AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 04:48   Link #1
Draikan7

Who is the music composer for Escaflowne?

I think the music composer for Escaflowne was Yoko something?? I am wondering what other anime this person composed music for? Thanks!
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 06:11   Link #2
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7
i think the music composer for escaflowne was yoko something?? i am wondering what other anime this person composed music for? thanks!
Kanno Youko (or Yoko Kanno as credited in the U.S.) has composed for a wide variety of anime productions including, but not limited to:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Turn-A Gundam
RahXephon

just a few off the top of my head... I remember there are some rabid fans of Yoko Kanno here on Animesuki--they'll take good care of the rest
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 07:27   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Also:

Earth Girl Arjuna
Brain Powerd

I guess I could call myself a rabid Yoko Kanno fan, but my knowledge doesn't extend further than these two and the five above
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 08:13   Link #4
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Also:

Jin Roh
Macross
Record of Lodoss War OP Theme (which is awesome)
Please Save my Earth

She's also done a couple of game soundtracks, I've got Napple Tale which is considered one of her best albums. A full list of her work can be found here
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 16:51   Link #5
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Send a message via ICQ to KeithCourage Send a message via MSN to KeithCourage
Yes, OP to Record of Lodoss war is great. Anything Youko is great. Napple Tale eh? No! my collection must be complete. Youko is too versatile...I'm humbled. Jin-Roh OST is amazing, especially if you liked the movie. Any news on a new project for Youko?
Old 2004-08-10, 17:20   Link #6
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCourage
Yes, OP to Record of Lodoss war is great. Anything Youko is great. Napple Tale eh? No! my collection must be complete. Youko is too versatile...I'm humbled. Jin-Roh OST is amazing, especially if you liked the movie. Any news on a new project for Youko?
I read she's been working on the OST for the Cowboy Beebop PS2 game which comes out later this year. Aside from the GITS soundtracks she's also contributed to the music for 'Mnd Game' a new film from Studio4c, the people behind Tweeny Witches, but I don't know anything about the movie.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 09:38   Link #7
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
The Escaflowne soundtrack was also co-produced by Hajime Mizoguchi, who actually had the lead position in the composition of the Jin-Roh soundtrack.

She's also done soundtracks for live action tv shows, one is called 23時の音楽 (23ji no ongaku) for a show called something like "On the Other Side of Midnight." Can't say I've seen the show, but I bought the soundtrack sight-unseen. It's got several songs with vocals by Maaya Sakamoto as well, with several in English. My personal fave from that CD is the first track, Two Things, which is just damn smooth.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote