AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-16, 15:17   Link #1081
Rinji
Mew...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Satellite of Love
Send a message via MSN to Rinji
I say you shouldn't underestimate Shanks. There is a reason he can still match Whitebeard with just one arm.
__________________
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:13   Link #1082
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
The Yonkou are all incredibly powerful, they have to be, there's nothing to argue about it. Taking the argument that Shanks has become stronger than he was before, I can also apply that to Blackbeard.

If Shanks can become that powerful with one arm, I don't know how much stronger Blackbeard could be now. He was able to wound Shanks, not too much of a big deal. But I'm sure he still can wound Shanks now, on top of that he has the Darkness ability now.

I'm quite certain that Shanks has real reason to be afraid of him, Blackbeard could really just be that powerful. A man who wants to be the Pirate King, I'm sure he has what it takes to take down a Yonkou.

Also is recieving that scar really something insignificant? In manga, anime, especially Shounen, just taking a single hit from your opponent can tell you how strong that person is. Shanks is obviously threatened by that attack from Blackbeard that left him a scar. He knows how strong Blackbeard is, and could be stronger if he was holding back. And if he was keeping a low profile, holding back his power, his strength would be horrifying in the present day.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:19   Link #1083
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
In reality, 1 arm 2 legs never beat 2 arms 2 legs, whatever you say, it's a disadvantage. Someone with one arm at point B is stronger than two arms at points A, but if he still had both arm, shouldn't the "he" with 2 arms at point B be stronger than his current state?

It's obvious Shanks has gotten stronger over the years. It's 11 years, for godsake. And this is Shounen.
Real world logic does not apply to anime logic...
"shouldn't the "he" with 2 arms at point B be stronger than his current state?"
not necessarily according to anime logic...

In this case one could say that by only training one arm, Shanks was doubling the training of that one arm... if he did pushups, his one arm would need to support his full weight where as, normally, two arms would share the weight... in "anime theory", his one right arm at point B would have atleast double the strength than what his arms what each of his arms would have individually if he had two arms at point B

Again, refer to the TV trope i linked
"A character is born with or acquires some handicap that prevents him from functioning normally. However, due to phlebotinum exposure or training, he develops something that not only makes up for what's missing, but goes beyond it."

One armed shanks at point B, may actually be stronger than the hypothetical Two armed Shanks at point B

unless the character outright says that he is weaker because of his handicap, you should NEVER underestimate a character with a handicap... which is something Mihawk does not seem to understand what with him giving shanks such a pass... again, i would not be shocked if there is a twist that shanks is the true strongest swordsman; mihawk only has the title because he never gave shanks a chance to duel him in the last 10 years... in the end, Mihawk had a great opponent all along but never realized it... not to mention that a conflict between Shanks and Zoro might make for good development for Luffy and Zoro (First thing Zoro said as a strawhat was "if you ever stand in the way of my dream, i'll kill you")

Quote:
If Shanks can become that powerful with one arm, I don't know how much stronger Blackbeard could be now. He was able to wound Shanks, not too much of a big deal. But I'm sure he still can wound Shanks now, on top of that he has the Darkness ability now.
Well i'm not sure if there are people argueing whether or not blackbeard is stronger NOW
i think most of the reaction stemmed from those jumping to the conclusion that Blackbeard was stronger than or the equal of shanks in the past... a rather bold jump

again, i think Shank's pain over his scar stems more from regret that he wasn't able to finish Blackbeard off back in the past... he realized after that encounter that blackbeard would one day bring trouble, and thus regrets ot being able to stop him before he became such a threat... it's alot like how smoker felt about Luffy... Smoker was able to beat Luffy back then easily, but he knew back then that Luffy would one day be huge trouble; And since then, not only has Luffy brought a huge amount of trouble, but the days of when Smoker could have beaten Luffy, may be coming to an end as Luffy grows ever stronger.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-12-16 at 16:34.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 18:31   Link #1084
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It can only be true, if he does more training when he has only one arm than when he had 2 arms. If he does the same amount of training, beh. I know one has to put in more effort to compensate for what one lacks, but what about life and death battles? Pushing both 2 arms to the limit has DOUBLE result compare to pushing one arm to the limit, whatever you say. I hope you won't say: "but then he will push his one arm beyond the limit..."

