AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-16, 16:54   Link #2641
rosario+vampireluver

Well .. if you like the type of anime with violence .. but sort of has .. (how should i put this?) .. If you do not like anime that has CONSTANT gorey violence - then I would not suggest Elfen Lied. If you are more into the type of anime where it takes time to lead up to the huge explosion - I would suggest Higurashi no naku koro ni / Higurashi no naku koro ni kai or School Days? Hope this helps!
rosario+vampireluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 02:03   Link #2642
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Why do you say Elfen Lied is "CONSTANT gorey violence"? I mean, it IS a shocking anime (quite shocking btw), but that's not the whole point of the story. If you watch the anime and everything you notice is the blood, then I'd say you're as sensible as a rock.

And EL does have an "explosion", but you have to pay attention to the "charactes", the "feelings" and "personal relationships between the protaganists". If you do, you should be able to understand the main point of the story.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 03:18   Link #2643
sparky1570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Wow the visuals look excellent. Too bad its licensed. It's dark, bloody and has simply stunning animation and graphics. Can't wait for the ADV dvds to come out.
Okay well first off, I am new to the world of forums, I only decided to join this forum because I noticed a lot of people talking about Elfen Lied and that happens to be my favorite anime/manga of all time. Anyways I am writing this because I know a lot of people, myself included, have been craving for another season of Elfen Lied because it left so many holes in the story that we didn't quite get as well as the cliffhanger ending in Episode 13. With this cliffhanger ending everyone has asked the same question over and over again: Was that Nyu/Lucy behind the door?

Well now, we have our own opinions about it but we won't know for sure until the next season. This is where I come in because I have been searching myself if there will ever be one. So I decided to take into account that I'll ask the author of the Elfen Lied series himself and see what is going on. I sent Mr. Okamoto a message via e-mail stating that I wanted to know if there will ever be a second season of Elfen Lied. Unfortunately he stated that "Because ELFENLIED was not popular at all in Japan there is no plans of a second season at all." With that said I think it's safe to say that we'll never see the relationship of Kohta and Nyu/Lucy anymore.

But then again we might, because in that very same message where he replied that there is no second season in the works, Mr. Okamoto gave me two website links that will give us hope of having Elfen Lied Season 2. All we have to do is contact them if we want a second season, the thing is, it's in Japanese and I can't read it all. But we could all just try to figure out what we're doing. I believe there is a link on that website that lets you contact them. So let's all hope that all Elfen Lied fans unite and contact these two links so that season 2 can finally be made.

The links for trying to get season 2 started are as follows:

http://www.genco.co.jp/

http://www.vap.co.jp/

Hopefully these websites will finally let us watch the romance unfold between Kohta and Nyu/Lucy in season 2 of Elfen Lied. All we need to do is just contact them and let them know that we want season 2. Please make sure that everyone who is reading this right now go to those two websites and help out. We need all the help that we could get, hopefully our voices will be heard. Oh and one more thing if you have friends who are part of the "petitions for the second season" please give them these two links so that our numbers can grow and then we could get what we want.

Those petitions that you are signing are going straight to the author of Elfen Lied, correct? Well in that case I believe it is a waste of time, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but just go to the links above and help out because Mr. Okamoto already gave me the heads up saying there are no plans for season 2 but contact these two sites if we want one.
sparky1570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:54   Link #2644
ArrowSmith

I don't think we will ever see a 2nd season. After all, what would there be? It could never live up to the hyper-violent nature of the original.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 09:35   Link #2645
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
I don't think we will ever see a 2nd season. After all, what would there be? It could never live up to the hyper-violent nature of the original.
Well its possible it could be remade to be more like the manga.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 02:19   Link #2646
fastfood3003

Humm I don't really know what to say about this anime..... its pretty ok i guess but the thing that bother me was all the plot holes... if they took more time to plan it out better it would of been a better anime but then again none is perfect.

The ending and the plot holes killed this one for me.
I watch this like 2-3 years ago so im not so sure about the characters but

Plot hole for example:

that time the professor or something sent Nyu away from the place to be safe....
he sent her right to the island of where lucy was....
yea... not quite sure about the detail anymore but ... plot holes... man.. bothers me

I don't really care for small plot holes like little time plot holes but that's a big one

I know im thinking too much about this after all this time but lol yea not quite sure at all...

not bad anime but had potential
fastfood3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 02:55   Link #2647
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfood3003 View Post
Plot hole for example:

that time the professor or something sent Nyu away from the place to be safe....
he sent her right to the island of where lucy was....
yea... not quite sure about the detail anymore but ... plot holes... man.. bothers me
That doesn't make sense, Lucy and Nyu are the same. What did you mean?

