AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-03, 17:21   Link #41
samir85

Send a message via ICQ to samir85
I wonder if there are any other Overnet Users.

Primary, I use BT and IRC, especially for new releases and high amounts of data it's great.
Furthermore, I use Overnet for MP3s, Video Clips and smaller stuff . I think it's quite useable when it comes to rare data and when Download Speed is not that important, though the Speeds are far better to the ones in the ED2K Network.
samir85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 03:50   Link #42
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I occasionally use Overnet... you are right about Overnet being a good place to find rare media... and it's also very easy to search for stuff since there are lots of link websites... however... the download speeds are really wack... and that was enough for me to stop using that program frequently...
Old 2004-08-04, 05:16   Link #43
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

My 2cts...

eMule works fine as alternative for BT and IRC. Don't expect it to ever go as fast though.

Best results are achieved when:
- You connect to the AnimeReactor server as mentioned by NoSanninWa on first page of this thread.
- Use the AnimeReactor forum or AniDB site (register to get the links) to get needed links
- Leave eMule running continueusly. Leave it on at night, don't stop it for days.
- First results will probably not appear until after 24 hours, download rates get better after that.
- Expect to usually upload more than you download.

Some more notes:
- Patience. Patience. Patience. That's what's eMule is about.
- Make sure ports are properly configured so that you don't get a lowid.
(if it is possible to configure this, as for example I unfortunately can't -- I don't have control over the router I'm behind)
- It takes a while to get through the queues of other people, so... be patient.
- Don't remove the stuff you downloaded from others. If you upload these to others, you get
credits with them, which in turn can lower your ranking in their queues much faster.

Example:
- In the past week or so I was able to get gigabytes (4-6 Gb) of eMule.
- Then again the files were pretty popular, which helps with the download rates.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote