AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 19:02   Link #1
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Burnt out

Have any of you ever just stepped back from AnimeSuki? I know I did last year. I got really burnt out (you could say) and really busy at work. Then I gradually came back around Nov. or Dec. Even now sometimes I won't loggon and would just scan/read some of the posts. Really, you can't just stop visiting here.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:05   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Even now sometimes I won't loggon and would just scan/read some of the posts.
I simply can't afford to have that choice. I'm always logged on from my computer, and I'm far too lazy to click on "Log Out." What a sad, sad life I live. :'( I may never log out from this place... always forced to scan the boards and post for the rest of my life...
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:06   Link #3
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Have any of you ever just stepped back from AnimeSuki? I know I did last year. I got really burnt out (you could say) and really busy at work. Then I gradually came back around Nov. or Dec. Even now sometimes I won't loggon and would just scan/read some of the posts. Really, you can't just stop visiting here.
Yup, I OD'd on this the first 2 months I signed then finals hit. After the scavenger hunt I only viewed and posted when annoyed or found something worth posting about. Also the lack of interesting new topics put me on hold. I'm just now getting back into seeing what's going on with all the scandals and things happening.

Last edited by Spiggy; 2004-07-30 at 19:07. Reason: typo
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:06   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

*sigh* It's addictive ;_;
I remember some time ago I quit for 2 months or so, tried coming back but there was a big crash where everything got reset, so I waited a bit and checked back and it was up again. I believe that was the time I met a whole bunch of new people and restarted the Workshop thread ^^

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:14   Link #5
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmm, I don't find it addictive. Maybe because the forum gets larger every day and it's too overwhelming to read all the threads. I believe the only time recently where I visited the forum a lot was during the Kazoo great scavenger hunt contest.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:16   Link #6
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

I kind of backed off from animesuki for a while, not to sure why but yeah I only recently came back...

THE ANIMES ARE SECRETLY RIGGED TO HYPNOTISE US TO GO TO THE FORUMS I SWEAR!...that or...well...it just _has_ to be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Kazoo great scavenger hunt contest
Awww....memories...
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:21   Link #7
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
What do you mean by burnt out? Oops nevermind sorry iv stayed up to much lately at this site. Sad isn't it. And my threads aren't even that popular. *looks to see if slade is around so he can say this* Psssst... I suck!
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:25   Link #8
Necrodeath

Naw, not really...But then I don't do a whole lot of posting in here, and my main concerns go to the GFX stuff (signatures, digital fanart...).
Old 2004-07-30, 19:26   Link #9
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Well I have noticed some of the senior members/regluars haven't been online. I also notice that Boney was gone for a few weeks, DarkZero well comes on when the moods strikes him and ato I finally saw him online, then theres my buddy dragonz20 Mr. controversy. All of these members seem to have some of the best post when debating. Ooooh! how I love to read a good debate. ** Except for ato hes been laying low for a while. I can name a few more but these are ones that come to mind first.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:28   Link #10
Harogenki

I mean yes this forum is addictive. On another note, Im here so much that my computer smells like something is burning right now. Seriously that cant be good.

Last edited by Harogenki; 2004-07-30 at 19:33. Reason: Because
Old 2004-07-30, 19:43   Link #11
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Computers usually don't burn... mine has not been off (only rebooted) for months now, I think.

Yeah a lot of senior members have been replaced by newer members. I like to read the self-proclaimed forum bard, AG3's songs. That is the way life goes... new members/generation replacing the old, and the cycle continues until the (biological) system ceases to exist. In this case the system is the forum.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:48   Link #12
Harogenki

Quote:
Computers usually don't burn... mine has not been off (only rebooted) for months now, I think.

Yeah a lot of senior members have been replaced by newer members. I like to read the self-proclaimed forum bard, AG3's songs. That is the way life goes... new members/generation replacing the old, and the cycle continues until the (biological) system ceases to exist. In this case the system is the forum.
Ooooooook... That was interesting, anyways, what does attract us to forums that apply to our tastes and interests, this is like a crude chatroom system.
Old 2004-07-30, 19:50   Link #13
Entropy
Flame warrior

I've heard of hard drives that smolder sometimes.

But yeah,sometimes it's best to back off from a place like a forum for a little while.You know,go somewhere else,meet some new people,than come back later.People just get bored you know?
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:50   Link #14
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:

Nice analogy (sp) I've also noticed that alot of members have decided to go invisible. They could be reading the threads just not posting but knowing dragonz20 that would be a hard thing to do when a good debate pops up.

Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:51   Link #15
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
And the Cow says Moooooooo

Last edited by ff7799; 2004-07-31 at 00:32.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:52   Link #16
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Nice analogy (sp) I've also noticed that alot of members have decided to go invisible. They could be reading the threads just not posting but knowing dragonz20 that would be a hard thing to do when a good debate pops up.
Well yea everyone goes to forums to prove their points and ideas, that's partially why im here.
Old 2004-07-30, 19:52   Link #17
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
I love it here the burn hasn't kicked in yet..............While I was in NZ I so wanted to post from an internet cafe but as you know time flies when your having fun. So when the burn kicks in I wil be sure to let you all know........lol
Old 2004-07-30, 19:55   Link #18
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Yeah, i had a long period where i was inactive, but in the end i came back and i've been more active than ever

( But i didn't post overly much - i don't even know if people here noticed me or anything I usually only post when i have something important to say on a topic .. buuut .. someone urged me to post more, so i'm trying to )

So yeah, i don't know if i could call myself a senior, but i've been around for quite some time now.. i like these forums because there is often something new to read, and it doesn't seem to get boring

It's also great as a side activity if you are bored..
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:59   Link #19
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
I love it here the burn hasn't kicked in yet..............While I was in NZ I so wanted to post from an internet cafe but as you know time flies when your having fun. So when the burn kicks in I wil be sure to let you all know........lol
Yea i knew i was here alot but i didnt know that i was here THat much, but the burning smell doesnt come often, last time it did it was from playing call of duty so much, and i honestly cant believe im here more than iam out playing call of duty or revolt online, i mean in this place you cant even decapitate anyone! Jeez wheres the fun?
Old 2004-07-30, 20:10   Link #20
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Eh..I dunno...it's still fun here for me. If I got burned out, I'd go somewhere else for a while and then come back later. There are a lot of people who have left, but then again there's a lot of people still here.

I wouldn't say I'm really an old-school forumite, though...depends on where the line is. I guess I'm more of an old-school guy on the Naruto boards, though...since the average turnaround time for members doesn't seem like it's anywhere over a few months...?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote