AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-06, 14:50   Link #2801
radiotom99
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Spoiler for :

The possiblity is still there. It all depends on choices, not actuall impediment. Considering how it ended, its most likely that it is how you say, but it doesnt make it an impossible thing to achieve
radiotom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 18:13   Link #2802
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: An Imperial Guard Fortress
Ok sort of off topic, but a friend keeps telling me about Higurashi since I am a big fan of Elfen Lied. In terms of violence how does it compare to this series and is it more disturbing than Elfen Lied was? I am trying to get info for another friend.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:27   Link #2803
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Higurashi is not THAT violent and sexual and packs a non-linear story / mystery.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 08:24   Link #2804
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Is it explained in the manga why other Diclonius lose control over their vectors when Nana sticks her's in their heads?
It is never explained. It is something she discovered accidentally when she was fighting Lucy. If you remember, Lucy stuck her vector in Nana's head and told her that just by moving the blood vessel slightly she could cause a hemorrhage and kill her. That is what Nana tried to do to Lucy at the end of the fight, but she cause Lucy to lose her vectors instead, and Nana remembered how to do it and used it in other fights. It is likely that Lucy was trying to figure out what Nana did when, at the university after killing Kakuzawa's son, she puts her vector in that girls head and, after apparently killing her, says "That's not it."
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 10:29   Link #2805
radiotom99
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
It is never explained. It is something she discovered accidentally when she was fighting Lucy. If you remember, Lucy stuck her vector in Nana's head and told her that just by moving the blood vessel slightly she could cause a hemorrhage and kill her. That is what Nana tried to do to Lucy at the end of the fight, but she cause Lucy to lose her vectors instead, and Nana remembered how to do it and used it in other fights. It is likely that Lucy was trying to figure out what Nana did when, at the university after killing Kakuzawa's son, she puts her vector in that girls head and, after apparently killing her, says "That's not it."
Right, I had the feeling it wasnt exactlly explained. what I mentioned a few posts ago was just my interpretation of it at the time. Since its explained in the beggining of the series that its the overgrowth of a specific frontal area of the brain that is responsible for the diclonius abilities (cant remember the name they gave it exactlly), I figured it was that, by tempering with that area, caused the inability to use vectors.

Spoiler for anime/manga:
radiotom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 20:37   Link #2806
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Why should you care?
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
A diclonious race could not exist in the first place. They would kill each other over a simple arguement.
Not really. No human wishes to die (most of us at least), and it's not different for diclonious. So you just need to put someone strong in the middle to act as a leader (Lucy maybe) and you keep everyone under control. Pretty much what current society is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
I have a question for those who watched the anime. What scenes in it angered you the most?
Not angered, but I found Mariko's death quite disturbing. I really wanted something better for her...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 21:49   Link #2807
Gono
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Maybe the daughter is some kind of hornless tri-brid O.o
Gono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 12:53   Link #2808
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
On the diclonius not being able live together and create a civilization, I would say that, for the most part, people are comparing apples and oranges. The vector virus diclonius are not relevant to that discussion because they were created through the personality that was the voice that always told Lucy to kill, and they carried that personality with them. Also, while they might have had teenager or adult bodies, they still had children's minds. The oldest would have only been 8 years old at the end of the manga and Mariko was 5. And using Mariko as proof doesn't make any sense at all since she was raised in that big tank with basically no human interaction. Only that one female technician talking to her over an intercom system and telling her that her father tried to kill her. It is a credit to Kurama that 6 year old Nana was as normal as she was.

The only real reference is Lucy, prior to the bully's beating her dog to death and pushing her past the breaking point. Up until then she seemed very stable. It appeared to me that, had that not happened, she would have continued to put up with their abuse, especially after she met Kouta. If that had not happened she would have had nothing to hide from Kouta and, after hearing how she was treated, he would have tried to get his father or Yuka's family to adopt her, and if that failed he would have helped her to run away and return to his home with him. And, in the manga, there is some indication that Lucy might have had older diclonius siblings. If that is true then they obviously got along with normal humans since all the vector virus diclonius were born around where Lucy was living.

In fact, I suspect that Lucy's father and siblings lived in the same part of Japan as Kouta and, had Lucy gone with Kouta she would have eventually found her family which had probably been told that she and her mother had been killed in some kind of accident.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2009-09-23 at 21:03.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:15   Link #2809
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
They deleted the music box thread, I think this is what I was supposed to do...

http://www.liliumproject.com/

Did you guys know that these guys are putting together the Elfen Lied Music box? So far they have the motors, the little thing that makes the song go, its 23 note and here is a sound clip...http://www.liliumproject.com/mediabox.htm

Just click on Audio Clips...The one called Lilium Music Box is the original from the show, the Sankyo Audio Sample is the thing that Sankyo has made for the project, the music motor thingy! Pretty neat eh!!! After they get through with the motor I think they want to have a box put into motion.
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 07:04   Link #2810
slayer
essense
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto/Waterloo
Send a message via MSN to slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade View Post
They deleted the music box thread, I think this is what I was supposed to do...

http://www.liliumproject.com/

Did you guys know that these guys are putting together the Elfen Lied Music box? So far they have the motors, the little thing that makes the song go, its 23 note and here is a sound clip...http://www.liliumproject.com/mediabox.htm

Just click on Audio Clips...The one called Lilium Music Box is the original from the show, the Sankyo Audio Sample is the thing that Sankyo has made for the project, the music motor thingy! Pretty neat eh!!! After they get through with the motor I think they want to have a box put into motion.
very good find!

man, I almost forgot about this series.. it's been too long since.. like 3 years ago...
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 13:44   Link #2811
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
man, I almost forgot about this series.. it's been too long since.. like 3 years ago...
More like 5 years ago...
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 13:47   Link #2812
straferd
Toushi
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Elfen Lied is one of few series that will always have a place in my heart.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:27   Link #2813
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
If you can get past the odd art style (I don't think the character designs are that good-looking, actually), the flagrant nudity, and the casual brutality in this show, then you're in for a beautiful story of unrequited love, the torment of living with something you can't take back, and haunting questions of what makes men (or their mutant offspring) into monsters.

The OP themesong is hauntingly beautiful, and the moment when Lucy and Kouta embrace after her confession of pain, thereby fulfilling the position she takes in the OP when hugging a faceless statue (only now she's embracing Kouta), is one of my favourite anime moments of all time.

A wrenchingly beautiful show about how one lost soul clings to, and rediscovers, her humanity.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:29   Link #2814
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
If you can get past the odd art style (I don't think the character designs are that good-looking, actually), the flagrant nudity, and the casual brutality in this show
HUH?!

Isn't that what made the show for what it is?

Besides, the art is fantastic, especially if you compare it to the shitty animation we keep getting nowadays.

Lucy. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
More like 5 years ago...
I think he was mentioning the fact that he watched it 3 years ago.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:38   Link #2815
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
HUH?! Isn't that what made the show for what it is?
Yup, no matter how good the story would be, nobody would care if it weren't for the soft porn and the hard gore.
...That's casual anime fans for you...
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:42   Link #2816
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Yup, no matter how good the story would be, nobody would care if it weren't for the soft porn and the hard gore.
...That's casual anime fans for you...
Responding to this casual troll post, I was merely speaking in general and I was talking about the fact what made it so popular.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:51   Link #2817
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
And what did I say?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:28   Link #2818
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Lol I think he took the "That's casual anime fans for you!" as a troll lol

I think this is a good time to bring up one of my old topics back when I didn't know what I was doing...

Spoiler:
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 16:06   Link #2819
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade View Post
Lol I think he took the "That's casual anime fans for you!" as a troll lol
Meh, same story all the time. You say newbie or casual and most think you are making fun of their mothers. Like saying to a boy he is a kid. These terms have no negative aspect besides the one given by those who take it as a personal attack by projeting or identifing with a given issue.
...or something like that; I'm not that good at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade View Post
I think this is a good time to bring up one of my old topics back when I didn't know what I was doing...

Spoiler:
Has anyone noticed how similar Elfen Lied and Chi's Sweet Home are? Both have characters with two eyes and one mouth...
Although I love comparing anime elements, this is an overkill. You should never try to see it deeper than even the makers themselves did. Both series were pseudo-serious; leave it there. The opposite is also wrong of course; I just lol when someone didn't like series like NGE because he didn't get it or because the lead was spineless and misses all the rest.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 17:48   Link #2820
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Meh, same story all the time. You say newbie or casual and most think you are making fun of their mothers. Like saying to a boy he is a kid. These terms have no negative aspect besides the one given by those who take it as a personal attack by projeting or identifing with a given issue.
...or something like that; I'm not that good at this.



Has anyone noticed how similar Elfen Lied and Chi's Sweet Home are? Both have characters with two eyes and one mouth...
Although I love comparing anime elements, this is an overkill. You should never try to see it deeper than even the makers themselves did. Both series were pseudo-serious; leave it there. The opposite is also wrong of course; I just lol when someone didn't like series like NGE because he didn't get it or because the lead was spineless and misses all the rest.
Yeah one time someone said to me "Hey, ya know what's the matter with the world today? Noone has a sense of humor anymore...." So true!

Im just having fun
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.