AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2008-01-08, 18:15   Link #1061
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Nothing is clear cut, we can only go off of what we know.

1. Whitebeard is the strongest (it's stated) and closest to finding One Piece. Until proven otherwise he remains at the top.
2. Hawkeye's Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the World!
3. Aokiji is stated as the Marines Strongest!

Since those two (Whitebeard and Mihawk) are close to Luffy and Zoro's goals I will keep them at the top. Shanks and others could possibly be on their level but only time will tell because Blackbeard is said to have injured Shanks in a battle WITHOUT the Darkness fruit! and he seems to be the strongest individual we have seen so far (cause he beat a Logia user) and for the monent Logia users seem to be the strongest shown so far (barring Blackbeard). At the end of the day it all comes down to ability and we have not seen everyone in action...Dragon towards the end could be the strongest for all we know really.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 19:31   Link #1062
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
No he is not [ moron ] Sengoku is the Strongest Marine , Akoji is the second Strongest...!
LOL....You mad because Blackbeard INJURED your precious Shanks!!

Volume 32: Love Song
Chapter 303: The Super-Rich Pirates!

Gorousei: "The Marine Headquarters' Strongest, "Admiral" Aokiji..."

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-01-08 at 20:21.
Old 2008-01-08, 22:40   Link #1063
Phenomenal
Banned

Blackbeard injured Shanks, Shanks said so himself.
Old 2008-01-09, 02:28   Link #1064
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

Quote:
Blackbeard injured Shanks, Shanks said so himself.
Blackbeard didn't injured Shanks [ moron ].....he scared Shanks's left eye , which was no big deal.
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 02:35   Link #1065
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Blackbeard didn't injured Shanks [ moron ].....he scared Shanks's left eye , which was no big deal.
I think it is a big deal considering he said that it is the most painful injury he has received to date.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 15:10   Link #1066
Phenomenal
Banned

LOL...Funny.
Old 2008-12-14, 19:34   Link #1067
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Erm well personally i think shanks mentioned that (scarred by blackbeard) because a man such a him who use to fight mihawk as an equal and ofcourse is a yonkou to be scarred by an unknown pirate such a blackbeard, is a shocking accomplishment and so he found potential in him. however shanks did state that he was serious whilst fighting him but alot of people speculates that shanks lost or think of blackbeard as an equal to shanks which is quite ridiculous i would say, anyone can get scarred in a battle but depending on where you stand in terms of power. in the anime shounen world, those who stand at the top find it uncommon to gain injury in battles and thus takes it more serious than others, in shanks view hawkeye was the only one most likely to injure him hence why whitebeard thought the same too, so its was quite shocking but it does not mean defeat. blackbeard was strong then and is stronger now but in my opinion he cant be considered as an equal to shanks.
Old 2008-12-14, 20:36   Link #1068
Cinocard

I'm really confused with this event. Ace said Teach murdered a nakama when he was in charged, meaning Teach has only had the power for 3 years at most. Shanks pointed at 3 scares on his left eye and said Teach caused it. But didn't he already have them 11 years ago, when Luffy was still a puny kid?

I read it again, and Teach said that he kill the forth division "COMMANDER" Is commander below captain, or is it just the translation? Does it mean there's a probability that Teach has been running around for 11 years?

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-12-14 at 20:52.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 23:23   Link #1069
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes Blackbeard gave Shanks the scar even before Luffy met Shanks, it has nothing to do with his ability. Shanks was telling Whitebeard that he was holding such a dangerous man, Blackbeard, who didn't show his real powers to Whitebeard even after staying with his crew for so long.

And for that, Blackbeard is clearly plotting something under Whitebeard's belt, which we now know is to get his hands on the Darkness fruit. So when he finally can get his hands on that, he was obstructed by the 4th division commander and he had to kill him.

Pirates had always been fighting with each other, Blackbeard getting into a fight with Shanks years ago is nothing unusual. Its just that Blackbeard, the same man who had the ability to take on a Yonkou like Shanks, had been keeping a low profile under Whitebeard only to do an atrocious act suddenly seemed like he had been plotting something.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 00:01   Link #1070
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Yeah I think Blackbeard can easily be considered one of the most, if not THE most powerful character. However, I believe Monkey D. Dragon should also be considered, as he even blasted away Smoker, who is a Logia as well. It has not been specified if it is a DF ability or if it's Haki (I'm inclined to consider the latter). So if that is true, then Blackbeard's DF ability negation would be useless against Dragon, giving him that much of an advantage.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:41   Link #1071
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yes Blackbeard gave Shanks the scar even before Luffy met Shanks, it has nothing to do with his ability. Shanks was telling Whitebeard that he was holding such a dangerous man, Blackbeard, who didn't show his real powers to Whitebeard even after staying with his crew for so long.

And for that, Blackbeard is clearly plotting something under Whitebeard's belt, which we now know is to get his hands on the Darkness fruit. So when he finally can get his hands on that, he was obstructed by the 4th division commander and he had to kill him.

Pirates had always been fighting with each other, Blackbeard getting into a fight with Shanks years ago is nothing unusual. Its just that Blackbeard, the same man who had the ability to take on a Yonkou like Shanks, had been keeping a low profile under Whitebeard only to do an atrocious act suddenly seemed like he had been plotting something.
Now now, the point is, even without DF power, Blackbeard was still able to gave Shanks a scar? That's quite...shocking.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:19   Link #1072
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well we don't know how big Shanks's power was at the time either, so you never know what kind of match it could be now. Even without an arm, Shanks is to be feared.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:27   Link #1073
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Well we don't know how big Shanks's power was at the time either, so you never know what kind of match it could be now. Even without an arm, Shanks is to be feared.
When Shanks was talking to Whitebeard, the conversation included both Mihawk and Blackbeard.

Whitebeard was saying how he liked seeing Shanks fight with Mihawk all the time, but was shocked to find him losing an arm for some boy. This sentence is followed by Shanks saying that at that prime of his, being able to rival Mihawk, he received a scar from Blackbeard.

You can say at that time, Shanks is as powerrful as Mihawk, meaning Blackbeard is at least as powerful as well.

Old 2008-12-15, 05:44   Link #1074
Slayerx

Quote:
When Shanks was talking to Whitebeard, the conversation included both Mihawk and Blackbeard.

Whitebeard was saying how he liked seeing Shanks fight with Mihawk all the time, but was shocked to find him losing an arm for some boy. This sentence is followed by Shanks saying that at that prime of his, being able to rival Mihawk, he received a scar from Blackbeard.

You can say at that time, Shanks is as powerrful as Mihawk, meaning Blackbeard is at least as powerful as well.
Not at all, shanks never said that back then was when he was in his prime... and neither is it implied as having two arms 10 years ago means he was stronger back then then he is now with just one. The only thing he says was that he wasn't being careless and that it's a wound that causes him pain (not necessarily physical pain; he regrets not being able to finish off blackbeard back then)

furtharmore, Blackbeard being able to scar shanks DOES NOT mean bleackbeard was as strong or stronger... a weaker character CAN wound or leave their mark on a stronger character, just because the character is stronger does not mean he it is impossible for someone lower than them to wound them. What it could easily mean is that Blackbeard new when to fight and when to run... as in he could realize if he kept fighting he would certainly loose, and hightailed it after leaving his mark.

Yes, shanks thought blackbeard was dangerous from the encounter, but that aswell does not mean he thought of blackbeard as an equal... what he felt from Blackbeard, could have been similar from what Smoker felt from Luffy in Louge town... He looks at the wound on his face and notes that blackbeard COULD already start becoming famous but doesn't and says "this guy may not be a huge deal now, but he is gonna cause a lot of trouble in the future"... That's what Shanks may have thought back then
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:59   Link #1075
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not at all, shanks never said that back then was when he was in his prime... and neither is it implied as having two arms 10 years ago means he was stronger back then then he is now with just one. The only thing he says was that he wasn't being careless and that it's a wound that causes him pain (not necessarily physical pain; he regrets not being able to finish off blackbeard back then)

furtharmore, Blackbeard being able to scar shanks DOES NOT mean bleackbeard was as strong or stronger... a weaker character CAN wound or leave their mark on a stronger character, just because the character is stronger does not mean he it is impossible for someone lower than them to wound them. What it could easily mean is that Blackbeard new when to fight and when to run... as in he could realize if he kept fighting he would certainly loose, and hightailed it after leaving his mark.

Yes, shanks thought blackbeard was dangerous from the encounter, but that aswell does not mean he thought of blackbeard as an equal... what he felt from Blackbeard, could have been similar from what Smoker felt from Luffy in Louge town... He looks at the wound on his face and notes that blackbeard COULD already start becoming famous but doesn't and says "this guy may not be a huge deal now, but he is gonna cause a lot of trouble in the future"... That's what Shanks may have thought back then
Thats exactly what i was trying to say, i think blackbeard is a bit overestimated just for wounding shanks. i am tired of people speculating that blackbeard beat shanks
Old 2008-12-15, 11:00   Link #1076
Cinocard

No, no, no. Whitebeard said when Shanks came back from East blue without an arm, everyone was surprised. Whitebeard also gave hint that Shanks and Mihawk dueled when he still had both arms. Which means Shanks was already very powerful at that time. But Blackbeard, though not necessary beat Shanks, was able to wounded him WITHOUT DF power.

Shanks fought Teach years ago, when he didn't have the DF power. There's no proof indicate that Shanks knowing Teach has gotten the DF power now, and even so, an estimation logically aren't higher than reality. But he foresaw that the famous Fire fist Ace would lose, certain to the point of breaking through the marines and came to negotiate with Whitebeard.

Which put Teach among the top.
Before, when Shanks said that Teach would eventually take over Whitebeard position, i thought it was a hoax. But now, isn't the chance of it becoming reality really, really high?
Old 2008-12-15, 14:12   Link #1077
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its up to how people view it, its your own opinions anyway.

Shanks was a left hander, he lost his left arm, he lost his most powerful arm. To me if he prime wasn't when he had the left arm and fighting equal with Mihawk, I don't know when else was his prime.

Also Blackbeard's top priority is to stay a low profile, if he did run, it was because he don't want to let his strength become obvious. But that did not stop him from being able to scar Shanks.

Old 2008-12-15, 14:48   Link #1078
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Its up to how people view it, its your own opinions anyway.

Shanks was a left hander, he lost his left arm, he lost his most powerful arm. To me if he prime wasn't when he had the left arm and fighting equal with Mihawk, I don't know when else was his prime.
When someone loses an arm, they automatically switch dominance, though. So that isn't realyl a good excuse. How else would one continue to be able to write? The brain re-writes itself.

Quote:
Also Blackbeard's top priority is to stay a low profile, if he did run, it was because he don't want to let his strength become obvious. But that did not stop him from being able to scar Shanks.
Blackbeard has something up his sleeve...
Old 2008-12-15, 22:39   Link #1079
Slayerx

Quote:
The handicapped fighter is an old trope...
Characters that gain some kind of handicap often adapt to make up for the loss, and generally they also go beyond that and become stronger because of the handicap... the blind fighter is a rather common example...

In Shank's case, it's easy to believe that he not only managed to become right handed, but increased the strength in that one arm to the point that the one arm has more strength then two arms. Hell, there's a reason why he's currently considered one of the gratest pirates in the sea... I wouldn't even be surprised if it turned out that Mihawk had been too quick to overlook Shanks due to his handicap
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:38   Link #1080
Cinocard

In reality, 1 arm 2 legs never beat 2 arms 2 legs, whatever you say, it's a disadvantage. Someone with one arm at point B is stronger than two arms at points A, but if he still had both arm, shouldn't the "he" with 2 arms at point B be stronger than his current state?

It's obvious Shanks has gotten stronger over the years. It's 11 years, for godsake. And this is Shounen.

What interests me is Blackbeard power.

Quote:

Yeah, i agree. And pirates are not in touch with each other so well, so it's not strange if little knows of the reason of Shanks scar. But what does it have to do with this?