AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-31, 14:50   Link #1041
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
We have to wait and see...Whitebeard is said to be the strongest!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:41   Link #1042
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Tough one to call....its hard to say who could beat BB's awesome power, but then WB is the strongest in the world, Only man to fight equally with Roger..and we don't know his power yet...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 20:19   Link #1043
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Volume 32: Love Song
Chapter 303: The Super-Rich Pirates!

Gorousei: "The Marine Headquarters' Strongest, "Admiral" Aokiji..."
Thank you very much Phenomenol for finding the chapter for me. I can only imagine how strong the supreme admiral, known as Sengoku the Buddha, will be. Sengoku is another character that I am very interested in learning about because Whitebeard made the comment on how he is one of the only few people left who remembers the seas during Gold Roger's time.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 14:29   Link #1044
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Yep, No problem.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 17:21   Link #1045
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Nico Robin.
__________________
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/ShizNatfangirl/Awesome/Lickylicky.jpg
Teresa/Clare1415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 01:33   Link #1046
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
It's entirely possible that Shanks is the strongest simply because he doesn't go around flaunting it (which leads me to believe that he's strong enough that he doesn't need to flaunt it) and Milhawk wouldn't even fight him. Probubly because Shanks kicked his *** last time they meet.
that's right!
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:05   Link #1047
unameit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
whoever it is, it won't be luffy.. At the end of the day, he's just a rubber man after all, his devil fruit is not a logia type so no chance for him..
Aokoji totally owns luffy.. People might think luffy's gear is the answer if he wanna beat aokoji but I'm not too sure... But I can tell you that there are AT LEAST 2 people Luffy couldn't beat in his life (based on his rubber fruit) and those 2 people are Ace and Smoker... Name others like shanks, white beard, DRAGON, mihawk etc are probably way too high from luffy league but we haven't really seen their power yet...

Even among his own crews, I don't think luffy can win it easy.. Luffy vs Zoro would be a good and close battle... Depending on wheter zoro can keep up the pace against a gear 2-luffy, there is a chance that he could lose...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:21   Link #1048
DukeTheGold
Shichibukai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Whitebeard holds the title "The World's Strongest Man", while Mihawk holds the title "The World's Strongest Swordsman".

My personal belief is that Dracule Hawkeye Mihawk deserves the title of "The World's Overall Strongest Man". Perhaps in term of physical power, he is theoretically unable to compete against Whitebeard. However in that stead, his swordsmanship compensate for such a weakness. Whitebeard is aged. For obvious reasons deprived from apparent weaknesses , Whitebeard is no longer as powerful as he once was. Even newbies such as Blackbeard dare to challenge Whitebeard's title nowadays. Mihawk on the other hand, is young, elusive and powerful. As the World's Strongest Swordsman, Mihawk holds no less combat capability than the World's Strongest Man.

Whitebeard is being washed away by the tide of time, decaying under the negative force that is time itself. Shanks is off the competition due to the lack of an arm. Aokiji is powerful, however he is simply a Logia user who possesses weaknesses against his opposing element and the power of sea. Luffy is yet to mature to a degree where he can rightfully claim the title of "Pirate King". Blackbeard is an unknown. On the other hand, Mihawk is mighty and unchallengeable. Therefore I hereby grant Mihawk the title of "The World's Overall Strongest". Any objections?
__________________
DukeTheGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:50   Link #1049
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
right now id say BB is the strongest char in OP. sure there are those chars with their reputation for being bad asses but those are only reputations and we still hav yet to see if they can live up to them and how they strong they actually are - out of all the chars whose power hav been shown BB seems to b the strongest
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:26   Link #1050
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
i dont think BB is the strongest because his main power is reliant on disabling the enemies' devil fruit powers, and there are many very very strong characters without devil fruit power meaning he'll have to rely on his gravitation power, which i dont think is much of a match to let say Hawkeye
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 05:05   Link #1051
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
i dont think BB is the strongest because his main power is reliant on disabling the enemies' devil fruit powers, and there are many very very strong characters without devil fruit power meaning he'll have to rely on his gravitation power, which i dont think is much of a match to let say Hawkeye
If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit, someone like Mihawk whose equal to Shanks in swordfighting, won't be a big problem for him
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:17   Link #1052
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit, someone like Mihawk whose equal to Shanks in swordfighting, won't be a big problem for him
Where did you get that.." If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit " that's NOT true....! nothing said that Blackbeard can beat Shanks....SO CUT THE CRAP!! Blackbeard beat Shanks!!!! and that gravitation " pull thing" won't work on Shanks....DUH!.....Marco says: " He's spirit is STRONG as ever " He has the strongest aura!!
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:55   Link #1053
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Where did you get that.." If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit " that's NOT true....! nothing said that Blackbeard can beat Shanks....SO CUT THE CRAP!! Blackbeard beat Shanks!!!! and that gravitation " pull thing" won't work on Shanks....DUH!.....Marco says: " He's spirit is STRONG as ever " He has the strongest aura!!
Spoiler for episode:
My sensei said once fanboys are dangerous beings so its the best to agree with them ::

-Hi welcome to shanks fan club.He is god yes, Blackbeard got pawned so badly so he scarred him in the eye and ran laughing away.So Shanks went to whitebeard just to trick him saying *dont kill bb he is too strong, you will die* but actually he wants to kill him himself full with anger, actually Blackbeard is so weak that a sea-stone equipped Apis can kill Blackbeard easily





shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:17   Link #1054
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Where did you get that.." If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit " that's NOT true....! nothing said that Blackbeard can beat Shanks....SO CUT THE CRAP!! Blackbeard beat Shanks!!!! and that gravitation " pull thing" won't work on Shanks....DUH!.....Marco says: " He's spirit is STRONG as ever " He has the strongest aura!!
Spoiler for episode:
It's truly amazing how biased fanboys can really be. It is a fact that Blackbeard scarred Shanks before he ate the darkness devil fruit. You cannot refute this at all. However, this doesn't directly tell us who is stronger but it alludes to the possibility of Blackbeard being stronger especially now that he has the power of darkness at his disposal. Furthermore, how do you know that Blackbeard's gravitational vortex would not work on Shanks? You sure do come up with nice ways of making baseless statements. Also, just because Shanks is a yonkou does not mean that he is equal to Whitebeard. By your logic, we can say that the shichibukai members are all equal in strength. For example, you are saying that Crocodile is equal to Mihawk because they are both shichibukai members. It doesn't work that way.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 19:19   Link #1055
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
Whitebeard holds the title "The World's Strongest Man", while Mihawk holds the title "The World's Strongest Swordsman".

My personal belief is that Dracule Hawkeye Mihawk deserves the title of "The World's Overall Strongest Man". Perhaps in term of physical power, he is theoretically unable to compete against Whitebeard. However in that stead, his swordsmanship compensate for such a weakness. Whitebeard is aged. For obvious reasons deprived from apparent weaknesses , Whitebeard is no longer as powerful as he once was. Even newbies such as Blackbeard dare to challenge Whitebeard's title nowadays. Mihawk on the other hand, is young, elusive and powerful. As the World's Strongest Swordsman, Mihawk holds no less combat capability than the World's Strongest Man.

Whitebeard is being washed away by the tide of time, decaying under the negative force that is time itself. Shanks is off the competition due to the lack of an arm. Aokiji is powerful, however he is simply a Logia user who possesses weaknesses against his opposing element and the power of sea. Luffy is yet to mature to a degree where he can rightfully claim the title of "Pirate King". Blackbeard is an unknown. On the other hand, Mihawk is mighty and unchallengeable. Therefore I hereby grant Mihawk the title of "The World's Overall Strongest". Any objections?
Ofr it could be that you are seriously overestimating how much effect time has had on Whitebeard... saying that he is aged and has grown weaker to the point where Mihawk is truly stronger is nothing more than baseless speculation. There is nothing saying that Whitebeard has grown weaker... there are only two poeple i can foresee dethroning whitebeard as the strongest and that it is either Luffy or Blackbeard; frankly i felt shank's conversation with whitebeard was forshadowing his defeat at the hands of Blackbeard

Also as for the "newbies challenging him" that is simply not true... Blackbeard maybe seen as new to the seen, but that is only because he has been hiding his strength. He has actually been active for atleast the past 10 years; probably longer since he needed time to grow strong enough to fight shanks... so he is certainly not a "Newbie"... the only newbie that would be challenging whitebeard is Luffy, but Luffy is in an extreme minority

As for shanks, he's another one you may be underestimating... i believe it was said somewhere, like in one of the databooks or something, that despite the missing arm shank's is still as strong as ever; even if Mihawk refusing to fight him (whether Shank's strength has diminished is not important as Mihawk still sees the missing arm as a handicap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
i dont think BB is the strongest because his main power is reliant on disabling the enemies' devil fruit powers, and there are many very very strong characters without devil fruit power meaning he'll have to rely on his gravitation power, which i dont think is much of a match to let say Hawkeye
One thing to keep in mind is that he managed to wound shanks and was strong enough that it got Shanks worried about the future, and all of this was not considering the devil fruit. In other words, without the devil fruit, Shanks feels that Blackbeard will/is someone to be feared. furthermore, Blackbeard wanted the darkness devil fruit knowing that he would still vulnerable to attacks like a normal person or even more; meaning he had confidence that he would be able to take any damage his enemies could dish out.. Obviously pointing out that Blackbeard must have some seriously monstrous strength in addition to that devil fruit... . it may very well be possible that his natural strength is enough for him to come close to going toe to toe with the likes of Mihawk, never mind adding in his gravity powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Where did you get that.." If Blackbeard can beat Shanks without darkness devil fruit " that's NOT true....! nothing said that Blackbeard can beat Shanks....SO CUT THE CRAP!! Blackbeard beat Shanks!!!! and that gravitation " pull thing" won't work on Shanks....DUH!.....Marco says: " He's spirit is STRONG as ever " He has the strongest aura!!
Spoiler for episode:
That is some serious fanboyism going on right there... there is NOTHING that can escape a blackhole and as such their is no one that the power will not work on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Quote:
It's entirely possible that Shanks is the strongest simply because he doesn't go around flaunting it (which leads me to believe that he's strong enough that he doesn't need to flaunt it) and Milhawk wouldn't even fight him. Probubly because Shanks kicked his *** last time they meet.
that's right!
Actually it is not... one thing that is certain is that Shanks did not beat Mihawk the last time they fought; if he did, then whether he wanted to flaunt it or not, Mihawk would NOT carry the title of strongest swordsman... even if Shank didn't want the title, Mihawk would deny holding such a title
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:28   Link #1056
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Shanks is the..........
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 08:23   Link #1057
kodok_balls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
excuse me... but i think the strongest is the last one to be revealed... let see.. we once see croc is had an awesome power but we suddenly realized that he is probably nothing compared to Kuma. despite I'm not sure if he is that weak. ummm we had seen blackbeard power so far, ace, and last but not least,moria and kuma. and the last I mentioned seems to be the strongest char revealed for now. IT mean.. yeah.. the strongest is unknown rite now.. but I'm sure we'll figured it out after all shichibukai's power revealed and whitebeard and shanks as well...
excuse me.. what is thing called yonkou ? can someone explain it to me. coz I'm not reading a whole textbox in OP ;p it made my eyes tired

oh sorry, so my conclusion is.. the strongest : probably between whitebeard and the last shichibukai.. it could be jinbei or donquixote... or dragon....
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 11:13   Link #1058
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
excuse me.. what is thing called yonkou ? can someone explain it to me. coz I'm not reading a whole textbox in OP ;p it made my eyes tired.
Yonkou is a common term used for the 4 pirate emperors of the new world (whitebeard, Shanks, etc.)... much like how people use the term shichibukai instead of 7 warlords
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 19:41   Link #1059
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
it could be jinbei or donquixote... or dragon....
[ moron ] Monkey D. Dragon is not a Shichibukai.....he is a
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 08:14   Link #1060
kodok_balls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
yup.. sorry, I forgot to seperate it. by the way.. so... who else the member of so called yonkou beside WB and Shanks... it used to be 4 people rite. is it dragon instead ?
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.