AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-11, 15:34   Link #1061
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Well made character or not is up to opinion. But anyway, that's just my reason for not liking Sasuke, because well-made character or not, he is still an ass. -_-
The fact that you have some sort of sick hate for a fictional character is a testament to him being a well-made character.
Lost World is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 15:38   Link #1062
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
not liking
=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
sick hate

Yes you must be right. Let's all blow things out of proportion to be cool
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 15:42   Link #1063
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
=



Yes you must be right. Let's all blow things out of proportion to be cool
lol... just.. lol
VMLM3 is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 16:47   Link #1064
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
The chapter he got to himself wasn't clear enough to you? Or how about the fact that he outshined both Naruto & Sakura at first?
First of all, why are you going on about this when in the very post you quoted I said it's not an important point? Did you even read that post? I said when Sasuke was introduced there was nothing that said he had to become the second main character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him being introduced with a chapter of his own. And (news flash!) being a good ninja doesn't elevate you to main character status.
Shadamehr is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 16:59   Link #1065
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
First of all, why are you going on about this when in the very post you quoted I said it's not an important point? Did you even read that post? I said when Sasuke was introduced there was nothing that said he had to become the second main character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him being introduced with a chapter of his own. And (news flash!) being a good ninja doesn't elevate you to main character status.
If it wasn't an important point, then you shouldn't have kept bringing it up. You seem to have some insane hatred because Kishimoto likes Sasuke. You mention it in every post, and you kept posting that damn Tekken reference over and over because you think he's "stealing other character's cool stuff"

And does the chapter "Enter Sasuke" ring a bell? YES he had a chapter of his own in the very first book! Pay attention and REMEMBER things and maybe you'll be able to make a valid argument one day.
Lost World is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 18:50   Link #1066
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
First of all, why are you going on about this when in the very post you quoted I said it's not an important point? Did you even read that post? I said when Sasuke was introduced there was nothing that said he had to become the second main character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him being introduced with a chapter of his own. And (news flash!) being a good ninja doesn't elevate you to main character status.

Shadamehr do you have any idea what you are saying? The show may be called Naruto but it's two people who share the spotlight, Naruto and Sasuke, hell during the begining and current chapters i thought this series was called Sasuke, instead of Naruto. Naruto and Sasuke are the two main characters of this series believe it or not. They should make an spinoff for Sasuke and the Uchiha clan, so it can pissed off more the Naruto fanboys.
__________________
Sasuke:"My dreams are not in the future"
"My dreams are in the past... and nowhere else"
Last of the Uchiha is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 19:07   Link #1067
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Shadamehr do you have any idea what you are saying? The show may be called Naruto but it's two people who share the spotlight, Naruto and Sasuke, hell during the begining and current chapters i thought this series was called Sasuke, instead of Naruto. Naruto and Sasuke are the two main characters of this series believe it or not. They should make an spinoff for Sasuke and the Uchiha clan, so it can pissed off more the Naruto fanboys.
*blinks* A spinoff with three (soon to be two... maybe one) people at best? I'd much rather see something dealing with the Sand-nins or Shikamaru (Temashika if I'm lucky), but hey, to each his own. ^_^

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 19:48   Link #1068
Rurouni Zeke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
They should make an spinoff for Sasuke and the Uchiha clan, so it can pissed off more the Naruto fanboys.
Couldn't the Naruto fanboys just choose not to read it?
__________________
Message-board-post no jutsu!!!!
Rurouni Zeke is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 19:59   Link #1069
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke
Couldn't the Naruto fanboys just choose not to read it?

I meant it in term of popularity, as Sasuke is as famous as Naruto, or should i say infamous. Go check in any forum and you will find 75% of those threads are about Sasuke. But you are right, the Naruto fanboys wouldn't read it, as they don't read anything that is about Sasuke, that's why they don't understand the character and say stupid things to discredit him and his clan.
__________________
Sasuke:"My dreams are not in the future"
"My dreams are in the past... and nowhere else"
Last of the Uchiha is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 20:53   Link #1070
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
I meant it in term of popularity, as Sasuke is as famous as Naruto, or should i say infamous. Go check in any forum and you will find 75% of those threads are about Sasuke. But you are right, the Naruto fanboys wouldn't read it, as they don't read anything that is about Sasuke, that's why they don't understand the character and say stupid things to discredit him and his clan.
Ain't that the truth.
Lost World is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:09   Link #1071
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
I meant it in term of popularity, as Sasuke is as famous as Naruto, or should i say infamous. Go check in any forum and you will find 75% of those threads are about Sasuke. But you are right, the Naruto fanboys wouldn't read it, as they don't read anything that is about Sasuke, that's why they don't understand the character and say stupid things to discredit him and his clan.
So how is that any worse or different from the Sasuke fanboys not understanding Naruto and saying stupid things to discredit him and his story?

And honestly Sasuke fanboys tend to take it to a new level where they insult the person who hates Sasuke(it's not even about the character anymore) ... hmmm I wonder why *cough*IwishIwasSasuke*cough* ...


Instead of sitting here and whining about people hating Sasuke grow some sack and make a "How can you not like Naruto?" thread and bash him there. You just sit around in this thread and wait for someone to hate Sasuke for a stupid reason to pounce on them. Why?
It's like they just insulted your mother. Then you blame them for taking it to an extreme.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:13   Link #1072
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
From what I've seen in any Naruto forum, the majority of threads are "why [so-and-so] is so great" or "blank vs. blank", and while it's true Sasuke threads dominate any forum you go to, most Sasuke threads still follow this trend, and within those threads burn flames brighter than any fire jutsu the Uchiha clan has ever developed (taking earlier posts in this very thread into account). Besides, Sasuke fans do just as much slashing and tearing as Naruto fans, or any other fans to be exact. Why such hostility over something as purely subjective as opinion... scientists probably won't have the answer until 2153. Everyone seems so uptight and in a mood to take offense because someone doesn't like their favorite character. God forbid someone makes a comment about someone else's mother in these forums. *sighs*

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:14   Link #1073
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
So how is that any worse or different from the Sasuke fanboys not understanding Naruto and saying stupid things to discredit him and his story?

And honestly Sasuke fanboys tend to take it to a new level where they insult the person who hates Sasuke ... hmmm I wonder why *cough*IwishIwasSasuke*cough* ...


Instead of sitting here and whining about people hating Sasuke grow some sack and make a "How can you not like Naruto?" thread and bash him there. You just sit around in this thread and wait for someone to hate Sasuke for a stupid reason to pounce on them. Why?
It's like they just insulted your mother. Then you blame them for taking it to an extreme.
Um, yes. Let's count up the half-wit, misspelled, Sasuke bashing responses in this thread and compare them to the half-wit, misspelled Naruto bashing responses and just see who "takes it to a new level where they insult other fans". Go on. Hell, do it from the beginning of this week, because I know I've seen at least three in the past day.

And no one gives a damn about Naruto. That's why he, the main character, doesn't even have his own discussion thread. He's just there, like a tick that you can't get rid of. I'm sure even Kishimoto himself would like to, but he made the mistake of making him the main character.
Lost World is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:19   Link #1074
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Heh that last response was very biased and really... wait I guess it was probably extreme sarcasm.

Does anyone happen to know what the character/jutsu ranking on Chapter 199 of the manga say? It's in Japanese so I can't make out a lot of it.

I'm wondering what Sasuke got.
UserName is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:31   Link #1075
yinstro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Um, yes. Let's count up the half-wit, misspelled, Sasuke bashing responses in this thread and compare them to the half-wit, misspelled Naruto bashing responses and just see who "takes it to a new level where they insult other fans". Go on. Hell, do it from the beginning of this week, because I know I've seen at least three in the past day.

And no one gives a damn about Naruto. That's why he, the main character, doesn't even have his own discussion thread. He's just there, like a tick that you can't get rid of. I'm sure even Kishimoto himself would like to, but he made the mistake of making him the main character.

heh i cant hold it back any more, for the last 5? 6? pages a great portion of the half wit responses has come from you. Seriously you must be trying very hard to sound like an complete sasuke stalker. You smell of eminem's Stan. DUDE FORGET NARUTO, you hate him O K. why can you not stop talking of naruto? this a sasuke thread. Your level of sasuke stalkeritis is seriously scary man.

If sasuke ever saw you i would hope for his sake that he never drops any soap around you...
yinstro is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:36   Link #1076
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Does anyone happen to know what the character/jutsu ranking on Chapter 199 of the manga say? It's in Japanese so I can't make out a lot of it.

I'm wondering what Sasuke got.
Sasuke get the 3rd place after Naruto (1st of course) and Kakashi.

For the jutsu, the first place is the Rasengan, the 2nd is the Raikiri, the 3rd is the Chidori.
Hunter is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:38   Link #1077
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
And no one gives a damn about Naruto.
Way to back this fact presentation with evidence.

Quote:
That's why he, the main character, doesn't even have his own discussion thread.
That's because he doesn't need one. He has this habit of showing up in practically every discussion ... and you know what I think? I think that is why you despise him("He's just there, like a tick that you can't get rid of.") ...

Quote:
I'm sure even Kishimoto himself would like to, but he made the mistake of making him the main character.
oh you're SURE ... as in 100% ... as in you talked to Kishimoto and that's what he told you and you're not just weaving some story based off an interview where he says "Sasuke in my fav character".



Edit: about the rep comment ... there is nothing to wonder about ... the reason you don't like me is because unlike some one of the Naruto fans I will take my time to point out the simingly untouchable bullshit you spew. It irritates you that someone will actually argue your points and you have no reply for it. You can't even cling to your backup arguement of "you can't spell"
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-08-11 at 23:36.
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:43   Link #1078
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Does anyone happen to know what the character/jutsu ranking on Chapter 199 of the manga say? It's in Japanese so I can't make out a lot of it.
Naruto was 1st with 7689 votes. Kakashi was 2nd with 6560 votes. Sasuke was 3rd with 4843 votes. Shikamaru was 4th with 4700 votes.
__________________
nh1 is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:43   Link #1079
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Wit to bash someone or something... I wasn't under the impression that wit was a requirement for such a thing. Bias, racism, prejudice, religious intolerance, sexism... yeah, intellect sure matters there.

It's very silly to see people ready to kill each other over a simple difference of opinion in a series. If I were to replace "How Can You Not Like Sasuke?" with something like "How Can You Not Like Britney Spears?" the same thing that happened in this thread would take place, only with different names, different points, and different divisions of groups (ie. Spears vs Aguilera; Pop vs. Everything Else; Deep vs. Shallow; you name it).

In looking over various arguments, nothing has been proven except that some people like Sasuke, other people don't, and everyone who was foolish enough to get defensive has been slinging around insults for no apparent reason when the ultimate truth is that no one is inclined or obligated to agree with anyone else.

Why don't the heated threads involve the nature of certain jutsus or the future of this series (in ways that don't get dragged into another "why this character owns" thread)? Why does the most popular discussion thread involve something as trivial and shallow as "This character is cool and if you disagree then you're an idiot"?

As a writer who grits his teeth at poor grammar and spelling, I can clearly say that writing is a skill and not a measure of intellect.

Everyone should just take a deep breath, calm down, and bow out. I'm sure Sasuke won't be too disappointed if his fans have not convinced everyone who watches the series that he should be a favorite. Last time I checked, in accordance with his personality, even if, by some strange stretch of the imagination, the door to Animeland was somehow opened and he could read this thread, he wouldn't care anyway.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline  
Old 2004-08-11, 21:58   Link #1080
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
heh i cant hold it back any more, for the last 5? 6? pages a great portion of the half wit responses has come from you. Seriously you must be trying very hard to sound like an complete sasuke stalker. You smell of eminem's Stan. DUDE FORGET NARUTO, you hate him O K. why can you not stop talking of naruto? this a sasuke thread. Your level of sasuke stalkeritis is seriously scary man.

If sasuke ever saw you i would hope for his sake that he never drops any soap around you...
Seriously, you could try to type with correct grammar and punctuation. Just give it a try...it won't hurt.
Lost World is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.