AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-24, 18:37   Link #1
aliensquare
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Incheon
Age: 27
Exclamation there's an imposter in animesuki forum

hey everyone!
id like to inform you about something really important.
there's a imposter among our forums.

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THING WITH LINKS!

after a quarrell in the topic, which can be seen here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...493#post262493

well, i've been sitting quietly and i was letting "him or her" (S7Ev3n) get away for

posting pictures of other people and claiming it was her, and getting

praised for it and making up stories to back up her pictures.

S7Ev3n's Profile

The girl in the pictures you saw of S7Ev3n is Shin Sol Gi.
here are some sites that has galleries of her images:

http://kr.imagedir.yahoo.com/isurf/8...mgthumb_0.html

this is her personal internet cafe for her pics and fans:
http://cafe.daum.net/ShinSolKi
it has over 17,000 members currently.

another extra link to be sure:
empas.com's celebrity listing search result


recognize her from somewhere?
let's check the "Post a Photo of Yourself" thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...094#post244094
say hello to the imposter!


http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...930#post186930
oh~ is that YOU in that school uniform? really?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...9601#post99601
i, myself, am a korean-US-citizen student going to a foreign school in korea,

and none of the foreign schools here have uniforms. sorry! only public korean

schools do.





http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...770#post245770
boyfriend huh? oh look at that, adding in a little comment like "he's not my

lover". haha, you've got a great sense of humor!



http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...284#post198284
this imposter obvisouly thought we were fools. posting pictures of the most

famous korean "online-celebrity for cute face". obviously since she's only a

internet-celebrity, you thought people won't recognize her now, would we?


adding on to the stereotype that white people think all asians look the same,

S7Ev3n takes her chance to bravely post pictures of someone ELSE!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...890#post101890

not even ShinSolGi, but someone else! wow ur pretty brave. it's quiet amazing

how nobody found out that those pictures were 2 different people and not like

the ones she has been posting.




http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...947#post176947
BS! you can just go on yahoo.co.kr and search for the celebrity's name and get

tons of more pictures of her!
wonder why u didnt post more?
feeling guilty yet? fooling everyone here, you had fun right?


http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...851#post187851
and then she goes on saying 'thanks' to everyone for praising "her" looks.

let's hear the comments of people whove seen these pictures.
LynnieS: Very nice photos.
SunTze: *Dies* CUTE X_X
PriestessKikyo: nice pics ^^
Bun-kun: always cute
Sakaki: I really like your hair
silentpixel: i was still drooling over S7ev3n

and lastly:
skyrii: I think you're good enough to be an Idol In korea

(hmm... maybe she is?)

Kimura-sensei: You're Korean? Nice to meet a fellow Korean anime otaku on

these boards.

(a korean imposter i believe. not that nice to meet)


it's a shame to the koreans in the anime community.
and we're not even sure if S7Ev3n is a male or female!
because it would only make more sense if a guy was looking up pictures of

cute girls, other than a girl looking up pictures of other girls.
would you still say this:
silentpixel: i was still drooling over S7ev3n
-_-;;
maybe you should rephrase the sentence and say:
silentpixel: i was still drooling over "the pictures" and not the imposter


oh, and PS to Princess of Hell:
this is what you wrote:

S7EV3n posted a lot of pics of herself and yes, in her own home too and also
her younger self pics so don't say that it isn't her cuz it is. I think
msgpoisoning is a newb who doesn't know anything about Animesuki members
or doesn't even look at the earlier parts of the thread. It may be someone who
is trying to start something on purpose to close this thread or want to see a
flame war happen. I know one idiot on here who tried to do that once and he
used two forum names too.
S7EV3n is cute and lovely, so no wonder why people think she is a celeb. :-P


this is my answer: "..."

Navi en Grey: the dude who said she got a pic from a celebrity pic is an idiot

my answer: "..."


yea... ShinSolGi is pretty cute right?
there are many people in korea trying to be the best looking.
korea is going down the drain.
anywho, its really pathetic to steal someone elses picture and say it is yourself. even for months with hundreds of post!
what do you think?

(if u are really really gullible enough to think that maybe the celebrity is actually here on the forums, we can ask her to take a picture of herself holding a piece of paper that reads "animesuki" or something specific like that. very simple!)

this is directly to S7Ev3n:
i am a big fan of ShinSolGi.
i was thinking of you as some guy who wanted to make a joke out of one single post, but then you kept on going and decieving all the honest people in animesuki.
i think that is wrong. i think you should go back and erase the pictures you posted up. that would be the least you can do now. thanks

Last edited by aliensquare; 2004-07-24 at 19:04.
aliensquare is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 18:43   Link #2
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex, UK
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
maybe she just likes going on forums? so what if the so called imposter really is her? maybe its good to have a star on the forums, who actually admits to being them

when was the internet only for non famous people?
__________________
hobbs is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 18:50   Link #3
aliensquare
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Incheon
Age: 27
maybe we can ask her to take a picture of herself holding a piece of paper that reads "animesuki"
or something specific like that. very simple!
aliensquare is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 18:51   Link #4
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
eh ... what the jeebus is going on :/
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 18:54   Link #5
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Hmmmm that is pretty interesting! Lots of people admired the pictures she posted...I guess It wasn't very nice to deceive people like that but yeah It is not that big a deal. That person is pretty regardless
Thanks for pointing that out by the way! I also found out something similar with another user while browsing faceparty but I wont say who.

^___^


EDIT
Of course, if it -is- actually her then you have my apologies...but I agree...a piece of paper saying Animesuki!
__________________
Sig removed by Mod because it has exceeded the size limits -> See the Forum Rules.
gravitation is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 18:59   Link #6
aliensquare
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Incheon
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
Hmmmm that is pretty interesting! Lots of people admired the pictures she posted...I guess It wasn't very nice to deceive people like that but yeah It is not that big a deal. That person is pretty regardless
Thanks for pointing that out by the way! I also found out something similar with another user while browsing faceparty but I wont say who.

^___^


EDIT
Of course, if it -is- actually her then you have my apologies...but I agree...a piece of paper saying Animesuki!

dude, if shes really her, then i have higher chance of meeting her real life than any other korean fans in her fan cafe site!
damn.. im becoming gullible again.
but her profile says her birthday is 1985.

ShinSolGi's birthday is on 1986.
you can probably make out the birthday numbers without reading korean, on her cafe site.

[add]then now i wonder why she put a wrong birthday in her profile
aliensquare is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:01   Link #7
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex, UK
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
yeah 2 the paper thing i agree!
__________________
hobbs is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:06   Link #8
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Guys, calm down. There is no reason why an idol would not visit AS, is there? Seeing a pic of her with an AnimeSuki paper in the hand would explain everything, however she is not obliged to prove us anything.

So until you got hard evidence we should actually believe her (how was that Latin saying? In dubio pro res?).
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:10   Link #9
aliensquare
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Incheon
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Guys, calm down. There is no reason why an idol would not visit AS, is there? Seeing a pic of her with an AnimeSuki paper in the hand would explain everything, however she is not obliged to prove us anything.

So until you got hard evidence we should actually believe her (how was that Latin saying? In dubio pro res?).
korea is a small country. but its not THAT small.
aliensquare is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:14   Link #10
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
I think we should have STEVEN posting on this thread. Not that she got me! lol I hope no one felt deeply for this fake girl ^^ Anyway, such a wast of time.
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:15   Link #11
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensquare
korea is a small country. but its not THAT small.
Aliensquare, _sin_ is just saying that anything is a possibility...so It could be possible to have a famous person on the forums (although I personally doubt it) and in order to prove that it is not a famous person we need evidence...evidence which S7Ev3n does not need to provide (and most probably wont provide) which will most probably mean that we will all believe our own thing.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod because it has exceeded the size limits -> See the Forum Rules.
gravitation is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:17   Link #12
Imazul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
You guys shouldnt care so much about these things

but

if you truly believe thats its her, why the hell do you think she never posted a link to a yahoo gallery full of pictures of her or even to her website

oh well, I dont reallly care, I like deceivers
Imazul is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:18   Link #13
Ayla
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ayla
I don't really look at posts like that..but how do you know that ANYONE on here is who they say they are? Could be anyone posting someone elses pics, only maybe they're not famous so it's not noticable..
__________________
Ayla is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:19   Link #14
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 34
Well... everything presented on the Internet (and most forms of media in general, actually) should IMHO be taken with a degree of skepticism.

You make a fairly persuasive case in the way you present that information... but as I can't translate the Korean web sites they don't reinforce your argument. Your idea to "test" him/her might go some way to hardening your case... Unfortunately such an image could be also be faked, so it doesn't actually remove the doubt.

Secondly why should anyone have to prove themselves to you or anyone else on a public forum? So they are pretending to be someone else? So what? As long as their actions don't cause serious problems for the forum, break rules, defame or in some way make gains at the expense of the person in question... does it really matter? She never said she was ShinSolGi; so if the pictures aren't her... feel sorry for him/her, not angry. Ultimately they are only making themselves look silly by keeping up the pretence.

I'm fine with the fact that you posted the thread (although I'm going to move it to the feed back forum where it belongs) and I can understand that you would take offence to her misrepresentation -- if you are a fan of ShinSolGi -- Just don't linger on the point to much as it will only lower people's empathy for your point of view.

Be happy that you know the truth and you've told others. If you are really confident you won't need to hammer the point.

Edit: Damn, I took so long writing that and checking I didn't say anything really stupid everyone else has made all my points for me U_U;
__________________
Lay down on the ground, and let the tears run from you, crying to the grass and trees and heaven, finally on your knees; Let me live again…
NightWish is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:21   Link #15
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。
 
Join Date: May 2004
Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsy
yeah 2 the paper thing i agree!
I dont see how you people think a peice of paper is going to help anything. I know how to use Photoshop; if I had enough time (or the will), I bet I could find a picture suitable for editing and make this ShinSolGi character hold up a sign saying "I love Aliensquare".

This post in no way is intended to acuse anyone of anything. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.
__________________
Microsoft should be worried, FireFox attacks.
Click the icon to experience a whole new level of web browsing.
KeinikuSuki is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:21   Link #16
Yamano667
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The moon :)
Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Nobody knows thats the magic of the internet, you can be anything you want
and nobody can know for sure
Yamano667 is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:26   Link #17
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
Aliensquare, _sin_ is just saying that anything is a possibility...so It could be possible to have a famous person on the forums (although I personally doubt it) and in order to prove that it is not a famous person we need evidence...evidence which S7Ev3n does not need to provide (and most probably wont provide) which will most probably mean that we will all believe our own thing.
Hey, gravitation, come to think of it, I have seen a lot of people who look just like you; couldn't it be that you are an imposter?

If you want us to believe that you are the gravi of the AS Forums, then you have to post a pic of your thighs - shaved and tattooed with "I love AS". If you don't, you are an imposter

On a serious note: aliensquare, the information you have provided tells us one thing only: 7 posts pics of an idol. We do not know however, if she's not the idol in question herself; I mean why would someone post pictures of someone famous and pretend to be that person? This is just says: "Guys, I'm an imposter!" - and noone would be so stupid to make such an obvious mistake if not she is really the one she says to be.

And another thing: Why should we care? If it turns out that she is an imposter - or lets say ugly - what would that change? Exactly, nothing! People who judge other people by their looks alone in an Internet Forum and are especially nice to someone because of that reason, deserve to be fooled.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-07-24 at 19:27. Reason: There are people that can spell - I'm not one of them
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:26   Link #18
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Nobody knows thats the magic of the internet, you can be anything you want
and nobody can know for sure
Yeah! I mean, take Mantidor...he/she pretends to be a bug!

(I say "pretend" but I really mean that he/she is a bug, right Mantidor?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sin_
Hey, gravitation, come to think of it, I have seen a lot of people who look just like you; couldn't it be that you are an imposter?
Me? An Imposter?! Thats absurd! *shifty eyes*

__________________
Sig removed by Mod because it has exceeded the size limits -> See the Forum Rules.
gravitation is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:30   Link #19
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
OMG JOJOS'STAR! where the hell is the ecchiness, O_O!!!! you come back after so long with THAT! ... err, sorry, wrong thread...

The S7Ev3n case... well I really dont care...

EDIT:

Gravi: of course Im a mantis!
mantidor is offline  
Old 2004-07-24, 19:31   Link #20
Imazul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Nobody knows thats the magic of the internet, you can be anything you want
and nobody can know for sure
I agree with that. but unless your a secret agent ( ) I think assuming the apperance and to a certain extent, a personality that fits with it m,eans that you probably have mental problems and should see a psychologist. Unless its a mexican counterpart, you cant invent yourself anopther personality without being crazy unless its a mexican counterpart.

Of course my opinions doesnt count because im extremly bored, didnt know it could take so damn long to install a ceiling fan and nows everybodys gone somewhere and im alone on a saturday night. Life sucks sometimes.
Imazul is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.