AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2004-08-07, 00:31   Link #41
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
wah~?
nobody reads katsu?
if u like hajime no ippo, u should like this one.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 21:07   Link #42
Spyre
"Soon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Yotsubato!
I bet this will happen, actually, but not for a while.
This is already rumored to be happening.
Old 2004-08-08, 03:32   Link #43
hooliganj
Team Player

20th Century Boys and Happy would be awesome, especially given how good Monster is. I also agree HanaKimi would make a great series, and already has a lot of material available.

If we're thinking about reworking old OVAs into full series, like Battle Angel or Gunsmith Cats, I think Here is Greenwood and Please Save My Earth deserve the same treatment. When they finish PSME, they can work on Mirai no Utena (source of my avatar). I'm glad they finally realized Urasawa makes good anime, now it's time to see more from Hiwatari.

Oh, also, XXXholic is the best title CLAMP has done in a while, and I can't wait to see it animated... 'cuz you know it'll happen.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 07:02   Link #44
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I'd like Kung Fu boy Chimi to be animated- this is a very long running manga series [read up to book 21- it's maybe twice that lenght already] with both brutal and realistic martial arts. If they pull it off like Shura no Toki I'd have died and gone to heaven
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 19:07   Link #45
crimsonwings

Send a message via AIM to crimsonwings
I'd like to see Chronicles of the Cursed Sword made into an anime and Myung Jin Lee's Ragnarok, I 'd also liek to see Lament of the Lamb and Crescent Moon made into an anime.
Old 2004-08-09, 20:07   Link #46
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

I'd say....KH, Black Cat, and Air Gear.
Old 2004-08-09, 20:13   Link #47
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonwings
I'd like to see Chronicles of the Cursed Sword made into an anime and Myung Jin Lee's Ragnarok, I 'd also liek to see Lament of the Lamb and Crescent Moon made into an anime.
Lament of the Lamb was made into an anime, well a 4 part OVA series atleast.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/188.html
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 14:35   Link #48
auriya

Just read Dogs, which I'd love to see animated...but not only is it just one volume, the story was left half-finished. You can download the one volume here, though.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 23:52   Link #49
Adorkami

A lot should be made

Berserk needs to have new eps made, has a strong fan base so it should be able to have a long enough tv life
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 00:00   Link #50
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami
Berserk needs to have new eps made, has a strong fan base so it should be able to have a long enough tv life
Everyone says this but they skipped too much of the 8 volumes of the manga the television series covers to continue it. Let the series be, it exists to promote the manga, not to be a series in and of itself.
Old 2004-08-30, 17:48   Link #51
Loki-sama

Being a fan of Ken Akamatsu, I would really like to see A.I. Love You and Negima made into a series. Also a version of Steel Angel Kurumi that follows the manga.
Loki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 17:48   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Hm i would say

Lagoon Engine, Negima, Mamotte Lollipop, Cyber Idol Mink( was suppost to be an anime), Black Cat umm lots
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 01:22   Link #53
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
A fresh season of Rave would be nice, once Mashima-san is far enough into the manga that the anime couldn't easily catch up and have to end so open-ended. The rest of the Rave manga introduces so many new characters, and it'd be awesome to see them animated. I'd especially look forward to seeing Hilde and Nibel in anime form. And more Sieghart is always a good thing.

It'd be interesting if ShutterBox attracted a massive enough audience that some animation studio in Japan decided to make it an anime. I love the manga, and with the right animation, a ShutterBox anime would just be divine. Although...what are the chances an American-made manga would ever become anime...?
Old 2004-09-01, 01:34   Link #54
Spyre
"Soon"

Negima is definately happening... I remember reading a casting list a couple months back. Forget where though, sorry.
Old 2004-09-01, 02:34   Link #55
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Yeah, Negima's happening. AI whatever is so derivative that it could never be made into an anime (Weird Science, anyone? A.I. ga Tomaranai's an early 90's American classic with a Japanese culture twist and downloadable clothes).

And I hate to be the bearer of obvious stupidity, but most of you are stating things that either have been made into animes or have been announced as about to be made into animes. Come on, people~ repeating stuff over and over isn't going to stimulate conversation. I for one have no interest in seeing most of my favorite mangas as animes... I like them as mangas and there's just something lost in the conversion that I don't want to see lost in my favorite series (I'd rather Midori no Hibi never had an anime at all than have that and the same can be said for Houshin Engi). And the few shows that I want to see animated probably couldn't be pulled off well (Air Gear... I think that'd be pretty sweet in motion if done correctly and with a very high budget, but it'll never happen... well, the animation might, but the high budget almost definately won't).

Really, I'd rather see more mature anime themes in general. Things that are usually made into live action dramas like Ii Hito and Green would make interesting animes. Granted, they make equaly good dramas as well... but honestly, I prefer the animation medium to live acting... especially Japanese daytime television live acting... but with animation comes Ichigo 100% panty-without-plot fanboys I have to sit through when I wanna talk about substance and character depth and something other than shounen crap. (example: "Dude, did you see the plot twist in Ichi100 last week!? They added a new giant-titted chick that shows her panties!" "OMFGLOLBBQ!! I love it even more now!1"). You know, they do that in Japan, too, but the only difference is that the ones saying it are like 12 years old, while here they're my age and mentally incapacitated. Makes me wanna crawl under a rock and die.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 05:02   Link #56
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I would say, xxxHolic, maybe even a Tsubasa: Resivoir Chronicles anime
Clover too, man...all I can think of is CLAMP series ^^" hm, Bleach is already happening, I'd like to see Yotsubatsu though. A remake of Spiral that fixes that lame ending ^^"

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 16:37   Link #57
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
I'd like Kung Fu boy Chimi to be animated- this is a very long running manga series [read up to book 21- it's maybe twice that lenght already] with both brutal and realistic martial arts. If they pull it off like Shura no Toki I'd have died and gone to heaven
um....Chinmi's already been made into an Anime, kinda old too, was madein the late 80s or early 90s I think <.<
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:32   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Although I said Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou earlier, I still want to see it animated, I'd also like to suggest Mitsuru Adachi's Short Program mangas. While only two volumes in length there are more than enough short stories in there to make a twelve or thirteen episode series much like Human Scramble.
Old 2004-09-02, 15:54   Link #59
Chao Otaku

Lesse...
Yotsubato
Zombie Powder
Suikoden 3
+ Anima
Milk Closet

And most of all, MAR (not to be confused with MARS :P)
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 23:08   Link #60
TerryMathews

MARS
/thread
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote