AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-06, 22:01   Link #1
Entropy
Flame warrior

Rick James is Dead!!

Now who will Dave Chappelle make fun of!!??
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 22:12   Link #2
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy

I swear i seen this thread some where else.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 22:33   Link #3
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
R.I.P

he will be missed
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:56   Link #4
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
no more super freaks....
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:57   Link #5
xavier8200

Well, there goes the movie that they planned on doing (Chappelle and James)
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 06:38   Link #6
Ending

Quote:
Although he'd been sober since 1996, James' lifestyle seemed to be catching up to him in 1998, when he suffered a stroke while performing in what he had hoped would be a comeback tour. That setback came after he had hip-replacement surgery early that year.
Obviously the fellow was expecting this to come, having taken drugs for almost 20 years.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:15   Link #7
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

I'M DEAD JAMES, BITCH!

Now maybe that whole stupid joke will finally die.

--Cless
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:32   Link #8
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Who the hell is Rick James??
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:51   Link #9
Token-Blackguy
Pimptastic McNasty

Send a message via AIM to Token-Blackguy
WHO IS RICK JAMES! Okay...simple ezplination. Rick jams was an onld funk/r&b produger, singer,songwriter who also played a mean bass. He was one of like, 8 children and joined the navy reserve. he desserted to canada to start his music career. He wrote "Superfreak" and also wrote "cant touch this" and "17" among other songs. Is is widely regarded as one of the best funk artists ever.
Token-Blackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:53   Link #10
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:19.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 11:05   Link #11
4F0ur

mods please close these threads

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 21:38   Link #12
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Its so sad, he just performed at the BET music awards a few weeks ago and he looked pretty healthy (I'am starting and the Rick James Conspiracy theory). Rick James being one of the greatest musical pioneers of the 1980's decade recently annouced plans to reinvent himself in the world of R&B however just a few weeks later he's died of natural causes at the mere age of just 56, I think the government teaming up with other shadowy figures in hollywood got together and plotted a suttle way to prevent The legendary "Super Freak" from once again claiming his place as the king of R&B. Rick James I salute you and will soon be startinga Rick James petition to have his so called naturally caused death investigated. This is not the end but only the beggining. First we lost BB white, then Luthor Vandrose has a stroke, now this happens, who's next Ruben with a heart attack. We need to do something to prevent this chatostrophic chain of evens from proceeding any further.

Last edited by ff7799; 2004-08-07 at 22:41.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 22:06   Link #13
Psi

Aw, man...... Rick James....... ;_;
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 22:38   Link #14
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
I guess all that cocaine, crack, and what ever the hell else he used to do all the time finally caught up to him. Kinda scary though since my dad is the same age as him, but my pops never did all those drugs like Rick James.

R.I.P. Rick James

and as Dave Chapelle would put it

IM RICK JAMES BITCH !!!~!~!111
Old 2004-08-08, 02:31   Link #15
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrii
mods please close these threads
Obviously you haven't spent much time on the Naruto discussion forums; this thread looks like a consortium of scholars assembled for the dissemination of vital information when compared to other threads.

Personally I donít see the problem here.

Poor Rick James!
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 04:46   Link #16
midnightsun337

I've seen this all over various message boards. He will be missed. "I'm Rick james B*tch" will never be the same.
midnightsun337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 08:19   Link #17
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Dead or alive, I don't see that this guy was on his way to becoming "King of R&B" etc. He sold some records, but there was tons of better funk, especially in his day.
Old 2004-08-08, 08:28   Link #18
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Rest In Peace, Rick James.

I guess cocaine was a helluva drug.
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 22:42   Link #19
junko
model bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Rick James being one of the greatest musical pioneers of the 1980's decade recently annouced plans to reinvent himself in the world of R&B. However just a few weeks later he's dead of natural causes at the mere age of 56. I think the government is teaming up with other shadowy figures in hollywood and plotted a subtle way to prevent The legendary "Super Freak" from once again claiming his place as the king of R&B. Rick James I salute you and will soon be starting a Rick James petition to have his so-called naturally caused death investigated. This is not the end but only the beggining. First we lost BB white, then Luthor Vandrose has a stroke, now this happens. Who's next, Ruben with a heart attack? We need to do something to prevent this catostrophic chain of evens from proceeding any further.
You're joking, right? I mean . . . you're joking, right? The only thing he's remembered for is "SuperFreak", and his preference for young girls. If your conspiracy theory is right, and the government is systematically killing off prominent black figures, they would've started with James Brown. Or George Clinton. Or hell, that guy, the preacher, who's into holy rollin'? Hell if I can remember his name, but he's based out of Dallas, Texas. I think. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Rick James was never the king of R&B, and even if he were still alive and had money and a new wig, he never would be.

And, yes, I edited your post for spelling and grammar. What can I say? I'm a freak.

thanks, PriestessKikyo, for the sig!
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 04:53   Link #20
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
You're joking, right? I mean . . . you're joking, right? The only thing he's remembered for is "SuperFreak", and his preference for young girls.
You're joking, right? Rick James did a lot more then just "Superfreak", songs like "17", "Give it to me baby" and "Mary Jane" are still played over and over, and thats just a few of his songs. He was undoubtedly one of the Kings of Funk, along with George Clinton, James Brown and a few others, he also coined the term punk funk, which he most defintely king of. He was an inspiration for hundreds of hip-hop, R&B and music artists in general, hell the tune of Superfreak was used for MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This".

He may be just be a one-hit wonder to you, but to people who actually listen to the music, he was a lot more then a song, and funny Chappelle skit.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote