AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-30, 20:18   Link #1221
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Actually to me i was not bothered by the gore, since i read so many reviews that the opening scene is going to be craziest opeinings you will ever see. You can say that i expected the gore that is why i never really was bothered by it. I mean this is not the only gory show out their

Berserk
Gantz
Samurai x trust and betrayal those are some other gory shows.

Elfen lied really did not need that many deaths, in the show, but i still enjoyed watching it. I would say that the show was more about characters than the story. The story was just getting rid of disclonious cause they are a threat to man kind.

Actually one of the deaths i kind of found humorous, it was when one of the guys son, i mean the teacher at the college was about to breed with Nyu, and when you see Nyu turn into Lucy, and the guy takes of his wig or what ever he had, she explodes head. That was awsome.
Old 2006-01-30, 20:43   Link #1222
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Elfen Lied is one of the craziest shows I've ever seen. No I don't mean that because it has gore, but because it is basically a harem anime with gore. XD

And whoever thinks this isn't a harem anime, think again. We have the loli, the klutz, the bitch (and her alter ego, the ditz), and the childhood friend (or cousin in this instance). Smells like harem cliche characters to me. And all of them living under the same roof, that happened to be an inn at one point, and I think you get the picture...

Granted though, it might be harem anime, but it isn't the typical one by far and away. That's why I think it's crazy and thus far one of the most memorable shows I have ever seen. ^_^
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 21:16   Link #1223
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Elfen Lied is one of the craziest shows I've ever seen. No I don't mean that because it has gore, but because it is basically a harem anime with gore. XD

And whoever thinks this isn't a harem anime, think again. We have the loli, the klutz, the bitch (and her alter ego, the ditz), and the childhood friend (or cousin in this instance). Smells like harem cliche characters to me. And all of them living under the same roof, that happened to be an inn at one point, and I think you get the picture...

Granted though, it might be harem anime, but it isn't the typical one by far and away. That's why I think it's crazy and thus far one of the most memorable shows I have ever seen. ^_^
It's NOT a harem. To be a harem you need 3! The loli and the 2nd diclonius are digging each other. The only ones who want Kouta are Yuka and Lucy.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 00:10   Link #1224
Gendo

I am rewatching the anime again... also i want to find the last 2 chapters to the manga i mean i heard someone translated them. oo i want ot know what happened in the last chapters of the manga!! soo bad!!
Gendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:59   Link #1225
Nayuki
Primula Who?

One of the best releases lately. Everybody loves Nana.
Nayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 23:53   Link #1226
Anime+
Banned

I am a fan of Elfen Lied. I really enjoyed it and I was not put off by the excessive violence. I actually realize that this is just an anime and that it is not real. I can watch animated gore if it is done right. Crazy anime, not really for me...however, I really think that they did a good job with it. Also, as some people have said, maybe I was not as affected by the gore because of the reviews that read prior.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:19   Link #1227
gameoffreak8

I watched Elfen Lied last week ago. I enjoyed it so far. Elfen Lied is my favorite anime.
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 03:37   Link #1228
Fel
Clean up princess

Too much of the killing was gratuitous, and none of it was brutal enough.
People's limbs seemed to slide right off their torsos.

It's really hard to justify anybody surviving an encounter with Lucy after you establish the fact that she's an unstoppable juggernaut in the first ten minutes.

Especially that screwy assassin guy who always hung out at the beach. He was stupid for sooo many reasons.
Old 2006-02-25, 07:37   Link #1229
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel
Too much of the killing was gratuitous, and none of it was brutal enough.
People's limbs seemed to slide right off their torsos.

It's really hard to justify anybody surviving an encounter with Lucy after you establish the fact that she's an unstoppable juggernaut in the first ten minutes.

Especially that screwy assassin guy who always hung out at the beach. He was stupid for sooo many reasons.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Then again

Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 00:55   Link #1230
AznCoke

Elfen Lied season 2?

Is there a elfen lied season 2?
AznCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 01:43   Link #1231
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

So far there isn't even a hint that it will be made.

You can cross your fingers with the rest of us.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 15:21   Link #1232
Ending

*Crosses fingers*

And I hope that they change the ending too; it was just too cheap how they got rid of the story-carrier. Her commiting a suicide when she had found her partner and everything looked better for change? Yeah, right...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:01   Link #1233
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznCoke
There has been no mention of one. But, if they do have a second season I hope that they have enough episodes to properly introduce the other characters. While Nozomi wasn't necessary for the first season, she would be very important for a second season since she taught Nyuu the song "Elfen Lied" that Lucy sang. And, if they kept the basic manga ending, I would hope that they had a little more about the twins.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 02:20   Link #1234
gameoffreak8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznCoke
*Crosses fingers*
I am really want Elfen Lied season 2...
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 15:54   Link #1235
Shabazza
transcendental

Just watched all episodes.
First thought was "What's that about? Mass nudity and gore? This shall be so good?" but I'm really glad I kept on looking.
Only the open ending made me cheer up a bit after what happened till there.
Shabazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 12:37   Link #1236
SpaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay
*Crosses fingers*

And I hope that they change the ending too; it was just too cheap how they got rid of the story-carrier. Her commiting a suicide when she had found her partner and everything looked better for change? Yeah, right...
Actually she didn't commit suicide
SpaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 12:09   Link #1237
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza
Just watched all episodes.
First thought was "What's that about? Mass nudity and gore? This shall be so good?" but I'm really glad I kept on looking.
Only the open ending made me cheer up a bit after what happened till there.
I originally started watching the first fansub to see what all the talk about nudity and blood and gore was about. It was Kouta's flashback when he heard that Nyuu's horns were real that hooked me. At that point it was obvious that he had known her in the past and I continued watching to find out about that. For all the blood and gore, I think that Elfen Lied showed the importance of family, even if there was no blood relationship, and of love and acceptance. I think, near the end, that Lucy was deliberately becoming Nyuu, because as Nyuu she could live at the Maple Inn, but she was afraid that she couldn't as her real self. In the manga, at least, Lucy remembered most of what happened at the Maple Inn.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 18:02   Link #1238
Ending

@ SpaG

You know what; just to be sure I re-downloaded the last ep to see if there really was some kind of a twist and there was. I simply assumed the moment I saw that ear-piece flying that they really took the cheapest way out (which I began to suspect from ep 5), so I missed that last 3 second scene. Guess it wasn't such a disappointment after all.

So when do we get Elven Lied "Erolutions?"
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 18:50   Link #1239
Diclonius

Ack havent been on as along time..

yup I wish there was a season 2, s1 was definiately good it made my heart ache during the last ep. I think this is the only series that I never was attracted to the nudity xD cause it was just so.. intense all teh way.
Diclonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 04:01   Link #1240
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
holy crap this thread aint dead! and i still want that season two!

Servin' up hot neg's since '04
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen