AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 11:38   Link #101
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm...I thought Chikane plays the piano but I guess she's pretty skillful with a flute, eh? Aiyo, must not think nasty thoughts...must go away...
Old 2004-10-07, 12:07   Link #102
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Good job dreamless... hope you're happy lol
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 12:48   Link #103
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Aren't you a little sarcastic ?
not really, I consider Yamibou having the one of the greatest bittersweet endings for an anime ever... sure if you want something all happy and whatever then you may not get what you want, but a great bittersweet ending is a great ending, a great sad ending is a great ending, just like a great happy ending is a great ending. Surely you may think Romeo&Juliet has a bad ending because the lovers can't live happily ever after, but that doesn't change the fact that it's regarded as one of the best endings to a story ever.

I never judge an ending's quality on whether it makes me happy or sad, I judge an ending's quality on how well it's done and presented that whether it makes me feel for it or not. I'd say Yamibou's ending is done super well, very emotional, I really feel for it, and I may remember it deeply for a long time to come, instead of some cheap all-happy ending that's easily forgettable within days.

(side note: I don't mean that all-happy endings are all cheap, they can be done very well, like the endings to Kita He and Kenran Butoh Sai, but it depends on the overall progression of the story and the character personalities. In Yamibou's case, I don't think a good all-happy ending could be possible, while its current ending fits the story and character personalities perfectly)

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-07 at 12:59.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:06   Link #104
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
not really, I consider Yamibou having the one of the greatest bittersweet endings for an anime ever... sure if you want something all happy and whatever then you may not get what you want, but a great bittersweet ending is a great ending, a great sad ending is a great ending, just like a great happy ending is a great ending. Surely you may think Romeo&Juliet has a bad ending because the lovers can't live happily ever after, but that doesn't change the fact that it's regarded as one of the best endings to a story ever.
In fact I prefer sad and tragic endings over happy ones, too...

Spoiler:

And what everyone have against Eva TV 's ending ? Do you really prefer EoE's (the nihilistic and gratuitously gore but not quite sad one), people ?

But I totally agree with you, Dreamless : sad endings are more beautiful.

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2004-10-07 at 14:40.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:36   Link #105
Spuffy
オウカ~

Nevermind.

Last edited by Spuffy; 2004-10-08 at 08:22.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:40   Link #106
YuuYevon

Discussing about dreamless's spoiler

For Dreamless and sarcasteak especially but anybody is welcome to read, important.
Spoiler:

Last edited by YuuYevon; 2004-10-07 at 15:03.
YuuYevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:51   Link #107
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

YuuYevon, I'm a bit confused. I don't believe I ever made any sort of indication that I had read or seen the manga. I don't believe I have even mentioned or commented dreamless' manga spoiler.

I live in Canada by the way, and learning Japanese is nothing but a dream right now.

I'm not sure about the instrument scene in the manga. I'm not watching the anime in anticipation for that rumoured scene.

EDIT: Perhaps you've confused me with sarcasteak.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2004-10-07 at 14:57. Reason: Clarification
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 15:01   Link #108
YuuYevon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
YuuYevon, I'm a bit confused. I don't believe I ever made any sort of indication that I had read or seen the manga. I don't believe I have even mentioned or commented dreamless' manga spoiler.

I live in Canada by the way, and learning Japanese is nothing but a dream right now.

I'm not sure about the instrument scene in the manga. I'm not watching the anime in anticipation for that rumoured scene.

EDIT: Perhaps you've confused me with sarcasteak.
Timeless Enigma, I apologize for my mistakes. I am wrong and I'm sorry for that. In my anger I have missed some post and arrived at your name instead. Again, sorry.
Old 2004-10-07, 15:18   Link #109
dreamless

Quote:
In fact I prefer sad and tragic endings over happy ones, too...

Spoiler:

And what everyone have against Eva TV 's ending ? Do you really prefer EoE's (the nihilistic and gratuitously gore but not quite sad one), people ?

But I totally agree with you, Dreamless : sad endings are more beautiful.
well, my take on the Yamibou ending is that
Spoiler for Yamibou ending:

For EVA ending... personally I like the "ending" at ep24, ep25 and 26 are just too disconnected to the rest of the series and the whole feel changed a lot. EoE is... okay for me I guess... IMO it has its good moments (like those about Misato) and its... not so good moments (like those about Rei)...

===========================

For YuuYevon, and anyone else interested
Spoiler:

BTW I think the other person that have claimed to have read the manga beside me is not Timeless Enigma, but sarcasteak...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-07 at 15:44.
Old 2004-10-07, 16:00   Link #110
FlyByNite

Quote:
well, my take on the Yamibou ending is that
Spoiler for Yamibou ending:
Personally I wasn't that big a fan of the ending for Yamibou
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:27   Link #111
FooBarWidget

The first ep is impressive. The music is AWESOME. It reminds me a lot of Yami to Boushi.
Are there any scanlations of this manga? So far Google didn't give me any good results.
FooBarWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:27   Link #112
YuuYevon

To Dreamless,
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-07, 17:21   Link #113
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
You should pity me instead. That list is proof that I really have no life outside of my college Computer Technology program and anime. No girlfriend, no friends, no other hobbies. Anime has basically taken over my life.

Ok, that's a big exaggeration, but I'm sure you get the point. (Un)fortunately, that list can only continue to grow.

But guest, you really should consider this series too!! All hail Himeko, Chikane... but more importantly... Oogami Souma!!
I am sure you have a lot of friends here.
I wil read this thread once a while. If this turn out good, I might pick it up.
Old 2004-10-07, 17:51   Link #114
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuuYevon
Firstly, forgive me but I highly question your "spoilers" because I notice how Kaishaku writes his manga (assuming that is a he) like Steel Angel Kurumi. He is not a hentai artist and considering what you already said, those scenes in Kannazuki according to you is almost hentai and hardcore. And I doubt that Shounen Ace would publish hentai in their issues, much less that the Kannazuki manga is being released widely in Japan in Ocotber 1st, mind you, October 1st.
No, it wasn't a rumor or fake spoiler, but I'm sure dreamless sent you the scans already. Just so you know, neither of us ever said it was hardcore or hentai; we merely mentioned the outcome of that scene. I do apologize if I sounded misleading...or that you have good imagination.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:22   Link #115
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Personally I wasn't that big a fan of the ending for Yamibou
Spoiler:
well, that's why
Spoiler:

Quote:
Seems everybody is waiting for the.. flute part.
There will be a riot if it finally is not included in the show.
lol, all hell will break loose if the anime ends up not including the "flute part", and not only on this forum, at least four other forums are full of people waiting for it too well, personally I'd like to see the anime including that part just to confirm whether it's indeed a... flute or not... there are people saying it's a katana scabbard or well-decorated iron pipe or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBarWidget
Are there any scanlations of this manga? So far Google didn't give me any good results.
There are no scanslations, there are japanese raw scans of the manga. I'm not sure if it's okay to post the torrent link here, so I'll play it safe unless some higher-ups give me the go... or if some other people who has the link think it's okay to post it, feel free to do so
Old 2004-10-07, 22:32   Link #116
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Heh, I must be about the only one who is not anticipating the flute scene.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:58   Link #117
Ialdaboth

Quote:
lol, all hell will break loose if the anime ends up not including the "flute part", and not only on this forum, at least four other forums are full of people waiting for it too
Ah, so we are not the only music-lovers, here at Animesuki...
It seems so exagerated, surreal and over the top that yes, it begs to be seen to be believed.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 03:05   Link #118
FlyByNite

Quote:
Ah, so we are not the only music-lovers, here at Animesuki...
It seems so exagerated, surreal and over the top that yes, it begs to be seen to be believed.
Having seen some of the scans today I'd have to say I'm leaning more towards it being the scabbard of a sword. But some of the accompanying text which I can't understand, may say flute for all I know.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 09:40   Link #119
Boxy

Send a message via MSN to Boxy
Hey all i think ill join this thread since i just finished watching the first episode.

This series is: OMG WTF!!! . There is a cataclysmic mix of genre here that is either going to go off or fall miserably in the dust. Like everyone else i was laughing my head off at the mecha battle.

Yeah now that i got that outa my system, i'd like to be in the fanclub as well , Oogumi (hope i spelled it right) rox.
Boxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:21   Link #120
pink_872

can any one scan the scene where Chikane took Himeko's virginity with her flute

please
pink_872 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri