AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-29, 19:34   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

How to make torrent files 101?

and then upload them for others to share.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 20:31   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Exclamation

Knowing you are a Kazaa user, let me start by dispelling the myth that sharing any old file with BitTorrent is a straightforward task -- it isn't -- at least not to begin with.

You need two key things to share files with BitTorrent.
  1. A tracker - To track the torrents
  2. A website (or other distribution medium) - To share torrent files!
Once you have these then you use the tools that came with the Tracker to make a torrent file from your source file(s). Then you share the torrent file on your website (or other distribution medium). People download your torrent files and run them in BitTorrent.

With places like AnimeSuki -- what you see is only the tip of a massive iceberg working to provide you with fan-subbed anime .

To start the actual sharing process off you need to "seed". To do this simply download your own torrent file (or use your local copy ) and load it into BitTorrent (double click on it). When it asks you for a place to save the file just point it at the file you are trying to share and it will say the download is complete and start uploading to people.

I hope by now it has occurred to you that I haven't explained where to get a Tracker or Web host from? I suggest you look at the official BitTorrent website for more details on how to set one up -- To run a tracker is not a simple undertaking though. As for a web host -- a search engine will help.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 02:06   Link #3
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Knowing you are a Kazaa user, let me start by dispelling the myth that sharing any old file with BitTorrent is a straightforward task -- it isn't -- at least not to begin with.

You need two key things to share files with BitTorrent.
  1. A tracker - To track the torrents
  2. A website (or other distribution medium) - To share torrent files!
Once you have these then you use the tools that came with the Tracker to make a torrent file from your source file(s). Then you share the torrent file on your website (or other distribution medium). People download your torrent files and run them in BitTorrent.

With places like AnimeSuki -- what you see is only the tip of a massive iceberg working to provide you with fan-subbed anime .

To start the actual sharing process off you need to "seed". To do this simply download your own torrent file (or use your local copy ) and load it into BitTorrent (double click on it). When it asks you for a place to save the file just point it at the file you are trying to share and it will say the download is complete and start uploading to people.

I hope by now it has occurred to you that I haven't explained where to get a Tracker or Web host from? I suggest you look at the official BitTorrent website for more details on how to set one up -- To run a tracker is not a simple undertaking though. As for a web host -- a search engine will help.
I see. Thanks for the tips.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote