AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-07, 01:21   Link #201
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Except that there wasn't an on quote "or whatever else they want," never have we been shown that the breathe can be used to hurt a logia user while they are in their elemental form, and you still are contradicting yourself when you said that there are exceptions to what you claimed to be an absolute. I brought up that Mihawk with this thing you consider absolute still isn't considered the strongest man in the world and asked you if you truly were willing to go as far as to say that a swordsman with the breath can cut through a planet since you yourself said that anything has a breath and that anything can be cut. At that point you either had the choice to rebutt your own past statement made multiple times or stick to it while of course coming off being in support of the storyline being that one sided in terms of combat.

So in short, you are gonna need alot more than made up quotes.

And you can't even stick to the same exact quote either.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:26   Link #202
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
You obviously do not make any sense did anyone ever say that the breath was the strongest technique the swordsman clearly said that he must have the power to cut what ever he desires. Just because he can sense the breath does not mean he can cut through the object or element without the strength or speed.

You keep using that dumb statement about cutting planents because you have nothing else. these characters do not have DBZ powers so it is impossible to cut the planet. When I say cut anything I mean elements, and objects. I thought you Fools in this forum new that since it was obvious but I guess you do not have any brains since we were talking about lighting and other elelments and objects only fools like you and that Iluk... character brought up such drivel.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:39   Link #203
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
You obviously do not make any sense did anyone ever say that the breath was the strongest technique the swordsman clearly said that he must have the power to cut what ever he desires. Just because he can sense the breath does not mean he can cut through the object or element without the strength or speed.
I'm sorry but it remains that you said that the breathe could be used to cut anything that the swordsman wishes. You didn't make mention of there being a need for them to have a certain amount of power that would limit them so that the breathe really can't be used to cut anything.

So it still remains that you put the breath on a pedastal of being absolute yet are quick to move it back and forth from this pedastal to suite your belief. All we really have is simply a belief that right now you are clamoring to treat as an absolute yet seem to fail to realize that an absolute is meant to not have any exceptions.
Quote:
You keep using that dumb statement about cutting planents because you have nothing else. these characters do not have DBZ powers so it is impossible to cut the planet. When I say cut anything I mean elements, and objects. I thought you Fools in this forum new that since it was obvious but I guess you do not have any brains since we were talking about lighting and other elelments and objects only fools like you and that Iluk... character brought up such drivel.
No, I brought up that of Whitebeard being the strongest and that by your logic a swordsman that can use the breath should be able to cut a planet in half since a planet falls under the category of "anything."

You claim that we shouldn't expect any logic from One Piece yet you claim that there should be a logic at the same time thus making you still come off as giving a contradicting argument.

When you put down anything you on quote put down "steel, lightning, etc." in which you said that a swordsman that has the usage of the breath can cut anything they wish. Now are saying that you only meant elements and objects. That is called changing your mind. That is called changing your argument.

And you still keep avoiding explaining how exactly even if you could cut lightning how would this harm Enel when he can just simply put himself back together in one form?

So I suggest you focus on not trying to belittle and insult others as being fools when it remains that the one who falls into simply making insults has run out of any real arguments.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:54   Link #204
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Why, are you guys even still argueing over the breathe thing; just drop it... i mean, the question was "can mihawk beat Enel" and this conversation about Breathe is pointless in answering that question...

The question of Breathe is being used to prove whether or not Mihawk can cut lighting... problem is, why the hell does it matter whether or not he can cut lighting... being able to cut lighting DOES NOT mean that Mihawk can beat Enel

Mihawk can cut Enel's lighting all he wants, problem is, Enel is just gonna get borken apart and reform back together again... the real question is can Mihawk cut through Enel, WITHOUT Enel breaking apart and thus doing actual damage instead of the sword passing right though... So far, with Enel's Mantra, it doesn't seem too likely
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:58   Link #205
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Slayerx, that is pretty much what I was arguing anyway. The result afterwards is what does matter of course.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 02:19   Link #206
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, i know you understand what the important, actual question is... i'm just wondering why you can't drop the whole breathe thing... i mean, i doesn't matter whether or not Phenomonal contradicted himself or not, because the whole point of the breathe in the conversation ("can Mihawk beat Enel") is meaningless... it really has no place

Since the point doesn't matter to the conversation, you might aswell just drop the breath issue with Phenom completely... just don't mention it anymore and get to the real question of "can Mihawk beat Enel?"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 03:03   Link #207
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Problem of course being that Phenomonel will simply just go back to saying that Mihawk can beat Enel as if it were a fact with claiming that Mihawk can cut Enel while he's in his lightning and somehow that this is suppose to actually hurt/kill Enel.

But really, none of this conversation at this point has any place when the answer to the question originally given for this thread was already answered.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 03:26   Link #208
ninraven
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Alright, time for my two cents.

Breath -

I get what both sides are saying.

"If a swordsman can cut through the breath of all things, he can cut through lightning"

"It doesn't matter if he can cut through lightning. Luffy could punch holes through crocodile but it didn't hurt him either"

or

Quote:
Mihawk can cut Enel's lighting all he wants, problem is, Enel is just gonna get borken apart and reform back together again... the real question is can Mihawk cut through Enel, WITHOUT Enel breaking apart and thus doing actual damage instead of the sword passing right though
I agree with this.

Both sides are right in a sense. The ONLY way the breath argument holds water though is if you think of it like this...

Warning: Total Hypothesis that has no proof

You can kill someone by not cutting through his flesh, but cutting through his soul/spirit. This is anime, so it could be possible. The physical act of cutting through lightning is as meaningless as cutting water, or luffy punching holes through sand. If "the breath of all things" is meant to be considered "the soul of all things" it would be possible to kill without piercing flesh.

This would also explain Mihawks power. For instance when cutting Kriegs big ships, he barely moved. It would be possible to cut such a big ship if he had cut it's breath/soul, which would mean the ship would fall apart/die.

So that makes it possible to defeat logia users.

However...that isn't a fact yet in the one piece universe.

Also, just because you can cut through the breath of many things, doesn't mean all things. It's possible Mihawk, as strong as he is, isn't capable of cutting through everything yet. Everyone has room to still get stronger. There is no proof to prove either way though. If he does know how to cut through everything or not.

I imagine trying to cut through the breath of lightning using something that is affected by electricity would rank as one of the hardest.

Everyone has a natural enemy, ice and fire, water and sand, metal and electricity. Enel could have been mihawks natural enemy and possibly someone he couldn't defeat.

Both sides of the argument are right in their own way. One side can only be proven wrong is if we see it in action, of which we havent.

As far as Enel being a high profile character on the blue sea...he would be. I would say he's at the level of schichibukai and if he was well known could have taken Crocodiles seat.

I'd also like to point out that swordsman play the second fiddle in the series. Zoro being the second strongest of the group, and Mihawk himself saying becomming pirate king is harder than surpassing him as the greatest swordsman. So it is natural to think those in the running for pirate king would be stronger than those in the running to be the greatest swordsman. Using that argument, you could argue that Enel could beat mihawk as the natural order of things. Super powerful devil fruit user > super powerful swordsman.

Anyway, this is long enough and im not sure if anyone will read it.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 03:56   Link #209
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
I read it and I have to say that it is agreeable for the most part.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 05:12   Link #210
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just want to clear something up with Phenomnal [Sorry if i spelt incorrectly]

You keep saying, Whitebeard Acknowledges Shanks, therefore Shanks must be Powerful. Do you not see anything wrong with the reasoning of such an arguement?


You also say
Luffy beat Enel
Mihawk Stronger then Luffy with Gear 2
Luffy would own Enel 2nd time
Therefore Mihawk would own Him too.


Just read that carefully and figure out what is wrong with that type of reasoning.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:00   Link #211
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Ninraven, that was a pretty good statement and I agree Slayerx, the question was could Mihawk Defeat Ener?. I said yes becasue of the simpl reason that Mihawk is a powerful individual by himself. Yet everyone forgets about his sword which must have power or seastone carved into it as well. Remember Mihawk's quote "A Sword with Power alone is not powerful." It is not the world's Strongest Sword in the world for nothing. "The Black Sword" Mihawk called it, everytime he swung the sword purple lights dazzled from the sword. I do not know if I was the only one too pick up on this but it is obvious something is up with the Sword. I also beleive he has some seastone craved into it. Like Crocodile's jail cell that he had the Strawhat pirates in was like a black metallic substance. Mihawk a skilled swordsman that has a Sword with some kind of power can not be beat by Ener. the Breath technique will allow the user to cut the lighting's breath that will automatically allow the swordsman to cut the flesh of the elemental type user just like Zoro cut straight through Daz Boness steel and went straight through the flesh. The same can be done against Ener or any other element. Mihawk will kill Ener with the world's strongest swordsman and the world's strongest sword that is a tough combination too beat. "A sword with power alone, is not powerful."

MihawkXGP, Whitebeard acknowledging Shanks shows some power and charisma on Shanks part. Shanks is known all across the seas, and he controls famous crewmates. Shanks is considered to be powerful and Whitebeard would not just sit down and talk to anybody. Look how he treated Rockstar like trash. Shanks is even respected by Whitebeard to sit down and have a drink with someone shows respect.

No MihawkXGP, Luffy with his New ability would smash Ener into the ground in an instant. Ener could not handle Luffy back then in Skypiea. Ener had to get rid of him by merging him with a golden ball because he could not handle him physically forget the fact that he could not be hurt by lighting Ener even said it himself that he had other ways to defeat Luffy which was by combat. Since that did not work Luffy was still kicking his butt Ener had to get rid of him, Ener avoided fighting Luffy basically the entire series. Luffy is much more powerful than he was in Skypiea His New Gear techniques can not be seen, Luffy said it himself that he is no good right now and needs to get stronger for more powerful opponents up ahead like Aokiji, Mihawk, and Blackbeard. Yes as I've explained Luffy even with this New Gear could not beat Mihawk Luffy said it himself he needs to become more popwerful for stronger opponents. As I explained in my first paragraph that Mihawk would own Ener.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-02-07 at 14:50.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:25   Link #212
MasterX
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I think Luffy would eventually become the strongest. As for gals, Robin takes the cake.
__________________
We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it! - Coby
MasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:47   Link #213
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX
I think Luffy would eventually become the strongest. As for gals, Robin takes the cake.
This is very obvious, knowing that our future king will be the strongest.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:50   Link #214
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Yet everyone forgets about his sword which must have power or seastone carved into it as well. Remember Mihawk's quote "A Sword with Power alone is not powerful." It is not the world's Strongest Sword in the world for nothing. "The Black Sword" Mihawk called it, everytime he swung the sword purple lights dazzled from the sword. I do not know if I was the only one too pick up on this but it is obvious something is up with the Sword. I also beleive he has some seastone craved into it. Like Crocodile's jail cell that he had the Strawhat pirates in was like a black metallic substance.
So far, there is nothing to really suggest that Mihawk's sword has Sea stone in it...

For one thing, the purple lights is nothing more then the swish effect of the sword... colors that we precieve as black are often just an extremly dark shade of another color, extremely dark violet i believe is the closest you get to black... So the truth is that Mihawk's sword is actually an extremely dark shade of Violet, so it makes sence that the swish effect it gives off would be purple... Other black swords would have similar effects... a colored swish for black objects is not uncommon... its hard to explain, it's an art thing...

the Jail cell is also not enough to tell us that the sword has sea stone in it... I mean, sea stone is not the only black thing out there... hell the use of the color black is horribly cliche'... the chances of the two being black by coincidence is VERY high... not to mention i don't recall the cell being as black as mihawk's sword, but i would have to double check on that... Also, Smoker's pole/sword thing also has sea stone in it, yet it doesn't look to be black at all, it's light grey

But, none of this matters too much, you shouldn't go by what you see in anime anyway... Anime = made by anime team, Manga = made by Oda... The anime says purple swish effect, Oda says swish of nothing special... if it's seen in the anime, and not in the manga, then it's not canon

Quote:
Mihawk a skilled swordsman that has a Sword with some kind of power can not be beat by Ener. the Breath technique will allow the user to cut the lighting's breath that will automatically allow the swordsman to cut the flesh of the elemental type user just like Zoro cut straight through Daz Boness steel and went straight through the flesh. The same can be done against Ener or any other element. Mihawk will kill Ener with the world's strongest swordsman and the world's strongest sword that is a tough combination too beat. "A sword with power alone, is not powerful."
Incorrect, Daz Bones's devil Fruit is NOT a Logia type, it's the same type as Luffy, and Belemy (Paramecia fruit)... Daz Bones can not break himself down into elemental form like the Logia users can, his body ALWAYS remains in one piece and THAT's why Zoro was able to cut through him... Had Daz Bones been a Logia type he would have pocessed the ability to break down into elemental form and thus not be harmed by Zoro's attack

Quote:
No MihawkXGP, Luffy with his New ability would smash Ener into the ground in an instant. Ener could not handle Luffy back then in Skypiea. Ener had to get rid of him by merging him with a golden ball because he could not handle him physically forget the fact that he could not be hurt by lighting Ener even said it himself that he had other ways to defeat Luffy which was by combat. Since that did not work Luffy was still kicking his butt Ener had to get rid of him, Ener avoided fighting Luffy basically the entire series. Luffy is much more powerful than he was in Skypiea His New Gear techniques can not be seen, Luffy said it himself that he is no good right now and needs to get stronger for more powerful opponents up ahead like Aokiji, Mihawk, and Blackbeard. Yes as I've explained Luffy even with this New Gear could not beat Mihawk Luffy said it himself he needs to become more popwerful for stronger opponents. As I explained in my first paragraph that Mihawk would own Ener.
well you see... Luffy >> Enel, and Mihawk >> Luffy, does not actually equal to Mihawk >>> Enel

why? because The main reason Luffy beat Enel was not through skill, but simply due to the fact that he had an ENORMOUS advantage over Enel... Luffy is made out of rubber, the elemnt that opposes Enel... he was physically made out the only stuff that could take Enel's attacks no problem, and the only stuff that could actually touch Enel... Had Luffy had the same poweers but was made out of something else other then rubber, then he would have been horribly beaten bby enel... more then likely atleast

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-02-07 at 22:16.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 00:58   Link #215
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
So far, there is nothing to really suggest that Mihawk's sword has Sea stone in it...

Also there is nothing to proove that Mihawk does not have seastone in the strongest sword in the world. It is not the greatest sword for nothing.

For one thing, the purple lights is nothing more then the swish effect of the sword... colors that we precieve as black are often just an extremly dark shade of another color, extremely dark violet i believe is the closest you get to black... So the truth is that Mihawk's sword is actually an extremely dark shade of Violet, so it makes sence that the swish effect it gives off would be purple... Other black swords would have similar effects... a colored swish for black objects is not uncommon... its hard to explain, it's an art thing...
Now this is kind of funny. You said Mihawk's sword is actually a dark violet color and that is why purple lights swossh out of it. I am sorry but the fact is that Mihawk called it his Black sword and it is obviously black. His sword has some kind of power what kind of power remains to be revealed. "A Sword with power alone is not powerful."

Quote:
[
Quote:
/QUOTE]
the Jail cell is also not enough to tell us that the sword has sea stone in it... I mean, sea stone is not the only black thing out there... hell the use of the color black is horribly cliche'... the chances of the two being black by coincidence is VERY high... not to mention i don't recall the cell being as black as mihawk's sword, but i would have to double check on that... Also, Smoker's pole/sword thing also has sea stone in it, yet it doesn't look to be black at all, it's light grey
Well I kind of agree, but I think that his sword has some seastone carved into it. Hell it would not be the most powerful sword in the world if it could not effect Logia type users. I do not know how Mihawk cut Don Krieg's Ship and he was not even by the thing. It remains to be seen if he has seastone or not because thier is no proof to proove if he does or doesn't.

Quote:
Quote:
But, none of this matters too much, you shouldn't go by what you see in anime anyway... Anime = made by anime team, Manga = made by Oda... The anime says purple swish effect, Oda says swish of nothing special... if it's seen in the anime, and not in the manga, then it's not canon
Actually Oda and his Manga assistants are involved in the anime. Oda said it himself that he does character design for the anime original stories and the theatrical release movies. Oda also says that he meets with his seven directors that take turns making episodes and he makes sure that it is from the original story (Manga). Oda also said Quote:"If their opinions and mine do not meet, Luffy instantly ceases to be Luffy and the world becomes entirely different." So yeah the anime and manga is basically the same Oda also said he enjoys it as a viewer like us.