EDIT: Did you mean Nana? It wasn't like he intended to send her there. HE just wanted her to escape, but sea/marine (or whatever the word is) currents took her to that damn beach, just like Lucy/Nyu some time ago.

Last edited by Deadwings; 2009-03-15 at 03:09.
Old 2009-03-16, 22:07   Link #2648
dude1800

elfen lied

ive been reading the manga and i got a little lost at one point. i forget where but i belive around #80 or so, it shows lucy as about 14-16 with a human (girl?) friend. the one that killed her father and wanted to see her mother as at a local art show. now, i was under the belife that lucy was taken to the lab thing at the age of around 8 or so. and later escapes and infects kurama (i think thats his name ) with the horned person virus. is this my mess up or is it the creater's flaw? please help me im terribly confused lol.
dude1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 00:12   Link #2649
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1800 View Post
ive been reading the manga and i got a little lost at one point. i forget where but i belive around #80 or so, it shows lucy as about 14-16 with a human (girl?) friend. the one that killed her father and wanted to see her mother as at a local art show. now, i was under the belife that lucy was taken to the lab thing at the age of around 8 or so. and later escapes and infects kurama (i think thats his name ) with the horned person virus. is this my mess up or is it the creater's flaw? please help me im terribly confused lol.
You were confused by the fact that all the anime diclonius had pink hair and looked a lot like Lucy. The only time child Lucy was shown in the anime was during her and Kouta's flashbacks. The other child diclonius were all vector virus diclonius. And Number Three, who infected Kurama, was killed as was the diclonius shown killing the Policeman. In fact, Kurama did not even realize that Lucy was out there until after he found out how the virus was spread. That is when they started looking for Lucy. An additional fact not brought out in the anime is that the vector virus diclonius, unlike Lucy, grow up rapidly. Nana was only six at the end of the anime and Mariko was around five. They get their vectors around three years old and age about twice as fast as normal humans and true diclonius like Lucy. At least until they are physically adults. Whether they continue to age rapidly after that is unknown.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2009-03-17 at 00:23.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:51   Link #2650
dude1800

elfen lied

ah ok thanks very much i get it now
Old 2009-03-17, 15:10   Link #2651
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
Well its possible it could be remade to be more like the manga.
Blah, I didn't like the manga ending so much. I'd rather the anime stayed where it is rather than continue that story path. Of course I'd most prefer an alternate story path where it goes a bit less...melty.
Old 2009-03-17, 21:11   Link #2652
dude1800

i did not care for the melty part etheir, i think they could have left it out or changed it lol. i guess it goes with the theme though....
Old 2009-03-19, 11:24   Link #2653
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Blah, I didn't like the manga ending so much. I'd rather the anime stayed where it is rather than continue that story path. Of course I'd most prefer an alternate story path where it goes a bit less...melty.
I thought the manga ending was pretty good, but I wouldn't mind an alternate anime ending where
Spoiler:

Old 2009-03-19, 20:42   Link #2654
Justin Kim
*Artist

A quick question about the ending? Is that Lucy out of the screen door at the end of the season?
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:29   Link #2655
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
A quick question about the ending? Is that Lucy out of the screen door at the end of the season?
Well, as far as I know, it's never been said officially who it was. They probably wanted it to be up to imagination lol, but there really isn't anyone else who makes sense being there huh? Id just assume it's her IMO.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:56   Link #2656
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Well, as far as I know, it's never been said officially who it was. They probably wanted it to be up to imagination lol, but there really isn't anyone else who makes sense being there huh? Id just assume it's her IMO.
I think that it was Nyu, since Nana did not sense Lucy. Also the symbolism. The Music Box, Lucy's symbol, stopped playing and the Clock, Nyu's symbol, started chiming as if to symbolize that Lucy was gone and Nyu was returning.

Old 2009-03-20, 16:31   Link #2657
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I think that it was Nyu, since Nana did not sense Lucy. Also the symbolism. The Music Box, Lucy's symbol, stopped playing and the Clock, Nyu's symbol, started chiming as if to symbolize that Lucy was gone and Nyu was returning.
ya know, I never thought about that!
Thats a really good observation!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 17:58   Link #2658
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
If that happens to be truth, I'll be very sad I prefer Lucy/Kaede over everyone else in the story. And just thinking about her dissapearing from this world just like nothing after all she lived and after finally cleared (almost) things with Kohta is...

I wanna cry
Old 2009-03-20, 22:42   Link #2659
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

But the horns can grow back, like in the manga. Besides doesn't bone matter grow back when damaged?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:47   Link #2660
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

We don't know if they grow back in the anime. I don't recall it ever happening. Don't always count on manga physics being the same.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen