AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-16, 22:07   Link #2641
dude1800

elfen lied

ive been reading the manga and i got a little lost at one point. i forget where but i belive around #80 or so, it shows lucy as about 14-16 with a human (girl?) friend. the one that killed her father and wanted to see her mother as at a local art show. now, i was under the belife that lucy was taken to the lab thing at the age of around 8 or so. and later escapes and infects kurama (i think thats his name ) with the horned person virus. is this my mess up or is it the creater's flaw? please help me im terribly confused lol.
dude1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 00:12   Link #2642
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1800 View Post
ive been reading the manga and i got a little lost at one point. i forget where but i belive around #80 or so, it shows lucy as about 14-16 with a human (girl?) friend. the one that killed her father and wanted to see her mother as at a local art show. now, i was under the belife that lucy was taken to the lab thing at the age of around 8 or so. and later escapes and infects kurama (i think thats his name ) with the horned person virus. is this my mess up or is it the creater's flaw? please help me im terribly confused lol.
You were confused by the fact that all the anime diclonius had pink hair and looked a lot like Lucy. The only time child Lucy was shown in the anime was during her and Kouta's flashbacks. The other child diclonius were all vector virus diclonius. And Number Three, who infected Kurama, was killed as was the diclonius shown killing the Policeman. In fact, Kurama did not even realize that Lucy was out there until after he found out how the virus was spread. That is when they started looking for Lucy. An additional fact not brought out in the anime is that the vector virus diclonius, unlike Lucy, grow up rapidly. Nana was only six at the end of the anime and Mariko was around five. They get their vectors around three years old and age about twice as fast as normal humans and true diclonius like Lucy. At least until they are physically adults. Whether they continue to age rapidly after that is unknown.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2009-03-17 at 00:23.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:51   Link #2643
dude1800

elfen lied

ah ok thanks very much i get it now
Old 2009-03-17, 15:10   Link #2644
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
Well its possible it could be remade to be more like the manga.
Blah, I didn't like the manga ending so much. I'd rather the anime stayed where it is rather than continue that story path. Of course I'd most prefer an alternate story path where it goes a bit less...melty.
Old 2009-03-17, 21:11   Link #2645
dude1800

i did not care for the melty part etheir, i think they could have left it out or changed it lol. i guess it goes with the theme though....
Old 2009-03-19, 11:24   Link #2646
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Blah, I didn't like the manga ending so much. I'd rather the anime stayed where it is rather than continue that story path. Of course I'd most prefer an alternate story path where it goes a bit less...melty.
I thought the manga ending was pretty good, but I wouldn't mind an alternate anime ending where
Spoiler:

Old 2009-03-19, 20:42   Link #2647
Justin Kim
*Artist

A quick question about the ending? Is that Lucy out of the screen door at the end of the season?
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:29   Link #2648
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
A quick question about the ending? Is that Lucy out of the screen door at the end of the season?
Well, as far as I know, it's never been said officially who it was. They probably wanted it to be up to imagination lol, but there really isn't anyone else who makes sense being there huh? Id just assume it's her IMO.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:56   Link #2649
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Well, as far as I know, it's never been said officially who it was. They probably wanted it to be up to imagination lol, but there really isn't anyone else who makes sense being there huh? Id just assume it's her IMO.
I think that it was Nyu, since Nana did not sense Lucy. Also the symbolism. The Music Box, Lucy's symbol, stopped playing and the Clock, Nyu's symbol, started chiming as if to symbolize that Lucy was gone and Nyu was returning.

Old 2009-03-20, 16:31   Link #2650
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I think that it was Nyu, since Nana did not sense Lucy. Also the symbolism. The Music Box, Lucy's symbol, stopped playing and the Clock, Nyu's symbol, started chiming as if to symbolize that Lucy was gone and Nyu was returning.
ya know, I never thought about that!
Thats a really good observation!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 17:58   Link #2651
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
If that happens to be truth, I'll be very sad I prefer Lucy/Kaede over everyone else in the story. And just thinking about her dissapearing from this world just like nothing after all she lived and after finally cleared (almost) things with Kohta is...

I wanna cry
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:42   Link #2652
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

But the horns can grow back, like in the manga. Besides doesn't bone matter grow back when damaged?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:47   Link #2653
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

We don't know if they grow back in the anime. I don't recall it ever happening. Don't always count on manga physics being the same.
Old 2009-03-22, 18:09   Link #2654
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
But the horns can grow back, like in the manga. Besides doesn't bone matter grow back when damaged?
No. Bone can heal when set properly, but it doesn't just "grow back". That would be regeneration, which thus far isn't possible for humans. Now Diclonius might be different seeing as Lucy was able to grow her horns back (bigger and better than before), but I doubt that even Lucy could recover from being melted into a puddle of fleshy goo. I refer to chapter 104 page 12 if you need graphic proof. Though I wouldn't suggest it, cuz it's quite disgusting, even for Elfen Lied.
Old 2009-03-22, 18:21   Link #2655
Justin Kim
*Artist

Wait so does that mean Lucy had died or lost unconsciousness when they engaged fire on her? So that instead of Lucy waking up, it was Nyu who had arisen?
Old 2009-03-22, 20:01   Link #2656
PastPrime

Quote:
Wait so does that mean Lucy had died or lost unconsciousness when they engaged fire on her? So that instead of Lucy waking up, it was Nyu who had arisen?
In the manga, after Lucy lost her horns the first time,
Spoiler:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2009-03-23 at 09:25.
Old 2009-03-23, 22:47   Link #2657
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Every anime i watched sucked after Elfen lied.
Oh...sorry if that was random i'm not reading the recent posts.

Last edited by xxangelchanxx; 2009-03-23 at 22:49. Reason: >: P
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:06   Link #2658
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol you should be more wide, when it comes to watching anime or viewing manga. , there is plenty of good ones out there.
Old 2009-03-25, 16:30   Link #2659
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Lol you should be more wide, when it comes to watching anime or viewing manga. , there is plenty of good ones out there.
Im more into depressing/bloody series like higurashi and elfen lied but all i see these days are goddamn harem's i hate them all with the exception of SHUFFLE!,Kanon 2006,air and clannad.
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 17:53   Link #2660
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
Im more into depressing/bloody series like higurashi and elfen lied but all i see these days are goddamn harem's i hate them all with the exception of SHUFFLE!,Kanon 2006,air and clannad.
What about the Hellsing OVAs? I think they still making those.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen