thing...
Anyway if you don't have the patience to read it all then just skip down to the 12th Commandment and you'll see what I am talking about you impatient slobs.