AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-30, 21:23   Link #2261
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez View Post
Bongky

The reason she said that, is that whitin 5 years, most of the kids born in the world, would be silplits/diclonius. Diclonius has it in their nature to kill humans, so the more silplits/diclonius born, more people will get killed.
Spoiler for spoiler from my understanding of the manga:
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 03:22   Link #2262
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Yeah.... unfortunately that's the only thing no one knows about.

By the way it's in the anime too.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 18:03   Link #2263
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez View Post
Bongky

The reason she said that, is that whitin 5 years, most of the kids born in the world, would be silplits/diclonius. Diclonius has it in their nature to kill humans, so the more silplits/diclonius born, more people will get killed.
I see. But is it true the nature of a diclonius is to eliminate human beings? As a 3 year old child, able to obtain powers like the vectors is nothing more than giving a child a machine gun, right? If you teach them properly then they won't kill, right? Please correct me if I happen to be wrong.
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 18:07   Link #2264
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
That looks like three things to me.

1. No.

2. Well.... we'll have to watch the second season to find out won't we?

3. Errm... that IS explained pretty clearly... it's what Lucy says before.
Cool dude. Thanks for the answer. But one thing is still troubling me...How did Kanae knew it was Lucy who killed the crowd when she can't see her "vectors". I mean she couldn't have by coincidence know that Lucy was the killer just because she was the only person standing in the crowd, right?
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 18:09   Link #2265
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_ View Post
Hey, I got a question that some of you better fans might be able to help with.

It is right hard to find good pictures for this series. Outside of all the fanserviced shots, anyone know a good site or two that has stock scans for this series that are umm.... 'tasteful'?
I suggest you go to www.anisearch.de, it got a lot of totally nice pictures of this anime plus lot of others too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Spoiler for spoiler from my understanding of the manga:
But Nana don't have the voice inside her. Therefore, I think it is their own imagination they created to make them feel accompanied and not lonely. Because most diclonius are quite young, it is easier for them to misunderstood a situation and jump to a conclusion based on their imagination.
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 18:16   Link #2266
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Wink Hello

I just wanted to find out what does Lucy meant when she told Bandou he would never meet her again? And why when Lucy face those police, her last horn fell off? I thought she was invulnerable to bullets. By the way, after watching the anime again, I find that Lucy childhood was a living hell. If you ask me to be there, I think I would end up like Lucy the only thing different is I will use machine gun instead of "vectors". Those blasted orphanage children are like devil's in disguise. Besides that, I think in the OVA series, Lucy was able to met one new friend, correct? But then her friend got killed too. I really pity her as all she wanted was friends. By the way, how old was Lucy in the OVA series?
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 19:27   Link #2267
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I see. But is it true the nature of a diclonius is to eliminate human beings? As a 3 year old child, able to obtain powers like the vectors is nothing more than giving a child a machine gun, right? If you teach them properly then they won't kill, right? Please correct me if I happen to be wrong.
Duude you're asking questions no one can answer. When you start talking about things like that, it's what you think. To me, that explanation makes a lot of sense, although it is clear they don't think like other humans. For example the gore... if any 3-year-old saw someones pop off they'd be disturbed for the rest of their life (look at Kouta), but the Diclonius don't seem to be affected by it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Cool dude. Thanks for the answer. But one thing is still troubling me...How did Kanae knew it was Lucy who killed the crowd when she can't see her "vectors". I mean she couldn't have by coincidence know that Lucy was the killer just because she was the only person standing in the crowd, right?
Again, interperate it how you want. Well... Kanae DOES sort explain it afterwards... something like "I saw it! There was a girl with blood oh her face..." Maybe it was just because Lucy was the only calm one, and.... wait! Maybe it's when Lucy rips that womens head off.... Kanae just guessed it because... well, of the way it looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
But Nana don't have the voice inside her. Therefore, I think it is their own imagination they created to make them feel accompanied and not lonely. Because most diclonius are quite young, it is easier for them to misunderstood a situation and jump to a conclusion based on their imagination.
Nah.... maybe Nana just learnt to ignore the voice, or it gave up when they realized she wasn't going to break..... hmm.... well you're explanation does make sense too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I just wanted to find out what does Lucy meant when she told Bandou he would never meet her again??
Errrrrrm... could you explain your question more? Because to me the answer is... he will never meet her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
And why when Lucy face those police, her last horn fell off? I thought she was invulnerable to bullets.
Uuuuum... ok I'm sorry but if this was the first post I read from you I'd assume you didn't take in any of Elfen Lied. It's explained in the third episode... Diclonius use their vectors to deflect bullets. As you could see in that last scene, Lucy was holding her vectors back, leaving the bullets free to hit her. Her horn coming off was a beautiful way of symbolising her death. (Ehe beautiful and death... they don't look right in the same sentence ).
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 19:55   Link #2268
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Spoiler for spoiler from my understanding of the manga:
I would imagine that the voice originated in Lucy because of the hell she went through growing up and that the vector virus diclonius hear it because they originated from Lucy. It is likely that other true diclonius, raised in a family, would not have that voice. And, since Kakuzawa said at the end that he doesn't need Lucy, it is likely that he knows of other true diclonius, just as he always knew about Lucy. To accomplish his objective killing off the normal humans and replacing them with diclonius he needs a breeding population of true diclonius. Replacing the normal humans with vector virus diclonius would be pointless since they are sterile and it would be gone after one generation.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 01:56   Link #2269
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I would imagine that the voice originated in Lucy because of the hell she went through growing up and that the vector virus diclonius hear it because they originated from Lucy. It is likely that other true diclonius, raised in a family, would not have that voice. And, since Kakuzawa said at the end that he doesn't need Lucy, it is likely that he knows of other true diclonius, just as he always knew about Lucy. To accomplish his objective killing off the normal humans and replacing them with diclonius he needs a breeding population of true diclonius. Replacing the normal humans with vector virus diclonius would be pointless since they are sterile and it would be gone after one generation.
I see. So in order to wipe out the human population, true diclonius existence is a must, is it? And like what Reno had stated, is it true that Lucy held her vectors off and chose not to deflect the bullets? One more thing, are you saying that the true diclonius would not have that inner voice inside of them and only the vector virus diclonius have the inner voice? That's kind of odd,isn't it?
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 02:01   Link #2270
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Dear Reno,

Once again I would like to thank you for answering my questions. About the fourth question, I was asking why did Lucy told Bandou he would never meet her again? Is it because Bandou will die soon or is there any other factors? Secondly, I would like ask the diclonius emotion will not change even if they kill off human beings? In that case, then why did Lucy somehow came to fear when she thought of killing again when Kouta took her to the zoo? And what do you mean when you said Lucy was holding her vector's off? I mean the horn could have fallen off in coincidence,right? Man, I can't bear the thought of Lucy death.
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 07:59   Link #2271
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Gawwd look. Lucy went to the bridge to die. Why, someone's already explained (although I can't find the page it's on). Her horns falling off by coincedence? That's horrible... and stupid. No, I stand by what I said it being symbolic.

Hmm at the zoo.... maybe her conscience were just getting to her. Because she feels bad now she loves someone. Orr maybe she worried about it every night but we didn't see.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:00   Link #2272
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I see. So in order to wipe out the human population, true diclonius existence is a must, is it? And like what Reno had stated, is it true that Lucy held her vectors off and chose not to deflect the bullets? One more thing, are you saying that the true diclonius would not have that inner voice inside of them and only the vector virus diclonius have the inner voice? That's kind of odd,isn't it?
I didn't say anything about needing true diclonius to wipe out the human race. I said it would be pointless to replace the normal humans with vector virus diclonius since they would all die after one generation, and Kakuzawa's objective is to have the diclonius replace normal humans, not just kill off the normal humans. And, since Lucy's voice telling her to kill was actually
Spoiler for manga:
I think it likely that all of the vector virus diclonius were hearing the same voice through some type of telepathic link since they all originated from Lucy. Other true diclonius, while probably related to Lucy, would not have originated from her so they would would probably not share that link.
Spoiler for manga:

In the anime it appeared that Lucy raised her vectors so they could shoot her. Most of the Mariko arc happened quite differently from the manga with most of the scenes being very different or, like that one, not happening at all in the manga.

On what happened at the zoo, it appeared to me that she became frightened that the thought of killing more people didn't bother her anymore, that she might really be becoming a monster. That is why she had Kouta promise to kill her if she killed a lot of people.
Spoiler for manga:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-01 at 16:14.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:53   Link #2273
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I didn't say anything about needing true diclonius to wipe out the human race. I said it would be pointless to replace the normal humans with vector virus diclonius since they would all die after one generation, and Kakuzawa's objective is to have the diclonius replace normal humans, not just kill off the normal humans. And, since Lucy's voice telling her to kill was actually
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 17:14   Link #2274
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Yes. And
Spoiler for manga:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:31   Link #2275
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Are you sure she let those bullets hit her? In the final episode, I thought Lucy might have release them to counter those bullets. I think maybe Lucy was recaptured and the one who appeared at Kouta's house might be the female scientist just like in the manga....This is just my hypothesis...
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:35   Link #2276
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Dear PastPrime

Whoa! That's amazing. So you are saying there is other true diclonius out there? Besides that, what could the third personality possibly do with the remaining of Lucy's body??!! And may I know what do you mean when you said vector virus diclonius will die after one generation? There are able to transplant the vector virus, right? But still I can't accept the concept that Lucy surrender herself to death. I just can't bear with that thought. I think I am gonna cry already
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:57   Link #2277
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Whoa! That's amazing. So you are saying there is other true diclonius out there? Besides that, what could the third personality possibly do with the remaining of Lucy's body??!! And may I know what do you mean when you said vector virus diclonius will die after one generation? There are able to transplant the vector virus, right? But still I can't accept the concept that Lucy surrender herself to death. I just can't bear with that thought. I think I am gonna cry already
Spoiler for manga and possibly NSW:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 08:07   Link #2278
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
In the manga, why does the female scientist wanted to found out Kouta's place so badly. Sorry, I've just read up to chapter 81. Is the female scientist still working with the director general after that episode?
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 08:30   Link #2279
bongky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler for manga and possibly NSW:
Wah...But I still don't get it. Why did Lucy have a third personality in the first place? Is the third personality somehow resembles their DNA or anything? And how did Nyuu came about? The body was Lucy's right? Now come to think of it, I suddenly felt as though I have a grudge for Kouta. He made Lucy sad and even rejected her when he knew Lucy was the one who killed his family. It seems he doesn't know that he played a very important role in Lucy's life How could he do this. And what do you mean when you say her vectors reach to outer space?? I thought Lucy vector can only reach up to 2 meter in length. And one more thing, are you happen to be saying that Lucy used the remaining of her flesh to cover up Kouta's wound?

Oh my goodness! I never thougt Lucy would have gone through so much just for Kouta. In the anime I felt pity more for Lucy than for Kouta. Kouta shouldn't have lied to Lucy about Yuka. His action was quite foolish and it somehow made Lucy felt sad. Damn that Kouta By the way, one thing is still bothering me. Which one does Kouta liked more? Lucy or Yuka? Thanks for all the marvelous answers You are so cool!
__________________

The original Lucy;kind, adorable and loving.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 11:39   Link #2280
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Wah...But I still don't get it. Why did Lucy have a third personality in the first place? Is the third personality somehow resembles their DNA or anything? And how did Nyuu came about? The body was Lucy's right? Now come to think of it, I suddenly felt as though I have a grudge for Kouta. He made Lucy sad and even rejected her when he knew Lucy was the one who killed his family.
When did he reject her....?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.