AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-02, 01:12   Link #1821
keikun59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hello, I finished Elfen Lied yesterday, I was sort of mad at the ending, I really thought that at least we can see what happend to lucy but guess not...anyways I loved the anime I really hope there is going to be a season 2, if not then I will kill myself
keikun59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 06:34   Link #1822
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Er that's a good thing? Oh dear I'm scared now....
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 14:15   Link #1823
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
But that doesn't make any sense! How come she so happened to be born when Lucy got shot in the head?

And what do you mean Lucy has no memories? And yes I do know what amnesia, as I clearly stated.
Actually, the shot glanced off the helmont. Lucy suffered a concussion. No real brain damage.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 14:35   Link #1824
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
It did hit her though. She had blood on her face.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:13   Link #1825
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Actually, the shot glanced off the helmont. Lucy suffered a concussion. No real brain damage.
You know if they had shot her in the heart lucy would be dead shows how dumb anime normal humans are portrayed.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:28   Link #1826
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Erm.... yeah... I'm sure she would have. (What's that got to do with anything though?)

Edit: Anyway let's end this argument. It's obvious we're not gonna convince each other.

Last edited by Reno; 2007-07-02 at 15:58.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 16:35   Link #1827
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
You know if they had shot her in the heart lucy would be dead shows how dumb anime normal humans are portrayed.
Well he was aiming for the back of the neck. :-/
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 16:10   Link #1828
NSXTACY
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
NSXTACY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:12   Link #1829
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTACY View Post
Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
Not really. I can't explain it but it really fits for me personally. Even if it didn't fit it still an awesome song.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:22   Link #1830
NSXTACY
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
NSXTACY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:42   Link #1831
Hi4life
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hi, those who want a second season of Elfen Lied please sign this petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...on2/index.html
Hi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:43   Link #1832
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTACY View Post
It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
You need to read the manga to get that. For a very brief summary, a character that was not in the anime teaches Lucy a song titled "Elf Song," and you'll find more about it if you read the manga.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:54   Link #1833
NSXTACY
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I can't read japanese and have no way to get the manga.
But one thing i don't like about the anime is it makes me depressed for days which kinda sucks. Overall it is very deep and irresistible.
NSXTACY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 20:29   Link #1834
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTACY View Post
It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
The song i feel is perfect for this sort of anime. If you read the lyric the song talks about loss and unrequited feelings for someone. As for the upbeatness of the song i believe that was to juxtapose purposely the solemn mood of the actual anime.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 06:49   Link #1835
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 19:40   Link #1836
darkintragedy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
My only question is that why there aren't any merchandise for this series?
I would love to get my hands on a lucy pvc.
darkintragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:29   Link #1837
ethio
ELFEN LIED rocks!!!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
me too, i used to do that and stoping it before right after an episode. but in my case it was both, the intro and the ending.
ethio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:13   Link #1838
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Huh? So do you like it or not?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:42   Link #1839
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
I love almost every song they chose to put in Elfen Lied. ^.^
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489

Last edited by Jamezterr; 2007-07-15 at 02:06.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:54   Link #1840
Jexkt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anime Shop: beside the Specal Manga
Love This Anime ! Its kinda sad. The Story is awsome T_T
Jexkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.