AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 06:42   Link #421
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
Kouta is a player, for sure. Somehow the women are still attached to him and he has assembled quite a harem. Perhaps #35 will join him soon ?
Err... actually I really wanted that to happen, however
Spoiler for manga material about #35:

Spoiler for some manga rant:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 10:31   Link #422
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Why not buy them? They're really not THAT expensive. Each volume is 505 yen(+300 yen handling fee/piece) that gives a total of $7.11 or €5.82 for each. And around 1500yen shipping depending where you live. You might also need to pay customs, but they are usually very low, or not any at all for books. In Sweden it was only 8%. I got my 8 volumes from www.amazon.co.jp . However, if you use jp-amazon you need to search using japanese, that is: エルフェンリート
i m interested for sure, but hte thing is i dont read jap..dont think there are any translations in there rite?
Old 2004-09-16, 10:38   Link #423
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Err... actually I really wanted that to happen, however
Spoiler for manga material about #35:

Spoiler for some manga rant:
oh isnt that good...thats what i fully expect from lucy

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-16, 10:39   Link #424
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

i remember someone saying that the anime will be more than 13 eps for sure..can anyone confirm here please?
Old 2004-09-16, 10:44   Link #425
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
i remember someone saying that the anime will be more than 13 eps for sure..can anyone confirm here please?
I don't think so. You can have a look at the official homepage, http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/story.html , only 13 eps there.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 10:51   Link #426
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
I don't think so. You can have a look at the official homepage, http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/story.html , only 13 eps there.
i m really hoping that they will extend it like chrno crusade~

anwyay the manga that u bought...are they only in jap?
Old 2004-09-16, 11:01   Link #427
dreamless

Quote:
i m really hoping that they will extend it like chrno crusade~

I think the manga is currently only available in Japanese. there are some chinese scanslations for the first couple volumes I think...

Quote:
oh isnt that good...thats what i fully expect from lucy

Spoiler:
well, you can say that
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-16, 11:05   Link #428
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Yeah, I bought them from Japan afterall, and I have yet to see a japanese bilingual manga. Such a thing just doesn't exist.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 11:35   Link #429
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I'm pretty certain that they will release a second Elfen Lied season because they will definitely be unable to cover the entire storyline in 13 eps. They'll probably finish with the end of manga volume 7, and why would they not animate the rest in a second season? After all Elfen Lied seems to be quite a success.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 11:54   Link #430
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I'm pretty certain that they will release a second Elfen Lied season because they will definitely be unable to cover the entire storyline in 13 eps. They'll probably finish with the end of manga volume 7, and why would they not animate the rest in a second season? After all Elfen Lied seems to be quite a success.
Hmm.... maybe because they have to wait for another 2 years before another 7 volumes of the manga will be out? currently the manga is coming at a speed of one volume per 4 months, and since currently the latest is volume 8, I doubt they'll have enough material for another season any time soon...
Old 2004-09-16, 12:10   Link #431
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Correct Guido...it's mentioned in a few of the episodes.

Edit : lol I forgot to push the refresh key and answered a question asked 12 hours ago :P
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 12:50   Link #432
Acriel

Just out of curiosity, who is the manga artist and what other series is he/she responsible for? Furthermore, although I already asked about a release date for the anime DVDs (no one knows yet), has the manga also been picked up by any companies yet? Is there any chance that a localized manga will appear before too long?

Either way, I'm hopelessly attached to this series and will need to procure as much merchandise for it as I can, but I'm wondering whether or not I can hold out for ADV to release the stuff in America or if I'll have to import them. Between this and Fullmetal Alchemist, I'd say this has been a good year for anime.
Acriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 13:21   Link #433
Guido

To Acriel

The manga author's name is Rin Okamoto.

In Animenfo's webpage states that Elfen Lied is his/her first manga so far.

Although I will overrule that due that Animenfo tends from time to time in getting the wrong info.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 13:59   Link #434
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I found the manga art to be different (and even inferior) to the anime art. I just couldn't get into it
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:02   Link #435
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
I found the manga art to be different (and even inferior) to the anime art. I just couldn't get into it
agrred...yuka really looks like another person
Old 2004-09-16, 18:33   Link #436
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm.... maybe because they have to wait for another 2 years before another 7 volumes of the manga will be out? currently the manga is coming at a speed of one volume per 4 months, and since currently the latest is volume 8, I doubt they'll have enough material for another season any time soon...

They could make the second season an OVA series maybe. Those naturally take longer to come out (though at the detriment of us fans, perhaps)

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:26   Link #437
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
ditto, if the anime looked like that I wouldent even watch it regardless of the story. The art probly is the reason why so few groups are doing the manga.
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 12:26   Link #438
Killerattacks

I closed my old elfenlied site... you know the one with the fansub comparison and stuff like that.

But on the other hand I started http://www.elfenlied.net

I redesigned it, removed the content which could be considered "illegal" and updated a few sections.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out with new material like high Res scans of the manga covers
The site doesnt contain any ads/paypal crap or wont ever contain any. It's just for fun, so enjoy
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 23:27   Link #439
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
I closed my old elfenlied site... you know the one with the fansub comparison and stuff like that.

But on the other hand I started http://www.elfenlied.net

I redesigned it, removed the content which could be considered "illegal" and updated a few sections.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out with new material like high Res scans of the manga covers
The site doesnt contain any ads/paypal crap or wont ever contain any. It's just for fun, so enjoy
God damn, man, that looks like far too much effort.

Speaking of, I'm not going to be releasing the scripts anymore. My reason is up on my website. Mind you, if I find more info about the series, I'll put it up on the sub page, and I'll keep the subtitles already released up. I'll probably be correcting them eventually too.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 02:34   Link #440
Guido

This is for a bit of fun. I quite come up with certain human or humanoid characters from other animes that quite could look to resemble a Diclonus.

Ok. Chi from "Chobits" it's an obvious example, but I meaning to diclonus look-alike characters that fit the dark, gory, and bloody mood of Elfen Lied.

Here's one of them:
Spoiler:

Back on Topic:
I have seen the screenshots for episode 9.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen