AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-22, 21:29   Link #41
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
To answer Kamui's spoiler question...
Spoiler:


As for Sophia and Fayt ending up together, every(well, about 95%) private action in the game effects how the entire party feels about Fayt, even characters that aren't in your party. To give an example, if you choose to keep battling in the simulator on Hydra, not only will Sophia like you less, but other people such as Nel will too. Makes me wish I had looked at the book sooner, but I wanted to play without. I chose to kept battling and lost the third one, causing Nel to like me less by about 10 points. Geuss the people like to gossip and tell each other stuff. I still managed to get with her because I consulted the book afterward for private actions.
I just found a private action faq online. It doesn't tell the scores for each pa, but it does tell if the effects are positive or negative. As far as I can tell, even though I was being mean to sophia ever since I got her back, she still has a huge lead because I was nice in the begining. Assuming each pa is worth 5 points, sophia has a 20 point lead on nel and 25 on maria. I did find a pa that can close the gap somewhat that I can still get.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 22:59   Link #42
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Just beat the game today, got the endings for Fayt + Sophia, Fayt + Maria (boo-freaking-ya!) and Fayt + Nel (another hoo-freaking-ya!).

The couple endings for Maria and Nel was surprisingly a lot longer than the ending with Sophia, which lasted for like 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Finally beat the game!!! One thing that's annoying me though, even though I tried to ruin any chance of fayt and sophia getting together, no matter what I do I can't get any other ending. I never used fayt and sophia in the same party, I picked 'you're an idiot' in that one private action in the castle, and I gave her 6 of those -1 emotion things. I guess I'll just have to pick up a strategy guide, cause I must be doing something wrong....
The problem is that Sophia not only starts out with the most affection points with Fayt, but there are a lot of PAs in the game that boosts her score a whole ton (like 6-8 points PAs, which is equal to 2-4 normal PAs for other characters), so even if you try avoiding being nice to Sophia, the points does add up.

I wanted a Maria ending so I was being an ass to Sophia during the last half of the game, and I still ended up with her. Ended up having to give her 20 -1 emotion items to get me Maria's ending, and a couple of -1's on Maria to get Nel's ending.

Didn't have enough to get my Mirage ending though
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 04:57   Link #43
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
My horrors with the time I spend just for SO3

Well in my case :
- At first play I got the Sophia ending : what an ass ending, it even didnt show any affection at all, well....it kind of..
- second play I started from disc 2 from my previous save, I acted like an ass to Sophia so I could get my self a nice Nel ending, but wtf, when it ended, I got the ALONE ending, HORSE CRAP!
- third play from disc 2, I'm more carefull this time, still aiming for the Nel ending, even begging my gf to continue playing it while I'm off tofinished some stuff, she did what I begged her to, but still in the end....i got the ADRAY ending, but its funny....and kinda worth it....
- fourth play, I'm at loss, giving up playing because of boredom and frustation so I went to my friends house and copied his memory card with Nel's and Maria's endings in it. Lucky me!

But yeah, among the endings I got, I like the Maria one best, Nel second, and finally Adray
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 08:47   Link #44
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Maria's ending is indeed the best, and so was Nel's.

Anyone notice that the couple endings seems to be a continuation of the single endings?
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 10:34   Link #45
noir maou_sama
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: in darkness
Seeing as many people have beaten the gme, has anyone tried the Maze of Tribulations? I reccomend putting freezing on a weapon. You'll be getting new weapons sooner or later for most people so I reccomend putting it on Fayt's Veinslay, because his weapon is much farther down and you may not want it on there permanentl. It can can be created through smithery at base price 400. I'm down to level 6 and so far, many enemies are susceptable to freezing, which is an instant death after being struck and shattered. I like to use Fayt because his Dimension Door goes out wide and counts as him physically attacking the enemy. This results in many enemies being frozen at once.
Right now, my attack range for my party is 4,200-6,000 and defense around 1,000. It could be higher, but I'm waiting for the bst weapons before I use up all my money(synthesis is expensive!) I also managhed to get high in the ranking at the battle arena, but the Demon Lords group at rank 3 are hard and have a high amount of HP and MP. We lasted for a while, but then ended up losing.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 12:42   Link #46
Gevurah
What you say?!?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a place where I don't want to...
Wow... when everybody says they got just one ending or perhaps 3, I was kinda surprised when I beat the game last night, I got everybody's ending (minus Nel and Roger), unless that's supposed to happen. Lemme remember if I did or not. Here was the order, Mirage (going back home to the dojo), Cliff (being an embassador/celebrity?), Maria (with that dumb ass Lieber), Peppita (having to clean up), Adray (his was the best, reminded me of basic training... sniff sniff), Sophia (alone on the ship with the brat), Albel (I thought I was going to have to battle because his ended with the encounter zoom and sfx), and Fayt (alone walking by the river). I thought it was funny seeing Roger still stuck in cage though. LOL!
__________________

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 18:33   Link #47
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Wow... when everybody says they got just one ending or perhaps 3, I was kinda surprised when I beat the game last night, I got everybody's ending (minus Nel and Roger), unless that's supposed to happen. Lemme remember if I did or not. Here was the order, Mirage (going back home to the dojo), Cliff (being an embassador/celebrity?), Maria (with that dumb ass Lieber), Peppita (having to clean up), Adray (his was the best, reminded me of basic training... sniff sniff), Sophia (alone on the ship with the brat), Albel (I thought I was going to have to battle because his ended with the encounter zoom and sfx), and Fayt (alone walking by the river). I thought it was funny seeing Roger still stuck in cage though. LOL!
you see the alone endings for all the characters in your party automaticaly, except possibly one if they are paired with fayt. When people say ten endings, they're talking about possible endings for fayt. I agree adray's is the best alone ending, but you should use spoiler tags for peopel who haven't beaten the game yet. Though you didn't give away too much so I guess it's ok...
anyway, it seems only sophia has enough emotion points to get paired with fayt. I did too many things that cost emotion points, like giving the fairy boiling water and exploring the castle instead of following nel... If I'm close to the 50 point cutoff, I should still be able to get maria's ending with just one more pa, but it looks like I'll have to replay the game, at least from the part with the fairy, to see it... fortunatily I have 23 save files at various points, and I know good places to level up quickly now, so it shouldn't take quite as long, but I'm still hoping I can avoid it.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 21:25   Link #48
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Lol you know, I just cannot see myself going trough and replaying this game again. Specially all those time spent inventing items was really nightmare because it's a hit and miss, if there are several items on the same price or really close by, I have to go several try to finally get what I really looking for and that is if it didn't fail. The inventions was kinda fun but it's sucha time consuming, I really don't want to go trough it again. ^^

And something I wanted to ask, when someone invented something, do the stock get resupplied after you buy them out in the shop? Because it's sucha hassle to go original invention again just to buy foods, potions or bombs.
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 21:37   Link #49
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol you know, I just cannot see myself going trough and replaying this game again. Specially all those time spent inventing items was really nightmare because it's a hit and miss, if there are several items on the same price or really close by, I have to go several try to finally get what I really looking for and that is if it didn't fail. The inventions was kinda fun but it's sucha time consuming, I really don't want to go trough it again. ^^

And something I wanted to ask, when someone invented something, do the stock get resupplied after you buy them out in the shop? Because it's sucha hassle to go original invention again just to buy foods, potions or bombs.
Shops only get the items once, and thats it. They will never re-stock, you'll have to make the items by yourself if you want more.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 03:30   Link #50
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Awww, at least it should allow us to set the cost manually instead going random and looking for the matching cost.

Btw anyone know what these factors do:

Enter a command and see what happens?
Enjoy heated battles against even wealkings
-1 Fury use
Raises normal attack decision by 1
Attack at your own risk
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 04:06   Link #51
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
Here's my impression
> -1 = Fury decreases by 1 each time you perform a special skill, attack etc
> Raises normal attack decision by 1 = your attack basically increases by 1
> Attack at your own risk = these attacks could have a 50/50% chance of failing or succeeding (or so I think).
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 23:29   Link #52
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Awww, at least it should allow us to set the cost manually instead going random and looking for the matching cost.

Btw anyone know what these factors do:

Enter a command and see what happens?
Enjoy heated battles against even wealkings
-1 Fury use
Raises normal attack decision by 1
Attack at your own risk
enjoy heated battles raises the difficulty or the enemies you fight and the exp you get. Good if your characters are too strong to get much exp from some enemies, but to weak to survive against stronger ones.
Raises normal attack decision I think makes the AI a little smarter, but i'm not really sure.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:44   Link #53
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well finished it yesterday, nice game but could have been better (got the everyone alone ending) why it could've been better:

1- facial expressions: i am not asking for ffx facial expression but even those of suikoden 3 would've been better than the one they had, there were some scenes which could've been heavier if it was done better
Spoiler:


2- VA: now that was a major problem the VAs weren't really good they could've gave the part more power and influence but they didn't, which rsulted in the decrease impact of thier parts

other than that it was a nice game the inventing system was a very good feature, battle system was nice (even though a prefered a four party system such as that of the previous part), story was not really good but not really bad either, and the characters were good

but a couple of questions
Spoiler:
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:04   Link #54
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
Spoiler:
This is a very philosophical question, one that I can't give an answer for.

However, in the artbook, "ETERNAL MEMORIES"

Spoiler:


I heard that the artbook explains a LOT of stuff in the game that wasn't explained in-game.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:26   Link #55
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
This is a very philosophical question, one that I can't give an answer for.

However, in the artbook, "ETERNAL MEMORIES"

Spoiler:


I heard that the artbook explains a LOT of stuff in the game that wasn't explained in-game.

thanks for the reply
Spoiler:
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 15:58   Link #56
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
thanks for the reply
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:14   Link #57
noir maou_sama
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: in darkness
Doesn't attack decision raise the number of hits? That's what I've read off gamefaqs. I'm going to buy the tri-emblem and that raises it by 3, so I should be able to test it if no one else does. The last Star Ocean? I was looking forward to part 4 because part 3 failed me in many things. Does anyone like the heat-up gauge? I hated it because it really slows down level-ups. Without triple exp, you level up slow, and with it, you level up close to the rate of star ocean 2. It wasn't so bad the first time when I was taking my time, but if I play again, mostly to go through quickly, I won't be able to go as quickly as I'd like(combined with the changed item creation system).
Who do you use in your battle party? Right now, I'm using Fayt, Nel, and Maria. I play as Maria because she is long-range and there's no better way to keep that bar filled than keeping away from harm.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:36   Link #58
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
+ Attack Decison only affects normal attacks, not skills.

Currently, I'm using Fayt, Nel, and Maria and am pretty much killing everything in sight.

I play as Maria close combat (yes, you heard me. Close Combat with Maria) with Scatter Beam on both my close attacks and Aiming Device on my Longs and she mows everything down before Fayt and Nel could get more than one or two hits in
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 19:46   Link #59
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Can anyone describe what Nel's and Maria's ending with Fayt is? I only got the sophita ending...and the solo.

THE ENDING OF THIS GAME PISSED ME OFF. the game was good, the story was intresting. I'm just gonna start a spoiler here so I don't spoil anything.

Spoiler:


Overall a pretty good game, but over hyped, and not as good as it could of been.
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 19:48   Link #60
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT it makes sooo much more sense now THANKS Do you know where I can get the interview?
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.