Anime logic is mangaka logic. That logic can tell us Shanks is strong, but it cannot tell us one arm man or two arm man is stronger... Based on the fact: "anything is possible in a manga" you may be right, i may be right, but no one knows till Oda draws about it. So why don't we apply real life logic into our guess? If not, i can just say i wish Shanks just had one leg so that he would pawns the ass hole out of everyone, and you can't say anything about it.

And i never underestimate Shanks. Even if i were stupid, i still know he's powerful.

About Blackbeard, i will sum it up: Shanks saying Blackbeard may eventually replace Whitebeard is not a hoax.
Who care however strong he is now or he was in the past.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 23:24   Link #1085
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
again, i would not be shocked if there is a twist that shanks is the true strongest swordsman; mihawk only has the title because he never gave shanks a chance to duel him in the last 10 years... in the end, Mihawk had a great opponent all along but never realized it...
Damn, well just shate on Zoro's dream and call Mihawk a fraud why don't ya.
Oda sucks yall if that ever happened.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 05:45   Link #1086
Wai
Need a hand?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
I'm more interested in determining who the strongest female is.

Robin vs Hancock, who would win?

Don't forget Nyon, the little granny who packs a punch.
__________________
Wai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:30   Link #1087
Rinji
Mew...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Satellite of Love
Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Strongest female? Well I believe Hina also has a good place in there. She seemingly defeated Bon Clay without an effort, but that of course cannot be proven as it happened in a subplot in the titles.
__________________
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 03:23   Link #1088
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Damn, well just shate on Zoro's dream and call Mihawk a fraud why don't ya..
Well, ya maybe mihawk, but id don't see how it effects zoro... (though mihawk is destined to fall anyway)
his dream is not to defeat mihawk but to become the strongest swordsman; Mihawk just happens to be the one he has to beat to do it... if another swordsman gets the title away from mihawk before Zoro does, then all that means is that Zoro now has to beat that other swordsman... it also makes for better story due to the fact that shanks is much higher in importance than Mihawk, and the relationship between shanks and Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wai View Post
I'm more interested in determining who the strongest female is.
keep in mind spoilers
Spoiler for female:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 04:54   Link #1089
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Wai, I can see you are a big Robin fan. But Robin isn't a warrior in the first place, she doen't need to be the strongest girl and it's unlikely she cares if she isn't. And we all know she has no chance against Perona.

But I'm thinking a certain spoilerish character as current answer (who knows if Lola's mom is like and other New World girls).
__________________
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 11:14   Link #1090
MundilFare
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Lightbulb Seatowerstone and imbuing with weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7 View Post
yeah i don't see how anyone can beat smoker or ace? their like on a whole different level...
Easy...

... It would be so much easier for the whole crew if they got onto the thought of using Seatowerstone and imbuing them with zoros swords, etc ... and ofcourse the use of haki... =)

that would be crucial for all their enemys... thats what i wish for atm ^^
MundilFare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 20:24   Link #1091
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Wai, I can see you are a big Robin fan. But Robin isn't a warrior in the first place, she doen't need to be the strongest girl and it's unlikely she cares if she isn't. And we all know she has no chance against Perona.

But I'm thinking a certain spoilerish character as current answer (who knows if Lola's mom is like and other New World girls).
Well, there's still the possibility that Koina (I think that's her name) from the Zoro flashback is still alive. The story of her death seemed a little fishy.
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 21:18   Link #1092
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, there's still the possibility that Koina (I think that's her name) from the Zoro flashback is still alive. The story of her death seemed a little fishy.
What's fishy about seeing the corpse with a loincloth over her head?
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 01:22   Link #1093
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Damn, well just shate on Zoro's dream and call Mihawk a fraud why don't ya.
Oda sucks yall if that ever happened.
The shanks fanbase, "if it ain't shanks its a lie."
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 02:00   Link #1094
Rinji
Mew...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Satellite of Love
Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Wai, I can see you are a big Robin fan. But Robin isn't a warrior in the first place, she doen't need to be the strongest girl and it's unlikely she cares if she isn't. And we all know she has no chance against Perona.
If Usopp can defeat Perona, Robin can definitely defeat her, "hands" down.
__________________
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 11:17   Link #1095
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
What's fishy about seeing the corpse with a loincloth over her head?
.... They showed that?
I remember in the anime them saying that she "fell down the stairs" or something to that effect.
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 12:12   Link #1096
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I'd reason we've yet to glimpse the "strongest" person in One Piece.

Spoiler for Potential Plot Element:


Still, out of all the figures we've seen thus far... I'd have to give the title of strongest to Eneru: just hours after being thoroughly pulverized he was up and ready for more. His biggest downplay was a bad type match-up having to fight a rubber man... and the fact that he's so easily distracted ("I'll kill the-To the moon Maxim!")
__________________
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 12:21   Link #1097
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Well his Lightning ability is definitely top tier, shocking his heart back to life, I doubt Kizaru and other Logias can do anything remotely similar. He has like Auto-Life cast on him, he can't die unless of course Seastone.

But Eneru himself is pretty weak in physical capabilities, his acts all relied on his ability.

But I think besides Luffy, the people who can defeat him would include Blackbeard's darkness and those big names with incredibly strong Haki.

To anyone else, Eneru is just as powerful as Kizaru is and he can't die.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 12:22   Link #1098
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well his Lightning ability is definitely top tier, shocking his heart back to life, I doubt Kizaru and other Logias can do anything remotely similar. He has like Auto-Life cast on him, he can't die unless of course Seastone.

But Eneru himself is pretty weak in physical capabilities, his acts all relied on his ability.

But I think besides Luffy, the people who can defeat him would include Blackbeard's darkness and those big names with incredibly strong Haki.

To anyone else, Eneru is just as powerful as Kizaru is and he can't die.
Not being able to die is a pretty big deal, if you ask me. You shouldn't take God so lightly.....
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 12:32   Link #1099
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well his Lightning ability is definitely top tier, shocking his heart back to life, I doubt Kizaru and other Logias can do anything remotely similar. He has like Auto-Life cast on him, he can't die unless of course Seastone.

But Eneru himself is pretty weak in physical capabilities, his acts all relied on his ability.

But I think besides Luffy, the people who can defeat him would include Blackbeard's darkness and those big names with incredibly strong Haki.

To anyone else, Eneru is just as powerful as Kizaru is and he can't die.
The scary thing about Eneru...

Spoiler for Spoiler:


I did forget about BlackBeard though, that puts a bit of a wrench in my thoughts...

Unless my above material were realized...
__________________
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 13:11   Link #1100
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
.... They showed that?
I remember in the anime them saying that she "fell down the stairs" or something to that effect.
Yes, that's how it happened... but really, an undramatic death is not evidence for no death at all... all things considered i actually like how that played out. She was just a kid, in no way does it seem like she should have died saving someone's life or at the end of the sword; she's was a normal kid and as such it feels more natural for her to have a normal death... and the "death by illness" is just such a cliche'... her death was somewhat unique (atleast in regards to anime) but at the same time natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Still, out of all the figures we've seen thus far... I'd have to give the title of strongest to Eneru: just hours after being thoroughly pulverized he was up and ready for more. His biggest downplay was a bad type match-up having to fight a rubber man... and the fact that he's so easily distracted ("I'll kill the-To the moon Maxim!")
From one of the SBS's, "word of God" says, that Eneru down on the blue seas would have had a bounty no higher than 5-600 million... yes that's the highest bounty we've heard yet, but Oda says directly that down on the blue seas there would be people stronger than Eneru
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.