AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-02, 01:12   Link #1821
keikun59

Hello, I finished Elfen Lied yesterday, I was sort of mad at the ending, I really thought that at least we can see what happend to lucy but guess not...anyways I loved the anime I really hope there is going to be a season 2, if not then I will kill myself
keikun59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 06:34   Link #1822
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Er that's a good thing? Oh dear I'm scared now....
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 14:15   Link #1823
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
But that doesn't make any sense! How come she so happened to be born when Lucy got shot in the head?

And what do you mean Lucy has no memories? And yes I do know what amnesia, as I clearly stated.
Actually, the shot glanced off the helmont. Lucy suffered a concussion. No real brain damage.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 14:35   Link #1824
Reno

It did hit her though. She had blood on her face.
Old 2007-07-02, 15:13   Link #1825
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Actually, the shot glanced off the helmont. Lucy suffered a concussion. No real brain damage.
You know if they had shot her in the heart lucy would be dead shows how dumb anime normal humans are portrayed.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:28   Link #1826
Reno

Erm.... yeah... I'm sure she would have. (What's that got to do with anything though?)

Edit: Anyway let's end this argument. It's obvious we're not gonna convince each other.

Last edited by Reno; 2007-07-02 at 15:58.
Old 2007-07-02, 16:35   Link #1827
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
You know if they had shot her in the heart lucy would be dead shows how dumb anime normal humans are portrayed.
Well he was aiming for the back of the neck. :-/
Old 2007-07-05, 16:10   Link #1828
NSXTACY

Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
NSXTACY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:12   Link #1829
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTACY View Post
Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
Not really. I can't explain it but it really fits for me personally. Even if it didn't fit it still an awesome song.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:22   Link #1830
NSXTACY

It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:42   Link #1831
Hi4life

Hi, those who want a second season of Elfen Lied please sign this petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...on2/index.html
Hi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:43   Link #1832
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
You need to read the manga to get that. For a very brief summary, a character that was not in the anime teaches Lucy a song titled "Elf Song," and you'll find more about it if you read the manga.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:54   Link #1833
NSXTACY

I can't read japanese and have no way to get the manga.
But one thing i don't like about the anime is it makes me depressed for days which kinda sucks. Overall it is very deep and irresistible.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:29   Link #1834
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:

The song i feel is perfect for this sort of anime. If you read the lyric the song talks about loss and unrequited feelings for someone. As for the upbeatness of the song i believe that was to juxtapose purposely the solemn mood of the actual anime.
Old 2007-07-06, 06:49   Link #1835
Reno

Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
Old 2007-07-07, 19:40   Link #1836
darkintragedy

My only question is that why there aren't any merchandise for this series?
I would love to get my hands on a lucy pvc.
darkintragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:29   Link #1837
ethio
ELFEN LIED rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
me too, i used to do that and stoping it before right after an episode. but in my case it was both, the intro and the ending.
ethio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:13   Link #1838
Reno

Huh? So do you like it or not?
Old 2007-07-11, 11:42   Link #1839
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
I love almost every song they chose to put in Elfen Lied. ^.^

Last edited by Jamezterr; 2007-07-15 at 02:06.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:54   Link #1840
Jexkt

Love This Anime ! Its kinda sad. The Story is awsome T_T
Jexkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen