AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-11, 01:21   Link #1021
Rurouni Zeke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Lost World, was that really necessary? And I understand that there are people who want to argue on Sasuke's behalf, but those who don't like him are supposed to be listing the reasons why, not arguing about it. And I'm sure if you were to talk to these people in person, they would be able to put together cohesive sentences. Typos and intelligence level are two different things. Now whether these people would put up a good "argument", I don't know. Whomever said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
that he dared to rename the Raikiri the Chidori because of his arrogance(!!)
--or any of the other stupid stuff that Hunter listed in that post--may be a lost cause, but I'm sure plenty of other people would put up good arguments. There's no need for personal attacks here.
Rurouni Zeke is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 01:50   Link #1022
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Why is it that ALL of the Sasuke fans are prone to throwing insults towards those that have a disliking for their much beloved character and think of themselves as THE most intelligent person to walk the earth since A. Einstein?

Simple, they're all self-centered, egotistic, megalomanics who feel the need to put people's not-so-flattering opinions of Sasuke down, regardless of whether they're well-written, valid, or make no sense at all. They ALL feel that Sasuke is THE SHIT when it comes to the Naruto World, and anyone who says otherwise is automatically labeled as not having 'the gift of intellect' among other insults.

They ALL fail to understand that the liking or disliking of any character in a work of fiction is not so much based on the level of intellect, but rather on the personal taste of the person. I understand that they could concede this point, however, that would mean that their so called high-level of intellect due to their fondness over Sasuke would be rendered invalid.
socomberetta is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 01:56   Link #1023
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Why is it that all of the Sasuke fans are able to type properly, spell correctly, and put up decent arguments, whereas most of the arguers in this thread against Sasuke can't?

Smart people like Sasuke, that's why. Kishimoto's a smart man, and that's why Sasuke's his favorite character. Those of you unable to understand why Sasuke is just so much better than every other character just don't have the gift of intellect on your side. I'm sorry, but from what I've seen in this thread that much is true.
Its funny that you bring up this useless point.

I can honestly tell you from my experiencs in this thread and others, that of all the sasuke supporters you are the one who makes the most brainless and annoying arguements.

You are yet to put up a thought-out arguement to support your views, instead almost all your posts are aimed at insulting people or aggressvely refuting someone else's idea.

Am i flaming? Yes i am.
Why? Because you dont bother to be civil about posts or put any thought into them. Majority of your posts are just flames and thoughtless aggression. And even when you do make a decent argument, you decide to candy wrap it in your vulgarity.

Lets look at your last 10 posts if you dont believe me. Oout of your last 10 posts alone, I can already pick out 6 which show what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
And hey, is killing Naruto such a crime? Cure the world of the stupid, that's what I always say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Heh, I'd rather befriend someone who wasn't loud, obnoxious, and dumb as a fucking brick, but hey thats just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Wow, just wow. So is Sasuke taking a knife to Naruto's back now? From what I saw he challenged him to a fight and told him to the face that he was going to kill him. I didn't see him sneaking up on Naruto. In fact, he didn't even WANT to fight him at first. He Told him to go home, but that stupid nine-tailed brat kept bothering him. B But perhaps you're reading a different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
It's just the fact that people aren't able to read and put aside their inane dislikes for Sasuke because of stupid reasons or him "being a traitor!!?@@!" They act like children, who even after FIVE FUCKING CHAPTERS dedicated to him, still can't understand why Sasuke is the way he is. Sasuke isn't black or white. He's one of the most gray characters I've ever seen, and to me, this makes him infinitely more interesting than Uzumaki Naruto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Ulterior motive? THIS IS BULLSHIT. His one and ONLY goal has always been Itachi. He openly stated to all of them that he will do anything, let any darkness and evil overtake him if he can kill Itachi. You act like he's been hiding this when he's openly told them many times what he's fighting for. Then you act surprised when he finally ACTS ON WHAT HE HAS SAID.
Oh please, bullshit. If you choose to ignore or overlook the story, blame yourself. Don't say Sasuke has an "ulterior motive". He's only ever had ONE MOTIVE.
And lets not forget your most recent one, arguing that only sasuke fans "Type and spell properly" and that they are the smarter than naruto fans who are dumb and that is why kishimoto must like sasuke !!

Last edited by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu; 2004-08-11 at 02:24.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 02:19   Link #1024
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
You are yet to put up a thought-out arguement to support your views, instead every single post you make is simply aimed at insulting people or aggressvely refuting someone else's idea.
.
You need to read this entire thread then, because I, unlike you, didn't come into this thread half-assed and simple. I've been posting since around the 11th, 12th page of this inane and pointless thread. Try to do your research before you carry out your misspelled arguments. When you're looking to put someone in the wrong and make a point, don't just pick out their last 5 threads. That's simple.

It's pretty bad for you when, even in the five threads that you posted, 2 show clear arguments that don't just have "pointless aggression"
Lost World is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 03:14   Link #1025
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Why is it that ALL of the Sasuke fans are prone to throwing insults towards those that have a disliking for their much beloved character and think of themselves as THE most intelligent person to walk the earth since A. Einstein?

Simple, they're all self-centered, egotistic, megalomanics who feel the need to put people's not-so-flattering opinions of Sasuke down, regardless of whether they're well-written, valid, or make no sense at all. They ALL feel that Sasuke is THE SHIT when it comes to the Naruto World, and anyone who says otherwise is automatically labeled as not having 'the gift of intellect' among other insults.

They ALL fail to understand that the liking or disliking of any character in a work of fiction is not so much based on the level of intellect, but rather on the personal taste of the person. I understand that they could concede this point, however, that would mean that their so called high-level of intellect due to their fondness over Sasuke would be rendered invalid.
No no ... you see when dealing with something as complicated as Naruto and deciding weather you like a character or not, you must provide a thesis statement and enough backup evidence to write a phd paper on. Somehow simply not relating to that character is not enough ...
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 03:32   Link #1026
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
*stares blankly at this excessively long thread* Amazing how the longest discussion thread (keyword: discussion) revolves around liking/disliking a character. Without getting caught up in the flame war that is clearly building up, I'll humbly voice my opinions and bow out.

Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke... I tried to find a reason to like him, but I can't. It's not his fault, really. His backstory is excellent, giving him an interesting outlook on life. He's the quiet type, which I generally like in anime and games (Cloud, Auron, Suzuka from Outlaw Star, Jin from Samurai Champloo, etc.), and there's something very Kazuya/Jin about him in terms of appearance. He's also got a skill that can be insanely powerful with time.

Why can't I like him? The materials for an intriguing character are there... but the character itself is incomplete. He feels... plastic. It's like he's the cookie cutter version of a stereotypical protagonist/antagonist (depending on the scenario). And, other than the cookie-cutter aspect of him, what's left on the side isn't much to like.

The problem for me is:

Other than his troubled background, the story makes him out to be too perfect. I don't mean in the sense that no one can beat him (since that's clearly not true), but there's nothing to build around him. Ever since he returned from his training with Kakashi, whenever I see him, I get horrible flashbacks of DBZ. It's too straightforward for me.

He's also the wrong type of arrogant. When he gets an increase in power, he gloats about it in a manner beyond overconfidence. He can be rash (in ways that not even Naruto could be) and it often feels like he thinks he's the only one with a truly noble purpose. It's like a kid playing superhero or vigilante or... something. If I were to analyze him psychologically, that wouldn't be too surprising. I would think that emotionally, his mind would still be where it was the day his family was killed, and the fact that he only lives blindly to seek revenge for that day adds to my perception of him.

Since he suffers from cookie-cutteritis, his drive and reasoning feels as plastic as he does. His words and thoughts seem like they're solely meant to move the story forward. I can't recall a moment with him that was really memorable, whether it involved fighting or just a social encounter. Don't get me wrong; he did have his moments, what with Itachi in the Sannin arc and with Sakura before he leaves Konoha for good, but it was nothing that made me want to look over it again and again. His fight with Gaara in the forest did not move me like Sakura's transformation during the second Chuunin Exam, and his outburst of speed during his fight with Gaara before everything went crazy didn't have me cheering him on like with Lee's dream to prove his nindo.

I was really angry that he decided he would kill Naruto since apparently they were best friends. They have become extremely close as the story has progressed, but you don't just sit there and say. "Hey, since you're here and you're my best friend, I've decided to kill you." That's not exactly an on-the-fly decision to make. It felt like a plot device rather than a character's thoughts.

Being a traitor or not doesn't matter to me. I've liked my fair share of villains and heroes and heroes-turned-villain as well as villains-turned-hero, but the characters are usually intriguing beyond a backstory that's set up for them to be incorporated into a tale. Now, Itachi intrigues me. He kills his entire family, sets up his brother to come and kill him, and then is so polite as to ask Kurenai and Asuma to back down because he doesn't want to kill them. That's an example of a complex mind to unravel. We've hardly seen Itachi and he's a very three-dimensional character. Orochimaru is straightforward (pure evil) and he's a three-dimensional character.

Naruto is a hyperactive idiot with the battle wit of a fox (literally and figuratively) who interacts with people in a heartfelt way and shows that he's taking something from his experiences with others. He, too, is three-dimensional.

Sakura is a talentless girl with no strength who loves Sasuke deeply (both as a twelve-year old and as a person with a maturity rarely seen today in this world) who seems to cling to him probably because she still feels insecure due to her own childhood (she likes Sasuke because she wants someone who is incredibly popular to confirm her own worth... it's plausible, and whether or not it's shallow is up for debate). We've seen her experience revelations and she serves as the tag-along character more so than an actual fighter, but she's three-dimensional.

Sasuke, even with his backstory, talent, and personality is quite one-dimensional. There's something that isn't very human about him, and by that, I mean unreal, unrelatable, etc. I feel sorrow for him in his flashbacks, and I sympathize with his goal, but he just doesn't feel like he was as carefully constructed as everyone else. His line about his dream being in the past and nowhere else was deep and powerful, and the flashback further fueled my desire to try to connect with him, but after his epiphany to kill Naruto out of the blue, I couldn't. His very character ends up being a contrived plot device.

I don't understand how he can run off to Orochimaru and assume that he'll be able to kill Itachi. He most certainly won't be able to for three years, and there's no indication that he will be in control of his own body when he accomplishes his dream, if Orochi allows him to achieve that dream at all. Even though he's willing to sell his soul for his dream, he's not thinking things through as clearly as he should.

I've given my thoughts as to why I don't like Sasuke. If you like Sasuke for whatever reason, I have no problem with that. I don't feel obligated to insult anyone because they disagree, and I hope the same courtesy is bestowed upon me.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 03:36   Link #1027
upncoming88
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
No no ... you see when dealing with something as complicated as Naruto and deciding weather you like a character or not, you must provide a thesis statement and enough backup evidence to write a phd paper on. Somehow simply not relating to that character is not enough ...
hehe nice.

Quote:
You need to read this entire thread then, because I, unlike you, didn't come into this thread half-assed and simple. I've been posting since around the 11th, 12th page of this inane and pointless thread. Try to do your research before you carry out your misspelled arguments. When you're looking to put someone in the wrong and make a point, don't just pick out their last 5 threads. That's simple.
If you're so tired of reading and posting in this particular thread, why dont you just stop? It's not like someone is holding a gun to to your head and making you read and respond to these posts. And I think the point Wolf was trying to make was that there is no need for profanity and pointless insults at people. If you can't make a simple response without flaming someone or sputtering profanity, then you have a problem (ie. you need to grow up).
upncoming88 is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 03:56   Link #1028
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
No no ... you see when dealing with something as complicated as Naruto and deciding weather you like a character or not, you must provide a thesis statement and enough backup evidence to write a phd paper on. Somehow simply not relating to that character is not enough ...
Oh geez, with my current level of intellect, Im afraid I dont have what it takes to write a compelling thesis statement, let alone word my argument so that it'll be of
Phd status...

Looks like Im going to have to deal with the fact that I don't have the smarts to understand the complicated world of Naruto...Im so ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
I've given my thoughts as to why I don't like Sasuke. If you like Sasuke for whatever reason, I have no problem with that. I don't feel obligated to insult anyone because they disagree, and I hope the same courtesy is bestowed upon me.
You know, Ive never thought of Sasuke as just one-dimensional, yet you put up some good arguments as to why he would look that way to some.
Thanks for the new perspective.
socomberetta is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 04:12   Link #1029
sheen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
fieryshadowcard, watch your share of spoilers.

How is any of you helping the "war" that you're supposedly trying to prevent by adding fuel to a fire? Claiming that people throw insults around so lightly, yet jumping into it while hiding behind such noble causes like playing middle power.

If you don't like what you're seeing. Report the post, bad rip the guy, send private flaming threats and let the damn thread die already.
sheen is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 04:21   Link #1030
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
fieryshadowcard, watch your share of spoilers.

How is any of you helping the "war" that you're supposedly trying to prevent by adding fuel to a fire? Claiming that people throw insults around so lightly, yet jumping into it while hiding behind such noble causes like playing middle power.

If you don't like what you're seeing. Report the post, bad rip the guy, send private flaming threats and let the damn thread die already.
Heh... sorry about the spoilers. I just thought since this isn't specifically a manga/anime thread that it wouldn't be too much of a problem... and besides that, I really don't throw out many spoilers, so I've never had to use the spoiler tags... aka, I don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

I wasn't trying to play middle power. I seriously just wanted to state my thoughts (just to say that I did) and move on. This thread stares me in the face every time I look through this forum and I just wanted to get my own opinion out just for the heck of it. But yeah... this thread's about 600 posts too many (this one included). I've got a feeling there's only about 400 members who have contributed their opinion here, and the rest is heated arguing and (if possible) bloodshed.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 04:39   Link #1031
sheen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Heh... sorry about the spoilers. I just thought since this isn't specifically a manga/anime thread that it wouldn't be too much of a problem... and besides that, I really don't throw out many spoilers, so I've never had to use the spoiler tags... aka, I don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

I wasn't trying to play middle power. I seriously just wanted to state my thoughts (just to say that I did) and move on. This thread stares me in the face every time I look through this forum and I just wanted to get my own opinion out just for the heck of it. But yeah... this thread's about 600 posts too many (this one included). I've got a feeling there's only about 400 members who have contributed their opinion here, and the rest is heated arguing and (if possible) bloodshed.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
All threads that don't have a tag marked with spoilers or mangas, you must use spoiler tags. Those who are patient are only watching the anime ^^ [ SPOILER ] text here without the spaces between the brackets [ /SPOILER ]

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you were the one playing noble or anything. Anyways, your post is what I would call an opinion (not implying the length of it in any means) rather thoughtless nonsense that bears the term 'opinion' because of a thing that is much abused, known as "freedom of speech."
sheen is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 04:47   Link #1032
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
fieryshadowcard, watch your share of spoilers.

How is any of you helping the "war" that you're supposedly trying to prevent by adding fuel to a fire? Claiming that people throw insults around so lightly, yet jumping into it while hiding behind such noble causes like playing middle power.

If you don't like what you're seeing. Report the post, bad rip the guy, send private flaming threats and let the damn thread die already.
If youre adressing me, then Im in no way trying to prevent any 'war'. My recent posts were meant as an hopefully humorous aside to Lost World's blatant flaming of other people. Although, there are a couple of hints that they were focused on him...

Should I have reported him for flaming, perhaps, but I wanted to have a little fun at his expense so I chose to 'add fuel to the fire' so to speak. Especially after this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Why is it that all of the Sasuke fans are able to type properly, spell correctly, and put up decent arguments, whereas most of the arguers in this thread against Sasuke can't?

Smart people like Sasuke, that's why. Kishimoto's a smart man, and that's why Sasuke's his favorite character. Those of you unable to understand why Sasuke is just so much better than every other character just don't have the gift of intellect on your side. I'm sorry, but from what I've seen in this thread that much is true.
Believe me there was nothing noble about my posts, just my attempt at having some fun.
socomberetta is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 05:25   Link #1033
Cort
What???
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Sasuke is kind of hot...
Cort is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 06:39   Link #1034
kaizoku_65
Kaizoku + Shinobi
 
Join Date: May 2004
Its amazing how some pple can become such dick-heads over something that was supposed to be a simple question, 'How can you not like Sasuke?'. Its either you like sasuke or you don't, same with Naruto, personally, i prefer Naruto. But to actually start flaming eachother is purely wrong, just wrong.
kaizoku_65 is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 10:05   Link #1035
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Hmmm, how can I not like Sasuke? It's pretty easy to dislike Sasuke because of how arrogant, selfish, and stubborn he is. However, being impressed by Sasuke is a different story. The current stopping point at the manga chapter has impressed me in regards to Sasuke's character. Throughout the entire anime of Naruto, I have always thought of Sasuke as not working as hard as he should to get to the level of Itachi. I started the manga after watching episode 67 of the anime, because when Sasuke came to kick Gaara's ass, I was impressed. Naturally, the anime and the manga of any story is somewhat different, with the manga being somewhat gory. So I thought that maybe the anime didn't catch Sasuke as well as the manga did. So after reading the manga, it pretty much was the same, but as time progress and we get to the current chapter, I am still no fan of Sasuke, but I respect his skills. When you rank Sasuke with all of the other main genin in this story, he is up there, probably like #3, with Neji and Rock Lee being numbers 1 and 2. Naruto is still lower than Sasuke IMO. Naruto is one of my favorite also (Shino is my favorite: Shino = no airtime), but it pisses me off to see him not polished off in taijutsu. Sometimes I think he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, but that same line of thinking causes me to be impressed when he does something smart like the end of last week's anime episode. As far as it goes with who's smarter, I honestly don't know. Naruto has his high points, Sasuke has his. But they also have their lows. I don't even think Sasuke would have been able to come up with digging in the dirt with a clone posing as knocked out to sneak attack Neji in the Chunnin Finals. Sasuke is a pretty boy fighter anyway, so digging in the dirt would be out of the question for him.
tramadrama is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 10:10   Link #1036
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
[...]many replies basically are like omg your just a sasuke hater making up reasons, also your a naruto fan so you hate sasuke, and general lack of belief that anyone has a legitimate reason for not liking sasuke

this imo is just sasuke fanboydom.
And that represents like I said maybe 3 or 4 people on the whole thread.

Quote:
if anyone read my post ahead and figured i was talking bout you, hey i mentioned no names, so IMO you have secret fears that you are a closet sasuke fanboy.
If you never thought i was talking bout you then kudos
?
Did I give you the impression that I thought that I take your post personally?
You were talking about people defending (it's not really the appropriate term btw but whatever) Sasuke in general as a whole in this thread.
Which is why I said that was a bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest
Someone stated earlier that Sasuke and the Uchiha are the backbone of the story. I think otherwise.

Some people simply fail to recognize the simple logic that the most probably reason that Sasuke and his background are getting alot of current limelight, is because the author needs to clear it out of the way to set up for origins behind Naruto's history.
Well you're wrong, it's a simple fact, this 'current limelight last since the chapter 2 from the chapter 226, since the verry beginning it's about the Sharingan/Uchiha (don't misunderstand me, it's not only about that), the Main bad guy Darth Oro wants it, the 2nd main bad guy is Uchiha Itachi, the twisted brother of the twisted to be 2nd main character Uchiha Sasuke who worked with the hero under the command of Kakashi, member honoris causa of the Uchiha, etc.

Now it's perfectly possible that Kishimoto decide to open the spotlight on Naruto's past etc. but it will happens along with all the Uchiha thingy except if Kishimoto whipe off Kakashi and his past, Oro and his wish, Sasuke and his vengeance, without forgetting the little Itachi part of the Akatsuki, the group after the Kyubi.
Differently speaking more than very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
i see that this thread is turning into a rapid dog battle between naruto and sasuke lovers. then again maybe thats where it started.
Yes, that's mostly where it started.

Quote:
Heh seriously some of you cant be real, the level of foaming mouth swimfan stalker mentality cant be real. Hmm i m starting to think this thread was created for the amusement of people to laugh at sasuke/naruto stalkers.
Not only it's the case, but I can assure you that this thread becomes better and better these last pages.
It's not for nothing that this 'discussion' is called the cursed thread
Hunter is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 10:37   Link #1037
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
How can you say Naruto has more character than Sasuke? How in the WORLD can you say Sakura has more character than Sasuke?

Naruto- A basic boy manga lead. He is a head strong, loud mouth, airhead loser. He has the basic sad past, the "Everyone hates me." past, which has been done to death. His temperment is flawless. He can be whatever he needs to be at the right monment EVERYTIME. One moment he's a loser, then he's an unstoppable winner. He's dumb, then he's smart. He's loud then humble. He's like that old Batman TV show, Batman needs a spray to beat a shark, well, he happens to have his shark spray on him. This is Naruto's only real character problem for me, he always wins. He always does the right thing, he never makes real mistakes. He should have lots more depth to him, but he just isn't human. To every problem he faces, he never choses the wrong choice. Sasuke is much more human. He's had a sad past, and though he tries to hide his pain it shows. He's still bitter, like anyone would be knowing the man who kill his family is still free. He doesn't always win, he doesn't always make the right choices. I can believe Sasuke's character.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 12:24   Link #1038
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
How can you say Naruto has more character than Sasuke? How in the WORLD can you say Sakura has more character than Sasuke?

Naruto- A basic boy manga lead. He is a head strong, loud mouth, airhead loser. He has the basic sad past, the "Everyone hates me." past, which has been done to death. His temperment is flawless. He can be whatever he needs to be at the right monment EVERYTIME. One moment he's a loser, then he's an unstoppable winner. He's dumb, then he's smart. He's loud then humble. He's like that old Batman TV show, Batman needs a spray to beat a shark, well, he happens to have his shark spray on him. This is Naruto's only real character problem for me, he always wins. He always does the right thing, he never makes real mistakes. He should have lots more depth to him, but he just isn't human. To every problem he faces, he never choses the wrong choice. Sasuke is much more human. He's had a sad past, and though he tries to hide his pain it shows. He's still bitter, like anyone would be knowing the man who kill his family is still free. He doesn't always win, he doesn't always make the right choices. I can believe Sasuke's character.
Could you please give one anime where the main character doesn't have any parents, is hated by just about every single person in their village or town, and spends 12 years of their life as a complete loser in the hell of no one acknowledging your existence in a positive way.

But I guess your right about Naruto always winning, like the time he won against the Demon Brothers, or how about when he defeated Orochimaru in the forest of death, or that time with Tsunade, or his completely one-sided victory against Kabuto.

Also, there has been countless animes with the character with a past of someone murdering all of their love ones and wishing to get revenge, like Kurapica for anyone who ever watches or reads the Hunter X Hunter anime or manga with the fact that character cares more about his friends instead of only thinking about revenge all the time.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2004-08-11 at 12:44.
neodrag38 is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 12:40   Link #1039
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Sasuke is much more human. He's had a sad past, and though he tries to hide his pain it shows. He's still bitter, like anyone would be knowing the man who kill his family is still free. He doesn't always win, he doesn't always make the right choices. I can believe Sasuke's character.
Hmmm let's see

Quote:
Naruto is much more human. He's had a sad past, and though he tries to hide his pain it shows. He's still bitter, like anyone would be knowing the beast who kill many in his village is inside him. He doesn't always win, he doesn't always make the right choices. I can believe Naruto's character.

"I can believe Sasuke's character." - wuhohz ... there it is.

Is it possible that maybe and, please feel free to tell me if this is too outrageous, that someone else might find Naruto to have more character, because THEY find more life in him?


In the same way I can just as easily make a quick list, in the same format as yours, of reasons to show how Sasuke would have less character.

Quote:
A basic boy rival lead. He is a head strong, selfcentered, cocky 'cool guy'. He has the basic sad past, the "Noone understands me." past, which has been done to death. His temperment is flawless. He can be whatever he needs to be at the right monment EVERYTIME. One moment he seems to loose, then he's an unstoppable prodige. He seems outmatched, then he has trick up his sleeve. He's quiet then speaks when he needs the right insult. This is Sasuke's only real character problem for me, he never really looses his 'cool'. He always does the right thing, but makes the huge important mistakes. He should have lots more depth to him, but he just isn't human. To every problem he faces, he never choses the wrong choice, until it REALLY matters.
Example of what someone might say about Sasuke ^


It all winds down to the flaws you conviniently forget about your character to show how much more the other one sucks because you simply don't like the other's character traits.
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 12:50   Link #1040
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Could you please give one anime where the main character doesn't have any parents, is hated by just about every single person in their village or town, and spends 12 years of their life as a complete loser in the hell of no one acknowledging your existence in a positive way.

But I guess your right about Naruto always winning, like the time he won against the Demon Brothers, or high about when he defeated Orochimaru, or that time with Tsunade, or his completely one-sided victory against Kabuto.

Also, there has been countless animes with the character with a past of someone murdering all of their love ones and wishing to get revenge, like Kurapica for anyone who ever watches or reads the Hunter X Hunter anime or manga with the fact that character cares more about his friends instead of only thinking about revenge all the time.
I take you just don't watch much anime, do you? It doesn't have to be a carbon copy to have the same BASIC story. Geez, Poke'Mon is dang close to Naruto. The lead boy had no father, the people saw him as the loser compared to his rival. He's head strong, loud and an airhead. He tells everyone he will become the "greatest Poke'Mon trainer ever" just like how Naruto says he'll become the "greatest Hokage EVER." It's scary how much they are alike. Look at Flames of Recca, Recca can be very close to Naruto. Look at Gon from Hunter x Hunter. Look at Haru from Rave, I could go on and on. I'm not saying Naruto is a carbon copy, but to say Sasuke is a clone and somehow Naruto isn't is just wrong. I like Naruto, I think he is a good character. The only problem I have with him is his flawlessness. Those battles, if you can even call then that, weren't REAL fights. Plus, you could only name 3, how many battles has he been in? Naruto with Oro, he didn't beat Oro, but he did defeat the snake. Naruto never loses his fights. How many fights have Sasuke lost, and even admited he could not beat someone? Sasuke has more of a human side. He's not perfect, he doesn't ALWAYS get the perfect ending like Naruto. Naruto should have a human side, he should lose, but he doesn't.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 2004-08-11 at 13:04.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.