AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 03:36   Link #2061
SubliminalCorruption

Send a message via AIM to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via MSN to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Yahoo to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Skype™ to SubliminalCorruption
(spoiler)

At the end, Lucy was standing in front of the Army and they opened fire, and they showed one of her horns flying in the air, then they showed a silouette of a person knocking on the door. I was thinking that it was her and she purposely got rid of those horns so she could start her new life murder-free. All the confessions she made to Kohta at the end, it seemed as if she was truly sorry for all the pain she'd caused, and quite possibly she may turn over a new leaf!

There's some posts saying there may not be a 2nd Season of Elfen Lied, and the reasoning behind it is true unfortunately. Hopefully they'll think of something...
Old 2007-12-28, 17:16   Link #2062
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
When you say at the end of the manga Lucy is reborn.....
Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Make no mistake. I am a big fan of this series. Easily my top 10. And I saw the hidden morals in it, a lot of them. This being said, this series is totally inappropriate for underaged to watch. They might not be able to get the positive side of this story but affected by its pure brutality.

I personally think this series is better for viewer older than 21 years old, or maybe even older.
I agree with everything you said there, except I think that age rating is a bit over the top... well where I am the DVD rating is (surprisingly) only a 15. Yes I was shocked, I expected it to be an 18. But not 21!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 05:50   Link #2063
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Reno;1317739]Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?

Hmm....this means you haven't even seen the manga yet then...haha. Then, go to www.onemanga.com and watch it. It is very interesting and once you read it, you will get to understand the story better. Once again, thank you Past prime for everything, you are like my teacher
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:01   Link #2064
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター

Send a message via MSN to Raptor73 Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Thanks a million Past prime...God bless you. By the way, can you teach me how to put a picture beneath my name just like you and will there be any Elfen Lied season two because I've heard a lot of rumors that Elfen Lied season 2 is now being produced at Japan as we speak. Thanks again for the info..
As I have already stated in this thread, its not likely a 2nd season will be made. I would like to know where this rumor sprung up from, as it seems too good to be true. My guess is that rather than a Season 2, its much more likely a remake will be made to fit the manga more appropriately, as there were simply too many deviations from the manga to be able to continue the anime in the state that it was left in without major restructuring and rewriting. It's much more likely that this supposed 'season 2', if the rumor holds true will be similar to the Hellsing remake, Hellsing Ultimate, which simply redid the story from step 1 and fixed the storyline to keep it closer to the manga. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more Elfen Lied is on its way, as I loved the series and my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language is preventing me from being able to read the manga past what has been currently translated.
Old 2007-12-29, 07:39   Link #2065
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor73 View Post
As I have already stated in this thread, its not likely a 2nd season will be made. I would like to know where this rumor sprung up from, as it seems too good to be true. My guess is that rather than a Season 2, its much more likely a remake will be made to fit the manga more appropriately, as there were simply too many deviations from the manga to be able to continue the anime in the state that it was left in without major restructuring and rewriting. It's much more likely that this supposed 'season 2', if the rumor holds true will be similar to the Hellsing remake, Hellsing Ultimate, which simply redid the story from step 1 and fixed the storyline to keep it closer to the manga. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more Elfen Lied is on its way, as I loved the series and my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language is preventing me from being able to read the manga past what has been currently translated.
Dude...must the anime be exactly like the manga?? If you have observed carefully..the ending of the anime differ from those of the manga and that makes it more touching and more happy...isn't it now? Sometimes when the anime twist a little from the manga, we actually find it more happy and we liked the ending of the anime more than that of the manga..won't you concur with me? Besides, the making of season 2 have already been confirm. And about that Hellsing, the rumor did said it was going to be remake and it did. And I think that Elfen Lied probably won't be remake as the season 1 was a hit already. Remaking it in a sort of way meant suicide..isn't it cause the viewers now hunger for the second season and not the first season anymore...
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:40   Link #2066
Fate lover

Smile Elfen Lied

I don't think the anime will completely follow the manga storyline. At the first season, after episode 8 then did the anime go off course. The reason is simple, who wants to see the manga in a moving form, everybody expect something new from the producer or else elfen lied season one wouldn't be a hit and will be just like the naruto anime where everything is derived from the manga(so boring.....). Elfen Lied reflects the truth about this world and it has something which we all wish to possess. Season 2 is just a rumor I found on the internet while surfing so it's better to not put too high an expectation but I truly truly hope for one though since the ending leave me in a climax
Old 2007-12-29, 07:41   Link #2067
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Will you STOP giving spoilers for the manga!?

I agree with everything you said there, except I think that age rating is a bit over the top... well where I am the DVD rating is (surprisingly) only a 15. Yes I was shocked, I expected it to be an 18. But not 21!
Dude..where do you live?? In Malaysia??
Old 2007-12-29, 07:43   Link #2068
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalCorruption View Post
(spoiler)

At the end, Lucy was standing in front of the Army and they opened fire, and they showed one of her horns flying in the air, then they showed a silouette of a person knocking on the door. I was thinking that it was her and she purposely got rid of those horns so she could start her new life murder-free. All the confessions she made to Kohta at the end, it seemed as if she was truly sorry for all the pain she'd caused, and quite possibly she may turn over a new leaf!

There's some posts saying there may not be a 2nd Season of Elfen Lied, and the reasoning behind it is true unfortunately. Hopefully they'll think of something...
Really?? But I have heard of rumor saying that the second season will be coming out in the year 2008. By the way, Past Prime..you surely rocks. I can't doubt that your taste and observation for anime is topnotch. Somehow you are able view anime at a different angle. You surely rock.;
Old 2007-12-29, 08:18   Link #2069
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Second season of elfen lied? If they make it , it will probably be a remake.
Old 2007-12-29, 14:22   Link #2070
Reno

Quote:
Hmm....this means you haven't even seen the manga yet then...haha
Er... duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Dude..where do you live?? In Malaysia??
Er... I live in da UK.
Old 2007-12-30, 18:24   Link #2071
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Second season of elfen lied? If they make it , it will probably be a remake.
As if dude...but now I only receive information that it might be released in the year 2008 and there is a high possibility they won't remake it.
Old 2007-12-30, 18:28   Link #2072
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Er... duh?

Er... I live in da UK.
Is it true you live in the UK?? Because I find that rather hard to believe...
Old 2007-12-31, 14:34   Link #2073
PastPrime

Quote:
As if dude...but now I only receive information that it might be released in the year 2008 and there is a high possibility they won't remake it.
Actually, I would be happy with either a remake that stayed closer to the manga or an Anime Universe continuation.

If it was a remake then I would hope that they would go a little futher at the end so we could see how everyone was 10 years after and what their reactions would be.
And, if it was a continuation of the anime story then I would hope for an ending where Lucy got to remain at the Maple Inn and her personalities merged, so in the end, she would be a combination of Lucy and Nyu. No longer evil but able and willing to use her powers to protect her friends.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:51   Link #2074
Reno

Quote:
Is it true you live in the UK?? Because I find that rather hard to believe...
Yes, that is what I said. And you don't need to repeat it. And why?
Old 2007-12-31, 22:58   Link #2075
Fate lover

Talking Happy New Year

Today is a special day......1st of January 2008..woot.This year is the year of the Olympics and the year where rumor says it.....season 2 of Elfen Lied...oO. Oh man, I am so excited over it...just hope that the original DVD will reach Sarawak faster. Happy New Year to everyone and a prosperous year ahead of you.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:47   Link #2076
bongky

Cool Dude, you rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Actually, I would be happy with either a remake that stayed closer to the manga or an Anime Universe continuation.

If it was a remake then I would hope that they would go a little futher at the end so we could see how everyone was 10 years after and what their reactions would be.
And, if it was a continuation of the anime story then I would hope for an ending where Lucy got to remain at the Maple Inn and her personalities merged, so in the end, she would be a combination of Lucy and Nyu. No longer evil but able and willing to use her powers to protect her friends.
Dude...you surely rocks..But I do hope they will follow your second prediction because I don't want to see what happen 10 years later cause the ending is very sad and I think I might not be able to accept it.

Your second opinion is much better as I also hoped Lucy personality will become back to one and she would be able to be with Kouta.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:56   Link #2077
Fate lover

Cool Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post

I 100% concur with your idea. Just hope that they will release season 2 soon.... Don't know why but I think I am addicted to Elfen Lied already....

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-02, 15:16   Link #2078
adenz16

i am addicted to the anime already. hopefully they make a second
adenz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 17:41   Link #2079
Fate lover

Thumbs up

Elfen Lied is considered one of the best anime published, so it is no wonder you are addicted to the anime. This shows that you have a good taste for anime, keep it up

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-03, 13:27   Link #2080
SubliminalCorruption

Send a message via AIM to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via MSN to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Yahoo to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Skype™ to SubliminalCorruption
Really? Elfen Lied considered one of the best anime published? Wow. Seeing as how i recently became a fan of Anime, and Elfen Lied is probably the third series of Anime i've ever seen (probably the first series i've actualy watched beginning to end), i guess i started off pretty strong lol.

I fell in love with Elfen Lied by the third episode, and even IF they make a remake, please believe i wll be tuned in.

=]

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen