AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-25, 23:30   Link #2041
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Thumbs up Elfen Lied rocks

Elfen Lied is by far the most exciting anime I have ever seen. There is so much killing and the story plot was just fantastic. Although there was a lot of hentai in it but I must concur that it was not over the head.

Besides that, I also find the anime to be quite touching cause at the end Kurama chose to die with his daughter who couldn't obtain love ever since she was born. It is also very touching when Lucy confess that the sole reason she was able to endure all those pain until now was because that she wanted to apologize to Kouta for what she did and Kouta in return replied her with the most unexpected words..o.O

This anime is also damn bloody which makes it topnotch and it teaches me that we must cherish our life as we only get it once. I also happen to understand that we must treat those who are different from us with more care as they had gone through a hard time.

But in the end I say Elfen Lied was the best anime I have ever watched compare to that childish Naruto and whatsoever...
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 23:56   Link #2042
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia.
Send a message via MSN to Raptor73 Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor73
I loved the series and would definitely rate it within my top 10 favorite series without a second thought. My only major complaint is that it was too short. The Anime should have followed more closely with the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalCorruption View Post
I'll have to agree with some of what you said. When Lucy turned into Nyu she was the sweetest thing you just grow attatched which makes the end of the series even harder to watch.

The voice acting is phenomenal as well.

I agree thoroughly i truly hope there's a Season 2 of Elfen Lied
Sorry to say, but it's highly unlikely that a Season 2 will ever be made. In order to do so would require some fairly drastic re-writing of the later parts of story, and I seriously doubt that any production company would go through that much effort for what is pretty much a finished project.

We can always hope though ^_^.
__________________
Raptor73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 00:39   Link #2043
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Seriously, whoever showed you this anime a few years back is a criminal!!!

Not sure even now it's a good idea for you to watch it...
Damn you...Do you even have eyes for anime....you are so simple minded...you should be more optimistic when looking an anime as sometimes there are hidden moral inside animes, I mean that's the fun part of watching an anime, right?
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 00:43   Link #2044
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalCorruption View Post
I'll have to agree with some of what you said. When Lucy turned into Nyu she was the sweetest thing you just grow attatched which makes the end of the series even harder to watch.

The voice acting is phenomenal as well.

I agree thoroughly i truly hope there's a Season 2 of Elfen Lied
I concur with you, dude! Indeed like what you said, the anime was just amazing...I also hope for a season 2...Goddamn it, the first season was damn touching *sob sob* I love it the most when Lucy talked privately with Kouta..that part was so nice I think my face was almost glued to the television...hehe^^
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 16:44   Link #2045
narfan20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I cried over this X_X
narfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 17:27   Link #2046
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I concur with you, dude! Indeed like what you said, the anime was just amazing...I also hope for a season 2...Goddamn it, the first season was damn touching *sob sob* I love it the most when Lucy talked privately with Kouta..that part was so nice I think my face was almost glued to the television...hehe^^
While it is doubtful that there will be any more Elfen Lied anime, if they did make more it would more likely be a remake that followed the Manga. With the blood and nudity toned down enough in the TV version for it to show latenight on a normal station instead of a limited access satallite channel. Then toned up again on the DVD version. That was the problem with the original. It was shown on a satallite only channel that was seen by a small percentage of the potential audience. While those that saw it really liked it, most didn't have the chance to see it.
I would love to see a remake with enough episodes to tell the entire story. I thought Lucy and Kouta's talk, which happened much later in the manga, was better than the anime.
Spoiler:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 18:11   Link #2047
changeup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Make no mistake. I am a big fan of this series. Easily my top 10. And I saw the hidden morals in it, a lot of them. This being said, this series is totally inappropriate for underaged to watch. They might not be able to get the positive side of this story but affected by its pure brutality.

