AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 14:13   Link #1
D-Scythe

Exclamation Azureus, McAfee and the NAT

Hi!
I'm using Azureus and as usual there is a NAT Error
I have Mc Afee virus scan together with spyware protection.
Could someone tell me how to adjust my Mc Afee Virus scan so that the NAT Error will be adjusted.

I haven't seen any thread lik this before.
10x
D-Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 14:20   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Scythe
Hi!
I'm using Azureus and as usual there is a NAT Error
I have Mc Afee virus scan together with spyware protection.
Could someone tell me how to adjust my Mc Afee Virus scan so that the NAT Error will be adjusted.

I haven't seen any thread lik this before.
10x
When exactly does that NAT error occur? Only when you open Azureus? Does it occur too when you've disabled Mc Afee? What does the error message say? How is the Health of your torrents in Azureus (color of the smiley)?

Whew, must keep you busy after all
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 14:28   Link #3
D-Scythe

It occurs when i test the port on Configuration wizard. Yes it occurs even when i disable mcafee. Health either yellow or red or black. Testing port 6881 ... NAT Error.
Old 2004-07-12, 14:38   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
It occurs when i test the port on Configuration wizard. Yes it occurs even when i disable mcafee. Health either yellow or red or black. Testing port 6881 ... NAT Error.
Did you enable UPnP in the router configuration?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-12, 14:40   Link #5
D-Scythe

What is that? and from where do i enable it?
Old 2004-07-12, 15:08   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
What is that?
It's a feature that let's Azureus configure your router on its own - if it is activated in Azureus (it is by default) and in the router configuration.
Look here to find out more about UPnP and how to configure a Linksys router to support UPnP. (Scroll down to Azureus 2.1.0.2.)

Quote:
and from where do i enable it?
The IP you have to type into the address bar of your internet browser depends on your router. Go here to find out about the router IP.

For more information on tracker problems read this post.

Old 2004-07-12, 16:34   Link #7
D-Scythe

okay i got my ip. now weher to put it? And will this make my smilies turn green and remove my NAT error? Will speed increase?
Old 2004-07-12, 16:45   Link #8
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
okay i got my ip. now weher to put it?

In the address bar of your Internet browser.
Quote:
And will this make my smilies turn green and remove my NAT error?
No, it will most likely let the color stay at yellow but it will work like having green faces.
Hopefully.

Quote:
Will speed increase?
If it works, yes.

Old 2004-07-13, 01:44   Link #9
D-Scythe

[QUOTE=_Sin_]In the address bar of your Internet browser.

You mean in the address bar of Internet Explorer? sorry if i ask too much questions but i'm not very good at these technical words.
Old 2004-07-13, 05:40   Link #10
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
You mean in the address bar of Internet Explorer? sorry if i ask too much questions but i'm not very good at these technical words.
Yup, that's right.

Old 2004-07-13, 05:50   Link #11
Shadowlord
~DESU

before you do this, check to see if Internet connection firewall is enebled.I fit is, you will have to disable it. click on start>control panel>network connections>right click local area connection, then browse to the advanced tab. make sure that the "protect my computer and netwrok..... box is UNCHECKED.

if this doesn't solve your NAT problems you could do it manually if it doesn't work by (if u have a linksys router) typing in the address bar 192.168.1.1. leave login blank, and in password type admin. Then click the advanced tab,then the forwarding tab.
under customized applications type something like Bittorrent. under ext port type 6881 TO 6889. Then check the box that says enable protocol TCP. Under IP address type the last 3 digits of your IP ( you can find out what they are by clicking on start>run>then type ipconfig then find the last 3 digits of the Ip, shoud be 192.168.1.then 3 numbers. enter the 3 nembers into the IP address of the router configuration and then check the enable box. Click the save button, and that should be it.
Old 2004-07-13, 07:31   Link #12
D-Scythe

Damn it still gives me the NAT error when i disabled Firewall
BTW what is Linksys?

Last edited by D-Scythe; 2004-07-13 at 07:52.
Old 2004-07-13, 08:17   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Damn it still gives me the NAT error when i disabled Firewall
Did you enable UPnP support in the router configuration? If yes, configure Azureus without the Configuration wizard, download a torrent file and tell us the Health.

Quote:
BTW what is Linksys?
A manufacturer of routers.

Old 2004-07-13, 09:34   Link #14
D-Scythe

yes UPNP is enabled. Smilies are still yellow and download seems to be the same
Old 2004-07-14, 17:15   Link #15
D-Scythe

Help!

HELP ME! Azureus is still rubbish on my pc. Bit Torrent was better and i can't make my Azureus as fast as others. "fast"
Old 2004-07-14, 17:41   Link #16
Shadowlord
~DESU

ok, you said you disabled the firewall, are you talking about the firewall built into windows, or some other firewall such as mcafee/norton/router.if you have a router we will need to know the make. The router should be a box that is connected between your computer and your modem(or if you dont have a modem to your internet connection) typical routers would be linksys and D-link, so if you have anything that says that, please inform us.
Old 2004-07-15, 03:37   Link #17
D-Scythe

I disabled Mc Affee. The thing i have between my modem and computer is like another modem but used so that i can share the internet from my borther's room into mine.
Old 2004-07-15, 04:29   Link #18
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I disabled Mc Affee. The thing i have between my modem and computer is like another modem but used so that i can share the internet from my borther's room into mine.
Then it is a router I guess. Go to www.whatismyip.com to find out your router's IP and type that IP into the address bar. This should open the configuration windows for your router. Look like something like "Enable UPnP" and check it. After that, enable UPnP with Azureus in Configuration:Plugins:UPnP

*looks above and sees that he's written the same thing twice already*

Oh well, download the latest Naruto episode and see if the speed has improved. Let Azureus run more than 10 mins.

Old 2004-07-15, 09:05   Link #19
D-Scythe

I ENABLED the UpNp already.
the problem is that when i enter my pin in the browser it gives me this :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We can't find "194.158.37.124"

You can try again by typing the URL in the address bar above.
Or, search the Web:

Go to MSN Search to see complete results for "194.158.37.124".

Check availability or register the domain name '194.158.37.124'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More information about this error.
About Results

Not satisfied with your results? Help us improve.