AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-16, 16:33   Link #2501
nikorai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
mokopi
The first one should rather be
あなたの説明は分かりやすいです。

Quote:
Then, is this sentence even grammatically correct?
I personally have problems building complex sentences, so I would simply split that one in two.

ご健康をお祈り申し上げます。is extremely formal

I think that it should be something like
nikoraiの健康を祈ってるよ。しっかりして!
(not sure about using the tense and endings)

But let's wait for the corrections from the native speaker.
__________________
Nick

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 16:54   Link #2502
mendokusa
めんど草
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: near NAGOYA
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to mendokusa
ここにいるみんなに健康を!
everyone there is here,give you good health.
Quote:
この若さでまだ死にたくない。たから、死なないように頑張るんだ。
first sentence is only for myself(subject),but i feel second sentence for yourself.
for me
この若さでまだ死にたくない。だから、死なないように頑張っているんだ。(or頑張る。)
for you
その若さでまだ死んではいけない。だから死なないように頑張るんだ。(or頑張れ。)
Quote:
nikoraiの健康を祈ってるよ。しっかりして!
It's better to be さんbehind name for doing honor to you.
nikoraiさんの健康を祈っているよ。
use family name,be 氏si behind family name for more honor to you
nikorai氏の健康を祈っているよ。
氏is used on newspaper.
when say to someone's face ,normally use さん.

Last edited by mendokusa; 2009-07-16 at 17:32.
mendokusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 19:34   Link #2503
nikorai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
mendokusaさん
Thanks for pointing out the differences between 1st\2nd\3rd person.
I think I should be more careful about using のだ\のです endings.

えっと、「さん」と呼ばれたら、ちょっと恥ずかしいです。
私たちはここでかなり砕けた会話していますから、呼び捨てにしてもいいと思います。
__________________
Nick

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 23:40   Link #2504
mokopi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Little Red Dot
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
mokopi
The first one should rather be
あなたの説明は分かりやすいです。


I personally have problems building complex sentences, so I would simply split that one in two.

ご健康をお祈り申し上げます。is extremely formal

I think that it should be something like
nikoraiの健康を祈ってるよ。しっかりして!
(not sure about using the tense and endings)

But let's wait for the corrections from the native speaker.
*tumble weed... fwoosh... *



AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~!!!! I'm such a failure T-T

D8>

*folds paper cranes in a corner*

もっと勉強しなきゃならないし…
__________________
I believe in not losing the childlike self even as I age. Like this, life is more than just what the adults see
mokopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 01:47   Link #2505
mokopi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Little Red Dot
Age: 27
助けて~!

I need to know if this is correct... another attempt to write in japanese... hahaha…

Here it is:
次のブログから、Translationと日本語で書いています。時間があったら、日本語をまだ勉強してい る皆立ちの為に Romajiをつけて上げる と思います。よろしくね~!一緒に頑張りましょ うか。

From the next blog, I will be writing using Japanese with translation. If time permits, I think I will add in Romaji for the sake of those still learning Japanese. Yoroshiku ne~! Let's work hard together, shall we?

お先に 助けてありがとう~!
__________________
I believe in not losing the childlike self even as I age. Like this, life is more than just what the adults see
mokopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:47   Link #2506
mendokusa
めんど草
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: near NAGOYA
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to mendokusa
nikorai
Quote:
えっと、「さん」と呼ばれたら、ちょっと恥ずかしいです。
私たちはここでかなり砕けた会話していますから、呼び捨てにしてもいいと思います。
すみません。
I'm sorry.
日本で「さん」をつけない間柄の会話だともっと砕けているものだと思ったので・・・
I think that the relation they don't use "さん" is more familiar in japan.
nikorai!健康を祈ってるからな!

mokopi
Quote:
次のブログから、Translationと日本語で書いています。
時間があったら、日本語をまだ勉強している皆立ちの為に Romajiをつけて上げる と思い ます。
よろしくね~!一緒に頑張りましょ うか。
次のブログから、Translationと日本語で書いていきます。時間があったら、日本語をまだ勉強して いるみんな(人達)の為にRomajiをつける、と思います。よろしくね~!一緒に頑張りまし ょうか。


What do you like japanese thing or hate one?
why do you learn japanese?
do you have any questions in japan or japanese?
mendokusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:58   Link #2507
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokopi View Post
助けて~!

