AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-12-19, 13:18   Link #1101
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Yes, that's how it happened... but really, an undramatic death is not evidence for no death at all... all things considered i actually like how that played out. She was just a kid, in no way does it seem like she should have died saving someone's life or at the end of the sword; she's was a normal kid and as such it feels more natural for her to have a normal death... and the "death by illness" is just such a cliche'... her death was somewhat unique (atleast in regards to anime) but at the same time natural
Natural, yes, but still....
There is also the chance that her father is out there, somewhere, doing.... something. I always thought he had a hand in it.

Quote:
From one of the SBS's, "word of God" says, that Eneru down on the blue seas would have had a bounty no higher than 5-600 million... yes that's the highest bounty we've heard yet, but Oda says directly that down on the blue seas there would be people stronger than Eneru
Stonger than a god? I always thought that the only reason Luffy beat him was his natural resistance.
Old 2008-12-19, 13:20   Link #1102
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Stonger than a god? I always thought that the only reason Luffy beat him was his natural resistance.
With BlackBeard able to nullify DF abilities and people like Rayleign who can cut pure energy (a light-man)... yeah, Oda can downplay even God with his imagination.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 13:47   Link #1103
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
With BlackBeard able to nullify DF abilities and people like Rayleign who can cut pure energy (a light-man)... yeah, Oda can downplay even God with his imagination.
Also Seastone... being able to restart your heart doesn't really work if the attack cuts the heart in half... not to mention that a Seastone net could get Eneru a nice little cell in Impel Down

Spoiler for Manga:

really, Rubber did play a HUGE factor for Luffy... without it he would have been creamed... Hell seeing as Oda says Enernu would have had a bounty of 5-600 million at the most we could say that most characters below 500 million would have trouble with a loose against Enernu; grant it, the shichibukai are an exception to this since we don't know what their true bounty would be if it was not frozen (no clue if they are above or below that mark)... Luffy however was only worth 100 million at the time but still beat him and that was all thanks to rubber

what Oda is practically saying in the SBS is, don't underestimate Eneru because how his fight went with Luffy, but don't go thinking that he is the most powerful character either

Quote:
Natural, yes, but still....
There is also the chance that her father is out there, somewhere, doing.... something. I always thought he had a hand in it.
.... like i said she was just a kid, she died a normal death from a common accident; has watching anime and reading manga made it such a hard concept to accept out of storyline?
Her father, was last seen still at his dojo trying to figure out how to keep his students from following Zoro as a role model

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-12-19 at 17:06.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 19:58   Link #1104
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Well, ya maybe mihawk, but id don't see how it effects zoro... (though mihawk is destined to fall anyway)
his dream is not to defeat mihawk but to become the strongest swordsman; Mihawk just happens to be the one he has to beat to do it... if another swordsman gets the title away from mihawk before Zoro does, then all that means is that Zoro now has to beat that other swordsman... it also makes for better story due to the fact that shanks is much higher in importance than Mihawk, and the relationship between shanks and Luffy
Naw, it would be terrible for the story.
Mihawk IS the strongest swordsman and Zoro's FINAL OBSTACLE; Therefore Zoro has to beat Mihawk for the title. Beating anyone else and saying Mihawk is a fraud is crap writing. Mihawk and Shanks are of equal importance to the story, as they are BOTH connected to the main characters.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-12-19 at 20:55.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 23:07   Link #1105
Kiyoshi00

Send a message via AIM to Kiyoshi00 Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyoshi00
i dont know if anyone said this already but isent it whitebeard and if not
how about luffy father dragon whos most wanted
Old 2008-12-19, 23:42   Link #1106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Naw, it would be terrible for the story.
Mihawk IS the strongest swordsman and Zoro's FINAL OBSTACLE; Therefore Zoro has to beat Mihawk for the title. Beating anyone else and saying Mihawk is a fraud is crap writing. Mihawk and Shanks are of equal importance to the story, as they are BOTH connected to the main characters.
Shanks and Mihawk equal in story importance? nah
Shanks is the source of inspiration for Luffy's entire journey and he is currently acting as a mover and shaker in the world; not only in the sense f his title but attempting to influence the movements of others like Whitebeard and doing his part to start a new era of pirating (through Luffy)... Mihawk on the other hand, he is Zoro's not Zoro's goal but the embodiment of his goal which can change to another; he makes no attempt to influence the world as Shanks does, he just goes with the flow and does whatever...

I don't think it would be crap writing either since it would make sense... Shanks was the rival of Mihawk and as such the second strongest swordsman in the world, but Mihawk has been ignoring Shanks a powerful swordsman for 10 years... he claims he has no interest in fighting a one armed man and through arrogance assumes that he win a duel... its his own damn fault if he was dethroned without him ever realizing it. Its not that hard to see the possibility; hell some might even ask, what was the point of making Shanks and him being former rivals instead of keeping the two men unrelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi00 View Post
i dont know if anyone said this already but isent it whitebeard and if not
how about luffy father dragon whos most wanted
"most wanted" does not translate to "strongest"
Bounties and the like come from a number of different factors, from ones personal strength, to the influence they may potentially hold... while their is little doubt that Dragon is strong, the bounty on his head would be much higher since he is currently leading a revolution around the globe and toppling entire countries... meanwhile, Whitebeard just sticks to the New world doing what ever it is that the Whitebeard pirates do on a day to day basis...
Old 2008-12-19, 23:49   Link #1107
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Shanks and Mihawk equal in story importance? nah
Shanks is the source of inspiration for Luffy's entire journey and he is currently acting as a mover and shaker in the world; not only in the sense f his title but attempting to influence the movements of others like Whitebeard and doing his part to start a new era of pirating (through Luffy)... Mihawk on the other hand, he is Zoro's not Zoro's goal but the embodiment of his goal which can change to another; he makes no attempt to influence the world as Shanks does, he just goes with the flow and does whatever...
This is false.
Shanks isn't doing anything in the world other than his warning about Blackbeard to Whitebeard? Luffy is trying to surpass Shanks and Zoro IS trying to surpass Mihawk. Both Mihakw and Shanks past rivals have major influences on our MAIN characters of equal importance cause they are striving to be better than both.

Quote:
I don't think it would be crap writing either since it would make sense... Shanks was the rival of Mihawk and as such the second strongest swordsman in the world, but Mihawk has been ignoring Shanks a powerful swordsman for 10 years... he claims he has no interest in fighting a one armed man and through arrogance assumes that he win a duel... its his own damn fault if he was dethroned without him ever realizing it. Its not that hard to see the possibility; hell some might even ask, what was the point of making Shanks and him being former rivals instead of keeping the two men unrelated
Sigh...Mihawk is "greater than any other swordsman in the entire world."
Nuff said.
Old 2008-12-20, 00:05   Link #1108
james0246

Quote:
This is false.
Shanks isn't doing anything in the world other than his warning about Blackbeard to Whitebeard? Luffy is trying to surpass Shanks and Zoro IS trying to surpass Mihawk. Both Mihakw and Shanks past rivals have major influences on our MAIN characters of equal importance cause they are striving to be better than both.
That really wasn't Slayerx's point or at least not his/her full point. Rather, he/she was emphasizing that the "Greatest Swordsman" is all Zoro needs to fight (whomever might be the greatest swordsman currently), Zoro does not explicitly need to defeat Mihawk (arguably, Mihawk has expressed more interest in Zoro as a potential rival, than Zoro does in seeking to defeat Mihawk). Specifically, if Mihawk were to fall Character X (let's say Blackbeard's subordinate Laffite (don't know if he is a swordsman, but he does have a cane ), considering that Blackbeard is a candidate for 'final' Big Bad and his crew might be the final fought crew on the Strawhats journey), it would be relatively easy for Zoro to switch his focus from Mihawk to whomever defeated Mihawk (In fact, there could even be a little mini-arc about Zoro finding Mihawk to confront him concerning their broken promise, which could end in a fight, which could lead Zoro to deciding that he needs to defeat whomever defeated Mihawk (or something similar to this type of storyline). There is no specific connection between the two besides Zoro desire to compete against the Best, a dream he holds on to from his lost childhood friend. (To put it another way, Zoro is seeking the title of Strongest Swordsman as a symbol of the fulfillment of his and Kuina's dream...Mihawk just so happens to be the person who holds the title currently, so Zoro seeks to defeat Mihawk. If Mihawk did not have the title, or it passed to someone else, then Zoro would seek the new title-holder.)

That is not to say that I think anyone will replace Mihawk as the greatest Swordsman, or that Zoro will not compete against him later in the story. But, simply because I do not currently see Mihawk being replaced, does not mean that I cannot accept the possibility that Oda couldn't develop some new character or use a previously known character that can defeat Mihawk (though I see this as a bit of an extreme possibility, rather than a truly plausible storyline.)

Last edited by james0246; 2008-12-20 at 01:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 10:43   Link #1109
Phenomenal
Banned

I'm afraid you don't understand what Slayerx is posting.
Read his post I quoted above you.
Old 2008-12-20, 17:55   Link #1110
james0246

Quote:
No I understood Slayerx’s post: he/she does not believe that Mihawk is as important to the overall story (i.e. on the world stage) as Shanks (and consequently believes that Mihawk could be replaced as "Greatest Swordsman" without resulting in "bad writing"). You disagreed and stated, specifically, that Zoro was trying to surpass Mihawk. I, in turn, disagreed with this latter assertion, arguing, as SlayerX did, that Zoro does not seek to rival or defeat Mihawk specifically, but rather any person who holds the title of "Greatest Swordsman", consequently implying that Mihawk's place in the One Piece universe is far more tenuous than Shanks.

I'd say that, more or less, summarizes the past three posts...at least concerning Mihawk and his place as a character within the story.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 18:03   Link #1111
Phenomenal
Banned

Too bad your both incorrect...

Mihawk: "As the strongest,
I will wait years for you, if need be!!
Take your will, brave one, and use it to surpass my blade!!!
SURPASS ME, RORONOA!!!"

Zoro: "I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!!!!
UNTIL THE DAY I DEFEAT HIM AND BECOME THE STRONGEST,
I. WILL. NOT.
LOSE. AGAIN!!!!"

Zoro is trying to Suprpass MIHAWK just like Luffy is trying to surpass Shanks.
Anyone else GREATER than Mihawk [In terms of Swordplay]; Zoro's dream, is crap writing and wishful thinking on you fans part.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-12-20 at 18:15.
Old 2008-12-20, 18:08   Link #1112
neoeagle

Quote:
Too bad your both incorrect...

Mihawk: "As the strongest,
I will wait years for you, if need be!!
Take your will, brave one, and use it to surpass my blade!!!
SURPASS ME, RORONOA!!!"

Zoro: "I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!!!!
UNTIL THE DAY I DEFEAT HIM AND BECOME THE STRONGEST,
I. WILL. NOT.
LOSE. AGAIN!!!!"
I have to say strongest is either Mihawk or Zoro.They aren't DF users and they can own anyone.If zoror can cut steel you can bet your ass he can learn to cut sand ,smoke or anything else.

Watching:One Outs,Tales of abyss,Gundam 00 S2,Index,Toradora, Casshern,Kurozuka
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 02:00   Link #1113
Slayerx

Quote:
This is false.
Shanks isn't doing anything in the world other than his warning about Blackbeard to Whitebeard?
Shanks actually cares about the current Era that they live in... he bet his arm on Luffy starting a new era, but at the same time fears what Blackbeard himself may pull... he wants Blackbeard stopped but it must be done carefully or the pirate era, this "era of recklessness" as he puts it will not end... Shanks was trying to save Ace, and it was Ace's defeat that is about to shake the world... ace's defeat could wind up as something very bad for pirates like Shanks and Luffy depending on how the world moves. Who knows what might happen; it could even be that whether or not Whitebeard listens to Shanks could very well determine his whole fate... frankly, i do feel that Shanks was foreshadowing Whitebeard's end

sure does sound like shanks is trying to take an active role in the world... much more than Mihawk; only influence he has for the sake of the Era is unintentially on his part... he only cares about himself
Quote:
Luffy is trying to surpass Shanks and Zoro IS trying to surpass Mihawk. Both Mihakw and Shanks past rivals have major influences on our MAIN characters of equal importance cause they are striving to be better than both.
the relationship that exists between Mihawk and Shanks is nothing like the relationship between Zoro and Luffy... Mihawk and Shanks fought against eachother as rivals, but there is no rivalry between Luffy and Zoro; they are friends following their own dreams going along the same path.... this is not like the relationship between Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke and the Sannins, in Naruto where the younger generation is supposed to be a reflection of the older generation... If the rivalry between Shanks and Mihawk did not exist the story would not be any different

Quote:
actually he seems to understand quite clearly my major point

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
he/she.
he, for the record
Quote:
Zoro is trying to Suprpass MIHAWK just like Luffy is trying to surpass Shanks.
Anyone else GREATER than Mihawk [In terms of Swordplay]; Zoro's dream, is crap writing and wishful thinking on you fans part.
not really seeing the crap writing... hell, Luffy surpassing Shanks isn't even his true goal, more of kind of side goal as the true goal is to become pirate king; in a sense becoming pirate king means Luffy surpassing all other pirates including both shanks and Mihawk...

and it's not really wishful thinking, just out of the box thinking... unlike your past shichibukai fanboyism(though tainted by your personal disappointment over some recent ones), i hold none for shanks; i could care less if he actually turned out to be stronger than Mihawk... i just like to think of possibilities and theories; frankly, i do think that sometimes an author misses out of some good chances (like kishimoto, if plans on hooking up NaruXHina, has missed out on numerous of chances to move that forward)

i don't see how it would be crap writing... it could work out to be quite compelling actually... Zoro's dream is to become the greastest swordsman, his dream was established when he was a child years ago, NOT the day he got his ass kicked by Mihawk; that really just helped motivate him to work harder at the dream he already desired... Dreams are very important to the point that oda sees it's more devastating to crush a dream than kill someone off. As such, it might be interesting to see Zoro to get a taste of his dream being fulfilled only to realized that it has not been; he would face crushing dissapointment followed by a new drive... it might be like almost reliving his defeat by mihawk with the realization that he still has furthar to go... could be interesting if done right
Old 2008-12-21, 12:37   Link #1114
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
i don't see how it would be crap writing... it could work out to be quite compelling actually... Zoro's dream is to become the greastest swordsman, his dream was established when he was a child years ago, NOT the day he got his ass kicked by Mihawk; that really just helped motivate him to work harder at the dream he already desired... Dreams are very important to the point that oda sees it's more devastating to crush a dream than kill someone off. As such, it might be interesting to see Zoro to get a taste of his dream being fulfilled only to realized that it has not been; he would face crushing dissapointment followed by a new drive... it might be like almost reliving his defeat by mihawk with the realization that he still has furthar to go... could be interesting if done right
Quite. You really just proved that it would be better writing if Mihawk wasn't the greatest swordsman in the world... I could see Zoro bloodied and beaten, having just barely managed a victory, only to have Mihawk look up at him "But... this title belongs to another..."
And this leads Zoro on a whole new goal, and one of the most emotional moments for him.
But we now have the question of who the world's greatest swordsman would be? Shanks? Nah, that wouldn't be very good. Then Zoro and Luffy would get in each other's way to an extent. I say it should be someone completely different and new.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:16   Link #1115
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Shanks actually cares about the current Era that they live in... he bet his arm on Luffy starting a new era, but at the same time fears what Blackbeard himself may pull... he wants Blackbeard stopped but it must be done carefully or the pirate era, this "era of recklessness" as he puts it will not end... Shanks was trying to save Ace, and it was Ace's defeat that is about to shake the world... ace's defeat could wind up as something very bad for pirates like Shanks and Luffy depending on how the world moves. Who knows what might happen; it could even be that whether or not Whitebeard listens to Shanks could very well determine his whole fate... frankly, i do feel that Shanks was foreshadowing Whitebeard's end

sure does sound like shanks is trying to take an active role in the world... much more than Mihawk; only influence he has for the sake of the Era is unintentially on his part... he only cares about himself
And what has Shanks done about it....? NOTHING, in the New World being a drunk just running his mouth.

Quote:
the relationship that exists between Mihawk and Shanks is nothing like the relationship between Zoro and Luffy... Mihawk and Shanks fought against eachother as rivals, but there is no rivalry between Luffy and Zoro; they are friends following their own dreams going along the same path.... this is not like the relationship between Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke and the Sannins, in Naruto where the younger generation is supposed to be a reflection of the older generation... If the rivalry between Shanks and Mihawk did not exist the story would not be any different
That wasn't my point.
The point is, Luffy and Zoro who are connected, trying to surpass two other guys, who are connected.

Quote:
not really seeing the crap writing... hell, Luffy surpassing Shanks isn't even his true goal, more of kind of side goal as the true goal is to become pirate king; in a sense becoming pirate king means Luffy surpassing all other pirates including both shanks and Mihawk...
He's gonna have to be better than Shanks to be Pirate King..which means SURPASS an Emperor in the New world looking for the piece. Just like Luffy said he would.

Quote:
and it's not really wishful thinking, just out of the box thinking... unlike your past shichibukai fanboyism(though tainted by your personal disappointment over some recent ones), i hold none for shanks; i could care less if he actually turned out to be stronger than Mihawk... i just like to think of possibilities and theories; frankly, i do think that sometimes an author misses out of some good chances (like kishimoto, if plans on hooking up NaruXHina, has missed out on numerous of chances to move that forward)

I'm no Shichibukai fanboy, I'm only going by the freaking story while you make up crap about Shanks being the strongest swordsman and going completely away from the story. NOW THAT'S fanboyism on your part. Lol, but you call it "out the box thinking," no. It would be crap writing, all the build up for Mihawk and the words he spoke to Zoro and Luffy that day would be a freakin LIE and a waste. What the heck is Mihawk following Luffy and Zoro so closely for?

THAT IS CRAP WRITING, You shanks fanboys need to stop.

Quote:
Quite. You really just proved that it would be better writing if Mihawk wasn't the greatest swordsman in the world...
Yes bash the guy you praise in Oda and not follow the story...
Ya'll just keep proving my point.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-12-21 at 14:32.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:36   Link #1116
Slayerx

Quote:
Quite. You really just proved that it would be better writing if Mihawk wasn't the greatest swordsman in the world... I could see Zoro bloodied and beaten, having just barely managed a victory, only to have Mihawk look up at him "But... this title belongs to another..."
And this leads Zoro on a whole new goal, and one of the most emotional moments for him.
personally, i was imagining it as more of "feeling" and Mihawk himself being oblivious to his own status... like Zoro won, but something doesn't feel right about it, something empty and hollow about his great victory... it is only when he encounter's shanks that he realizes what's wrong; he was the strongest swordsman in the world yet...

but hey we are talking about possibilities here, so it could go done any number of ways...

Quote:
But we now have the question of who the world's greatest swordsman would be? Shanks? Nah, that wouldn't be very good. Then Zoro and Luffy would get in each other's way to an extent. I say it should be someone completely different and new.
Actually, i thought it be good if Luffy and Zoro got in each others way
I mean, the first thing Zoro ever said to Luffy upon agreeing to become a strawhat was "if you ever get in the way of my dream, i will kill you"
Zoro vs Shanks is the only way i could ever see where Luffy might get in Zoro's way... no i don't expect zoro to kill Luffy but i do expect the tension to be there

not to mention, if not Mihawk, i'd rather it be someone already established as a character by this point to hold the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhenomonal
The point is, Luffy and Zoro who are connected, trying to surpass two other guys, who are connected.
and as i said, shanks and mihawk being connected does not in anyway reflect Zoro and Luffy being connected... at this point the dynamics of the story wouldn't be the slightest bit different if Mihawk and Shanks were not connected... thus the connection of Shanks and Mihawk has absoulty no bearing on Luffy and Zoro

Quote:
And what has Shanks done about it....? NOTHING, in the New World being a drunk just running his mouth.
trying to do something is better than actually doing nothing

Quote:
He's gonna have to be better than Shanks to be Pirate King..which means SURPASS an Emperor in the New world looking for the piece. Just like Luffy said he would.
Luffy surpassing shanks is not the true goal... its an offshoot of what he will do by obtaining his goal... unlike Zoro you needs to defeat and prove himself against other swordsman

Quote:
I'm only going by the freaking story while you make up crap about Shanks being the strongest swordsman and going completely away from the story.
Actually i talk of your past fanboyism.... you use to defend the shichibukai to high heaven and back and never except anything less that they were awesome; just like you can't except its even remotely possible that Mihawk isn't really the strongest you use to never except the possibility that for instance, Eneru could have beaten croc... or came up with lame theories of how Mihawk could beat logias as well for that matter (before we knew of Haki)

actually, this theory stays within the bounds of the story... i even go to give reasons that might support the possibility... unlike shippers for instance that talk of things that can not happen because that would taking the characters completely out of character; and no, it would not be out of character for Mihawk to have already lost his title as he has been ignoring an opponent for the last 10 years... furthermore, the build up wouldn't be for nothing, as it would serve as a way of raising Zoro's hope for his disappointment; and it did serve as powerful motivation

it is a good skill in writing to mislead readers, such as giving us the information publicly known by the world as oppose to the real truth, and draw them to false conclusions but provide subtle hints to the real truth

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-12-21 at 15:22.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:58   Link #1117
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
personally, i was imagining it as more of "feeling" and Mihawk himself being oblivious to his own status... like Zoro won, but something doesn't feel right about it, something empty and hollow about his great victory... it is only when he encounter's shanks that he realizes what's wrong; he was the strongest swordsman in the world yet...
I like that feeling. I could imagine Mihawk being oblivious to his own status as well. That would work for his character....

Quote:
Actually, i thought it be good if Luffy and Zoro got in each others way
I mean, the first thing Zoro ever said to Luffy upon agreeing to become a strawhat was "if you ever get in the way of my dream, i will kill you"
Zoro vs Shanks is the only way i could ever see where Luffy might get in Zoro's way... no i don't expect zoro to kill Luffy but i do expect the tension to be there
That would be interesting. Zoro and Luffy become each other's "final boss" in the end as they are about to reach One Piece....

Quote:
not to mention, if not Mihawk, i'd rather it be someone already established as a character by this point to hold the title
I have high hopes for that chick that travels with Smoker... But may'll be someone different entirely. I'm still all for new characters popping up in the new world.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:05   Link #1118
Slayerx

Quote:
I have high hopes for that chick that travels with Smoker... But may'll be someone different entirely. I'm still all for new characters popping up in the new world.
Tashigi... and not bad actually...
grant it, i'd rather it be more like Zoro and Tashigi would face off to see who the strongest instead of it sounding like she is established as such... like Zoro encounters her, realizes they are about tied and thus needs to break the tie to be the strongest
(oh that's gonna hurt phenomonal; not only are we saying Mihawk won't end the series in second place, but that he fall behind little tashigi aswell... well, atleast Mihawk won't be bored anymore; he's got plenty of people to fight now)

quite good for both their characters... Zoro's dream is one that he shared with Kunia, and one of Kunia (and tashigi's) biggest complaints is that being a woman makes them weaker and unable to obtain the same heights of a man... and yet here's tashigi, the woman that resembles Kunia in a number of ways, on the verge of taking the title herself... but ofcourse, Zoro will need to remember that she is not Kunia, and that she does not share Kunia's dream as he does

my my, that could work out to be very well
(and i guess now we will be labeled as tashigi fanboys aswell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyshopper View Post
that would be too cliché wait and see oda will kick our asses again with a super unexpected crazily awesome plot
HELMEMPO XD
*head desk*

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-12-21 at 15:24.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:05   Link #1119
lovelyshopper

that would be too cliché wait and see oda will kick our asses again with a super unexpected crazily awesome plot
lovelyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 15:16   Link #1120
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Tashigi... and not bad actually...
grant it, i'd rather it be more like Zoro and Tashigi would face off to see who the strongest instead of it sounding like she is established as such... like Zoro encounters her, realizes they are about tied and thus needs to break the tie to be the strongest
(oh that's gonna hurt phenomonal; not only are we saying Mihawk won't end the series in second place, but that he fall behind little tashigi aswell... well, atleast Mihawk won't be bored anymore; he's got plenty of people to fight now)
I'd rather Zoro finally defeat Mihawk, only to find out that Mihawk was already defeated by Tashigi quite some time ago.... After his victory, Zoro says something along the lines of it not feeling quite right, and then Mihawk spills the beans that he had been defeated long before their first encounter....

Quote:
quite good for both their characters... Zoro's dream is one that he shared with Kunia, and one of Kunia (and tashigi's) biggest complaints is that being a woman makes them weaker and unable to obtain the same heights of a man... and yet here's tashigi, the woman that resembles Kunia in a number of ways, on the verge of taking the title herself... but ofcourse, Zoro will need to remember that she is not Kunia, and that she does not share Kunia's dream as he does
I always wondered at the significance of her introduction near the Zoro flashback. Then, there was the fact that she looked like Kuina.... and her death still seems a little... fishy to me... But I don't want to deal with flamers, so I'll leave that theory on the back-burner for now.

Quote:
my my, that could work out to be very well
(and i guess now we will be labeled as tashigi fanboys aswell)
I don't mind being a Tashigi fanboy... she's pretty cool.