AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-10, 17:08   Link #81
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
10 things more, you never know.
__________________
Too much of a good thing is an even greater thing!

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:22.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 17:12   Link #82
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
this thread won't last long...didn't you see the fable thread?
i dont care if it wont last long i just want the opinion of other gamers about this game ^_^
__________________
JaXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 17:22   Link #83
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
10 things more, you never know.
__________________
Too much of a good thing is an even greater thing!

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:22.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 18:23   Link #84
Yuiichi
Retired.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Meh... i couldn't enjoy the Doom 3 experience. Partially because my hardware sucks...

Try playing it on a computer with only 64 mb of video memory and 512 mb of RAM... it sucks... i mean, the doors lag when i open them..

I find that the game has problems (for me) When you first start off, i find myself reloading after every enemy (with the pistol) because you don't get a big enough clip. And the flashlight is really annoying too... because it doesn't light up enough of the room.

They reach mars, yet the don't develop some system of lighting. And don't tell me the demons turned off the lights, because it was still dark when they weren't around!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 19:40   Link #85
Necrodeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands, Maastricht
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Meh... i couldn't enjoy the Doom 3 experience. Partially because my hardware sucks...

Try playing it on a computer with only 64 mb of video memory and 512 mb of RAM... it sucks... i mean, the doors lag when i open them..

I find that the game has problems (for me) When you first start off, i find myself reloading after every enemy (with the pistol) because you don't get a big enough clip. And the flashlight is really annoying too... because it doesn't light up enough of the room.

They reach mars, yet the don't develop some system of lighting. And don't tell me the demons turned off the lights, because it was still dark when they weren't around!
They do have a lighting system, but it's been giving them problems since they first set it up.
This is partly why some people assumed that there must be a roll of ducttape on mars somewhere, so you could tape your flashlight to your shotgun
And so, the ducttape-mod was born

and just a question, how many rounds would you want in a pistol? (I believe it was 7 in doom3 right? I forgot, haven't played in a looong time )
__________________
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 20:30   Link #86
FrostLich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
1) In the future, guns arnt implented with a source of light? Why would they have marines stationed in dark areas of the map when the guns dont have light?

2) Who designed this lab? There are hidden corridors inside hidden corridors. Its like this whole place was made for hide and seek.

3) Why am i the only character that is trained well enough to battle multiple demons while a whole group of marines with better equipment cant kill anything?

4) Why do the creatures stay in one place until they see you? Do they have nothing else better to do?

5) How come they never explained the woman's wisper that said "They took my baby"? For me, that was the freakiest part and i thought they would have a whole story behind it but instead all I see is flying babies everywhere.

I cant beleive this topic was brought up again. I thought the game was disapointing when i was quarter through it and i still think the game was dissappointing after I beat the game. The only enjoyable part of the game was the level hell and the levels after hell.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 21:39   Link #87
CalamitiesEnd
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
1) In the future, guns arnt implented with a source of light? Why would they have marines stationed in dark areas of the map when the guns dont have light?

2) Who designed this lab? There are hidden corridors inside hidden corridors. Its like this whole place was made for hide and seek.

3) Why am i the only character that is trained well enough to battle multiple demons while a whole group of marines with better equipment cant kill anything?

4) Why do the creatures stay in one place until they see you? Do they have nothing else better to do?

5) How come they never explained the woman's wisper that said "They took my baby"? For me, that was the freakiest part and i thought they would have a whole story behind it but instead all I see is flying babies everywhere.

I cant beleive this topic was brought up again. I thought the game was disapointing when i was quarter through it and i still think the game was dissappointing after I beat the game. The only enjoyable part of the game was the level hell and the levels after hell.
Dude its a game get a life. Of course they put hidden stuff everywhere, its a secert lab afterall and its a game. Why they didn't put the flashlight on the weapons you may ask? Its because it forces you to choose between the light or the gun. The choice is to see whats ahead or to protect yourself with the gun. For your point 5, try to play the levels without cheats and noclip and you'll find out

I bet you were scared or startled at one point and if you say you weren't you prpbably turned the grapics to the lowest, switched off the sound and had god mode on. You don't need to act hardcore to be cool you know
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 20:22   Link #88
FrostLich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
Dude its a game get a life. Of course they put hidden stuff everywhere, its a secert lab afterall and its a game. Why they didn't put the flashlight on the weapons you may ask? Its because it forces you to choose between the light or the gun. The choice is to see whats ahead or to protect yourself with the gun. For your point 5, try to play the levels without cheats and noclip and you'll find out

I bet you were scared or startled at one point and if you say you weren't you prpbably turned the grapics to the lowest, switched off the sound and had god mode on. You don't need to act hardcore to be cool you know
I dont know how you assumed that I cheated. I did not cheat in doom 3 since i never cheat unless I am really stuck in a game (not including GTA3). I played on normal mode and there is no point in cheating in normal mode since its pretty easy for people who have played previous fps. As for the woman's whisper, maybe i missed it cuz i dont read the pdas. If its not in the pdas, than maybe i forgot or something, i dont know. Could u tell me? I also dont know how asking questions about the game means i have no life. I was merely pointing out plot holes which many people do. If you mean i have no life because I play games, than i guess thats unavoidable.

I never said i was never scared of the game. In fact i was pretty freaked out in most parts. However if u read my previous posts, you'll notice that I said that the monster pop ups are predictable but still surprising. The only problem I have is that they use the same trick throughout the whole game. I am not trying to act hardcore at alll, I will post my like or dislike of a game if i please.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 21:50   Link #89
Necrodeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands, Maastricht
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
1) In the future, guns arnt implented with a source of light? Why would they have marines stationed in dark areas of the map when the guns dont have light?
Apparently not...This is a stupid question, as no one is capable of looking in the future. To answer it as best as possible while looking at he doom3 environment...I don't think they we're counting on problems with the lighting...

Quote:
2) Who designed this lab? There are hidden corridors inside hidden corridors. Its like this whole place was made for hide and seek.
It's a game...not reality. I think alot of people also forget that doom3 is only a remake of doom1, and not the new half-life 2 opponent or anything. Doom1 and 2 both had hidden corridors inside hidden corridors, it's only logical that a remake will have the same thing.

Quote:
3) Why am i the only character that is trained well enough to battle multiple demons while a whole group of marines with better equipment cant kill anything?
That is because you are the player...Tell me...would it be fun if you could walk through the game, ending it without even once firing your gun because others did all the killing?
Since when do they have better equipment? And I still saw that sergeant dude (whatever he was) killing lot's with his BFG.

Quote:
4) Why do the creatures stay in one place until they see you? Do they have nothing else better to do?
ID software said that they specifically did not insert a good AI, because it would not be necesarry. The occasions that the monsters do nothing if they don't see you are extremely rare. In fact, I don't recall it ever happening to me.

Quote:
5) How come they never explained the woman's wisper that said "They took my baby"? For me, that was the freakiest part and i thought they would have a whole story behind it but instead all I see is flying babies everywhere.
It adds to the scare IMO...you hear something, and it scares you, but you don't know what it was or where it came from. I don't recall flying babies though...Flying heads and half baby half maggot beast thing crawling and leaping are the ones I recall.

the PDA's told a lot of the story and how it all came to happen. It added alot to the game IMO. It did made it a little easier though, as they contained so many keyscodes for the lockers.

The freakiest part in the entire game for me was the first time I entered a bathroom and looked in the mirror...Gave me a good scare.
__________________
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 02:39   Link #90
MwyC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
notice your stamina gets sapped while running and not while jumping?
and the shotgun reloads two shots per inserted shell?
the flashlight is one of the most powerful weapons per hit
grenades are made of superball material
and technically the ammo you pick up for the machinegun is a magazine not a clip
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 05:12   Link #91
Nezumi
Shinigami
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways
Ive never played any Doom games. The pics for Doom3 scared the hell outta me, so I decided not to try it =/
Wimp :P


Anyway, its really awesome man, you should play it y'all should play it. The only side effects would be that you might have a heart attack, tremble in fear and have dreadfull nightmares at night.... NOthing serious thou :P


I hatre people who doesnt think of Doom 3 as a game but just constantly cracks down on whats not real, get it together people, thing befoire ya' write :P
Nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:03   Link #92
FrostLich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath


That is because you are the player...Tell me...would it be fun if you could walk through the game, ending it without even once firing your gun because others did all the killing?
Since when do they have better equipment? And I still saw that sergeant dude (whatever he was) killing lot's with his BFG.


ID software said that they specifically did not insert a good AI, because it would not be necesarry. The occasions that the monsters do nothing if they don't see you are extremely rare. In fact, I don't recall it ever happening to me.
.
Maybe its just me but i kind of enjoy working in a team sort of like Halo. I've always like co-op as opposed to single player mode even if it means my ally is a comp. They overpowered those little sentinals since they can kill everything in its path but I was looking forward to working with the team your trying to find near the beginning part of the game.

I dont know why they dont have AI for the monsters in Doom 3. I thought taht those skeleton things and other monsters strafe around you in Doom 2.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 21:41   Link #93
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I almost fell out of my chair a couple times.....

And there is replay value sorta, just pop it in for multiplayer :P
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 22:09   Link #94
CalamitiesEnd
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
Maybe its just me but i kind of enjoy working in a team sort of like Halo. I've always like co-op as opposed to single player mode even if it means my ally is a comp. They overpowered those little sentinals since they can kill everything in its path but I was looking forward to working with the team your trying to find near the beginning part of the game.

I dont know why they dont have AI for the monsters in Doom 3. I thought taht those skeleton things and other monsters strafe around you in Doom 2.
There is no teamwork in halo. Halo is one of the best run and gun styled games ever created. It is not ment for team play. Its just an extra feature that Microsoft threw into the X-box version. If you want Co-op you have to play the rainbow-six series not halo.
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.