I need to know if this is correct... another attempt to write in japanese... hahaha…

Here it is:
次のブログから、Translationと日本語で書いています。時間があったら、日本語をまだ勉強してい る皆立ちの為に Romajiをつけて上げる と思います。よろしくね~!一緒に頑張りましょ うか。

From the next blog, I will be writing using Japanese with translation. If time permits, I think I will add in Romaji for the sake of those still learning Japanese. Yoroshiku ne~! Let's work hard together, shall we?

お先に 助けてありがとう~!
The thing is, with good translation (or learning Japanese) is not to literally translate both languages as the end result.
(What is your native language, if you don't mind me asking)

So I'm not sure what language you're using as a natural base, but the english sounds a lil off too. Eitherway, my medicore attempt would be:

次のブログ、日本語や英語で書きます。
For my next blog, I will be writing in Japanese and English.
(Or whatever language you wanna translate to instead of 'english')
Or
翻訳付く日本語で書くつもりです。
(I plan to write in Japanese with translation included.)
時間があれば、日本語を勉強している人のために、ローマ字も書こうと思います。
If I have (enough) time, I think I'll also write in romaji for those who are currently learning Japanese.

Look forward to studying with you, let's try our best! ^^
よろしくね!一緒に頑張りましょう!

Gotta love when people toss in the generic Japanese phrases without thinking of the specific context of what they're using them for xD
If your blog isn't to study, then specify for the English translation whatever it is that you look forward to doing with the other people, given the context.

That's my general translation and interpretation of your sentence there from the top of my head, so it's not perfect.
For writing, it's typically better to write formally or casually if you must, but without the spoken nuances such as 'ne~' or 'ka na~'
Keep the writing as neutral and easy going as possible and save the fun, quirky little suffixes and phrases for your spoken Japanese

As for being like Naruto, well he's my inspiration you know.
There are mad haters of him and then there are admirers and I'm one of the latter.
Of course to be 24/7 driven towards your goal is almost impossible for most humans, this includes Naruto too ironically.
(He has moments in Shippuuden being older and a little wiser where he gives up. He despairs, he falls depressed, he tunes out from the others).
- But for me, his pure, undiluted desire to be Hokage given the fact that he has no special talent or skill, kinda filtered to my offline side of things to try to dedicate myself wholly to something for my life without completely succumbing to the odds against me and giving up on my own dreams years ago when the series began airing.

Part of it, includes becoming fluent in Japanese, both reading and spoken wise, however given that I don't particulary have any talent for languages, it's not the most easy going of challenges to undertake.
Maybe one day, eh
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 08:47   Link #2508
mokopi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Little Red Dot
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
The thing is, with good translation (or learning Japanese) is not to literally translate both languages as the end result.
(What is your native language, if you don't mind me asking)

So I'm not sure what language you're using as a natural base, but the english sounds a lil off too. Eitherway, my medicore attempt would be:

次のブログ、日本語や英語で書きます。
For my next blog, I will be writing in Japanese and English.
(Or whatever language you wanna translate to instead of 'english')
Or
翻訳付く日本語で書くつもりです。
(I plan to write in Japanese with translation included.)
時間があれば、日本語を勉強している人のために、ローマ字も書こうと思います。
If I have (enough) time, I think I'll also write in romaji for those who are currently learning Japanese.

Look forward to studying with you, let's try our best! ^^
よろしくね!一緒に頑張りましょう!

Gotta love when people toss in the generic Japanese phrases without thinking of the specific context of what they're using them for xD
If your blog isn't to study, then specify for the English translation whatever it is that you look forward to doing with the other people, given the context.

That's my general translation and interpretation of your sentence there from the top of my head, so it's not perfect.
For writing, it's typically better to write formally or casually if you must, but without the spoken nuances such as 'ne~' or 'ka na~'
Keep the writing as neutral and easy going as possible and save the fun, quirky little suffixes and phrases for your spoken Japanese

As for being like Naruto, well he's my inspiration you know.
There are mad haters of him and then there are admirers and I'm one of the latter.
Of course to be 24/7 driven towards your goal is almost impossible for most humans, this includes Naruto too ironically.
(He has moments in Shippuuden being older and a little wiser where he gives up. He despairs, he falls depressed, he tunes out from the others).
- But for me, his pure, undiluted desire to be Hokage given the fact that he has no special talent or skill, kinda filtered to my offline side of things to try to dedicate myself wholly to something for my life without completely succumbing to the odds against me and giving up on my own dreams years ago when the series began airing.

Part of it, includes becoming fluent in Japanese, both reading and spoken wise, however given that I don't particulary have any talent for languages, it's not the most easy going of challenges to undertake.
Maybe one day, eh
Hahaha... ya my bad for the bad english. I kind of literal translate it after I tried writing in Japanese. I'm chinese, but I can't say my mother tongue is chinese cos I'm taught English as first language in school... though I must say my english is not good either... considering the place I grew up in is so culturally mixed up that even language itself is a bit warped... hahaha... I'm referring to Singapore.

I realized I can never get it right as to which kind of sentence pattern to use... especially for those which are almost similr... like the ~tara pattern... with ~ba pattern... and a few others which means If~ then~... along that line...

I hope I can gain a better understanding from learning from this site

After so many repeated mistakes, I think I'm really off the track... Sigh...

On a side note, ya... Naruto's really awesome... and an inspiration to me too... if I can just be half as hardworking as him...

Ahhh!!! Anyway, I gotta really apologise to all of u here for my bad and confusing Japanese... T-T So sorry! I'll try harder next time D8
__________________
I believe in not losing the childlike self even as I age. Like this, life is more than just what the adults see
mokopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 08:59   Link #2509
mokopi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Little Red Dot
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendokusa View Post
What do you like japanese thing or hate one?
why do you learn japanese?
do you have any questions in japan or japanese?
Sumimasen... Mendokusa san... I don't quite get what you mean by those questions in regards to my failed attempt to write in japanese...

But, to directly answer that, I love the language because I love the culture, wish to read manga and watch anime without subs, sing japanese song and understand what it means and most importantly, work as an animator in Japan one day...

Sigh... yes, after this episode, I think I have lots of doubts to clarify... as to when to use this sentence pattern and when to use that sentence pattern... what is appropriate for what occasion...

Mendokusa san... I will be troubling you as of now.

Before which, I think I better spend sometime to reread my Japanese notes... from square one...
__________________
I believe in not losing the childlike self even as I age. Like this, life is more than just what the adults see
mokopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 10:10   Link #2510
mendokusa
めんど草
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: near NAGOYA
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to mendokusa
I love global community.
so I had not felt trouble whenever I come here.

I watch nikoniko video.
Taiwanese,Chinese,German,Hebrew,American,etc
Often I watch these people's video.

they have each culture,but we are same earth's people.
I can write bad English,but wanna take to you.
that's reason I'm here.
mendokusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 10:55   Link #2511
mokopi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Little Red Dot
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendokusa View Post
I love global community.
so I had not felt trouble whenever I come here.

I watch nikoniko video.
Taiwanese,Chinese,German,Hebrew,American,etc
Often I watch these people's video.

they have each culture,but we are same earth's people.
I can write bad English,but wanna take to you.
that's reason I'm here.
Ah, Mendoukusa san, thank you. I think I kind of understand what you mean. Surely, I'll love to get all the help I need from you and many others to help me with my japanese
__________________
I believe in not losing the childlike self even as I age. Like this, life is more than just what the adults see
mokopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 19:07   Link #2512
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Could someone suggest me a Japanese dictionary website with optional English translations?
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 19:50   Link #2513
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I found this song* very helpful, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDk_blbsL-M

(This was a joke, so no one get pissy plz)

I wish i wasnt lazy and try to learn some japanese -_- it make my game playing so much better. (being able to play japanese versions)
__________________

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-07-18 at 20:12.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 21:36   Link #2514
klowny
OH NO
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York
Age: 23
Does anyone know a book that i can learn Kanji from?
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 22:12   Link #2515
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
Does anyone know a book that i can learn Kanji from?
Remembering the Kanji

That's what I'm using. It only gives you the English 'key meaning' of a kanji and the steps on how to write them correctly. If you want to learn kanji, you should start there. You will need a dictionary to actually read the characters in Japanese though.

Check out this site for more information.
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 20:53   Link #2516
iLney
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Hi

And thank everyone who answered my questions.

ほこりが積もった机 => the desk is covered in dust.

This is.... weird. For me, it looks like: dust is the covered desk.

机はほこりが積もってる。 Should it be something like that instead?...
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 01:18   Link #2517
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Hi

And thank everyone who answered my questions.

ほこりが積もった机 => the desk is covered in dust.

This is.... weird. For me, it looks like: dust is the covered desk.

机はほこりが積もってる。 Should it be something like that instead?...
I might be wrong but I would had translated "ほこりが積もった机" by The desk coverted by dust".
For "the desk is covered in dust'' I think "机はほこり積もってる。would be more appropriate. But of course I could be wrong.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 06:04   Link #2518
mendokusa
めんど草
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: near NAGOYA
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to mendokusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
ほこりが積もった机
机がほこり積もってる。
机にほこりが積もっている。
the desk is covered in dust.
ほこりがつもった机
the desk covered by dust.

when the desk is invisible for dust.
ほこりに埋(u)まった机

机がほこりに埋(u)もれる

~にーが積もる(積もっている)
~ is coverd in ー.

other example,
{地面(dimenn)に}雪(yuki)が積もる。
the ground is covered with snow.
mendokusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 08:42   Link #2519
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
今日は 皆さん
久しぶり だな!
皆さん げんき?
オレはげんきです.

ちょっと疑もんがある...助け合げってください...

(emmm.. should that be 助けてください...)

(I hope my above sentences are gramatically and verbally correct...I'm still a basic learner)


In

the following sentence..

勝手に人ん家上がりこんでんじゃね–よ
Don’t enter like this into somebody’s house without permission (as you please)
This sentence is something I recently came across...

勝手に人の家上がってこないで.
Don’t enter into somebody’s house without permission...
this is the sentence I am familiar with, I hope it's gramatically correct...

But in above sentence (it's in informal terms I don't get the word こんでん)

I do think its an extention for ko [来 (kita) to come] but still i'm not sure でん part of it...does it have any significance in the sentence?

Can the sentence be put in another form (informal terms only)?

like:

勝手に人ん(の)家上がってんじゃね–よ.

does this change the meaning of the sentence a little?

教えってください...タノむよ...

よろしくお願いします.

Last edited by sonotme_9FedriqSama; 2009-07-20 at 08:53.
sonotme_9FedriqSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 10:02   Link #2520
mendokusa
めんど草
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: near NAGOYA
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to mendokusa
Quote:
勝手に人ん家上がりこんでんじゃね–よ
this change easy to understand it.
勝手に人の家に上がりこんでいるんじゃないよ
this "こん" isn't "来るkuru",becouse "来る"should change "来て(kite)"then.
so,this "こん" is "込むkomu",and "込む"should change "込みで(komide)"then.
but "込みで" is not easy to speak.
”上がりこみで”→(撥音便hatsuonnbinn)"上がりこんで"

"~でいるんじゃないよ”→”~でるんじゃないよ”→”でんじゃないよ”
when someone already have entered.

勝手に人ん家上がってんじゃねーよ。
when someone is entering just now.

”ないよ”→”ねーよ”
mendokusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hiragana

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.