Quote:
Quote:
Incorrect, Daz Bones's devil Fruit is NOT a Logia type, it's the same type as Luffy, and Belemy (Paramecia fruit)... Daz Bones can not break himself down into elemental form like the Logia users can, his body ALWAYS remains in one piece and THAT's why Zoro was able to cut through him... Had Daz Bones been a Logia type he would have pocessed the ability to break down into elemental form and thus not be harmed by Zoro's attack
It does not matter if it is a Logia type or not. Zoro's breath technique allows him to cut the Lightnings breath going staight through it and at the same time which will allow him to cut Ener's Flesh. Cutting the Lighting will allow him to hit the flesh of the opponents because the lighting can no longer protect the flesh of the opponent. Yet again it could be a spirit thing just like ninraven was talking about. It is hard to tell of this technique we will have to wait later on in the series to see if Oda will explain it more in detail. Right now the attack is to complicated to explain.

Quote:
Quote:
well you see... Luffy >> Enel, and Mihawk >> Luffy, does not actually equal to Mihawk >>> Enel

why? because The main reason Luffy beat Enel was not through skill, but simply due to the fact that he had an ENORMOUS advantage over Enel... Luffy is made out of rubber, the elemnt that opposes Enel... he was physically made out the only stuff that could take Enel's attacks no problem, and the only stuff that could actually touch Enel... Had Luffy had the same poweers but was made out of something else other then rubber, then he would have been horribly beaten bby enel... more then likely atleast
Luffy beating Ener with skill was the main reason. Ener said it himself that he had other ways of dealing with Luffy since he was rubber. Ener had a trident that he constantly heated up that did not work. His Mantra did not even help him as Luffy found out a way to counter that and combo Ener like crazy. Luffy's combo pounded Ener into a state of defeat. Ener was knocked to the ground nad spitting up blood could not defend himself. So he merged Luffy with a golden ball to hinder his speed and endurance. Ener just could not handle him in physical combat, Luffy was dominating Ener. Luffy now with his new "Gear" will Ultimately pound Ener in an instant. Luffy is faster, bigger, and strongernow then back in Skypiea. Yes Mihawk is stronger than Ener. Hell I did not see one of Ener's most powerful technique kill wiper. His lighting or thunder attacks must be weak if he can not kill simple humans. Hell even Zoro was up dodging and fighting after he got struck by lighting. Ener to me is not top tier. If he was fighting the Red hair pirate crew or someone like doflamingo Ener would not last an episode.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-02-08 at 01:14.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 01:59   Link #216
ninraven
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
To bring up something different for a moment...

In chapter 379, the big fat zipper mouth guy (i think his name is teawase) was able to determine the cp9's "douriki" which was basically physical stength. A normal marine is about 10 douriki. Kalifa was 630, Blueno 820, Kaku 2200 and Lucci was 4000.

I'm sure whoever fights that guy will have his douriki measured. So it probably will be Luffy. It will be interesting to see his strength put in a number. His punch was able to break through Blueno's Tekkai, so he's at least 821.

If Whitebeard is indeed the strongest, I wonder what his douriki is.

Fortunately in the one piece universe, 4000 will not always beat someone who is at 3000. It's not like that in dbz where whoever had the higher powerlevel won. All Teawase measures is physical strength. Much like how your devil fruit power is as only as strong as how you use it.

For instance. Califa is without a doubt physically stronger than Robin. I can't recall Robin ever throwing a punch or kick (iv'e still yet to finish skypiea). But Robin's ability would be able to defeat califa.

It's great oda didn't paint himself into a corner, so to speak, like toriyama did in dragonball.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 02:27   Link #217
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
yeah your right ninraven, that douriki measures physical strength. I wonder if CP9 is really powerful like they are hyped up to be. we will find out soon.

Dragonball and dragonball z was fun to watch even if it was repetitive, but that is what made the anime's so great and known by the world.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 03:37   Link #218
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Of course they are powerful.

Phenonmal: you just keep repeating the same stuff over and over, evne when what you say has been proven wrong.

Enel was more powerful.
It was only due to Luffy's rubber properties alone that saved him.
There is no proof at all, that he'd pound him into the ground like you keep saying.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 05:54   Link #219
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
[QUOTE=The Phenomenol]
Quote:
Yes Mihawk is stronger than Ener. Hell I did not see one of Ener's most powerful technique kill wiper. His lighting or thunder attacks must be weak if he can not kill simple humans. Hell even Zoro was up dodging and fighting after he got struck by lighting. Ener to me is not top tier. If he was fighting the Red hair pirate crew or someone like doflamingo Ener would not last an episode.
That's what we call "Plot devicing"... Oda has shown time and time again that he is unwilling to kill off most of his characters... most of them survive incidents that downright should have killed them... Getting zapped with thousands of volts of electricity, getting slash/pounded horribly, getting blown up by massive explosions... Man most of the time i wonder how zoro can slash so many poeple a never cut them in half... Hell, wiper even said that the use of reject was supposed to kill him... The important thing is that those attacks were enough to KO their oppenents... since Oda is so unwilling to kill his characters, a KO is the closest we can get to a death blow most of th time... And with the exception of Luffy, 90% of the time Enel was able to KO opponents with a single attack; without breaking a sweet or even using close to 100% power...

Quote:
It does not matter if it is a Logia type or not. Zoro's breath technique allows him to cut the Lightnings breath going staight through it and at the same time which will allow him to cut Ener's Flesh. Cutting the Lighting will allow him to hit the flesh of the opponents because the lighting can no longer protect the flesh of the opponent. Yet again it could be a spirit thing just like ninraven was talking about. It is hard to tell of this technique we will have to wait later on in the series to see if Oda will explain it more in detail. Right now the attack is to complicated to explain.
Now this is pure bull... Enel is not protected by lighting, he IS the lighting... his very flesh and bones ARE lighting... and when you cut lighting or any other logia all that happens is that the lightning breaks down to its elemntal form, and the logia user will just reform himself... There is NOTHING to suggest that being able to cut lighting will allow him to cut the flesh of a Logia type, absolutely NOTHING... The only way you can cut the flesh of a logia type is if you
A) use seastone (which there is no proof that Mihawk has it)
B) use the opposing element (which Mihawk also doesn't have)
C) the Logia user does not even suspect an incoming attack (this is the only thing Mihawk is capable of, and it would probably work against most Logia's, but Mantra will make it VERY difficult for him to attack without Enel expecting an attack)

Quote:
Well I kind of agree, but I think that his sword has some seastone carved into it. Hell it would not be the most powerful sword in the world if it could not effect Logia type users. I do not know how Mihawk cut Don Krieg's Ship and he was not even by the thing. It remains to be seen if he has seastone or not because thier is no proof to proove if he does or doesn't.
Mihawk more then likely just used a similiar but far more powerful verion of the Air slash that Zoro used against the Shandian... Zoro already proved that with skill alone you can cut something from a distance... Mihawk just does the same but on a much larger and more powerful scale

And it could be the most powerful sword in the world without being able to beat Logia users... all the title "most powerful sword" means is that their is no stronger sword then it... Mihawk's sword is probably just made out of the hardest metal, and has the shapest edge of any sword known to currently exist... a rival sword may have seastone in it, but Mihawk's sword will always beat that sword in a fight

Quote:
Now this is kind of funny. You said Mihawk's sword is actually a dark violet color and that is why purple lights swossh out of it. I am sorry but the fact is that Mihawk called it his Black sword and it is obviously black. His sword has some kind of power what kind of power remains to be revealed. "A Sword with power alone is not powerful."
Like i said, "it's an artistic thing"... The colored swish for a black object is not that uncommon... the use of true black is frowned upon in the art world... it is highly common for an artist to instead use an extremely dark shade of a color instead because true black is lifeless and feels unreal... and these extremly dark shades of color are often still refered to as "black"... 10 - 1 says that if you asked Oda, he would say that their is nothing special about that purple swish, that it exists for ONLY special effect reasons... hell i would do that same exact thing in one of my CG's

With the possible exception of Seastone, i HIGHLY doubt Mihawk's sword as any kind of special power other then just being THE highest quaily sword in the world... He wouldn't be able to truly claim the title of "greatest swordsmen" if he at times had to make use of a power that was not part of his natural skill... other then the quailty of their sword, a swordsmen should never have an unnatural advantage over another swordsmen, it would just stain their title; they could never truly hold the title of greatest swordsmen... the reason why i consider seastone an exception is because it only apply's to those with unnatrual abilties, and not to rival swordsmen... more then likely, the "Power" of the sword that Mihawk is refering to is the overall quality of a sword... Zoro's swords can also be considered to be swords of great power

Quote:
Luffy beating Ener with skill was the main reason. Ener said it himself that he had other ways of dealing with Luffy since he was rubber. Ener had a trident that he constantly heated up that did not work. His Mantra did not even help him as Luffy found out a way to counter that and combo Ener like crazy. Luffy's combo pounded Ener into a state of defeat. Ener was knocked to the ground nad spitting up blood could not defend himself. So he merged Luffy with a golden ball to hinder his speed and endurance. Ener just could not handle him in physical combat, Luffy was dominating Ener. Luffy now with his new "Gear" will Ultimately pound Ener in an instant. Luffy is faster, bigger, and strongernow then back in Skypiea.
Luufy beating Enel with skill was not the main reason for Enel's defeat... yes i will agree that Luffy's skill did have much to do the enel's defeat, but the MAIN reason was the very fect that Luffy was made out of Rubber... Luffy's rubber body was the only reason why Enel could not just phase through Luffy's attacks, and also the only reason why Luffy was not heavily damaged by most of Enel's traditional attacks... Had Luffy not been made out of a material that was not srtong against ligthing, all of his skills and attacks would have probably just phased right thought Enel dealing absolutly no damage... not to mention Luffy would have also felt the true FULL force of enel's lighting attacks... enel's lighting is FAR more powerful then his trident
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 11:13   Link #220
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Now this is pure bull... Enel is not protected by lighting, he IS the lighting... his very flesh and bones ARE lighting... and when you cut lighting or any other logia all that happens is that the lightning breaks down to its elemntal form, and the logia user will just reform himself... There is NOTHING to suggest that being able to cut lighting will allow him to cut the flesh of a Logia type, absolutely NOTHING... The only way you can cut the flesh of a logia type is if you
A) use seastone (which there is no proof that Mihawk has it)
B) use the opposing element (which Mihawk also doesn't have)
C) the Logia user does not even suspect an incoming attack (this is the only thing Mihawk is capable of, and it would probably work against most Logia's, but Mantra will make it VERY difficult for him to attack without Enel expecting an attack)
I warned you that Phenomel would come at you with that bull.
Quote:
Mihawk more then likely just used a similiar but far more powerful verion of the Air slash that Zoro used against the Shandian... Zoro already proved that with skill alone you can cut something from a distance... Mihawk just does the same but on a much larger and more powerful scale
Of course.
Quote:
And it could be the most powerful sword in the world without being able to beat Logia users... all the title "most powerful sword" means is that their is no stronger sword then it... Mihawk's sword is probably just made out of the hardest metal, and has the shapest edge of any sword known to currently exist... a rival sword may have seastone in it, but Mihawk's sword will always beat that sword in a fight
Word.
Quote:
With the possible exception of Seastone, i HIGHLY doubt Mihawk's sword as any kind of special power other then just being THE highest quaily sword in the world... He wouldn't be able to truly claim the title of "greatest swordsmen" if he at times had to make use of a power that was not part of his natural skill... other then the quailty of their sword, a swordsmen should never have an unnatural advantage over another swordsmen, it would just stain their title; they could never truly hold the title of greatest swordsmen... the reason why i consider seastone an exception is because it only apply's to those with unnatrual abilties, and not to rival swordsmen... more then likely, the "Power" of the sword that Mihawk is refering to is the overall quality of a sword... Zoro's swords can also be considered to be swords of great power
Preach brother, preach.
__________________
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.