I personally think this series is better for viewer older than 21 years old, or maybe even older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Damn you...Do you even have eyes for anime....you are so simple minded...you should be more optimistic when looking an anime as sometimes there are hidden moral inside animes, I mean that's the fun part of watching an anime, right?
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 00:24   Link #2048
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Talking

I see....So, in the end of the manga, Lucy was reborn? Can anyone give me the website to see the elfen lied manga because I am so desperate to see the continuation after episode 80. Thanks^^.....Man, today I've watched elfen lied for the 12th time....=P. Can anyone also tell me where to buy original DVD of Elfen Lied in Kuching, Malaysia?



By golly, Lucy is the most beautiful female character I've ever seen in any anime.XD....I surely hope there will be a season 2 though
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 00:28   Link #2049
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
While it is doubtful that there will be any more Elfen Lied anime, if they did make more it would more likely be a remake that followed the Manga. With the blood and nudity toned down enough in the TV version for it to show latenight on a normal station instead of a limited access satallite channel. Then toned up again on the DVD version. That was the problem with the original. It was shown on a satallite only channel that was seen by a small percentage of the potential audience. While those that saw it really liked it, most didn't have the chance to see it.
I would love to see a remake with enough episodes to tell the entire story. I thought Lucy and Kouta's talk, which happened much later in the manga, was better than the anime.
Spoiler:
Oh man....Why didn't they show it on the big TV for potential audience to enjoy it?? Seriously, I mean why does they have to limit it anyway? But in the US it was much different as it was the hottest selling DVD ever recorded in the year 2005. In 2007 it also won the first annual anime gathering with the "Best Short Anime Series" title. Goddamn it...I hope there will be a second season with the storyline more complete and I personally think the second season will come out as at the end of the first series, the director general said the project was just starting and this will bring about a lot of uproar if they didn't continue with the second season.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 00:32   Link #2050
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by narfan20 View Post
I cried over this X_X
Same here dude...The ending was very touching isn't it. I can't forget the part when Director Kurama actually chose to die with her beloved daughter and how Kouta admitted that he loved the Lucy during their childhood and also Nyuu...It is really damn touching and I must admit it is among the best anime I have ever seen. You have a good eye sight for anime..dude
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 00:40   Link #2051
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Cool Hmmm....

When you say at the end of the manga Lucy is reborn.....Does that mean Lucy died...... Nono, I was hoping that Lucy and Kouta could be together forever...sob. I hope that the ending of season 2 won't be like the ending of the manga cause I've fallen for Lucy/Nyuu and can't bear the sight of watching them die.


Past Prime, if you've read this, can you please take a look at the question I asked at page 103....thanks dude.

Last edited by Fate lover; 2007-12-27 at 01:19.
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:59   Link #2052
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Smile Thanks

Thanks a million Past prime...God bless you. By the way, can you teach me how to put a picture beneath my name just like you and will there be any Elfen Lied season two because I've heard a lot of rumors that Elfen Lied season 2 is now being produced at Japan as we speak. Thanks again for the info..
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 02:29   Link #2053
Generic Asian Guy
^_^
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Wow, I was so hooked, I finished watching this in a day.

Lucy/Nyuu definitely touched me the most; her personality, and development towards the end. I found the last conversation between Kouta and Lucy very touching, especially the repeated embraces.

Definitely on my Top 10 list
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 03:36   Link #2054
SubliminalCorruption
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via MSN to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Yahoo to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Skype™ to SubliminalCorruption
(spoiler)

At the end, Lucy was standing in front of the Army and they opened fire, and they showed one of her horns flying in the air, then they showed a silouette of a person knocking on the door. I was thinking that it was her and she purposely got rid of those horns so she could start her new life murder-free. All the confessions she made to Kohta at the end, it seemed as if she was truly sorry for all the pain she'd caused, and quite possibly she may turn over a new leaf!

