AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-08, 13:01   Link #1281
heroplant
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
The only major problem would be the fact that Kouta has his memories back much earlier than in the manga. It would not be that difficult to have a second season that was fairly close to the Manga and with the manga ending, but it would need 24 or more episodes to properly introduce Nozomi and cover all the material. That said, unless there were record breaking DVD sales for the first season, it is highly unlikely that there will be a second.
hmm ya,thats actually the biggest problem is he had gain back the memory so quick and forgiven her. About kurama death i think they can just make up something like Meriko saved him with her vectors or watever to keep the story going
i think if they want to they can just follow up with the comic line when lucy got her horns blown off after meriko's death and she came back without horns as nyu and live with kutar for half a year b4 the meriko arc came and try to take her
just i wonder how will the "bug" of kutar memory get fixed(maybe skip the part that kutar forgive her @ the end of comic and just put kutar to take the bullet directly from lucy?)
i m not sure about the sales of EL DVD but i think it wont be that impressive to be recording breaking so i guess the chance of getting a season 2 is still low
heroplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 09:21   Link #1282
sejiro
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: M'sia
Send a message via MSN to sejiro
the anime is really nice jz finish watching them the best anime ever i wonder is there really a chance for a second season
sejiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 13:55   Link #1283
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sejiro
the anime is really nice jz finish watching them the best anime ever i wonder is there really a chance for a second season
It is very unlikely that there will be a second season. Since it was shown on a satellite channel there was not a large audience in Japan and I don't think that the DVD sales were enough to warrent a second season. And it did not generate a lot of merchandise sales. It is unfortunate, because I would love to see the last chapter animated so we could get a better look at the twins and maybe some flashbacks of when they made friends with Kouta's daughter and when they took her to see Lucy's dog's grave.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 18:24   Link #1284
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave Send a message via Skype™ to Arcwave
Just ordered the box set from DiscountAnimeDVD.com

I can't wait! >.<
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 18:28   Link #1285
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
It is very unlikely that there will be a second season. Since it was shown on a satellite channel there was not a large audience in Japan and I don't think that the DVD sales were enough to warrent a second season. And it did not generate a lot of merchandise sales. It is unfortunate, because I would love to see the last chapter animated so we could get a better look at the twins and maybe some flashbacks of when they made friends with Kouta's daughter and when they took her to see Lucy's dog's grave.
that's unfortunate to hear
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 16:01   Link #1286
Guido
The Reaper Owl
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 35
Is it true that Rin Okamoto (the manga-ka for Elfen Lied) himself has a cameo appearance in episode 12?

Would anyone care to point me out between which scenes, if it is true?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 22:47   Link #1287
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida USA
Age: 28
I now have a strong urge to read the manga. I read the spoilers (being spoiled never bothers me). And it sounds intrigueing. I loved the anime, and i liked the ending, but an alternate storyline (rather different from what I read) would be cool, too.

Are the Mangas translated to English yet? Can't read a bit of Japanese.

Last edited by Orchunter226; 2006-06-14 at 23:09.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 19:46   Link #1288
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave Send a message via Skype™ to Arcwave
Yes they are in English.
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 21:45   Link #1289
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
I now have a strong urge to read the manga. I read the spoilers (being spoiled never bothers me). And it sounds intrigueing. I loved the anime, and i liked the ending, but an alternate storyline (rather different from what I read) would be cool, too.

Are the Mangas translated to English yet? Can't read a bit of Japanese.
So far 52 of the 107 chapters have been translated. They usually get another chapter every week or two.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 07:27   Link #1290
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 31
Diverging a little from the current topic... do anyone knows of a place that has an orgel/music box with the lilium tune that ships overseas.... if not, a place that merely has it in stock? Thanks

Last edited by Proto; 2006-06-23 at 09:01.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 11:17   Link #1291
boris no no
I am Russian bearded men
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Derby UK
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to boris no no
Before I post I'm sorry if what I'm gonna say has already been discussed, but there ain't no way I'm gonna read 65 pages and continue

I LOVE Elfen Lied. My favourite anime out there. Just bought the dubbed DVDs and must say am very pleased they kept all the original creepiness that the Japanese had.
Favourite character? Nana. I mean from the moment you meet her its pain pain pain pain yet she still loves her papa and shes such a happy child! Plus, having her arms and legs ripped off...niiiiice. Gonna cosplay as her hooopefully at the next London Expo ;D whoop!
But yush, music is so nice, perfect background to the killing and the tearing of limbs.
There arn't enough animes like this! (well ones I've watched anyways ^^) <3 love it!
boris no no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 06:23   Link #1292
NezoR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I'm just bumping this to say that words can't describe how awesome Elfen Lied is. I'm stunned.

Spoiler for Warning:

Last edited by NezoR; 2006-06-24 at 09:55.
NezoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 11:05   Link #1293
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris no no
Before I post I'm sorry if what I'm gonna say has already been discussed, but there ain't no way I'm gonna read 65 pages and continue

I LOVE Elfen Lied. My favourite anime out there. Just bought the dubbed DVDs and must say am very pleased they kept all the original creepiness that the Japanese had.
Favourite character? Nana. I mean from the moment you meet her its pain pain pain pain yet she still loves her papa and shes such a happy child!
That is one of the nice things in the Manga ending.
Spoiler:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 17:19   Link #1294
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Sorry for my request earlier...

Does Elfen Lied have a sad ending???
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 19:27   Link #1295
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Sorry for my request earlier...

Does Elfen Lied have a sad ending???
The Manga ends on a note of hope.
Spoiler:
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 20:47   Link #1296
NezoR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
The Manga ends on a note of hope.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NezoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 21:09   Link #1297
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: world of devilman lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by NezoR
Spoiler:
Yeah you could say that and also.

Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 10:46   Link #1298
NezoR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006


Am I evil or crazy for liking Lucy (not Nyu) a lot more than Nana?
NezoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 11:38   Link #1299
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NezoR
Am I evil or crazy for liking Lucy (not Nyu) a lot more than Nana?
No, it's normal. I like Lucy more than Nana too.

Probably maybe Nana is a bit childish. lol.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 13:47   Link #1300
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon
No, it's normal. I like Lucy more than Nana too.

Probably maybe Nana is a bit childish. lol.
That is to be expected since, as they tell in the manga, the vector virus diclonius age at an accelerated rate. Nana looks around 13, but she is only 6 or 7.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.