AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-28, 01:15   Link #61
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
Just out of curiosity, what kind of people are watching this show?
People who love anime, I guess. I watch all kinds (genres) of anime I mean all kinds... If I haven't seen it, I'll watch it sooner or later. I'm currently watching this shows:

Ai Baby
Bakuten
DearS
Gantz s2
Girls Bravo
Elfen Lied
Godannar s2
Initial D 4th
Kyou Kara Maou
Marimite Haru
Naruto
Prince of Tennis
Samurai 7
S Champloo
Shinobuden
TenTen

See how broad my genre list. I haven't seen the latest eps of most of the so they just keep piling up in my HDD. Action to yuri, I'll watch them if they're intersting enough...
Old 2004-09-28, 13:18   Link #62
7thMethuselah

I'm into slow, calm anime's, mostly shoujo or slice-of-life,I am pretty fond of schoolkids/romance stuff as well. Some series I really liked are To Heart, Kanon, Da Capo, Kiminozo etc

Apart from that I really love adventure anime like Chrno Crusade, FMPanic, FMA, Wolfs Rain, basically anime with a good story.

But I watch pretty much everything (or at least i give it a try)

Currently watching : fafner, Aishiteru ze baby, Bakuten, FMA, GitS, Maritime, Naruto, Melody of Oblivion, Champloo and Tenjoo Tenge

Currently reading (manga) : Alice 19th, GTO, Ai Yori Aoshi, Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou

Old 2004-09-28, 20:08   Link #63
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
See sig

I'll admit, I was intrigued by this show because it was supposed to have teh 13zb!4nz, but this is a very beautiful show, and I don't even think about the shoujo-ai aspect anymore, it's has grown on me and even the little things make me so happy (like the Noriko/Shimako scenes). I've steadily grown out of the fanservicy aspect of anime, and look for much more...but I still like teh babes
Old 2004-09-28, 20:28   Link #64
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Heh, so many people are replying to this and interested in this question that it could be the subject for a thread in itself

When I first started watching Marimite, I had no idea it was supposed to be shoujo-ai. And I still had no idea until the Sei ep with that girl from the past. But I didn't really mind that aspect of it, as it fit the overall tone and mood of the show.
Interestingly enough, when I started watching it I thought it was a really girly show, and that only girls would like it. But from forums like this I'm surprised to note that the majority of Marimite fans are apparently male... The only explanation I can give is that males were drawn to it in the first place from hearing about the shoujo-ai factor though like others have stated that's only a minor factor; it's not a dominant, major theme in the series.
But really, the show is quite unique, I've never seen anything like it. And so are the people watching it I guess ^^
Old 2004-09-29, 07:22   Link #65
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
When I first started watching Marimite, I had no idea it was supposed to be shoujo-ai. And I still had no idea until the Sei ep with that girl from the past. But I didn't really mind that aspect of it, as it fit the overall tone and mood of the show.
Interestingly enough, when I started watching it I thought it was a really girly show, and that only girls would like it.
Yeah, me too, I didn't know anything about it, I took the file "just to try", and I really loved it, because of the atmosphere, the nice art and also, because I liked the way they talked ^-^ *so polite and calm* I thought it would be a good thing to watch the show for my japanese... awsome voices and beautiful intonations, especially concerning Sachiko-sama.

I thought: this is the kind of show that would never interest most of boys watching anime.... But I'm glad boys enjoy it too ^_^

And yes, Marimite is very unique to my eyes! ^o^
Old 2004-10-24, 15:35   Link #66
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Never mind this post

Last edited by Proto; 2004-10-24 at 15:35. Reason: whoops :D
Closed Thread