AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-15, 00:29   Link #41
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
whoa- stop that, you're hyping Monster/setting me up for a dissapointment and making Madlax seem like a waiste of time.

Did you not like Madlax? If that's what happened that would solve everything.

I will get Monster so no reason to really get negative about it. I just want to wait till I can get an entire batch of atleast 24. I really can't stand following an incomplete series because of the week or so wait in between episodes.

So you didn't like Madlax then? So far, I've liked it, after your comment though, is Madlax really that bad?
I didn't want to make it look like I was saying that Madlax is bad show, I just wanted to say that Monster is so good for me that it is already a classic.

The other thing is that I understood that you didn't want to download monster because there were not enough seeds for it. I was trying to tell you to not stop yourself from watching something good just because of a simple seeding problem.

Anyway, I'm glad that you are going to bother taking a look at Monster. You won't be disappointed
Old 2004-08-15, 12:39   Link #42
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I didn't want to make it look like I was saying that Madlax is bad show, I just wanted to say that Monster is so good for me that it is already a classic.

The other thing is that I understood that you didn't want to download monster because there were not enough seeds for it. I was trying to tell you to not stop yourself from watching something good just because of a simple seeding problem.

Anyway, I'm glad that you are going to bother taking a look at Monster. You won't be disappointed

If you say so, but I'm holding you against it lol.

Well One of my attempts to get a 13 episode anime died because I can't find a subbed version anywhere. And I currently got 1 download going so, Lemme go fish out the first 2 eps of Monster.
Old 2004-08-15, 16:07   Link #43
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
2003:

Gungrave - One of the best animes I've seen. It's perfect on most points, except maybe 1 or two episodes that wasn't as good as the rest(oh yeah, and the first episode really s*cks, don't stop watching just because you hated that one, cause the rest of the series is nothing like that).
You will surely like it, it have probably the best character development I've seen and some really nice(realistic) animation.
The show is very similiar to Berserk(if you've watched it), the pattern, the style an so on.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Very good anime(not finished yet), don't know what else to say really... you'll like it.

Scrapped Princess - It doesn't have as much action as the two above, but it definitely have it's fights, along with good story and characters.

Wolf's Rain - Also one of the best animes I've seen. I love the dark "end of the world"-theme(that's no spoiler btw). It have very good action, music, characters and story(except the 4-episodes recap).

Hmm, that's weird, I haven't seen any action-anime fron 2004 yet
Old 2004-08-16, 02:20   Link #44
NarutoHead

Love Hina ownz 2004.

and every other year. Even the begening of time.
Old 2004-08-16, 10:01   Link #45
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
Does everyone agree that Monster is "100x better" than Madlax?
Hell no. Personally, I think Monster just isn't all it is cracked up to be. It shows the ugliness of humanity that most people tend to ignore. But for people that embrace humanity rather than ignoring it, Monster is just watching some guy sweating for 20 minutes.
Old 2004-08-17, 07:11   Link #46
NarutoHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
Hell no. Personally, I think Monster just isn't all it is cracked up to be. It shows the ugliness of humanity that most people tend to ignore. But for people that embrace humanity rather than ignoring it, Monster is just watching some guy sweating for 20 minutes.
LOL, wel lets see im on episode 8 or 9ish. I deffinetly like it so far.

I guess you just have to be open minded. I told a friend to download it and he told me you coulnd't finish episode one because the anime style seemed american.

!!! It angered me that he gave such a silly excuse to dismis great anime.

Madlax, i watche d maybe 3 episodes, I liked it too. But Madlax is a 13 episode series. Monster is scheduled for 78. 78!! lmao hahah what's going to happen?

and if anyone mutters even the slightest spoiler I will by all means do whatevers possible.(please just careful what you say).

I don't think I'll ever like anything as much as naruto though.
Old 2004-08-17, 08:33   Link #47
Silent Otaku

Since the there is still 4 1/2 months left in the year,ill probably be posting again

I no praticular order

Bakuretsu Tenshi
FMA
Melody of Oblivion
Samurai Champloo
Gantz
Old 2004-08-17, 08:41   Link #48
Anko
みたらしアンコ

Send a message via MSN to Anko
Quote:
Madlax, i watched maybe 3 episodes, I liked it too. But Madlax is a 13 episode series.

Madlax is actually a 26 episodes series.

Top 5 anime of 2004? Lesee...
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Madlax
-Midori no Hibi
-Samurai Champloo
-Samurai 7
Old 2004-08-17, 14:12   Link #49
NarutoHead

[QUOTE=Anko]

Madlax is actually a 26 episodes series.

I knew that, i was uhh... testing you guys.

but the point was Monster is ALOT more.
Closed Thread