AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 20:21   Link #121
GanChan
Lab Rat

Send a message via Yahoo to GanChan
Smile

Hi everyone! This is my 1st post here on this board
I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed TnK. The character design took a while getting used to, but what really attracted me to this show was the chemistry of the cast. IMHO, this is one show that really lives and dies by the performance of the seiyuu, and Hayashibara Megumi and co. really delivers

I thot the ending was a little rushed and too convenient (and left me begging for more), but overall, I really enjoyed the ride while it lasted...
GanChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 16:42   Link #122
Leon.S.Kenedy

Question Is this series finished?

Is only Anime Empire subing this anime or are there any other subers. Has this series bean finished yet or are we still in episode 41?
Leon.S.Kenedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 17:16   Link #123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon.S.Kenedy
Is only Anime Empire subing this anime or are there any other subers. Has this series bean finished yet or are we still in episode 41?
All your answers are here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/60.html

We don't post that information just for our own amusement, you know.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 17:57   Link #124
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

What? You don't?? awe, nuts. (*ducks NSW's super anti-pun nukulator weapon*)
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 17:00   Link #125
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just saw 42 in the front page. AE, you make my day. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 18:46   Link #126
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

YAY!! Only 8 more to go!!

Just as a stupid curiousity question, what takes you guys so long between episode releases? Is it stupid things like real life, lack of dvd's, or something else less obvious? I'm not trying to complain one bit. I'm just curious more than anything. I love TnK and can't wait for the last 8 episodes.
Old 2004-10-26, 20:55   Link #127
Asura Zanmaden
A-E Timer/Slacker

Send a message via AIM to Asura Zanmaden Send a message via Yahoo to Asura Zanmaden
Other then real life, the main problem really comes down to translators. We have not been able to find people that can consistently do translations on a regular basis. If you take a look at the past translators, they have all basically been volunteers.
Asura Zanmaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 21:45   Link #128
JediNight
キズランダム

What Asura said -- most of the delays stem from like 6month gaps between having translators who want to do TnK. The dialogue in TnK is very involved -- they talk really fast and overall theres like 2x as much dialogue in TnK as the average anime. A large toll on translators, and we don't force our translators to work on projects they don't want to do, bc the end result usually isn't that great then.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 23:06   Link #129
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ah! Ok, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info!
Old 2004-11-10, 02:21   Link #130
furix

Thanks for the spoiler, I wasn't really planning on watching/reading this series, a friend just told me what it was about and I just wanted to know the ending, was not too interested in the inbetween of the series(lol). So now that I know what happens, I just have a small question, if that's what the trickster ginie did... What was really the original wish? Why would a 9 year old girl ask to be more manly?! Does this get explained? Thanks in advance.
furix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 02:33   Link #131
The Yellow Dwarf

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood2970
It was repetitious because the story went almost no where and it was just two guys going after one girl and the girl looking for a way to change back into a guy
But Megumi is really cute.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 03:13   Link #132
furix

Oh I see... So that was really the wish of the 9 year old girl. I am guessing she wished to be more manly and the genie granted her wish by making her think she was a man, which would make her manly, in a way... Weird weird. Iono.
Old 2004-11-11, 01:32   Link #133
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm with A-E who is subbing TnK and I have watched the raws thru the end of the series, so here goes if you want to be spoiled ......

Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 01:41   Link #134
furix

Haha, dayum! Thanks a lot! You have saved me a lot of time!
Old 2005-12-23, 18:04   Link #135
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Tenshi na Konamaiki (Cheeky Angel)

Yeah, it's a little old now (2002 ), but I just noticed it on Anime Empire's list and decided to try the first episode. And... the characters are really ugly... >_< I'm wondering if the series redeems itself in other categories later...

Something odd, though. In the first episode, the genie guy says that the effects will wear off after 10 yrs, but the friend keeps talking about how he'll never turn back into a guy again... a mistake in the subs in the first episode?

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2005-12-24 at 19:26.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:00   Link #136
howzitboy

ahh tnk *heavy sigh* , one of my fav fav animes of all time. yes , the animation sucked , but thats how it was drawn in the manga but the voice acting way more then made up for it!! i just loved megus laugh.... and yes, its finished subbing along time ago.if u read here u would think its still on episode 42 *wink*. AE hit their stride and the last 8 came out pretty fast.
i loved the ending and wish it would go on longer (ala one piece). but all good things come to an end. One day ill dig out my dvds (burned em already) and rewatch this whole anime again....
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:01   Link #137
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Yeah, it's a little old now (2002 ), but I just noticed it on Anime Empire's list and decided to try the first episode. And... the characters are really ugly... >_< I'm wondering if the series redeems itself in other categories later...

Something odd, though. In the first episode, the genie guy says that the effects will wear off after 10 yrs, but the friend keeps talking about how he'll never turn back into a guy again... a mistake in the subs in the first episode?

u have to watch the seires to understand the "powers" of the genie and the 'real' identity of megumi..........any more would be a spoiler...so watch it for urselves...trust me its good.....its not eyecandy graphics but its ROFLMAO fun
poseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 12:09   Link #138
Badgirl22

Being a girl myself, I just love the idea of anime shows where boys become girls and would love to see more of them.

So does anyone know if there are anymore series like this ?
Badgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 12:25   Link #139
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirl22
Being a girl myself, I just love the idea of anime shows where boys become girls and would love to see more of them.

So does anyone know if there are anymore series like this ?
Kashimashi?

Though Kashimashi is a lot different than TNK, in that the boy wasn't particularly masculine before the change.
Old 2006-04-06, 14:30   Link #140
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Are you sure the genie said that? I don't remember..... If that is true, what is the point of the entire story?

Oh, A-E actually finished the series. Thank you so much!