There's some posts saying there may not be a 2nd Season of Elfen Lied, and the reasoning behind it is true unfortunately. Hopefully they'll think of something...
SubliminalCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 17:16   Link #2055
Reno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
When you say at the end of the manga Lucy is reborn.....
Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Make no mistake. I am a big fan of this series. Easily my top 10. And I saw the hidden morals in it, a lot of them. This being said, this series is totally inappropriate for underaged to watch. They might not be able to get the positive side of this story but affected by its pure brutality.

I personally think this series is better for viewer older than 21 years old, or maybe even older.
I agree with everything you said there, except I think that age rating is a bit over the top... well where I am the DVD rating is (surprisingly) only a 15. Yes I was shocked, I expected it to be an 18. But not 21!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 05:50   Link #2056
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Reno;1317739]Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?

Hmm....this means you haven't even seen the manga yet then...haha. Then, go to www.onemanga.com and watch it. It is very interesting and once you read it, you will get to understand the story better. Once again, thank you Past prime for everything, you are like my teacher
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:01   Link #2057
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia.
Send a message via MSN to Raptor73 Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Thanks a million Past prime...God bless you. By the way, can you teach me how to put a picture beneath my name just like you and will there be any Elfen Lied season two because I've heard a lot of rumors that Elfen Lied season 2 is now being produced at Japan as we speak. Thanks again for the info..
As I have already stated in this thread, its not likely a 2nd season will be made. I would like to know where this rumor sprung up from, as it seems too good to be true. My guess is that rather than a Season 2, its much more likely a remake will be made to fit the manga more appropriately, as there were simply too many deviations from the manga to be able to continue the anime in the state that it was left in without major restructuring and rewriting. It's much more likely that this supposed 'season 2', if the rumor holds true will be similar to the Hellsing remake, Hellsing Ultimate, which simply redid the story from step 1 and fixed the storyline to keep it closer to the manga. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more Elfen Lied is on its way, as I loved the series and my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language is preventing me from being able to read the manga past what has been currently translated.
__________________
Raptor73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:39   Link #2058
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor73 View Post
As I have already stated in this thread, its not likely a 2nd season will be made. I would like to know where this rumor sprung up from, as it seems too good to be true. My guess is that rather than a Season 2, its much more likely a remake will be made to fit the manga more appropriately, as there were simply too many deviations from the manga to be able to continue the anime in the state that it was left in without major restructuring and rewriting. It's much more likely that this supposed 'season 2', if the rumor holds true will be similar to the Hellsing remake, Hellsing Ultimate, which simply redid the story from step 1 and fixed the storyline to keep it closer to the manga. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more Elfen Lied is on its way, as I loved the series and my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language is preventing me from being able to read the manga past what has been currently translated.
Dude...must the anime be exactly like the manga?? If you have observed carefully..the ending of the anime differ from those of the manga and that makes it more touching and more happy...isn't it now? Sometimes when the anime twist a little from the manga, we actually find it more happy and we liked the ending of the anime more than that of the manga..won't you concur with me? Besides, the making of season 2 have already been confirm. And about that Hellsing, the rumor did said it was going to be remake and it did. And I think that Elfen Lied probably won't be remake as the season 1 was a hit already. Remaking it in a sort of way meant suicide..isn't it cause the viewers now hunger for the second season and not the first season anymore...
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:40   Link #2059
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Smile Elfen Lied

I don't think the anime will completely follow the manga storyline. At the first season, after episode 8 then did the anime go off course. The reason is simple, who wants to see the manga in a moving form, everybody expect something new from the producer or else elfen lied season one wouldn't be a hit and will be just like the naruto anime where everything is derived from the manga(so boring.....). Elfen Lied reflects the truth about this world and it has something which we all wish to possess. Season 2 is just a rumor I found on the internet while surfing so it's better to not put too high an expectation but I truly truly hope for one though since the ending leave me in a climax
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:41   Link #2060
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?



I agree with everything you said there, except I think that age rating is a bit over the top... well where I am the DVD rating is (surprisingly) only a 15. Yes I was shocked, I expected it to be an 18. But not 21!
Dude..where do you live?? In Malaysia??
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.